InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Haze'd ❯ Chapter One: Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Haze'd
By: DarkCrystalis

Disclaimer: I own no one and nothing; are you happy about that?

Summary: Judge K.S. Higurashi is the youngest person in all of history to have such a powerful role in society. She commands attention with merely a glance, and her intelligence goes far beyond anyone else's her age. However, when she is met with a trial which is the most difficult as of yet, she is torn between doing the lawful thing, and her emotional attachments. [SK]

XxXx

Chapter One:
Introductions

Judge K.S. Higurashi allowed her gaze to fall onto the document before her.

She'd done far too many cases to be an ameture, and some would say that her young age was her downfall. At 25, K.S. Higurashi was the youngest judge ever in the history of Law, but it wasn't a bad thing. Often, people made assumptions of her lack of skill, however, it wasn't something unexpected.

Sighing lightly as she reviewed the sheet, her eyes held a particular interest to a few words.

"Mr. S. Taisho, tryed for murder on twenty one occasions in recent years, but never once convicted..." the paper rambled on, stating what the case was, and who the plaintifs were, but she'd lost her interest.

Tryed for twenty one murders, but never convicted? How was that possible? Was the legal system today so corrupted that it couldn't keep a single man behind bars? Or, perhaps lawfil people honest to god hated this man so much that they'd tryed him twenty one times for murder? Highly unlikely.

Strangely enough, Ms. Higurashi recognized the name. It sounded familiar, and powerful; but where did she know it from?

Keeping a straight face, she allowed her mind to wander, attempting to remember where the name was familiar.

Despite her ongoing concentration, her chamber doors were lightly tapped on, stumbling her out of her stupor.

"Yes?" She called from the oak desk, not bothering to look up.

A young woman walked in, with long dark brown hair, and chocolate coloured eyes. Her name was Sango May, a well known lawyer in Japan. Right after her walked in another well known lawyer; Inuyasha Taisho.

Kagome mentally grinned as the name finally clicked. Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru Taisho; how could she forget? They were oh-so-famous for their brotherly inner workings, after all...

XxXx

5 Minutes Beforehand...

Sango May walked tensly down the halls, as the other lawyer quietly followed. She'd heard all about him; he was the one that had tryed Sesshoumaru Taisho on twenty one other occasions; and his brother.

Their outer appearance was quite shocking; both of them inherited the long silver hair and golden brown eyes from their father, Inu no Taisho. Long, lean, and muscular frames were typical amongst their family, as were their cold attitudes which consisted of rarely smiling or enjoying themselves in public. All in all, they were very much a secluded bunch of people.

Excluding their strange attitudes, they weren't to be underestimated, because all three of these men were very smart; especially Sesshoumaru. He had features rivaling a porcelin doll's, but the voice that overtook the power of the arctic. It was so emotionless; some would say that it was surreal.

Aside from that, he was being tryed for murder; again. This time would be his twenty second occasion, but it would be his downfall; after all, with the title "Best Female Lawyer in Japan", she had something to live up to.

However, things would be much more complicated when she went head to head against Inuyasha Taisho; the "Best Male Lawyer in Japan".

It seemed as though they had their work cut out for them.

'Nevertheless, I will show him that I am not to be judged; I will win this case.'

XxXx

Inuyasha watched the sleek young woman in front of him as they approached Judge K.S. Higurashi's chambers. No one had ever been told what the "K.S." stood for, but that didn't seem to matter. He would admit, though, that he was curious.

Staring ahead boredly, Inuyasha began to ponder about his opponent.

Sango May was definately someone not to be trifled with; after all, she held a title as strong as his. He'd seen her in action a few times in the past, as she had seen him.

Without a doubt, their titles held much worth to them.

Keeping his face straight, he resisted the urge to grind his teeth in frustration. He merely wanted to get this case over with, just as he had twenty one other times.

'It's a shame that Sango May will be shattered so easily; I am far beyond ready for this case.'

XxXx

Sesshoumaru Taisho nonchantly rose his head in arrogance as his father glared at him. Things weren't supposed to happen this way; he wasn't supposed to get tryed twenty one times. His son should have gotten the jobs done quickly and easily, without the mess left behind.

'Sometimes, I am sure that he does this just to annoy me...'

"Father, do you believe me to be stupid?" The strong sound of his son's voice echoing through the high ceilinged room nearly made him cringe. It sounded so cold and uncaring, much like his own.

"No, but I wish you would stop doing this. Your idiocy never ceases to amuse me. What are you trying to prove? One day, you will be tryed by Sango May, or have judge K.S. Higurashi, and your games will be over."

Sesshoumaru elegantly shrugged his shoulders, not bothering to take his cold stare off of his father.

"The other twenty one were far too easy; I was displeased. After all, they're just two more women to break, father; I like a challenge."

Turning away quickly, he strode out of the room confidently. Tomorrow's trial would be a breeze, as every other had been.

XxXx

After Judge Kagome Higurashi reviewed the case, she nodded her head solmnly. The first part of the trial would take place tomorrow at 10:00am, and Sesshoumaru Taisho, despite his half-brother's assurances, would be tryed for first degree murder.

Sango smiled wickedly, happy at having things start off in her wing; fifty percent of the other cases didn't even make it this far.

Striding out of the office, she kept her excitement inside; the last thing she wanted was to appear overly cocky.

Inuyasha scowled at her outside the chambers, and then gave her a grin which caused shivers to run up and down her body.

"You will not succeed tomorrow, dear Sango," he hissed, his smirk suddenly disappearing in the dim lighting of the hallway.

"Prove me wrong, Mr. Taisho; I've never lost a case yet, and I don't intend to tomorrow."

Spinning on her heal, she was unprepared for his sudden jerk on her arm.

"No matter what happens tomorrow or in the coming weeks," he whispered heatedly in her ear, "I will be taking you to dinner."

Recoiling from his sudden proposal, Sango's face soured as if in contact with a bitter lemon.

"I think not, Inuyasha."

Moving away from him as quickly as her wobbley legs allowed, she did her best to ignore the shivers riding down her spine.

'It's just an intimidation tactic; get over it, Sango...'

Inuyasha inwardly grinned as he watched her leave his presence.

Hook.


XxXx

Kagome lay in her expensive apartment on the couch, in the most uncomfortable position. She was far too lazy to move, though; it was 11:24pm, and she'd only just gotten home from her chambers.

The Sesshoumaru Taisho case was far more complicated than anyone would let on, and it frustrated her. However, despite her inner battle, she had to keep her cool. She was a judge, and had been for the past couple years. One case would not be enough to deter her from continuing onwards in a professional and efficeint manner.

Closing her eyes, she willed herself to relax. Stressing over tomorrow's trial wouldn't make her any more comfortable with what would be happening, or ease her tension.

Content that she'd finally convinced herself that things would go well, she sighed and rolled over.

Sleep claimed her soon, but the haunting dreams she'd been having lately continued...

XxXx

A leering shadow loomed over her lightly sleeping form, staring at her through the pitch blackness. Golden eyes twinkled with michief as he watched her rest beneath his cold gaze.

Lightly caressing his clawed hand down her cheek, he grinned darkly as the unsuspecting victim shivered in response to his surprisingly soft touch.

"Soon," he whispered hotly in her ear before departing from her.


XxXx

Kagome shivered and bolted up from the couch. In the process, she pulled a muscle in her neck, and yelped out in pain.

"Ohhh, stupid dream," she muttered, padding over to the washroom.

Rubbing the sore spot, she scowled into the mirror at her appearance. Kagome had just woken up, but it didn't mean that she had to look so awful. Her previous night's mascara and eye liner were smudged under and around her eyes, along with the purple eye shadow. The long, black, straight locks on her head looked like a bird's nest, and were in sickeningly poor condition.

Sighing helplessly, Kagome checked the clock on the wall. It was already 6:34am; she might as well have a shower and eat now.

Stepping gingerly out of her last night's outfit, K.S. Higurashi allowed the shower's hot spray to coat her body. Succumbing to the hot-warmth, she closed her eyes, and got wrapped up in the moment.

Lathering her hair using some Pantine Pro-V shampoo, she grinned at the luscious silky feeling in her hands. After repeating this process, she coated the bottom half of her hair with conditioner. In all honesty, she'd be doomed without it.

Rinsing off her hair and body, she exited the shower, and quickly dried off, disliking the cold that instantly met her body.
 
Wrapping the thin towel around her chest, she changed into fresh clothes from inside her closet.

After drying off her hair with the blow dryer in the bathroom, she brushed it thoroughly, and threw on some make up, in order to look somewhat more polished.

Grabbing a raspberry Nutrigrain bar before leaving, she munched on it as she rode down the elevator.

Glancing at her watch, she grinned when it said just after 8:00am. It normally took about an hour or so to get to work everyday, but today was one day she didn't want to be late for.

Slipping into her yellow and black Honda s2000, she smiled at the bright and sunny weather outside. It was a lovely day, and the friendly warmth from the sun integrated a light bounce in her step.

Things seemed to be going smoothly, until she hit the highway. There'd been an accident, and traffic was heavy.

Banging her head against the steering wheel, Kagome gritted her teeth. Although she had a strong and stoic composure, she also had a light case of road rage.

Biting her lip to keep from screaming 'Come on you idiots, let's get a move on!', Kagome decided to drum her hands on her lap in impatience instead. Putting in the nearest CD, she immediately felt calmed when one of her favourite songs wafted through the car's stereo speakers.

The soft tone made her close her eyes, despite the loud honking of other cars nearby. Flipping her head towards the sky, she admired the bright blue hues in front of her, silently wishing that everyday would be like this.

However, the moment didn't last long, because she was thrown out of her reverie from an older male driver behind her.

"Lady, move it!"

Scowling, she whipped her head around, and gave the man the finger.

"Eat me!" Kagome roared, and then sped off.

XxXx

Rin clung on desperately to Sesshoumaru's pant leg, not wanting him to leave her side.

"Sesshy-sama, please don't leave this Rin."

Keeping up his cold demeanor, Sesshoumaru merely glanced down to her meger height.

"I must go; there is no discussion."

Sadness was evident in the little girl's eyes, but she didn't dare try to defy him.

"As long as you will come back, then this Rin will be fine."

Smiling once more, her previous sadness now forgotten, Rin skipped down the lavish hallway, getting ready for school.

Inu no Taisho watched the display with a hint of laughter in his eyes.

"It seems that she's the only one that can push your buttons, Sesshoumaru."

Saying nothing against the comment, he merely glared at his father.

"Collect Inuyasha, and let's be on our way."

XxXx

Sango paced in front of the full length mirror, staring at her reflection. Her hair was done up in a chignon, making her look even more professional than usual. Her dark grey v-neck pinstripe suit adorned her lanky form, emphasizing her curves. A bright white collared shirt adorned the underneath of her suit top, along with fashionable black boots, finishing off the look she'd been going for.

A medium green shade coloured her eyelids, while a thin layer of mascara elongated her lashes. The lightest and tinyest amounts of pink blushed her high cheekbones, giving her the epitome of beauty.

Smiling brightly in the glass afore her, she left her home with confidence. Not only did she look good, but she felt good, too.

Climbing into her bright red Mustang convertible, she revved the engine, and pushed the pedal down roughly to zoom off her large property. Switching the gear shifts as she went along, Sango easily made her way onto the highway at over 120 kilometers per hour, towards the courthouse where the trial would be held.

'I will beat Inuyasha Taisho; without a doubt.'

XxXx

Sesshoumaru watched with arrogance as all the other cars slowed when he passed. They couldn't help but feel inferior to his lovely, black Cadillac CTS-V.

Drivers tried to peek in through the darkly tinted windows, but failed due to their currently alarming accelleration speed. The car went from 0 to 90 kilometers in two seconds flat, never mind the 210 kilometers per hour they were currently traveling at on the highway.

Sesshoumaru yawned and leaned back in the leather apolstered seat, lazily opening the sunroof over his head. His almost female-like long silver hair whipped around in the car carelessly, but he honestly didn't mind one bit.

Fiddling with the DVD/GPS navigation system which came with the car, he input the address for the courthouse. According to his current standpoint, he'd be there in around twenty minutes.

Pushing on the gas even more insistently to just over 230 kilometers per hour, he glanced over to his side, calmly staring at his father, who was gripping the sides of the leather seats in fright. All in all, he was scared shitless.

"Watch the road!" Inu no Taisho yelled to his son, but immediately regretted it when the car shot forwards even faster.

"Father, this is my car, and I'm well aware of how to drive it."

Surpassing 240 kilometers per hour, Sesshoumaru with-held a sigh. His father was getting older, perhaps scaring him like this wasn't a good idea?

'Ah, who cares about him anyway.'

Slowing the car down by the slightest fraction, he watched from the corner of his eye as his father relaxed some-what.

Inuyasha was seemingly just fine in the back seat, streching in the fair amount of leg space.

"Let me hear that Corvette engine, baby," Inuyasha boyishly demanded, waiting for the sound.

Unfailingly, a deep roar emitted from the car's insides, making their father pass out from fear.

"I guess he couldn't handle the $7,300 USD Corvette engine," Inuyasha stated with a dark smirk on his face.

"I suppose not," Sesshoumaru answered.

XxXx

Author's Note:

This is mostly a teaser, to see who would be interested in reading this story. I'm currently working on two other stories, as you probably already know, but I did this in my spare time as a fun sort of thing.

I'm aware that it's severely lacking right now, but the plot will definately thicken in later chapters. If you read the short summary of this story, you'd have an idea of what this fanfiction will be offering later on.

So, please review, and let me know if you're liking where this is heading so far!

I'll write you back through the Author Response thing, to reply to any reviews.

I hope I don't/didn't disappoint!

Sincerely,
 
-DarkCrystalis