InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heart Healed Over ❯ Headache ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Okay I'm neglecting my other story but i have too much on this going through my head right now so I'll do this than update my other one by thursday.
chapter 4
Sei's head was hurting worse than when he smacked his head against that brick wall in high school when he was skateboarding. He didn't know where he was or who he was with and that was frightening to him since he couldn't even open his eyes enough to get a peek at his surroundings. So despite his best efforts to get out of the bed that he knew he now lay in, all Sei was able to do was drift in and out of sleep for god knows how many days. But to him the situation was a bit odd for a few reasons, the first being that every now and then he heard a deep voice talking to what sounded like a young girl and it seemed that the two were disscusing how his recovery was going and when it would be a good time to talk to him, while the second was that he noticed someone moving a small thing from under him which made him feel extremely embarassed because he couldn't even say he was sorry to the person nor know who was doing that for him. And the third and final reason was that after he was given what seemed to be soup and water someone would remain in the room with him and he could feel the eyes boreing into him and he hated feeling frightened for his life.
And that was his routine for what seemed to be an eternity until he woke one day and felt that the pain wasn't as severe as it had been when he first woke and he opened his eyes little by little because the light of the oil lamps in the room was more painful than staring straight into the sun. It took him awhile, what with having to open his eyes like a new born babe to keep from going insane from the pain of a light so faint that it wasn't even dangerous to a bat, but when he finally did he found himself lying in what he could tell was a bedroom inside of the house of an ancient japanese noble and before he could even move from his spot on his futon that he heard an squeaking voice ask"Honestly, Rin just let the boy die. I'm sure our lord could care less about the life of this boy." Trying to remember what he'd heard about this place from Kagome he strained to try and remember who she said had a voice like that but the young girl he'd heard before said"No, Jakken. Lord Sesshomaru wants him alive because he said that it'd be wiser to protect and help the friends of Inuyasha-san so if help is needed Lord Sesshomaru will get it."
The names said sent an alarm of in Sei's head and he thought, Great, I'm being treated by Inuyashas brother! This can't be good, because Kagome had told me about his cruelty in battle and god only knows what he has done to me while I lay here. Thinking it better to move injured than to stay here and let himself be tortured, Sei sat up and began to crawl slowly over to what looked to be the door but he didn't get far before the nausea hit him and he planted his face into an empty pot and vomitted what little there was for him to get rid of. This wasn't good in his mind because once that first grunt of sickness was heard the door to his room opened and a young girl placed a tray on the ground and ran to him while the toad just pointed and snickered at him.
Wanting to smack the toad, and not being able to made Sei's blood boil which seemed to make his sickness even worse as he let out another gut wrenching sound and felt a bit of bile come up. But while he was doing this the girl named Rin was rubbing his back and saying"You suffered a bad head injury and too much movement will make you sick so please don't move to much or else our lord will get furious." Nodding his head a little he gasped out"Can...cough...cough...I get a...cough...rag" Through his blurred vision he could see Rin smiling and she went to a water basin and grabbed a damp rag and began cleaning what she could off of him. As she did this however, the toad continued to snicker and mutter remarks like"Weak human. Cannot even handle a light head wound." At that remark Rin turned and said"Maybe it would be wise of you to go and get Lord Sesshomaru, I'm sure he wouldn't want to be kept waiting that he is awake"
The toads face grew frightened at the thought of being punished and he scammpered off to find their lord. With him gone Rin smiled and said"Can you move to the bed" Sei nodded and slowly moved himself back to his bed with the girls help and allowed her to sit him against the wall and bring the food tray over to him before asking"Can you stomach some soup" Nodding at her question Sei asked"Have you been taking care of me" Spooning some soup and giving it to him she beamed and said"Yes, well I've been feeding you and two of the servants have been cleaning up after you." Sei's face burned red and he said"It wasn't the toad was it" Rin giggled and said"No it was..." but was interrupted by the sound of two pops and looked to see two little dog like creatures on their hind legs saying"It was us! SHIBA AND KIBA, the dog sprites"
Sei watched them do a little dance and was glad that it was easy to tell the sprites apart or else his head would have been hurting even more. As far as he could tell with his sore eyes, Shiba was a female and looked a bit like what he thought to be a German Shepard, but how that was possible was beyond him and Kiba looked like a Huskey which seemed to be more possible due to Russia being closer to Japan. Smirking at their enthusiasm he said"I'm Sei..." but was cut off as Kiba said"You're Seiya Mizutani of Tokyo! Wherever the hell that is" Staring at them curiously Sei said"Call me Sei. And how'd you learn that" As if on cue Shiba threw his wallet at him and said"A card with a likeness of you on it said your name and where you're from on it. The only two things we understood was the village name and your name but all the numbers and stuff confused us."
Brushing his wallet away Sei replied"I bet it would in this time. So you two have been taking care of me" The two sprites bowed and smiled, well Shiba did but Kiba had a bit of an awkward look to him which made cough out a laugh and say"Don't worry Kiba, I'd be embarassed if I had to do what you did too. Let's just say I owe ya big." The sprite bowed down and said"Your lordship is most gracious." Coughing again, but this time more violently, Sei quietly said"Don't worry about it." But immediately began coughing violently which got the three worried until Rin grabbed a cup with some hot liquid and eased it down his throat. It tasted putrid but Sei knew that many old remedies did and he did his best not to spit it out as she gave him the medicine.
As he sipped at the remedy Rin said"Our lord has felt that you are of great value to him and wishes to talk with you once you are better, but he didn't say what it was about. All I know is that he has taken an interest in you since after your final evening cleaning he seems to sit in here all night watching you sleep." Coughing on the last drop Sei looked at her and asked"What kind of value could I have to him? I'm a human from another era so why would he..." but he'd figured it out right then and there. He was from a different time and had knowledge of the future and based upon what he knew of Sesshomaru, the demon would want as much information on the future as possible to ensure he would have some power in the human dominated time.
And not wanting Rin to think her lord was a selfish bastard, although he was one, he let the girl continue. "Well a few days ago my lord recieved word that some demons heard of you from the boar that chased you and think that you're like Kagome, in that you are a priest of great power and possibly contain some powerful item for them to use. So my lord has decided it best if he watch you at night, even though it is my fault that you have become a burden to him." Arching an eyebrow Sei asked the girl"So he brought me here at your request."
Setting the bowl of soup aside Rin nodded and said"I knew by your clothes that you were from whereever it is that Kagome-can came from and I thought that if you did come from there than you must be a friend of Inuyasha's and our lord might find it in his heart to help you and luckily he did." Seeing the embarassed look on the girls face he said"Thank you, Rin. Now how about some more of that soup" The girl giggled and said"You should be thanking Shiba since it's her recipe." Looking at to where the sprites were Sei found them to be gone and shrugging he said"I'll thank her later." and allowed himself to be fed like a baby.
While Sei was receiving his first concious meal in a week at one part of the castle, inside the huge study Sesshomaru was doing what he normally did in there, which meant he'd be spending a few hours meticuously pouring over maps and books while checking the news of border crossings and violent outbreaks inside his territory. But, while the front of his mind was occupied with his majistorial duties the back of his mind was dwelling on the young boy who was now under his care. Well he couldn't really call him a boy as by the look and scent of him he was a few years past the age of manhood in human terms but in his eyes it was like looking at a young child. Yet he couldn't shake the images of him from his mind.
After deeming the boy worthy of his protection while he slept Sesshomaru took it upon himself to at least learn the name of the human in his care, which was easier said than done as the boy wore some odd garments and on the side of what he figured out to be pants he saw a large bulge and reached in and removed a leather object. Opening it at the crease he saw an odd object made of some weird material and on it was what seemed to be a life like drawing of the youth and under it were the characters spelling out"Seiya Mizutani." With that figured out he checked all the pouches and openings and found odd rectangular things which from one he figured were called"cards." and each held what he thought was personal information as everyone gave his name and what he could only figure to be where he lived and also his date of birth.
He would have done more but he felt odd as he looked back at the boy and figured that he was at least concious of someone being in the room and not wanting to frighten him even more Sesshomaru had kept the object with him until the day before when Shiba had accidentally discovered it in his quarters while cleaning. But it wasn't only the fact that the boy lay there with knowledge he would need that drew the Inu to him but something else. The boys odd hair color and complexion somehow made Sesshomaru feel a sense of uneasiness that wasn't fear but it wasn't nervousness it was something else, something that he could not explain to himself. He could sense that the boy would have been a great rival had he been born a demon for when he checked him over he could see that the boy, while not being muscular nor fat, had great power in him and was somewhat self taught in a way of self defense. He had a full face and high cheek bones and although unconcious, seemed unusually aware of what was going on around him.
But although he felt a connection to the boy he knew that bringing another human into his home was now a much bigger problem than he had thought, for the leaders of all the demon clans, while feeling one human was tolerable in a lords home, were now outraged that he dared to take another into his home and nurse him back to health. He had received a letter stating that a gathering of the heads would take place sometime soon, but by Sesshomaru's reckoning the old fools would take at least a year to summon him to discuss the human and that was if they hurried.
Giving the letter one last glance he threw the paper into his fire and was about to go back to his books when a knock came at his door. Grunting in acknowledgement the door opened and Jakken said"My Lord Sesshomaru, the boy is now awake." Without glancing up from his desk Sesshomaru said"Why are you telling me this" The toad squeaked and said"Because we felt that you should know of the boys condition." Glancing up Sesshomaru asked"We" Cowering Jakken said"Yes, Rin and I found the boy sick and awake and felt you should know of his condition." Glaring at the toad Sesshomaru said"Pitiful that you needed the help of Rin to come to such an easy conclusion." Feeling even more discouraged Jakken bowed and said"Forgive me my lord I..." but was cut off by Sesshomaru saying"But it's no less than what is expected of you, Jakken."
Not moving from his spot Jakken waited as Sesshomaru put his papers aside and said"I will visit the boy later this evening. But for now I need you to go and tell Shiba and Kiba to prepare extra food since we have guests." And without even asking what his lord meant Jakken headed straight for the kitchens while Sesshomaru headed to the courtyard thinking to himself, That fool took no time in coming for his friend. I was right in bringing the boy here for help because now that fool owes me a debt of gratitude and I feel that it may come someday soon.
Although the walls did an excellent job of blocking out most of the sound, Sesshomaru could hear his brother yelling from the castle gates for entrance while the guards denied it to him. Glad that his guards were keeping his orders of not allowing anyone through he knew that if he didn't reach them soon he would soon have to find replacements and that would require more time than he wished to spend on such a trivial thing. He only had the guards for Rin's protection while he was gone and all had performed admirably but his brother was easily a thousand times more a threat than most demons so he thought it best to calm the fool while it was possible.
Once he reached the gate he could see that the guards were getting ready for Inuyasha's onslaught and judging by his brothers voice his patience was wearing extremely thin. So in his own best interest Sesshomaru shouted"Let them through." up at the guards. Looking down nervously one asked"Are you sure you want him in the gates my lord" Glaring up at the demon he said"Do not question this Sesshomaru's orders. I said let them through so do it." And without needing to hear the order the gate controllers opened the giant passage enough to let Inuyasha and his human through.
He could tell that the human was scared and Inuyasha furious so to make this as painless as possible he said"Do not worry girl. Inside these walls no harm will fall to you." Smiling more out of politeness than relief Kagome said"I'm glad to hear that Sesshomaru." But once she said that one of the demons at the gate began to correct her but he fell silent once Sesshomaru looked at him and then turning back to the girl and his brother he said"Your timing was impeccable little brother as the boy has just woken up and is in the care of the girl Rin."
Snorting out of annoyance Inuyasha said"Yeah I bet. And I bet you messed with him while he was injured too. So what'd you do torture him for information" Chuckling lightly Sesshomaru looked at the hanyou and snapped his fingers which summoned the sprite Kiba to his side asking"What do you wish of me Lord Sesshomaru" Without moving his eyes from his brothers face Sesshomaru said"Prepare a room and extra places at the table for we are having company tonight. But before that take the girl to the boy." Bowing quickly at his lord and then floating to Kagome's side Kiba said"This way my sweet lady." And led her in the direction of Sei's room.
Inuyasha was about to follow them when Sesshomaru stopped him and said"You and I have something to discuss brother." And baring his fangs while speaking Inuyasha asked"What do you want" Smirking at his brothers lack of finesse Sesshomaru stood his ground and said"I only wish to let you know of why I took the boy into my care." Scoffing at his brothers unusual attitude Inuyasha asked"Why did you take him into your care then if it wasn't for torture or some sick full demon ritual thing"
Feeling his amusement rise Sesshomaru said"Because my dear brother, I may need your help one day soon and by doing this I have secured your position in helping me." Letting out a small bit of laughter Inuyasha asked"Really? Why do you think I would get mixed into your demon affairs" Chuckling again Sesshomaru said"Because I have helped a friend of yours and knowing how protective you are of your precious friends you would be willing to help anyone who cared for them to repay the debt, correct" Although no answer was needed as Sesshomaru saw his brothers face fill with anger at being figured out so easily before saying"And since I have saved the boys life by giving him food, shelter, and medical treatment the boy owes a life debt to me which will help me prepare for some things."
Glaring at his brother Inuyasha asked"Like what" Only to receive a small and scary bit of laughter fill his ears before Sesshomaru said"You have a human who has allowed you to see the future and now with this boy's help I will be able to at least ensure my survival over the next five hundred years. Of course that is if the boy knows what it truly means to fill a life debt. But also I plan to have him watch Rin when he is able to so I can go about my ruling duties more efficiently." Seething with anger at his brothers arrogance Inuyasha composed himself and with a great loss of pride said"Fine, if you need my help I'll give it to you so long as no harm ever falls to Sei."
Nodding at his brother Sesshomaru said"I'm so glad we could come to an agreement little brother, but as it grows late I extend my hospitality to you and your chosen tonight. But, do not worry your safety is in no jeopardy but you cannot move the boy for another fortnight at least so as the doctor in my employment says that he is fully recovered." Inuyasha checked his brother out for a moment before he was satisfied with his pledge and said"Fine, but if any harm comes to Sei while he is here I swear I will have your head the same goes for anytime he is in your service. And don't even think of doing anything to him." Holding up his hand and making a sign of honesty Sesshomaru said"Fine, I will not harm the boy nor will no harm will come to him while he fulfills his debt to me." And after making sure his brothers words were true Inuyasha followed Kagome's scent while Sesshomaru went back to his study to wait for the meal.
There is chapter 4. RR PLEASE!

Converting /tmp/phpbJnETD to /dev/stdout