InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heart Healed Over ❯ Seiyas Reaction ( Chapter 27 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 27 is here...thanks to a friend of mine this and the next chapter will be much more interesting. MASSIVE OOCness ON SESSHOMARUS PART!!

Chapter 27

Seiya was extremely livid at the recent turn in the days mood. It had started off fairly well, with he and Sesshomaru waking up in each others arms after going without one anothers touch for three weeks. The reason behind them not being together was because of two things, the first being that Rin was required to go back to some of her teachers for the continuation of some of her more advanced lessons, the second reason was that Sesshomaru had not checked his lands in some time.

Most people would have been upset, but Sei was understanding of his mates position. Besides he had only two weeks left of his internship and he wanted to make sure that he made it count, since well he’d missed a few exams and the only way he could make up the lost credits was to put in extra time at the paper. He was given crap for articles to work with, yet he took his work in strides and he’d made up enough time to cover his lack of finesse in his journalism class.

The human wasn’t expecting anything special the night before. He’d just returned from taking his friends home after a night out, and was getting ready for bed when Sesshomaru pulled him to the bed. Since they first got together, Seiya had never seen the demon as dominant as he was that night. Not that he minded since the whole night he wasn’t allowed one minute of rest, because every time he’d try to fall asleep for a minute, Sessh would just start kissing and licking all the right spots to get him back at attention.

Finally at about seven that morning, the two were too tired to even kiss each other before they fell asleep. At about four, Seiya woke up to find Sesshomaru curled up on his side, pulling him into his arms. Smiling tiredly, Sei stroked his mates hair before saying, “Come on, time to get up and move around a bit.” Opening his eyes, Sesshomaru stared at the boy as he said, “I moved enough for the two of us last night.” Laughing loudly, Sei said, “Oh come on. I did plenty of moving to, since you didn’t wanna move while you sat on top of me.”

Snorting loudly, the demon took a deep breath as he said, “We reek of last night.” Turning onto his own side, Seiya flicked his mate in the nose before saying, “That’s why we need to get up and shower. Besides, I haven’t eaten since yesterday morning and you still owe me a meal.” Sitting up, Sesshomaru popped his shoulder into place before yawningly saying, “Well....ahhh....let’s go then.” Seiya was about to roll out his side of the bed when out of the blue he was flung over his mates shoulder and carried into the bathroom.

The bathroom connected to their bedroom was easily four times the size of Seiyas old one, and not only did it have a bigger shower and more room, there was a big bathtub set under a window. While he sat on his mates shoulder, Sei was wondering why the demon had wondered what the demons problem was. He’d been carried to the tub by the demon before, but for some reason Sessh was being a bit rougher than he usually was when he did this.

Normally the demon had the tub filled by the time he got home and pretty much dragged him into the bathroom where, and also when Rin was asleep or out with Kagome, they spent a good hour pleasuring one another. Yet, pleasure didn’t seem to be on the demons list at that time. After filling the tub, Sesshomaru laid Sei into the tub and began to carefully was his mate. Sei shivered as he felt the demons gentle hands work the soap over his body, which were sometimes followed by a light kiss to the recently cleaned spot.

When the demon began to get closer to his thighs, Sei began to worry about his mate trying to start something, not that he minded. but after nearly nine hours of almost none stop sex he needed a rest. Once Sesshomarus hand reached his waist line the demon said, “Clean yourself koi. Your body is telling me you wish to rest and I’ve already bathed.” Taking the cloth, Sei remained silent, and also a bit pissed about his mate leaving him in the bed to take a bath as he went about finishing his bath.

Once he was done, Sei drained the tub, stood and was about to dry himself when he felt a towel start to get rid of the water on his body. Looking back he saw Sesshomaru scrubbing him down with an intense concentration on his face. Smirking Sei asked, “What’s with you?” Stopping his drying, Sesshomaru looked up at his mate to say, “I’m just trying to be a bit more attentive to you. Is that all right?” Shrugging, Sei felt his hair and chuckled as he said, “I forgot to wash my hair.”

Throwing the towel away, Sesshomaru said, “It doesn’t matter if you did or not. Just go get dressed koi.” Kissing his mates lips, Sei muttered a light thanks before heading into the bedroom to find his clothes set out for him. Shaking his head he asked, “What is this? You don’t think I can dress myself? Sticking his head out of the bathroom door, the demon said, “No, I just decided that I’d like easy access later.” Rolling his eyes at the comment, Sei slipped into the pants while Sesshomaru shut the bathroom door to do his own thing.

It was a few seconds later, when he heard his cousin call out for him. Shocked to see the older man there, Seiya went to welcome him when for no apparent reason his cousin headed towards the bathroom door coming face to face with his mate. Shots were soon fired, and it was only a few seconds after the demon made mention of a self defense plea, Jessys original gun lay in pieces on the floor, while moments later the demon had one hand clenched around the priests neck, while the other was pointed at the small area of flesh that wasn’t covered by his hand. It was amazing how Jessy had been able to get his second fire arm out in those few seconds before getting caught in a death hold, while simultaneously pressing a gun against the demons eye.

Seiya had been frightened before, but it was never about the life of a family member. He could see Sesshomaru choking the life out of his cousin, even after the priest gave up the weapon. It was only by pure dumb luck that he was able to calm his mate down enough to let the priest go. After the usual threats and stuff, the two learned that Jessy was an exorcist for the Catholic Church. To Seiya it was a shock, to Sesshomaru it seemed a perfectly reasonable excuse to kick his mate out of the room so that the two may talk in private.

Which was why Seiya was now sitting in the living room fuming about the past hour, while Kagome and Inuyasha discussed their wedding while enjoying a movie. Getting up again, Seiya went to the kitchen, began to get a drink, decided against it, and instead began to pace across the living room. Shifting his focus from the movie, Inuyasha let out a small growl of impatience at his friend as he said, “Will you sit the hell down. We’re trying to concentrate on the movie.” Stopping in his tracks, Sei clenched the top of his cane so hard that he felt splinters go into his hand as he said, “Shut up.”

Snorting the half breed said, “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure they’re probably discussing the relationship between you and Sesshomaru. By the way, when did he show up?” Keeping his face set like stone, Sei turned to his friend saying, “He showed up last night. Rin’s still on the other side dealing with lessons, so he thought he’d come by since we haven’t really seen each other lately.” Inuyasha remained silent about the information since commenting on it would put undesirable images in his head, so instead he replied by saying, “Don’t get jealous cuz I’ve been chatting online with hot babes all day, Seiya.”

Not finding anything amusing about her mates reaction, Kagome asked her best friend, “Why did your cousin have a gun? He’s a priest, and I thought priests really weren’t supposed to do anything violent.” Flopping down into his recliner, Seiya rubbed his head as he remembered his cousins initial gun. It looked like a standard nine millimeter, only two things set it apart from the guns normally found in stores. The first being laser sighting, which on some guns were considered illegal, and the fact was that it was a bit too powerful for a gun of that size. He’d caught a brief glimpse of the hole it had made on his way out, which pissed him off because he’d have to get the paint and everything to fix it.

Rubbing his temples, he stared at the ceiling while he said, “My cousin’s an exorcist.” Choking on her soda Kagome stared at her friend asking, “What do you mean he’s an exorcist?” Moving his gaze from the ceiling to his friend, Sei said slowly, “He’s...an...ex...or...cist.” Pouting at being talked to like a child, Kagome stuck her tongue out as she said, “So you mean to tell us he goes around killing demons?” Nodding, Sei said, “Yup! He’s even got this weird crystal on his cross that tells him when a demons nearby, along with it’s threat level, and how strong it is by how bright it shines.”

Scoffing at the news, Inuyasha said, “Figures he’d have some sort of device telling him about a demon. Although, if he’s still alive after shooting at Sesshomaru he must have some skill in the job.” Glowering at his friend, Seiya curled a lip as he said, “Really? Well if my cousin can survive an attack against him, why the hell am I not allowed to stay in there and hear the conversation?” Shrugging the hanyou remained silent, while Kagome went back to writing something down.

Realizing that nobody was going to tell him anything, Seiya silently made his way upstairs towards the bedroom door. Sliding against the wall he pressed his ear against it and heard something about a priest who would kill anybody who got in his way. Assuming that it was some other exorcist, Sei pressed harder against the door. He couldn’t make out every word that was said, but it was fairly easy to get know what was being discussed by the words he could hear.

According to his cousin, the reason he’d gotten so angry was apparently the priest saw the scars on Seiyas back and assumed that, along with his using the cane, that Sesshomaru had done something to him to make him the way he was. Glad that his cousin had gone to his defense out of fear for his life, rather than a hatred of demons, Sei heard Sesshomaru mention, without going into great detail, the torture that Seiya had gone to a couple of months prior. His heart felt like it was being ripped apart at the thought of that day.

Putting his hand over his left pec, Seiya continued to listen as Jessy mentioned something about demon conception. It was a bit weird to hear a priest discussing Inuyashas ability to conceive children, and having the knowledge of Kagome not being pregnant. But Kagome not being pregnant didn’t really clarify to the eavesdropper as to why his cousin could assume that there was a second hanyou presence in the house, because according to Inuyasha, if Kagome got pregnant on any night the moon was visible, primarily the full moon, the child would be a hanyou, while if it was on the new moon the child would be human.

So if Inuyashas plumbing was working correctly, why wouldn’t he and Kagome be able to have children? Intrigued by the conversation, Sei pressed his ear against the door so hard that he clearly heard Jessy ask, “Does my cousin know that he is going to be a father?” Confused by what was just asked, Seiyas mind began reeling with possibilities. He knew that he and Sesshomaru weren’t adopting a child, the reasons were because Sesshomaru had no proof of his existence in that time as well as no income, along with the fact that they were gay kind of counting against them, Seiyas mind began to reel with possibilities.

He thought to himself, Maybe he saw a picture of Rin and thought we were adopting her. Or maybe he found some hidden adoption forms or something? Maybe Sessh was joining some sort of mentor program. Then out of nowhere he remembered hearing something along the lines of, “The demon ability to conceive has gone dormant in him” It’d seemed weird that Inuyasha wouldn’t be able to have children with Kagome since Kagome would be the one bearing the kids.

Then it hit him, men couldn’t conceive, it was against the laws of nature as far as Sei knew. But demons weren’t human, they were demons, a completely separate life form which meant that if Inuyasha was with Kagome the race would continue because there was a female, but if Sesshomaru was with Seiya, then in terms of humanity children couldn’t be brought into the world unless they found a woman to bear a child for them. Yet, Sesshomaru was demon which meant that the ability that had gone dormant in Inuyasha was now active in Sesshomaru.

Feeling like he’d been shot in the head, Seis balance left him so quickly that he’d slammed his knee against the door frame on his way down to the ground. Hissing at the pain, Seiyas hand subconsciously clutched his knee while he stared blankly at the ground. His attention gone, the human didn’t even notice his mate and cousin standing in the door way looking down at him.

Getting to his knees, Jessy grabbed his cousins shoulders, shook him lightly, and asked, “Sei, how long have you been out here?” Not hearing the words Seiyas mind started an attempt to understand the new information he’d just received. And that information was at that very moment, Sesshomaru had a child growing inside him. Rocking back and forth Seiya began to mutter under his breath in such a low tone that Sesshomaru couldn’t even hear it.

Pushing the priest away, Sesshomaru put his hands on his mates cheek, lifted the humans face so that their eyes met, and asked, “Seiya, how much of our conversation did you hear?” Looking into his mates amber orbs, Sei fixed a small smile to his face as he said, “I thought I heard him say something along the lines of me being a dad soon, but that’s impossible right?” Keeping his gaze set, Sesshomaru rubbed his mates cheeks while saying, “You heard him correctly, koi. Both of us will soon be fathers.” Feeling his face drop, Seiya felt like he’d once again been shot in the head.

After he’d come to his conclusion, Sei hoped that it all would have been just some weird dream and that he’d wake up next to Sesshomarus warm body. Yet the gods sense of humor normally ends in the suffering of those they created. Breathing heavily, Sei looked between his mate and cousin, voicelessly pleading for them to admit that it was some sort of sick joke. Feeling on the verge of collapse, Sei got up and stumbled down the steps into the kitchen to splash some cold water on his face.

Following suit, Jessy and Sesshomaru saw him leaning with his back against the cupboard, while Inuyasha and Kagome walked up behind them wondering what was going on with the man. Thinking it over, Sei felt an anger he’d never felt before. It wasn’t violent, or vengeful, he didn’t know what word he could use to describe it. All he knew was that he was angry at his mate for keeping such a secret hidden from him for the past year.

Yet, he didn’t burst out in a fit of anger, in fact he started to laugh. He laughed so loud and hard that even Sesshomaru was worried about what his mate would do. Ending his laughter with a fit of coughs, Seiya go to his feet, looked at his mate and said, “So when exactly were you planning on telling me this, hmm? Next month, two months from now, or when you started to show?” Standing his ground Sesshomaru glared at his mate as he said, “I was actually planning on telling you tonight, which is why I was hoping we wouldn’t be disturbed.”

Scoffing Seiya stepped a few feet closer to his mate, and in a low voice said, “Why the hell did you keep this from me? My whole life I’ve felt horrible for not being able to experience something like this, yet the one person who I’ve chosen to spend the next few millennia with can’t even trust me enough to tell me we’re going to have a child?!” Inuyasha and Kagomes breath caught in their throats as Seiya let loose this information. About to say something, Kagome felt Inuyashas hand on her shoulder. Looking up at him he shook his head as if to say, “Don’t say anything right now.”

Growling deeply, Sesshomaru locked eyes with his mate as he said, “I don’t see what the problem is. You hid the fact that you preferred men over women from you own father for nearly a decade.” Keeping his anger in check, the human let out a slight smirk as he said, “There is a massive difference in the secrets we kept, Sessh.” Blinking slowly, Sesshomaru shifted his stance while saying, “Really? I fail to see the difference, Seiya. You say I didn’t trust you enough to tell you it is possible for male demons to conceive children, and in retrospect you didn’t even trust your own father enough to tell him about your preferred life style.”

Chuckling, Seiya shook his head as he said, “You just explained the difference Sessh.” Wondering what was so funny Sesshomaru asked in a hiss, “Well then explain it to me.” Regaining his composure, Seiya scratched his chin a before giving his explanation. “It’s rather easy to see if you look at the way you just described our secret keeping. The secret I kept only dealt with the fact that I preferred the life long companionship of men over that of women. But you on the other hand decided to hide the fact that we brought a life into this world.”

Not saying anything, Sesshomaru and the group watched as Seiya shouted, “You knew that you could bear children! You knew since the day we started courting that at one point we would probably want children and we could have our own! But you kept it from me! Your mate! The one you’ve marked as your equal and partner! You say that the secrets we kept are the same but they aren’t, Sesshomaru! You’re a demon lord, you have enemies! What if we went back and you we got attacked, huh?! You may be powerful but you’re not invincible! What would happen if the enemy was smart enough to set up some people to attack you from behind and you got stabbed right through the stomach? Or worse what if Jessy had been ablet to shoot you in the fight?”

Sesshomaru felt sick to his stomach, he hadn’t thought of that, all he had thought of was revealing the secret to Seiya about the child, but he’d been so caught up in what would happen after telling that he’d never even considered their childs safety. Looking up Sessh could see the tears that had formed in his mates eyes, he was about to say something when Seiya sobbed out, “We would have lost a child that I didn’t even know existed because you were too afraid to tell me before hand, and what's worse you might not have ever told me about it! Had you told me I would have used protection to keep it from happening until we were sure we wanted this. That night when I asked you what you thought about us adopting, you stayed silent, leading me to believe that you couldn’t stand the thought of raising a child with me. Do you know what that did to me?”

Not sure of what to say, Sesshomaru said nothing as he dropped his head out of guilt while his hand unconsciously rubbed his abdomen. Wiping the tears from his eyes, Seiya said nothing as he stormed walked from the house without a word. Pushing past the demon, Kagome started to run after Seiya when Sesshomaru muttered, “Let him go.” Turning around in shock, Kagome was about to shout something at the demon, but she was cut off by the sound of his car speeding away and the demon saying, “He needs time to think. I’ve done something terrible to him and I deserved every ounce of hate and disgust that was pouring out of his mouth.”

Unsure of what to do, Inuyasha gingerly clasped his brothers shoulder. Chuckling, Sesshomaru said, “Don’t worry about comforting me, brother. I know you’re probably even more disgusted with me than, my own mate. I put my own fears and feelings over those of my mates, but the worst sin I’ve committed is that I didn’t even love my child enough to tell Seiya that I wanted to raise a family with him. I never even thought of my enemies and the danger they pose to me, especially in this state. He’s unprepared to deal with something like this. I should have told him so we could take the necessary precautions until we were both sure that we wanted this.”

Inuyasha could smell tears on his brothers face, looking at Jessy he said, “Did you know, Seiya would listen in on you?” Shaking his head, Jessy looked at the hanyou as he said, “No, I didn’t. When he was told to leave the room as a kid he stayed away from the room until he was allowed back in. I knew he was pissed about not being let into the conversation, but I thought it’d be best if I told Sesshomaru about his condition so he could tell Seiya as soon as possible. I didn’t mean for him to find out this way or make him feel like I betrayed his trust. But now that i think about it, it was rather stupid of me to attack before i got the whole situation. I didn't even check my cross until after the fight. Just don't ask me how it's able to sense multiple demons it takes to long to explain.”

Ignoring the words of her friend, Kagome took a few steps forward to find an extremely disturbing sight appear on Sesshomarus face. It was one of complete loneliness and despair, he looked like he was about to die if Seiya didn’t come back. Watching the mikos hand, Sesshomaru expected her to comfort him, but all he received was a sharp slap to the face. Stunned at what had just happened Inuyasha and Jessy hid behind the fridge as they watched Kagome glower at the demon while saying, “You truly are a bastard for doing that to him.”

Keeping still, Sesshomaru stared at the miko in silence. Dropping her hand, Kagome sighed before saying, “Yet, I know you had the best intentions behind hiding it from him.” Rubbing his cheek, Sesshomaru said, “I never knew that one day I’d actually feel emotions, and be worried about what a human thought of me.” Giggling, Kagome said, “You’re in love with him and want to keep him, it’s only natural you start to feel the things you have been.”

Nodding Sesshomaru walked past the girl to the door and asked, “Where is the most likely place he’d be heading?” Looking at Jessy, Kagome asked, “Do you have any idea where he would head at times like this?” Shaking his head, Jessy said, “No, the only places I know of would be your house and Uncle Roberts, but Uncles out of town right now and Michelle is visiting some friends in Okinawa. And I know he won’t go to your house because I don’t know what would happen if he spewed that out to your mother. Other than that I don’t know where he’d go unless he liked to drink a lot when he got depressed.”

Letting out a loud howl of frustration, Kagome cursed her friend for not being a drunken idiot when he was sad or depressed. Looking to Sesshomaru, Kagome said, “I’ll go look for him tonight and call you if there’s any sign of him.” Shutting the door Sesshomaru sat at the table and said, “You would have better luck than me. I know this place fairly well, but with him in the car neither me nor Inuyasha would be able to pick up his scent.” Growling, Inuyasha said, “Don’t lump me in with you. I know this city better than most people. I’ll find him by tomorrow morning and lead you to him once I learn where he’s staying.”

Sesshomaru shook his head as he said, “Don’t take me to him immediately. Give him a couple of days to think things through. This Sesshomaru knows that if I were to go after him so quickly he’d probably fight my attempts to apologize. It is best to let him calm himself before approaching him. I doubt even your woman could get him to listen to me.” Huffing loudly, Inuyasha headed out the door and in a loud whoosh he took the roof in search of the missing human. Placing her hand on the demons, Kagome gave it a slight squeeze before heading out to her car in order to start a ground search.

When they were gone, Jessy sat across from his cousins mate before saying, “I apologize if I caused any problems. It wasn’t my intention for all of this to happen.” Waving the apology away, Sesshomaru looked to at the priest and said, “Do not worry about it. You did not expect him to listen and your intentions were pure. However, I am worried about what he may do. And so that you know I required no assistance from you to tell me I am with child.”

Chuckling, Jessy stood up from the table as he said, “Okay, then. But just so you don't think I'm a prick, I’d love to search for him, but I got an assignment to deal with. Some diplomatic bullshit that needs to be dealt with soon. While I’m out though I’ll have some contacts search for him.” Grunting a small thanks, Sesshomaru watched as the priest left the house dragging the largest of his bags behind him. When all was silent, Sesshomaru remained at the kitchen table as he thought, Come back to me, Seiya. I know you are digusted with me, but I know that you will come back once you’ve calmed down. Although I cannot help but pray that you don’t do anything foolish.
Converting /tmp/phpz8qzxN to /dev/stdout