InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heart Healed Over ❯ Back at One ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Ohayo butt pipes....just kidding you all know I love each and everyone of my readers! >:D< there ya go a hug as thanks for all your support these past few months. But just so we can clarify one thing, sesshomarus little outburst last chapter was more out of real fear than out of hormonal shifts. He will have a few but they will not be overtly dramatic. Oh and in about 3 chapters something important will happen although I need to figure out if it should take place in the US or up north....oh well later.

Chapter 30

“Seiya, you need to wake up now.” Shifting angrily in his sleep, Seiya said, “I’m not getting up and you can’t make me move.” Feeling a sharp flick on his nose, Seiya jerked out of his doze as he rubbed his eyes asking, “What in gods name did you do that for?!” Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Seiya found himself sitting on the grass covered ground while Rin and Jaken fanned the flames that were currently cooking a good dozen fish on sticks. Wiping some drool from his mouth, Seiya looked to see Sesshomaru watching him curiously.

Smacking his face a couple of times, Seiya stretched his legs before saying, “That had to be one of the most unusual dreams I’ve ever had in my whole life.” Rubbing a crick from his neck, Seiya was about to pop it when he felt one of Sesshomarus clawed hands gently rub the annoyance in his mates neck. On the verge of tears from his mate rubbing the knot, Seiya put his hand over his mates before saying, “Don’t worry about it for now. I just want to know if my hand drifted again.” Moving forward a little Sesshomaru planted a small kiss to his mates neck without saying a word.

Hearing a slight scoff coming from Jaken, the demon let out a low growl before saying, “Yes your hand drifted again.” Grunting, Seiya couldn’t believe that he did it again. Ever since the night after his ‘adventure in drinking’ Seiyas hand always seemed to find it’s way to Sesshomarus stomach. He couldn’t help it, ever since he and Sesshomaru had made up he went out of his way to make sure that nothing happened to his mate or their child. Occasionally, Sesshomaru would snap at him, but Seiya just went about helping despite the demons occasional protests.

Although lately, they’d spent a lot of time at the castle with guards and servants to help with anything that they may need done for them. Feeling a nudge against his cheek, Seiya saw Sesshomaru looking at him with a look of questioning. Mouthing the word, “What,” Seiya was surprised to hear Sesshomaru ask, “You said you had an interesting dream and I was trying to inquire as to what it was about.” Taking a fish from Rin, Seiya smiled at her as thanks before taking a big bite out of it.

Giving a bite to Sesshomaru, Seiya said, “I had a dream that pretty much took me from the day I fell through the well to the night after you uhh found me naked in bed with lipstick on my chest.” Taking the rest of his mates fish, Sesshomaru gulfed it down before heavily whispering, “I seem to remember the morning after that to be a most satisfying time.” About to go for a bite of fish, Seiya was a bit miffed to see that the demon had taken all of the trout as his own. Glaring at the demon, Seiya grabbed another fish from the fire before taking three huge bites of his own.

Swallowing the fish, Seiya said, “Thanks you two for fetching dinner.” Giving her fathers a huge smile as consolation to saying your welcome due to the fish in her mouth, Rin tossed a couple of fish over to Ah-Un before going back to her own. Jakken just stopped eating at the shock of being thanked, and went back to eating his fish while Seiya said in a low voice, “When is this wedding again, today or tomorrow?”

Shifting a bit, Sesshomaru rubbed his shoulder before saying, “It’s tomorrow afternoon on the other side of the well.” Taking a swig of some of the soda he’d brought with him the week before, Seiya let out a small belch in order to get a giggle out of Rin. Smiling at her, he put the soda back into his bag before getting to his feet and walking around a bit. Walking towards the woods, Seiya could hear the light footsteps of his mate behind him and once he got to the dragon he heard Sesshomaru ask, “What is wrong?”

Leaning up against a tree, Seiya asked, “Do you think we should tell Rin and Jaken about the baby?” Staring at his mate, Sesshomaru began to ponder whether or not the two of them should discuss their child with Rin and the toad about there child. He was already two months along and in just a few short weeks his scent would give be a dead give away to anybody with a strong nose of his condition. He was certain that Jaken knew of the child, the demon may have been foolish but he wasn’t a complete moron, and Ah-Un was never far behind the demon lord when they travelled either.

He and Seiya both knew that they couldn’t just hide him away from everybody, not with his father being around, along with Jessy, Inuyasha and Kagome knowing and possibly stopping by the house or castle everywhere they went. And knowing the hanyou he’d opened his mouth to the monk, Taijiya, and Shippou as well. They also couldn’t go travelling all the time because despite Sesshomarus enormous fortune making lack of funds impossible for them in the past, and Seiyas knowledge of diversifying them into bank accounts, the human still wanted to finish school and get his degrees and to do that he needed to attend and make up the three months he’d missed in chemistry, along with his finals in all the other classes he’d fallen behind in.

Reaching a conclusion in about two seconds, Sesshomaru took his mates face in his hands, stared into the boys eyes and said, “We’ll tell them right now. We don’t have to worry about Jaken because the toad knows better than to say anything about my private matters, along with him not being able to go through the well. But, we must take caution with Rin since she may let it slip to the wrong people.” Knowing that it was a slight risk to let the information out, both of them knew that it was better than hiding it from everybody, even if it came as a bit of a shock to Michelle, Asami, Souta, and Grandpa.

Kissing his mates hand Seiya asked, “Well shall we do it this minute, or wait a few hours until we’re in the village?” Planting one of his hands against the tree, Sesshomaru traced his mates face with his finger as he said, “We’ll tell them now.” A bit surprised at his mates resolve, Seiya was even more surprised when Sesshomaru pulled him away from the tree, and towards the fire where Rin and Jaken were busy putting out the flames with the help of the dragons claws. Seiya was a bit embarrassed about telling them that his husband was pregnant, but Sesshomaru let out a low cough that instantly brought the threes task to a halt.

Letting go of his mates hand, Sesshomaru stood in his regal way as he said, “Rin, Jaken, I need you both to remain silent as I divulge this information to you. But, first I need you both to swear on your lives that you will not let this secret out to anybody who you do not know, or feel afraid of, do you understand?” The toad and teenager both nodded obediently, as well as silently at the demon lords terms of agreement. Looking over his shoulder, Sesshomaru could see Seiya grinning nervously at the situation. To spare his mate anymore discomfort, Sesshomaru let out a deep breath before saying, “Jaken, Rin, in about nine months there will be a new addition in our household.”

Rin didn’t catch onto what her father was saying, but Jakens face fell in terror as he said, “My lord, you mean to say that you are carrying the child of this human?! But, what about you keeping of your Inu-youkai blood pure?” Snatching the throat of his vassal, Sesshomaru growled, “Apologize to my mate, toad!” Gasping hoarsely, Jakens eyes turned towards Seiyas face as he stutterd out, “Fffforgive me.”

Not saying anything, Seiya placed his hand on Sesshomarus shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. Relaxing his grip, Sesshomaru let the toad fall from his hand. Once the sound of the toads body slamming against the ground reached his ears, Sesshomaru hissed, “My mates blood is worth more than most demonic nobles. You are to serve him and our child with the same respect and courtesy as you give me and Rin, is that understood?” Wheezing loudly, the toad crawled towards Seiya and began blubbering for his mercy.

Getting to his knees, Seiya patted the toads head as he said, “Don’t worry about it Jaken.” Looking up the toad was surprised to see Seiya smiling down at him. Wiping the tears from his eyes, Jaken got to his feet and said, “Thank you for your mercy.” before heading off to get Ah-Un ready for the remainder of their journey.
Confused by what she had just heard, Rin walked up to her father asking coyly, “What did Jaken mean by you carrying Papas baby?” Placing a claw on his daughters head, Sesshomaru said, “Demon males are able to conceive children if there are no females around out of necessity of survival. Had I found a female mate, this ability would have laid dormant for the rest of my life. But since I’m with your papa, it has surfaced and you will have a younger brother or sister soon.”

Poking her fathers stomach lightly, Rin held a face of disbelief as she asked, “Is there really a baby growing in there?” Smiling a slightly, Sesshomaru said, “Yes there is a child inside me. Your teacher confirmed it that day I visited you during your lessons.” Remembering that day, Rins face widened with shock at the realization of why she was kicked out of the house to fetch plants when she knew her teacher had more than enough in the hut to make the poison.

Hugging her father, Rin walked over to Seiya, hugged him tightly and asked, “Did you know Father was able to do this?” Gasping a bit for breath, Seiya said, “No, I didn’t know about it until he came through the well a couple of days after he learned about it. We got into a big fight about I though.” Stepping away from Seiya, Rin looked at the two of them asking, “You aren’t going to leave me alone are you?” Laughing, Seiya hugged Rin tightly saying, “No we’re not going to leave you or the baby alone. I just got upset about him not telling me that he’s able to bear kids, but we’re over that now.” Looking up at his mate, Seiya smiled sadly about what he’d put Sesshomaru through.

Letting go of Rin, Seiya headed back towards Sesshomaru and began the journey once again. There was no reason for them to hurry, even on foot it would only take another three hours to get to the well sight, but now that he and Sesshomaru had gotten the news of the pregnancy off their chest, they didn’t seem to feel the need to stay separate from each other with Jaken around. In fact it was Sesshomaru who pulled his mate into a deep kiss a few minutes after they resumed the journey. Jaken wasn’t really paying attention, but a small giggle from Rin made Seiya blush slightly at his mates forceful attitude.

Grunting a bit from his legs strain, Seiya was stopped for a moment by Sesshomaru asking, “If you need to ride Ah-Un go ahead.” Shaking his head, Seiya rubbed his thigh for a moment. Shifting it a little, he felt it a small pop and instant relief flooding down his leg. Getting back to his full height, Seiya smiled broadly saying, “That’s better, probably just some slight aggrivation due to me falling asleep on the ground.” Keeping quiet, Sesshomaru kept a close eye on Seiya throughout the remainder of the journey.

It was past nightfall by the time they came to the entrance of the village. Heading through the village they found that they were the topic of discussion, due to the fact that almost all the children came to the doors to say hello to Seiya and Rin. Waving to some of them, Seiya was shocked to see most of the parents grinning at him happily and waving themselves, before bowing at the sight of Sesshomaru. Making their way to Kaede’s hut, Seiya tethered Ah-Un to the stable post while Rin rushed in to greet the old woman. Following closely, Sesshomaru and Jaken entered the hut, while Seiya remained outside for a few moments to survey the land.

He loved this time, it was quiet and peaceful for the most part, and most importantly, soothing. He loved sitting on the roof of the castle staring out at the forest each night, he adored the village that laid in the shadow of the castle. It felt like he could live there forever, but he knew he couldn’t stay in this time. The world would change into what he’d grown up with, and no matter how much he loved the past where he’d found Sesshomaru, the future was his home. There his friends and family were and he couldn’t bear to be separated from them.

About to enter the hut, Seiya felt Sesshomarus hand sneak its way around his stomach while the demon licked his neck as he said, “Jaken is going to stay here until we get back.” Noticing that his mate wasn’t saying anything, Sesshomaru asked, “Is everything all right, koi?” Stirring from his thoughts, Seiya pulled away from Sesshomaru and headed down the stairs leading to the old womans house.

Confused, Sesshomaru followed his mate asking, “I thought we decided on no more secrets?” Chuckling, Seiya said, “I’m not keeping any secrets. I’m just wondering what we’re going to do once the baby is born. I mean we can’t spend all our time in the future because of your responsibilities here, and we can’t keep spending all our time here because of all the things I have to take care of in my time. So what’s the best solution to our problem?” Hugging his mate, Sesshomaru kissed his loves cheek before giving out a small laugh.

Slanting his eyes, Seiya asked, “What’s so funny?” Stopping his laugh, Sesshomaru turned his mate around, stared into his eyes, and said, “You asked a question to which I’ve already come up with an answer for.” Pressing his head against Sesshomarus, Seiya continued to stare into his mates eyes as he asked, “Really?” Nodding, Sesshomaru said in a quiet voice, “We’ll spend a majority of our days in the future, and when I feel the need, I shall come through the well to take care of any problems that may reach my ears.”

Pulling back a little, Seiya asked, “Are you sure you want to do that?” Forcing his mate back in, Sesshomaru said, “I never do anything serious without weighing the consequences of my actions. Besides, with everything I’ve read it’s better for us to have our child be born in the future than in this time should anything go wrong.” Hugging his mate, Seiya was happy to hear that the demon was thinking of their childs future before it was even born. The only problem about them staying in the future was the fact that Sesshomaru and Rin didn’t have any identities in the future.

Deciding that it wasn’t of any concern at this time, Seiyas eyes turned upward to find Rin waving good bye to Kaede. Pulling away from his mate, Seiya asked, “You ready to go? And are there clothes for you two at Kagomes house?” Nodding, Rin gave Ah-Un a tight hug before running towards the path leading to the well.

Keeping a short distance behind her, the two men remained silent as they made their way to the old dried out well. Coming up to it, Seiya gave the okay for Rin to go through, and once she was gone, Sesshomaru followed her in his own flash of light. Sitting on the edge of the well, Seiya gave out a deep breath before gently sliding off the wood siding. Floating through a sea of blue, Seiya was surprised to feel his body drop into Sesshomarus outstretched arms. Rolling his eyes at the gesture, Seiya dropped from his mates arms before climbing up the ladder leading out the top of the well.

Once his mate was out, Sesshomaru shot out of the well and landed on the dusty floor that surrounded the well. He knew why Seiya was annoyed, they’d had a conversation about Sesshomaru carrying heavy things around his stomach the night before they left. Sesshomaru wanted to try a different position for the nights events, problem was Seiya was uke for the evening and he had a good forty pounds on the demon. They got into a small arguement about Seiya riding Sesshomaru while in his current condition. Finally after about ten minutes of trying to convince the boy to do it, Sesshomaru gave up and made the boy lie on his side.

Grinning to himself, the demon remembered how the boy had moaned loudly the whole night and complained the next morning about not being able to sit properly. Although that wasn’t the funniest part of the whole situation, the funny part was seeing Seiya try and walk out of a room. Despite the boys protests about being able to walk, Sesshomaru forced the boy to ride Ah-Un for the majority of the first days journey.

However, Sesshomaru and Seiya had to keep their activites on hold for the night since they were staying in Kagomes living room. They would have driven home, but since it the wedding was the next day the two had accepted Kagomes offer of spending the night so they wouldn’t have to worry about being late. Heading into the house, Sesshomaru saw that Rin had already headed into Kagomes room due to all the noise the girls were making. He could pick up the scents of his brothers companions all over the house. It was a bit of a mystery to all of them how the Miroku, Shippou, Sango, and the baby were able to pass through the well, but they thought it best not to strain their minds with figuring out time-space calculations.

Removing his shoes, Sesshomaru stepped into the living room to find Seiya laying down on a spare futon watching tv. Removing his armour, Sesshomaru placed it in a nearby trunk, before pulling out his night clothes and sitting down next to his mate. Glancing at the t.v. he could see that Seiya was watching one of his favorite shows. Although Sesshomaru was certain he could fallen in love with a female, he was slowly coming to the realization that he did in fact prefer males to women.

The show was pretty good, it’d even given the demon and boy some ideas on how to keep their night lives interesting, although bringing somebody else into the picture, even for one night seemed like they weren’t happy with one another. Putting his mates head on his lap, Sesshomaru asked, “So what do you think about doing that one night?” Punching the demons knee, Seiya chuckled as he said, “I gotta stop doing that cuz it hurts like hell.” Kissing his mates hand, Sesshomaru laughed to himself before placing it on his stomach.

Gently rubbing the soft flesh of his mates body, Seiya muttered something under his breath. Smirking at his mates muttering, Sesshomaru said in a low voice, “You know that I wouldn’t seriously suggest bringing somebody else into our bed. Whether it’s away from home or at home, that’s our territory and only you and our children are allowed to sleep in it.” Brushing his mates hair with his claw, Sesshomaru could feel Seiya jerking from keeping his laughter from bursting out of him.

Flicking his mates nose, Sesshomaru growled at the humans audacity to laugh at his sincerity. Keeping his outburst in check, Sei rubbed his nose as he said, “I’m sorry, but the way you worded it made it sound just a little bit gross suggesting that only you, me, and our children are allowed to sleep in our bed.” Grabbing a fistful of his mates hair, Sesshomaru growled, “You know that I wasn’t suggesting anything harmful towards our children.” Seiya did feel guilty for thinking such a perverted thing, but then again who wouldn’t laugh at the way his mate had worded it.

When the episode was over, Seiya clicked off the tv and pulled his mate onto the futon. They had forgotten to turn on the main light to the room, so whatever light they had dressed by came from the television. Closing his eyes, Seiya felt Sesshomaru curl up against him and throw an arm over his chest. When he was certain that the demon was asleep, Seiya stared at the ceiling amazed that the demon was holding him out of a need to feel protected instead of his usual attempts to keep Seiya protected as they slept.

Morning came almost a split second after Seiya closed his eyes. He wanted to stay in bed, but the sudden feeling of a wet tongue all over his face jerked him from his sleep. Sputtering, Seiya rolled off the futon rubbing slobber from his face. Brushing his hands against his eyes, Seiya couldn’t seem to get his eyes to focus on his assailant. When he could finally see, Seiya saw a panting, yapping Tater sitting on the ground staring at him.

Letting out a loud sigh of relief, Seiya patted his dogs head saying, “Thank god it’s only you boy.” Barking loudly, the Bulldog bounded into his owners lap out of a need to lick him. Pushing the dog down, Seiya asked, “Where’s dad at?” Growling a bit, Tater jumped off the humans lap and headed out the open kitchen door. Getting his shoes from the front door, Sei followed the dog outside to see, Sesshomaru holding Yari and talking to his father.

Walking up he patted his dad on the head and asked, “Are you sure you want him holding the baby?” Chuckling the older Mizutani said, “Your brother doesn’t seem to mind being held by him. Besides, who knew Sesshomaru was so good with kids.” Choking a bit of laughter back, Seiya took his brother from the demon and was glad to see the baby smile at both of them, or what he hoped was a smile.

Handing the child back to his mate, Seiya said, “Dad, do you think I can talk to you in the kitchen for a minute?” Seeing Michelle walking up to check on the child, Robert nodded following his son into the house. Sitting down at the table, Seiya watched as his father sat next to him before saying, “You knew about Sesshomarus ability to bear kids didn’t you?” Staring at his son for a moment, Robert let out a loud laugh, while Seiya chuckled lightly.

Patting his sons hand, Robert said in a happy tone, “Yes, I knew. You’re uncle told me one day after he’d seen it during a conference with those guys.” Amazed that his father knew about his uncles work, Seiya listened in silence as his dad said, “Your uncle has told me all about his work. I’m the only one in the family who knows about it save for you and Sesshomaru. As well as Kagome and Inuyasha, and Michelle of course . I wanted to tell you about it for so long but Sesshomaru made me swear I wouldn’t tell you. But, now that I see you have this knowledge I’m hoping you didn’t fly off the handle.”

Grinning stupidly, Seiya said, “I kinda did. I mean how often do you realize that a guy can actually get pregnant. We had a fight over it and I walked away with a bruised cheek and stiff jaw afterwards, but in the end I’ve gotten over it and turned into a doting dad to try and make up for it.” Gripping his sons hand, Robert said, “Don’t be too posessive, he’s still a demon after all and they can be worse than human women during times like this.”

Sitting back in his chair, Seiya said, “Actually he hasn’t really experienced anything that normally gets associated with pregnancy. Save for ummm a uhh over active imagination.” Getting the meaning behind his sons words, Robert got up from the table with a quick, “Well glad to see you’ve worked everything out.” before shutting the door behind him. Removing himself from his seat, Seiya went upstairs, showered, and changed into a nice set of clothes before heading outside to find everybody waiting for the bride to show up.

Inuyasha was pacing nervously between the front of the well house and the sacred tree. Sitting quietly next to Sesshomaru, Seiya was relieved to hear the kitchen door slide open and a traditional japanese wedding march ensue. Keeping his eyes forward, Seiya felt Sesshomarus hand squeeze his own once Kagome and Inuyasha kneeled before Kagomes grandfather. Once the two had taken a sip of sake and purified by the old man, the sealed their vows with their rings and a kiss. Standing to light applause, and a squeal from Yari, accompanied by loud barking by Tater. The newlyweds headed into the house to change while the others started the festivities.

Sitting on the porch, Seiya and Sesshomaru were enjoying each others company as they ate some food when out of no where, Shippou appeared in front of them in a kneeling posture with his head pressed to the ground. Setting his plate down, Sesshomaru placed his chin on his hands as he asked, “What do you want, kitsune?” Looking up, Shippou bore a look of complete terror on his face as he muttered something under his breath. “I can’t hear you fox. If you are to speak to me, speak clearly and with confidence.”

Gulping loudly, Shippou sat up asking strongly, “I was wondering if you’d allow me the honor to court Rin?!” Dropping his plate, Seiya looked at his mate only to find a small smirk on the demons face. Shippou was confused about the demons reaction and was about to ask when Sesshomaru said, “I’m going to have to deny your request, Shippou. Rin is too young to begin courting so you will just have to wait.”

Hanging his head, Shippou got to his feet and headed back to the girl and whispered something in her ear. Getting up, Rin stomped towards the back of her house in what appeared to be an extremely rage filled manner. Sighing loudly, the couple followed their daughters path around the house, finding her sitting on one of the steps to the back entrance of the house. Walking up to her, Sesshomaru said, “I know you are upset Rin but hear me out.”

Keeping her eyes on the ground, Rin said nothing in reply as Sesshomaru said, “I know you want to mate with the fox. But, the reason I have denied him is because you are too young to enter such a serious arrangement. You think it’s all romance and love, but remember what happened between me and your Papa. It’s dangerous for humans and demons to engage in such a dangerous task. You, Shippou, Inuyasha, Kagome, your Papa, and I know all to well about what can happen if a demon is against it.”

Rin jerked away as she felt Sesshomarus claw brush her scarred cheek. Keeping her still, Sesshomaru tilted her head up as he said, “You must also remember that if you mate with him too soon you will look like this for many years and will not be able to go anywhere that adults can go. Also what if you conceive a child, how do you explain to your friends that you are a mother and your child looks almost as old as you do?”

Biting her lip, Rin said, “Okay, I’ll wait until I’m old enough to look like an actual adult. How old should I be when Shippou courts me?” Getting to his knees, Seiya said, “Can you wait at least five years?” Pouting, Rin nodded saying, “Five years is good enough for me, as long as you keep your word about it being five years.” Kissing her forehead, Sesshomaru got to his feet as he headed back to the front of the house.

Hugging his daughter, Seiya followed Sesshomaru around front only to find, his dad handing Sesshomaru a small envelope. Walking next to his mate, Seiya saw that the envelope was addressed to him. Taking it from his mate without any warning, Seiya tore open the envelope to find a letter addressed to him from his grandfather.

He was amazed to find that his mothers father was asking him to spend a month with him at his house in Toronto. His grandfather assured him that only people there would be him, Jessy, Sakura, his uncle and aunt along with a few butlers, maids and landscaping people. He also extended an invitation to any friends he’d like to bring along with him since they’d be flying in on a family plane. Looking at his dad he asked, “If gramps wants me to show up with friends, how do I take Sessh and Rin as well as explain who they are?” Grinning, Robert pulled out two passports with Sesshomaru and Rins pictures inside.

Smirking at his sons look of confusion, Robert said, “I had some friends make up some information about them. All of it’s legitimate and should they look up these two in the computers they’ll just get a bunch of information about schools and the like. And how you go about explaining their meaning to you is your own business, but something tells me the old coot will figure it out.” Not sure of what to say, Seiya just took the passports and headed into the house to confirm that he’d be showing up in Toronto with two guests to stay at his grandfathers house.

Oh don’t worry I have plans for toronto. And those who know anything about Canada will be able to deduce what my plans are.
Converting /tmp/phpTNQ1PS to /dev/stdout