InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Heart Healed Over ❯ Halloween ( Chapter 48 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Just a reminder when Rin says Father, she means sesshomaru and when she says Papa she means seiya. When Khilu says daddy she means seiya and when she says Papa she means Sesshomaru. And the girls along with Sesshomaru speak English. Rin as well as sesshomaru, but not as well as Seiya, and Khilu is a jumbled mix of both languages. And I have a feeling I’ll be flamed massively soon and what’s with the lack of reviews? Torture a plenty this chapter.
Chapter 48
“Auntie Kagome, how come Daddy and Papa aren’t coming wiff us to see Auntie Sara?” The train rocked back and forth while the young girl sat in her Aunt’s lap. Today was the day of Khilu’s physical that she was normally taken to by Seiya and Sesshomaru, followed by a short lunch. Yet, because of his presence being required back through the well, Sesshomaru couldn’t take her, and Seiya was doing some secret project that he wouldn’t let anyone in on.
Hugging the girl close, the R.N. said quietly, “Both your dad’s are busy today. And beside, you have Rin to come along and pick up your costumes and help us figure out Papa’s while we’re waiting in the store.” Khilu bounced happily asking what her Papa would be wearing for her first time trick or treating. Asami was planning a party at the Higurashi Shrine, which for the first time ever wouldn’t be attended by her grandfather.
The old man had died a little over half a year earlier, and the mention of him still bothered many who knew him. It wasn’t a suspicious death, he’d simply gone to bed one night and hadn’t woken the next morning. His ashes had been spread around the shrine as he had requested. Some by the Sacred Tree, some by the well shrine, and others in his favorite spots on the grounds. Inuyasha even felt a little sad about the old man being gone. “I’m going to miss his attempted exorcisms.” was all he had to say at the funeral ceremony.
Sesshomaru said nothing as he hadn’t really had any contact with the old man in the half decade that they had known each other. In fact, the two never said more than a few words to each other upon realizing they were sharing the same room. The demon had thanked the priest for making effective sutras to protect his armor and for blessing their house before Seiya had moved them in. That was the extent of their relationship and it suited them.
Souta was holding up well, he’d gone into a slight depression for a month before going back to his old way of life. Asami hadn’t touched her father-in-law’s room and just kept herself busy. Over the past few months she’d become her old self again, but with only Buyo, who was now getting way too old to do much of anything, and a new dog and cat running around she was still lonely. So, Shippou had decided to move in with her and keep her company which helped a great deal. He cleaned, attempted cooking, and with him being around the well, along with RIn being a train ride away, the Kitsune was turning out better than expected.
Glancing over at her sister, Khilu asked, “Do you know what Papa is wearing?” Rin smiled broadly at the question. Nobody but her and Kagome knew what they had planned for Halloween. It was going to take careful planning to pull it off. Kagome already had a few of the items needed, and all Rin needed to do was get the clothes and one more bit of material and they’d be ready. If they got out alive and unscathed, which was highly unlikely, the family photo album would have one more embarrassing photo to get added in.
“Father’s costume is going to be really funny, Khilu. And also very easy to remember.” Rin smiled way too much while saying this. Kagome began to sweat profusely as Khilu drank from her sippy cup as she asked question on what the costume was in between gulps. Sipping at her own drink, Rin happily exclaimed, “Remember that movie we watched last night when Papa went to bed early?” Nodding happily, Khilu remembered how funny it was and how Daddy told her that it was something she’d never see very often, if not ever.
Putting her bottle away, the older girl whispered, “We’re going to dress Father up like one of the people in the movie. Remember the ones who were driving the big car?” Khilu’s eyes bulged and she started laughing uncontrollably. She thought her of her Papa asked her Auntie if she could help. Kagome began saying that she had nothing to do with it as Rin interrupted. “Auntie Kagome and I are the only ones who know about it and it’s a surprise. So you have to be quiet about it Khilu or else I will be in big trouble with Papa and Father.”
Khilu gripped her sister’s pinky as the train pulled into her stop. Grabbing her sisters hand, the hanyou child waited as Kagome pushed her stroller out and they made the short walk up the stairs onto the busy street. As they walked, Khilu remembered how big of a surprise her birthday party had been. She’d just turned three a few months ago and it had been fun save for the argument that had made her Papa leave for a few hours.
Since she could walk, Sesshomaru had been teaching her how to defend herself and turn into the dog form she’d escaped from Seiya with the week earlier. Seiya understood why she was being trained and even gotten some more advanced training when her lessons were done. She’d watched her dad’s use swords and although her Daddy lost each time, she liked it so much she’d asked her Papa if she could learn.
So, Sesshomaru had left for four days and on the day of her party presented her with a small sword for training made from his own fang. At her current size it may as well have been a full fledged katana, but when she got older it would be more like a kodachi. When, he said that he would teach her how to use it, Seiya took Sesshomaru upstairs and forgot to shut the door all the way so snippets of their argument drifted downstairs.
The shouting went on for nearly twenty minutes when Sesshomaru finally stormed downstairs and left with the blade, returning later that night saying it was in the care of Kaede who was training a replacement priestess with much more potent powers than her own. Khilu sniffled that it was her fault for asking and that she didn’t want either of her dad’s to leave and she wouldn’t ask for a sword again. Feeling bad for ruining the party, Seiya told her that she couldn’t use it until she was older because it was much too big and dangerous for her to use at that time. Sesshomaru scoffed and muttered something about being trained with a sword when he was her age and was rewarded with the couch rather than the bed.
But, Khilu was happy with her hand to hand training. Sesshomaru was tough on her, but she was never hurt to bad. The occasional bump and bruise appeared, but she always had a smile on her face for making the demon proud with her improvements. Smiling about her last training session, where she’d actually hurt Kiba a bit since he wanted to help, Khilu pointed exclaiming loudly, “There’s Auntie Sara in the window!”
As usual, Khilu’s demonic senses picked up something that took a bit longer for her human family and friends to find. Scanning the building, Rin found the woman as Khilu said, “Hope I no get a needle this time.” Khilu was tough in battle, and sensitive when people were emotional, but her own fear was in the form of a needle. It was like most irrational fears, she liked swords, wasn’t afraid of big animals, but try to stick her with a needle and she’d scurry up the walls.
Up in the office, Khilu sat playing on the floor as her sister and aunt discussed what they were doing for her Papa’s costume. She paid no attention as Rin pointed saying, “This is going to be longer and there’ll be an undershirt. Embarrassment is what we want to cause, as well as have a good time even if we end up with our heads sticking on some poles as an example of what happens when he gets crossed.”
Kagome giggled asking, “Do you think it should be like this and have him wear these or go with it normally and have him comfortable? I mean it’ll be bad enough with the costume as it is, but those shoes on his feet will be killer if he’s not used to them.” The girls discussed possible alternatives for a few moments when a nurse called Kagome and Khilu into the exam room. Grabbing her nieces hand Kagome spoke softly. “Auntie Sara isn’t going to give you a shot but if she starts teasing you say you’ll tell Papa.”
Hopping up and down at the prospect of teasing her cousin slash aunt. Sitting on the edge of the exam table. Khilu began clapping as Sara jumped in rushing to hug her saying, “There’s my cut est patient.” Laughing as she was kissed, Khilu soon scooted out of the girls arms and climbed back up on to the table as Sara pulled up her chart. Making a few notes, Sara asked, “Have you been having anymore of those problems we talked to Daddy and Papa about?”
Shaking her head, Khilu exclaimed, “I get up and go potty all by myself at night now. And the first time I did it I rushed in shouting that I did it all on my own. Papa was mad that I’d woken them up and scoldeded me for waking them. So, one night I gots up and went pee and heard them awake, but got yelled at again for asking why Daddy was on Papa and having him make funny noises. Do you know what they were doing?”
Making a rather unprofessional mark on her niece’s chart, Sara hid her face as she laughed herself to tears. Kagome, who was holding back her own laughs said, “How about we have them explain that to you. Instead tell Sara what your costume is for Halloween. She already knows what Uncle and I are wearing but she doesn’t know what you, Shippou and Rin will be wearing.”
Breathing on her own as Sara checked her heart, Khilu remained quiet until she was done before shouting, “Shippou go as Popeye, Rin is Ollie Oil and I’m the baby in the cartoon!” Sara smiled and checked her blood pressure saying that she was going to make the cutest Sweet Pea ever and asked what her dads would be wearing. Scratching her chin the child said, “Daddy going as a movie character and Papa too. He’s dressing up like a person in this movie we saw a few nights ago. But I dunno how he gonna get dressed.”
Sara was unsure of what to make of the childs explanation when Kagome held up a picture. Sara excused herself and burst into a fit of laughter that scared most of the patients and staff. After a few minutes, Sara said that they could go and told them she’d see them in a couple of days for the party. Outside the office, Kagome asked for a list saying happily, “So the pants need to be longer and an actual undershirt is required. Do you have the stuff to add inside the costume?” Rin held up a couple bits of paper saying that they were tested and work.
Nodding, Kagome reached into her purse and pulled out her own device. “Just completed it last night. Hopefully we can fit into the full attire. If we can, it’ll be fun to see what happens.” Putting it back into her bag, Kagome stepped into their destination and asked Rin to take Khilu somewhere to look at candy or something to scare Seiya with. Once gone, she approached the counter saying, “Hi, I called asking for a couple of things and the person I spoke with said that they’d be in today. It’s under the name Taisho.”
Excusing himself, the clerk disappeared into the back and came out with a few items and pulled them out saying what they were. “Okay we have jeans and a jean jacket. A wig and a few accessories are these measurements correct?” Kagome checked them over saying that it was all in order. Ringing them up the clerk said, “That will be 8648.25 yen Mrs. Taisho.” Handing over the bills, Kagome asked how he knew who she was and said, “I was the guy who took the order and you actually said, Mrs. Kagome Taisho.” Taking her change with a smile, Kagome grabbed her bags and led the kids back out into the busy street.
Once back into the house, Khilu rushed into her father’s small study area saying, “Daddy? How much longer until I get ta twick or tweat?” Putting her on his lap, Seiya kissed her and asked if she was good while they were out. “Yes, I was good. Auntie Sara didn’t give me a shot and we picked up stuff for Papa’s costume. But, I wanna go twick or tweat.”
Setting her down, Seiya walked out with her on his heels. After saying goodbye to Kagome, the young man settled on the couch saying, “You get to go in a couple of days sweetie. Papa and I are going to Grandma’s for a party and you have to behave for Shippou and Rin while we’re out. And no one is allowed over.” He looked over at Rin with a suspicious look as he said, “Along with Shippou not being allowed in the house after you’re done or else there’ll be hell to pay.”
Sticking her tongue out, Rin took the bag Kagome had left and headed into her room and locked the door. Pulling out some scissors she cut them to a respectable length and cut them open before placing a bit of paper into each leg. Smiling she said, “He won’t be able to take it off. I’ve got to be sure and thank Miroku for making these Sutra’s next time I see him.” Sewing up the cuts, Rin then went to work on shortening the jacket and when it was within specifications she smiled happily at who they were going to dress Sesshomaru as, and how he was going to look at the party. Now if only they could figure out how to get him into it.
Meanwhile on the other side of town, Miroku let out a loud sneeze getting the attention of his companions. Handing the monk a handkerchief, Souta remarked, “Dude, go and get sick somewhere else. It’s bad enough I have to deal with a head cold before exams and a party to go along with it.” Blowing his nose, the monk pocketed the cloth saying he’d clean it when he got home. Souta shook his head saying loudly, “Keep the snot covered thing. I got a million more somewhere in my apartment.”
Scoffing, Inuyasha opened the door to a store and headed up to the counter saying, “I’ve come in to pick up a couple of costumes. Name’s Inuyasha and Kagome Taisho.” The clerk left the quartet saying that it’d be a few moments. “Monk, keep an eye on that brat or else I’m leaving you alone to deal with the people running this joint.” Grabbing Hiroshi, Miroku scolded the child while Inuyasha sniffed out the clerk saying, “I can’t believe I have to dress up in this thing. That woman better reward me later on for this.”
Snatching his sister’s costume, Souta smugly said, “Oh come on, remember it won’t be as bad as what my sister has planned for your brother. I don’t know much, but I think you learning how to use this may be in order, just as an insurance policy.” Souta held up his new digital camera proudly. Inuyasha loved cameras since they did in fact let you gain material worthy of blackmail if you got the right picture. And since his big brother decided to fight going to the party, they’d decided to let the women handle his costume forcing him to go using extreme measures. Miroku had made up sutras meant to keep the costume on while Kagome was going to use any sharp object as a purification threat. Mix that together and the demon would be in their hands, granted he’d more than likely kill them and jump out the window, thus killing Kagome and Inuyasha in the process and leaving Khilu without a big sister.
Knowing Sesshomaru’s lack of fear he’d probably force Kagome’s hand to purify him allowing him to keep his pride, but then again leaving Khilu and Rin parentless along with killing Seiya. And if they bet it correctly, he’d go for the one that ensured his and his mate’s survival. But, in the past five years, he had changed dramatically. Sure he was still an emotionless, self-absorbed bastard that was rarely nice to anyone outside of his home. Yet, he did show some amount of tolerance and a sense of humor, mainly at the expense of others.
Stopping, Sesshomaru sniffed around catching the one scent he hated more than most. Turning his head, the hanyou smacked Hiroshi in the face with his hair making the boy cry out, “Father, tell Uncle Inuyasha to cut his hair or I’m going to purify him!” Sneering at the brat’s audacity, Inuyasha jumped over people to catch up with his prey as MIroku and Souta rushed against the flow of human bodies easily keeping track of their pouncing companion.
After over twenty minutes of painstaking work, the thee humans panted as they saw Inuyasha glaring in the window of a restaurant. Stepping up, Hiroshi pulled on his godfather’s sleeve asking curiously, “What’s got you mad Uncle?” Lifting the child, Inuyasha showed him the figure of his brother sitting at a table sipping a cup of tea in the corner of the establishment. Pointing into the small place, Hiroshi said, “Papa it’s Uncle Sessho!”
Souta rushed up to the window staring in disbelief at the calmness of his brother-in-law. Making a face at his own expense against the glass, Souta inadvertently caught the demon’s attention stepping back in surprise at the glare only to return one of similar intensity. Seeing the demon put down a bill, Souta snorted saying, “I can’t believe he uses that like he earned it. Seiya’s the one who earned all the money himself. Lucky for him crude oil spiked in the stock market, along with bio-tec and computers.”
Straightening the sleeve of his jean jacket, Sesshomaru snorted saying, “Actually boy, I’m the one who gave Seiya the gems in order for him to make his fortune. So, in a sense I’m more or less responsible for the money he has by giving him the means to invest it.” Fastening his coat, the demon chuckled saying in a low voice, “But, with the help of his family, all of my own fortunes from the past have been moved into modern day banking accounts. We just choose not to flaunt it, lest we attract any more demonic enemies.” Staring coldly at the boy the demon hissed, “Would you like him to experience ‘that’ again?” Shaking his head Souta said he didn’t want to.
Turning on his heel, Sesshomaru started to walk away when his brother started walking next to him asking, “So, are you getting involved with this pathetic human holiday?” Surprised that his brother was attempting a conversation, Sesshomaru mentioned that he was going to stay at home due to Rin spending the night with Shippou. Chuckling, the hanyou muttered, “The fox won’t try anything. He’s too afraid of what would happen if he tried to do more than hold her hand.”
Sesshomaru stopped walking and with gritted teeth growled, “Mention anything beyond hand holding again half breed and your skin will be used as a chew toy for my dog.” Inuyasha scoffed mentioning Sesshomaru’s threat wasn’t that big since as a male demon he shouldn’t have a small little dog for a pet. Instead he said that for claiming that dog as his he deserved to be the woman in the relationship. Grabbing his brother’s collar Sesshomaru threw him into an alleyway and kicked him int the stomach growling, “At least I’m not dressing up as a dog for a human.”
Blocking the next kick, Inuyasha tripped his brother and got onto his feet as quickly Sesshomaru had regained his balance. Rushing forward with his claws slicing the through the air. Putting his own claws out, Sesshomaru caught his brothers hands and they were soon deadlocked in the alley pushing against each other trying to force one another into submission. The two planted their feet into the ground about to go for one last maneuver when a voice shouted, “Sit boy!”
Inuyasha’s face suddenly dropped and the ground cracked a bit as Kagome shouted, “What do you think you’re doing?” Getting up from the ground, Inuyasha shouted that he was in the middle of a fight with his brother. Snorting Kagome tapped her foot saying, “I heard a lot of what you two said to each other since I’d caught up with Souta and them. I’m more or less mad at the fact that you didn’t even notice I was following you!”
“Well I had a life or death situation on my hands you psycho! Ya can’t always expect me to notice you in the middle of a thousand people!” Hearing enough of the argument, Sesshomaru exited as the voice of his brother faded into the background. Readjusting his coat, he headed into another alley to take to the roofs and towards the house. He’d stopped by the shop to have a cup of tea before returning because he needed it.
Back in the past he had sat at his desk for most days without one minute of sleep or relaxation. Jaken had spent many days running messages back and forth between Sesshomaru and distant lords. Kiba was busy with keeping the palace secure and making sure his lord didn’t come to any harm as Shiba stuck to keeping house kept and Isayu on alert of what was occurring in the palace. Most days he’d had visitors that were the messengers of his allies. He’d treated them as according to their station with respect, food, and lodging for their visit and sent them away.
But today he’d had three actual lords in the room with him. The first was the Bear Lord simply named, Kuma. Using the actual word for what he was just made it easier on the humans who could not comprehend his true name. The next was a falcon demon under the name of Gale. She stood as tall as Sesshomaru with wings under her human arms and clawed feet. Her face was much like that of a falcon with a sharp hooked beak and all seeing eyes. Koura was the final demon lord who sat next to her comrade. She’d become a mother for the first time two months prior to the meeting and had her child in her arms.
After an hour of waiting, Kiba opened the door, bowed and said in a firm voice, “Kouga has finally arrived and hopes you accept his apology for his lack of punctuality.” The pup snickered as he dodged a kick and said, “Keep trying wolf and one day you’ll match my speed.” Kouga flipped off the little dog and sat down at the end of the table saying that a problem with a couple of Sesshomaru’s guards kept him from entering.
Pulling out some papers, Sesshomaru stated, “Excuses are of no importance. These however, “ he said pointing to each bit of paper in term, “will state who I am dividing my lands to in order of ideal environment for their tribes. As well as the level of trust in your skills to keep my lands under guard when I come back every two months so as to make sure the lot of you are treating the people under these lands with respect and courtesy. And by accepting these lands you shall also relinquish control for the few weeks I am here conducting my inspections and that when I choose to fully take over my lands you shall give them back to me.”
The table erupted in a rather loud exclamation at the dog lord’s stupidity for giving up his lands. Kuma was the first to say, “Lord Sesshomaru, we know that your journeys between the well have become difficult. Yet surely you can just bring your mate and family through the well and stay here to keep watch over them without having to give all your power up.”
Staring at the bear, the dog slowly said, “Kuma, I while you make a valid point, I must tell you this.” He coughed and took a sip of water before stating, “The well is a quick transfer from this era to five hundred years in the future. To deny my mate and children the right to see their family for five hundred years, along with my mate’s friends not being able to see each other is a grave injustice to any and all people involved.” Pulling a piece of parchment out Sesshomaru then said, “This hear states that until I return for my inspections and choose to take back my lands. Your tribe is responsible for this area of mountains and forest. There is plenty of vegetation and many rivers for them to feed from.”
The bear took the parchment and signed it reluctantly while Sesshomaru handed each in turn to one those at his table. Kouga smiled seeing that he’d gained power over the area surrounding Inuyasha’s territory. While it was under Inuyasha’s control, he’d still be an authority figure to the demon’s in the area and it was close to his own lands. The wolf signed it happily and slid it back across the table saying, “Glad to see you chose to give me that area. Although I wouldn’t mind living in the lap of luxury every now and then.”
Koura smiled as she handed her paper back in an attempt to hide what she had just gained, but Kouga wasn’t fooled as he said, “Just shut up and enjoy the area until he decides to take it back feline.” Koura flipped him off in retort making the wolf ready to attack when Gale asked what she was to do with the small patch of dead area that had appeared in her contract. Looking it over Kouga said, “That’s an abandoned area where goblins live. But see here,” Kouga pointed at the small edge that outlined the end of her territory, “This connects to my are so my men will be able to help if they get out of hand. Looks like Sesshomaru knew what he was doing when he gave us the area Gale.”
Staring intently at the contract, Gale handed it back with her mark saying, “My people will be glad to have more hunting grounds as our recent wars with some of the wyverns in the area have caused the animals to leave our area.” The falcon bowed deeply as she said, “I will honor my debt to you for as long as I may live. Should you need me just send word and I can be here in a days time.”
Sesshomaru put the contracts into a solid steel box and sent them away with Kiba saying, “I know where to put them boss and don’t worry I’ll use a seal to add some protection!” The sprite stuck his tongue out at Kouga and ran off before the wolf could stop him. After the sprite had left Sesshomaru thanked them and excused him for having to leave and head back through the well.
After that he’d made the trip and had just gotten back that morning in need of some quiet before seeing his husband and children again. Khilu had thrown a fit when he’d left since it was a time he’d go without her. It did her good though, Sesshomaru was a bit over protective of her and Seiya had insisted she stay with him for the next few weeks. Now back, he was detesting going to back home because he’d seen what Seiya was going as and what his daughter’s would be dressed as.
He’d watched the show and didn’t care. He’d made it clear that he wasn’t to participate and that would prove to be troublesome as he was sure someone was concocting a plan to get him involved. He was deaf to what had gone on the past few weeks and he needed to be on his guard. Inuyasha had tested that enough by showing him the costume he’d be wearing and with his mate dressing up like a human that in myths turned into bats was making him worried.
Dropping off the roof unconsciously, Sesshomaru put his key into the door and heard the sound of his dog barking at his return. Petting the female he gave her and Tater a treat as a voice said, “Well at least that rip is fixed. When did it happen Asami?” Sesshomaru sniffed and caught the scent of his mate, his brother’s mates mother, and his daughter in the bedroom. Heading up he saw Seiya standing in red velvet pants and a ruffled, white.-long sleeved shirt. The character he was dressing up as was named Lestat. He’d seen the movie with a supposed world famous human. He liked the killer instinct and lack of remorse in the character. It was necessary for him to do what he didto survive.
Keeping to the shadows, he heard Seiya ask where Khilu was going. The girl made a shushing noise and looked around before shouting, “PAPA’S BACK! I smelled him.” The child sniffed deeply before saying, “You’re smelly.” Sesshomaru picked her up and gave her a light kiss as she exclaimed, “Papa take bath with me?” Sesshomaru said he would later as he set her down and looked over his mate after greeting Asami.
“His shirt got torn by Buyo and I needed him to make sure the stitches were even after being done. I must say he does look handsome, just make sure you don’t do anything around the guests.” With that Asami packed up her things and kissed Seiya and Khilu goodbye and bowed herself out to Sesshomaru.
Once alone, Sesshomaru looked over the costume with a satisfied smile, “You do look exquisite I will grant you that. That woman is a bit of a genius.” Leaning up, Sesshomaru kissed his mate which forced their daughter to giggle loudly. Staring at her, Sesshomaru said, “Get ready for your bath and I will be in shortly. Hopping down, Khilu ran away to her room to get her bath things while Sesshomaru hugged his mate close. “It’s done now. My territory in the past is under the rule of those four we trust most and I shall make my visits to make sure that they’re keeping the land safe.”
Before Seiya could reply Khilu shouted for Sesshomaru and let him go and bathe her. The bath was uneventful save for Pup and Tater jumping and making a mess before Sesshomaru got out of the tub and dumped them soaking wet in the hallway leaving Seiya to clean the mess. After her bath, Khilu let Sesshomaru comb her hair out and tuck her into bed before heading into his room to sleep. When alone, Seiya fell on top the demon and began kissing and hugging him saying, “I’m glad you’re home. But, you’re going to that party.” With that comment made, Seiya was left on top of the covers as Sesshomaru fell asleep in a matter of moments.
Two days later, Sesshomaru was sitting at the kitchen table going reading a book when Seiya came in with his costume. By the amount of light and the direction of it, Sesshomaru could see that it was only three hours till the party. The human had promised to make the last minute preparations by picking up a few drinks and some food. Rin was upstairs getting dressed while colored something as she waited. Seiya kissed his daughter and told her to be good and to spy on Rin as he moved to Sesshomaru and got a kiss goodbye.
“I’ll see you when you get back from your useless celebrations.” Smacking his mate on the head, Seiya opened the door and gave a small scream of exclamation. Getting up, Sesshomaru could see Shippou standing in the doorway with a small box in his hands. Sneering, the demon lord pointed to the downstairs bathroom saying, “That is where you are to get ready.” Bowing shortly, Shippou set his box in the room as he said goodbye to Seiya. Back in the kitchen, Sesshomaru mentioned in a short manner, “You are to drop them off and leave once you’ve finished taking Khilu out.”
Picking the pup up, Shippou set her on his lap and colored saying happily, “Don’t worry I know the rules and if you ask anyone I haven’t tried anything.” Smiling up at the demon lord, Shippou snickered, “When I duel you to prove my worth, you’ll be surprised at what I’m capable of doing.” Khilu shifted uncomfortably at the feeling of violence. Blinking a few times, Shippou kissed her head and said, “How about you and I go and play outside so you don’t get scared.” Hopping down, Khilu grabbed her crayons and coloring book and followed the fox into the back yard.
A moment later, Rin came down in her black pants and red shirt with white, frilled wrist cuffs and neck. Her hair was up and was held together with a superfluous amount of gel that made Sesshomaru scrunch his nose. Giggling, Rin grabbed his cup and filled it with tea before adding in a couple of extra leaves without the demon noticing. It had no scent but it was extremely potent and once it was placed in front of him, Rin couldn’t help but snicker as her father became stiffer than a board in his chair.
As if on cue, Kagome snuck in saying, “Is it done?” Rin said that she had just given it to him and the waved their hands in front of him only making his eyes blink. Shaking with some excitement, Kagome grabbed the bottom of the chair and motioned Rin to do the same. It was difficult to keep the demon in the chair and after a few steps, Kagome said, “Just grab his legs and I’ll carry him by the back. It’s in your room right?”
Grunting up the steps, Rin, now dressed as Olive Oil breathlessly said, “Yeah, it’s on my bed and I hope you have that stinking thing. Does Uncle know how to use the camera?” Kagome lifted the paralyzed and growling demon up dragging him into the room exclaiming that he did. Rin sighed happily setting the demon in the chair, glad that she’d had the costume pulled out. Stepping to the bed, Rin handed Kagome the pants saying, “You put them on him.”
With some struggle, Kagome managed to get Sesshomaru out of his pants and was glad he had buttoned boxers. Putting the jean shorts on the demons slender legs, Kagome said, “This was a good idea. Let’s just hope it isn’t your last.” Sesshomaru couldn’t do anything because of the potion and except growl loudly as Kagome buttoned the jeans and zipped them up. Kagome shushed the demon saying, “I know you don’t like it. I don’t like anyone touching near there save for Inuyasha and this is a one time thing so calm down.”
Sesshomaru hissed as Rin stuck a white tee-shirt over his head and began combing his hair out while Kagome grabbed some stuff from the desk and began putting it on Sesshomaru. Once the hair was done, Rin slipped a short sleeve jean jacket that was cut to just under Sesshomaru’s pecs as Kagome said happily, “There we go. And only, an hour before the party!” Reaching into her purse, Kagome pulled out the final touch to the costume and put it on the demon. Stepping back the girls laughed loudly at the costume.
“He’s still got forty five minutes so if you want him to be able to move at the party get him out of here now and you should be able to get him in the house without any problems.” Rin handed Kagome an arrow saying, “He won’t put up any trouble with this in his back” Leaning in, Rin hugged her father saying, “I just want you to loosen up. Please don’t hurt us.” Sesshomaru growled softly that meant she would have to pay for this but she would be allowed to live. Getting Sesshomaru into the car, the girls fastened him in before Kagome drove off leaving Rin alone to let Shippou get ready and take Khilu out trick or treating.
At the steps to the Higurashi Shrine, Kagome held the arrow in her hand saying, “You know what happens when you touch this so I suggest you go quietly and hide out.” Stepping out, Sesshomaru walked up the stairs as he was told. As long as the arrow was in her hand he couldn’t touch he lest he be turned to dust. Her powers had grown exponentially over the years and she could easily slay demons as her former self once did.
It took him awhile, but Sesshomaru was able to make it into the house unnoticed. He immediately hid himself in a corner once his mate came into view. Ashamed at what he looked like, Sesshomaru hid as Jiro made himself known. “Well I was in town so why not visit the family. Such a shame my brother couldn’t make it. But, you and Seiya both look great.” Sesshomaru noticed Sara dressed as a witch accompanied by some guy.
Kagome was appeared ten minutes later dressed in overalls while Inuyasha grumbled at being dressed up as a dog. In fact he was a dog named Gromit and Kagome was dressed as his owner Wallace. Inuyasha had the whole brown outfit complete with ears and his nose painted black with a red collar on his neck. He could see the half breed holding a digital camera and being on the look out for what Sesshomaru knew to be his costume. He knew exactly what he was supposed to be, but the lord wouldn’t admit to it. His goal was to remain hidden for the remainder of the night and get out before anyone noticed him.
Seiya was the talk of the party, not so much for originality, but for the fact that he pulled off the costume very well. He had an entire 18th century outfit made of red velvet complete with shoes, stockings, and fangs in his mouth that looked like Sesshomaru’s. Sipping at a glass of wine, he played tricks on some of his friends and scared a couple of kids who were allowed to come since the parents couldn’t get babysitters.
Asami and Souta were there in costume as well. Asami was a zombie, while Souta chose for an Inuyasha costume. He actually looked good with the haori and wig. He’d tried to get Inuyasha’s Fire-rat cloth and sword, but the hanyou nearly started beating him because of the pestering. Souta’s girlfriend was dressed as a cop and Sara went as what she did for a living. Jiro decided to go as a leprechaun.
The rest of the guests were a mix of odd costumes. Some were creepy old men, a few dressed as geisha girls. There were also firemen, zombies, dinosaurs, and even clowns. Yet despite all of the fun he was having, Seiya wished Sesshomaru was there. He’d tried for weeks to get him to agree, but the demon wouldn’t have it saying that it was not only pointless, but a mockery for him to play into the human tradition of dressing up as ‘demons.’
Sipping at his wine, Seiya put the glass back as Kagome grabbed him by the arm. Trying to stop her from ripping the velvet again, Seiya asked, “What is it boy? Is Old Lady Tybalt trapped in a well. Ow! What the hell was that for?” Seiya looked at the spot that his best friend had just punched saying, “It was a joke so get over it woman. Now, what’s so important you had to drag me away from the party.”
“Simple, I can see you’re bummed out so why don’t you just look around and watch instead of depress yourself by trying to have a good time.” Seiya said that it was a stupid idea to watch and he’d rather join in and have a good time instead of mope all night. Beaming happily, Kagome said, “Good for you. I was hoping you’d say that! But, what do you think? Not a bad turn out, eh?”
Seiya sat against the wall and looked out at the party. The house was full and some people were even forced out onto the property. The radio pumped out music and laughter filled the air as kids played games and adults talked about what was going on in the world or about the party. Scratching his chin, Seiya said, “Yeah it’s great. I love the fact that you dressed up Inuyasha as a dog. What’d you have to promise him in order for him to do it?” Kagome said what she’d promised which made Seiya laugh out loud, “Who’d have thunk you’d dress up as a french maid.”
Kagome started hitting her friend with the broom she’d brought with her as part of the costume while the man let out grunts of fake pain at being hit. As he played with his friend, Seiya heard a voice say, “Come on you aren’t here with anyone so why don’t you just dance with me?” Seiya hated people forcing themselves on others. He’d experienced the worst kind of hat torture and began to head over when a flash came out of nowhere. He saw Inuyasha running away winking at the pair of them as the voice said, “Leave him alone and we can go out and...what the hell?”
The slurred voice started stammering, “You...you freak! What in the hell are you doing here?” Kagome knew what the guy was talking about and was going to tell Seiya to stay out of it when he rushed forward to help the person in trouble. The man was shouting and some people started to pull him away when for some odd reason a word came out of nowhere.
Noticing the guy was drunk, Seiya stepped forward without noticing the person who was being harassed and said, “Heel boy and just leave this person alone they aren’t hurting anyone.” After saying the sentence a loud crash echoed behind him. Stopping for a moment to get his bearings, he did a quick equation in his head trying to figure out what had just happened.
Okay, Inuyasha is over there with a camera and his command is “Sit!” Kagome is over there and nobody else around here is wearing a collar save for Asami, but it’s just a small bit of black cloth and Souta created his own talisman. So, that means there’s a demon wearing a submission talisman and a command like that means they have to be a dog demon and the only other dog demon is...
Turning around, Seiya saw a flash of silver hair dash out of the room and a pair of heels left on the floor. Rushing out, Seiya ran around and saw the hair enter the well shrine. The wind had picked up a bit and he got some dust in his eyes as he rushed to the shrine. Staring around the decrepit dwelling, Seiya saw a strand of hair hanging in the ceiling. “Come on I know you’re up there. Just please come down.” A slight rustle of clothing filled the room when Sesshomaru landed on the ground with a small puff of dust. The lights from the house illuminated the room and Seiya held back a laugh as he saw what his mate was wearing
The demon’s hair had a slight frizz to it and his face was covered in a light amount of make up. Seiya was wearing some to make his costume more life like, but this was overboard. He’d had Asami put it on and by the amounts on Sesshomaru’s and the style it was done in, he knew that Rin and Kagome had probably done it. Pulling out his handkerchief, Seiya tried to clean off the make up when Sesshomaru pushed him away saying, “I don’t need anymore shame brought to me. I was paralyzed by Rin, and held hostage by that priestess and I swear I will kill her when I get the chance for doing this to me!”
Seiya knew that Rin and Kagome had gone too far and he would probably risk losing Kagome the next day when he confronted her and Inuyasha, who by the way he ran of winking knew about the costume.
It was simple to figure out if you knew the movie that Sesshomaru was forced to portray a character from. He had on short cut off jean shorts, panty hose, and a cut off white tee that was accompanied by a jean jacket that were both cut to his pecs. Seiya had seen the movie enough to know that Sesshomaru was dressed as Chi Chi Rodriguez from the movie “Too Wong Foo.” The demon couldn’t even look at his mate and began to climb down the well when Seiya grabbed his arms and hugged him whispering, “I’ll deal with them myself. Trust me, they will pay for doing this to you against your will.”
Sesshomaru pushed away, but Seiya kept pulling him back in and reassured him. Once the demon calmed down. Seiya pulled his mate out of the well house and took him to the car to hide any further embarrassment. Opening the trunk, Seiya handed his mate some clothes and said, “Here.” in the back seat, Sesshomaru dressed in the khakis and shirt as Seiya pulled out of the parking spot and headed for home.
Back at the house, Seiya noticed that the lights in the living room were on meaning Rin was awake. Sesshomaru had cleaned off the make up and smiled menacingly at his mate. Seiya gave a similar smile and said, “We’ll get her don’t worry, Sessh. Let’s go.” Exiting the car, they headed into the house and taking off his shoes to avoid detection entered the living room to find Rin and Shippou on the couch kissing.
Shippou was still in his costume while Rin was in her pajamas. His hands were kept in respectable areas, but Sesshomaru’s anger boiled over and he let out a loud roar shaking the two from their kissing. Grabbing the fox, Sesshomaru threw him into the wall before opening the door and throwing him out of the house. Seething, Sesshomaru shook with fury and sent Rin up to her room with only a point of his claw. Running scared, the girl’s door clicked shut while Seiya began calming his mate enough to at least talk about the nights event without hurting anyone.
The chapter was supposed to be funnier than this, but unfortunately I had to go a bit more serious don't know why hopefully it had plenty of humor. If you want to see who Chi Chi Rodriguez is I have a pic so just ask. LATER! P.S if ya wanna try drawing Sessh that way do it. You know who that is drawing the family scene and gave me the character to dress sessh up as, don't attempt this one.