InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Have Lemonade, Please ❯ The Only Thing Better Than One Lemon Is... ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I'll have Lemonade, Please

By Fujifunmum

Chapter 6: The Only Thing Better Than One Lemon Is…

Sango and Kagome pulled into the driveway at Yash's house at exactly the same time. Sango approached Kagome to give her a big hug. "How are you doing, K-Girl? I've been really worried about you. Miroku told me about what happened with Yash."

"Oh God, is there anybody on the entire fucking planet that doesn't know I'm pregnant? Who told Miroku? No, don't tell me, it was Shippo, right?" Sango nodded.

"That little fox has been making himself mighty scarce today. He better keep it up, 'cause I am going to give him an up close and personal education in privacy before this is all over."

"You stopped to get groceries?"

"Yeah. Yash doesn't even keep dog food in the house. Nothing but coffee and beer. I've often wondered why he has a kitchen at all."

"So, are you hungry? You want to go to eat right away, or you want to hang out for a while? We could sit on the beach and talk." Sango helped Kagome get some of her groceries out of the back seat of her car. "What's this folder?"

"I just got back from the ob/gyn, you know, your very favorite yearly check-up. It's even more fun when you're pregnant. Shit. What part of being a caring human being doesn't…wait. OK, what part of being an adult…wait. OK, …oh shit. That asshole just does not have a fucking clue what he's done by making this decision on his own, does he?"

"Well, duh." Sango paused. Kagome was scowling, but then her face softened and she laughed, and Sango laughed with her. "So, what shall we do first? Bash men? Bash demons? Bash dogs? Or bash babes on the beach with bigger boobs?"

"So many fools, so little time. Let's go in and I'll change. Then let's go eat. Yash took me to a super new place within walking distance. We can have a drink, opps!, you can have a drink and then we'll both bash all of the above."

The best friends gathered up the groceries and Kagome's junk and headed for the door. Kagome fumbled for Yash's keys and they went into the house.

The door slammed behind them, alerting them too late to the danger lurking just inside. Naraku grabbed Sango from behind, chloroforming her before she had a chance to make a sound. Kagome fared little better. She swung around to face the intruders, falling into her favorite karate stance. Unfortunately, the shock of seeing her own face staring back at her caused her to falter just enough for Kikyo to backhand her with her studded wristbands. Kagome fell senseless to the floor.

As soon as he bounded out of his office, Inu Yasha's cell phone rang. He didn't pause, but answered it on the run.

"Is Sango with you? I can't find her anywhere and her office doesn't know where she is either."

"She was, but she left to go to my beach house to see Kagome. Meet me there. And bring your staff. This not good, not good at all." And he hung up. Fortunately he had Kaede on speed dial. He was praying that she would be up from the beach by now. He exhaled in relief when she answered.

"Baba. Come to my beach house. Now. Fast. Your dead sister is after her. Bring anything you have that could help. She has someone else with her. I think it's Naraku."

He was at the Jag by now, and threw some money at Alex, his usual valet as he blew out of the parking structure. He was ready to break any and all traffic laws on the way, until he remembered it was 6:15 p.m. in LA. Gridlock city. He took every back way and side street he could think of and managed to reach the beach by 7. He parked just down the street, changing into his jogging clothes for the second time that day. He got a lot of whistles and rude remarks from passing traffic, but he just gave them all the finger. Fuck. Let them try to change clothes in a Jag.

He was about to run towards the house when he spotted Miroku driving like a madman and he leaped onto the hood of his car. Fortunately, Miroku's reflexes were excellent and he stopped immediately. Miroku parked behind the Jag and the two agreed to approach the house from both sides. Miroku would take the front door; Yash would take the beach. They could see the 2 cars in the driveway. From the street side, nothing looked amiss.

"Screw it, Miroku. I have a really bad feeling about this. I'm going over the roof. Now."

And Yash was gone. Miroku ran up to the house and sneaked a look into the sidelights next to the front door. Everything looked just as it had the last time he had been at Yash's. And then he saw a shadow in the living room. Beachfront architecture made sense at last. That was why they made those vistas through the center of the house so you could see the beach from the street. He waited until the count of three to give Inu Yasha a chance to survey the front of the house. He touched the door handle and barely turned it to see if it was open. It wasn't. So he took his staff and smashed in the sidelight and stepped through into the entryway.

Yash flew to the top of the roof, being careful to land where his movements would not be heard from below. He landed on the beach side next to the deck so he could see into the living room without anyone seeing him. But what he saw made any further careful approach impossible. Sango and Kagome were both seated in the center of the room, back to back, bound and gagged. Their hands were tied behind them and it looked like they were also tied to each other. Sango was facing him; Kagome was behind her. Their heads were bent forward, so he couldn't even tell if they were conscious, they appeared to be holding each other upright. Fuck this, he was going in.

He leaped onto the deck and was about to smash through the doors when he saw her. Kikyo was standing across the room, dressed like a very expensive hooker with cheap taste, with her bow drawn and an arrow cocked.

The French doors were actually open, so he blasted through the screen and fell inside the door to grab Sango's leg. He yanked her towards him, praying they would fall in the opposite direction. They did, but not before Kikyo's arrow grazed Kagome in the side and tore through the sleeve of his jogging clothes. He was up in a flash, and rushing towards Kikyo who was reaching for another arrow. He leaped into the air and twisted to knock her off balance. He didn't want to blow her out of the windows behind her. He didn't know if she could die in her current state, and he wasn't really ready to find out. If he could hold her off for just a little, he could let Kaede deal with her. He grabbed her arm to steady her and keep her from using another arrow.

"Kikyo, don't. Kagome is my mate. Don't do this. Where is Naraku? Is he here?"

She didn't have a chance to answer. Miroku had burst through the front sidelight and was headed for the living room. Behind him, stood Naraku. For once, he was without his baboon skin costume. Was this finally the 'real' Naraku? He certainly had the right attitude. His smirk was gross and his eyes were burning with a very old evil. Both were incongruous with the young handsome body he currently inhabited. He looked very satisfied indeed as his eyes flew to the living room floor. Inu Yasha kept hold of Kikyo's wrist as he leaped to Kagome's side.

Sango and Kagome were awake and held out their joined hands for him to slice the bindings with his claws. Sango immediately ripped off her gag and screamed, "Miroku, behind you!"

"No!" screamed Kikyo, as Kagome reached out her newly freed hands towards Naraku. Her power shot towards Naraku like a white light tinged with red. It splashed over Naraku, barely missing Miroku. He turned towards Naraku, welding his staff to add his warding power to the defense of Sango and Kagome. Inu Yasha pinned both of Kikyo's arms behind her and dragged Sango to her feet. He was digging his claws into his chest as he looked to Sango to be sure she understood that she needed to keep Kikyo immobilized. Sango met his intense gaze with full understanding and agreement. She was grabbing Kikyo with both hands held behind her as she swept Kikyo's legs out from under her. Kikyo landed hard on her mostly bare midriff and Sango promptly sat on her, holding her arms firmly in place.

Inu Yasha held out his blood soaked claws as he went for Naraku, screaming, "Claws of Blood!" as he jumped. If he could reach Naraku, he would destroy him with his bare hands, here and now. But could he fight him in this confined space? The question was moot. As he landed, Naraku vanished. Behind the space he had emptied, Kaede stood in the doorway.

Kagome was sitting up behind him, her side covered in blood. As he turned to face her, Inu Yasha saw Kikyo make her move. She dumped Sango off and snaked an arm out to snag something that had fallen on the floor. Instantly, Inu Yasha remembered Naraku's eyes focused on the same spot. He rushed to Sango's side and wrenched Kikyo's arm under his. Sango captured her other arm and together they held her between them. She screamed in protest as Inu Yasha forced open her fingers.

"Kagome, take the Shikon no Tama from Kikyo and keep it in your hands." Kaede had moved from behind Miroku to stand inside the room. Kagome took the jewel with her right hand as she clutched at her side with the left. Blood was seeping trough her fingers. Miroku moved in to help Sango keep Kikyo confined. He relieved her of her arrows. Her bow had been broken in the fracas.

Kaede came into the room to kneel beside Kagome. Inu Yasha moved to her other side, his arms wrapped around her, supporting her. Kaede immediately examined her side.

"Her wound is not deep. It won't require more than a disinfectant and a minor dressing. She'll only have a small scar as a reminder of the Shikon no Tama's presence within her."

"Why was this jewel inside me, Kaede? Do you know? And what's with that power thing in my hands? I never did that before…"

"I'm not certain, Kagome. But I think that it's because you are the reincarnation of my sister. She was a very powerful miko and the last protector of the Shikon no Tama. I burned it with her when she died, almost 50 years ago. Perhaps I should introduce you. Kikyo, have you met Kagome?"

"This is your sister? I thought you just said she was dead?"

"Keh. She just didn't stay that way," chimed in Inu Yasha. "Not much call for the undead around here, Kikyo. Who whacked Naguashi? You or Naraku? Or should I call him Onigumo?"

"Was he 'whacked' with a bow and arrow?"

Inu Yasha glared at her. "Of course not. His head was bashed in."

"Well, then you know I didn't do it." Kikyo looked very nonchalant at the moment. "Are we finished here? I have places to go."

"Yeah, I can see that by how you're dressed. Where's your current corner?"

Kaede put a stop to their useless bickering. "We can talk about all of that later. For the moment I would like to take Kikyo home with me. Will you come?"

Kikyo looked at Inu Yasha and Kaede, then turned to stare at Kagome. Sango and Miroku were so startled that their hold on her must have weakened. Kikyo chose just that moment to break out of their grasp and dash out of the French doors. She took off over the deck, down to the beach and was well away.

"Shall I go after her?" Miroku asked.

"No. She only gave Kagome a scratch and I can't prove her complicity in the Naguashi murder. The records prove Onigumo's a thief, with a powerful motive for murder. Kikyo may have helped him, but we can't prove it." Inu Yasha sounded frustrated, but resigned.

"Wait one fucking minute, asshole. It just so happens that I am the police officer in charge here. That witch broke into my house and knocked me out. And you're going to let her get away?"

"And just how do you plan to explain that she died 50 years ago?"

Kagome was speechless for a moment. "Call your asshole partner-in-smell, Shippo. Tell him to get his lying fox butt over here. Sounds like you're going to be giving me new information on my murder case." She paused to look quizzically at the jewel in her hand. As she held it balanced on her open palm, the clawed fingers of Inu Yasha's left hand began to reach for it.

"Don't let him touch it," said Kaede. Kagome reflexively closed her fingers protectively around the jewel. Inu Yasha's hand closed over hers.

Kaede took off the beaded necklace she always wore. With one fluid move, she tossed it over Inu Yasha's head.

"What the hell are you doing, Baba? What the fuck is this piece of junk and why am I wearing it?" Inu Yasha's movement was towards Kaede, but his hand covering Kagome's tightened. He turned to her and said, "Give me the jewel, Kagome. It's of no use to humans."

"Utter a subduing spell!" Kaede fairly shouted at Kagome.

"What? What's a subduing spell?"

"Any word will do. Do it NOW!"

Kagome looked over at Inu Yasha. Her eyes fell on his ears. "Sit," she said.

Inu Yasha hit the floor flat out. He was swearing enough to make the Osborne's blush. Kaede reached down with her hand and patted his head.

"You've heard of a level playing field? Well, now you're on one." She turned to Kagome. "This subduing spell will keep him from taking the jewel from you. Don't blame him for wanting it. The jewel gives power to demons. He's had an unnatural fixation on it since my sister had it. I'm sure he'll tell you all about it eventually. Tomorrow, I'll bring you a necklace to wear it on and I'll tell you everything I know about it. Unfortunately, the jewel's existence in our time will draw much evil to you both. For now, I suggest you set aside your anger with him and let him stay here with you. He can protect you. And your baby."

"This wound and the jewel haven't hurt the baby, have they?"

"The baby is fine. Kikyo's arrow wounded you just below your waist. Just enough so the jewel would come out. You lost some blood, but it was only a superficial wound. I would suggest that you take it easy tonight and tomorrow. Let the idiot take care of you. And let Sango and Miroku help. You shouldn't be alone. Unfortunately, the jewel will draw those with much power to hurt you, both demon and human." Kaede rose to leave. "I am going back home, maybe my sister will go there."

Miroku stepped in behind her, seeing her to the door and dialing on his cell. "I'll call Shippo. He'll understand the, um, unusual issues."

Kaede called back over her shoulder, "Don't bother trying to remove the necklace Inu Yasha. Only Kagome and I are capable of it, and we don't speak your native tongue." The sound of her laughter only irritated Inu Yasha further.

"So are you going to take this off and give me the jewel?"

"No chance. I like it on you. It brings out the color in your eyes. And I think I'll say 'sit' every time I feel nauseous." Inu Yasha hit the floor again. "Opps, I didn't mean that one. Sorry Yash." And she reached over to rub his ears, giggling at him.

His face softened as he waited for the effects of the spell to leave him. At least she was touching him again. And she was laughing, even if it was at him. It had been too long since he'd had a chance to enjoy her rubbing his ears. She had been really concerned that the arrow might have hurt the baby. And she had said that Kikyo had broken into HER house. Yep, this had worked out almost like he planned it. She was here, the baby was here and even Kaede had told her she needed him to protect her. That would give him plenty of time to get her to remove this necklace and give him the jewel. Life was good. He closed his eyes and a small rumble started in the back of his throat.

"Hey, don't get ahead of yourself, asshole!" Kagome smacked him on the top of his head as soon as she heard that rumbling. "Kaede thinks you should be here? Fine! You can be here. Maybe I'll let you stay in the garage or on the deck. Don't get any fucking ideas about anything else." She got up and went to check on Sango.

"Are you OK, Sango? Did the arrow hit you?"

"No, it missed me. She had to be a really good shot to hit you and miss me, so I think she could have skewered us both if she had wanted to. What can Miroku and I do for you, K-Girl?" Miroku was holding Sango's hand and had his other arm wrapped around her, very protectively.

"Can you stay until Shippo leaves? He should be here any second."

Yash had recovered his mobility and came over to them. "I'm going to move the Jag into the driveway. You should move your car, too, Miroku." Miroku's reluctance to leave Sango was clear, but he followed Yash out the door.

"So how long have you and Sango been doin' it, Miroku?"

"None of your concern, Yash. But save the 15th of next month, you and Kagome will be attending our very romantic wedding. If you had anything but dog chow between those puppy ears you'd be marrying Kagome right away, too. Don't you want that baby to have some semblance of a normal family?"

As they pulled their cars into the circular drive, Shippo arrived in a black and white.

"What the fuck is going on Yash? Is Kagome OK?"

"Yeah. Come in little fox. Sango and I have a sad little story to tell you and Kagome."

Shippo got the details, and agreed that it would be easier to leave Kikyo out of it than to explain her involvement. He took the information about the insurance scam from Yash and Sango and went back to the precinct to get a warrant to seize Onigumo's records, freeze his bank accounts and search his office for additional evidence. Maybe, if they were really lucky Onigumo had kept the murder weapon there. It didn't really matter much at this point. None of them believed they would catch Onigumo. Naguashi junior had probably happened onto the scam. Shippo would interview dad again to see if they had actually talked about the policies, or if junior had found out that there were two policies.

Yash called the President and Chairman of the Board of US Assurance, covering him with glory (and bonus money) once again.

Shippo went back to the precinct and Sango and Miroku offered to go get some dinner for the four of them. Kagome sighed and said, "I really don't feel much like eating, but I suppose I should eat something." She ended this sentence with a deadly glare in Yash's direction. "How about a salad? I got some lemonade at the grocery store today." She gave Yash another glare. "And get Yash the same thing. I think he and I will eat the same meals for a while. It's time I made some of his choices for him." Glare.

"Keh. Whatever." Yash was biding his time.

They had a reasonably pleasant dinner on the deck. Sango told them about the wedding plans and asked Kagome to be her attendant for the ceremony. Kagome was really touched. Miroku was looking very pleased with himself as he watched the two girlfriends hugging and discussing the upcoming wedding with a great deal of happiness shining in their eyes. Sango looked positively ecstatic. It began to dawn on Yash that maybe Kagome might want marriage. If she was this happy about Sango getting married did that mean she wanted to get married, too? Wouldn't she have said something if she did?

After dinner, they discussed safety issues. Inu Yasha would stay with Kagome as much as possible, but Miroku was anxious to help and offered to stay with Kagome anytime Yash had to be elsewhere. For now, he took his staff and infused the beach house with power, placing his seals at appropriate places. He told them he would stop at Kagome's place on his way home and seal it as well.

"Keh. Don't waste your time. She's staying here from now on."

"Who died and left you in charge of my life, asshole?" Kagome snapped at him. Then she turned to Miroku and handed him her keys. "Thanks, Miroku. I appreciate that. I may be moving back there tomorrow if things don't improve around here."

"Sango and I will bring dinner for you both tomorrow, then we can discuss how we can work together to keep Kagome safe."

"Hello? Don't talk about me like I'm not here. Are you guys nuts? I'm a fucking detective on the LAPD. I don't think I really need you two to protect me, and…" Kagome shut up as Yash calmly reached over and picked up the arrow Kikyo had hurt her with, waving it in her face without pausing for one moment in his conversation with Miroku.

Sango reached over and patted her hand. "Think of it like those chimps they put in front of a keyboard. Sheer trial and error will lead one to write 'Turnabout is Fair Play' sooner or later. Same with Yash, he's going to be right some time or other."

Yash just glared at Sango and ignored her. " We've got to keep the bitch safe while we locate that freakin' Naraku. Two more seconds and I would have had him."

Miroku took Sango by the hand and said, "Let's go take a walk on the beach before we go, OK?" She nodded and they left by the French doors at the front of the house. They could hear a heated discussion going on behind them as they descended the stairs to the beach, followed by a rather loud combination of "Sit!" Thump!

Sango started towards the beach, but Miroku stopped her and led her around the house towards the driveway.

"I want to get something from the car, Sango. Come on." He led her around to his car, which was parked just behind Yash's Jag. He opened the driver's side door and reached in to remove a bent and unwound wire coat hanger and a blanket. Sango had been waiting for him leaned against the passenger side of the front of his car. Something in the way he walked back past her was starting to raise those little hairs on the back of her neck.

"What's with the coat hanger?" She asked as he walked around her to the passenger side of Yash's Jag.

He set the blanket on top of the Jag and started to work on the passenger side weather stripping at the top of the window with the hanger.

"You know, Yash would give you the keys if you asked him."

He stopped, looked up, cocked his head to the side, smiled at her and said, "No, I think not." Then he resumed working on the weather stripping.

"I didn't know they offered Chop Shop 101 at Seminary." She paused, "Please tell me you are NOT thinking what I think you are thinking. You know it's physically impossible in the Jag, don't you?"

"Well, I believe in the scientific method, Sango. Let's find out." Just then he got the twisted hanger in and used it to flick the open switch for the door. It had taken about 30 seconds. "Damn, a pro could have done this in 10 seconds."

"And what's with the blanket? Not that I've agreed to this ridiculous idea."

Miroku reached for her hand and started walking her towards the open door of the car. "Sango, my sweet little boomerang butterfly. It will be fun, I promise. And if it really is impossible, which I doubt by the way, then the blanket is for Plan B."

"Why am I afraid to ask? OK, what's Plan B?"

"The hood. Look at that expanse of metal, just waiting to be, well, enjoyed. Gotta use the blanket, though, it would be criminal to ruin that finish." Sango rolled her eyes at him. "It's a guy thing."

"You've been spending too much time with Yash. You're beginning to sound like him!"

"Think of it this way, Sango. If we do it in Yash's car, he'll know it and it will drive him crazy. But Kagome won't know or care, so in a way, it's our chance to, ah, express our opinion about what he's done."

"Yeah, I have an opinion to express, all right."

But Miroku was sitting sideways in the passenger seat and pulling her down on top of him and he stopped her from speaking with a kiss.

Sango broke his kiss and said, "Does it count if the door's open?"

"That's my sweet little butterfly talking," he said as he squeezed them around so he was facing the windshield, slamming the door shut behind them. Sango started giggling as she squirmed around trying to keep the dashboard from cutting off all circulation to her legs.

"See? I told you this would be fun. And I think you're also in charge of what goes where this time, too. Just think of me as your personal love toy." Miroku reached down and moved the seat back as far as it would go, which wasn't very far. "Good thing only the driver's side is automatic." He tilted the seat back a bit, which gave Sango a little more room to maneuver.

Sango swiveled her hips as she brought her knees up, one at a time, resting them on the back of the passenger seat on either side of Miroku. The space was still pretty tight, but she was starting to think that this would at least be possible.

"I think we should have undressed before we got in."

"Oh, I'm sure you're up to the challenge."

"Yes, I see that you already are."

Miroku just sighed and reclined his head back on the headrest. "Do as you wish, I am totally yours to command, Sango."

"Don't tempt me, idiot. I'm already thinking of ways for you to repay me for this little piece of work. It's all about foreplay, Miroku, and this space just doesn't cut it."

"No worries, take all the time you want. I'm sure I can find something to do with my hands."

Apparently he decided to start at the top and work his way down because he took Sango's head in his hands and brought her lips down to his. Sango was always glad to start off with some serious kissing herself, so the two affianced lovebirds basically made out in Yash's driveway.

Reluctantly, Sango broke their impassioned embrace. "OK, Miroku. My cramps now have cramps from sitting like this. I think we better get our act together or take it to the hood." And with that, Sango began to move - if slowly. She gently squeezed her arms in between them to begin dragging Miroku's shirt out of his pants. Miroku started to laugh. "Oh, I didn't realize you were ticklish there." And she kept right on tickling him and kissing him at the same time. By the time she had gotten his shirt open so she could nuzzle against his skin, they were both breathless. Sango was rubbing her head against Miroku's collarbone and chest while she went to work on his zipper. She was thinking that it would have been easier to do this if Miroku weren't so, well, so well endowed. But then she giggled. She could hardly wish for that with a straight face, now could she?

"What's so funny, butterfly?"

Instead of answering him, Sango, pushed hard on the back of the seat bracing herself to pull one knee at a time back from the seat to the edge, then lowering both knees to the floor. She couldn't sit straight up on her knees, but that wasn't what she had in mind anyway.

"Well, you said I was in charge of what goes where, didn't you?" She said, smiling at her beloved as she easily handled opening his zipper and released him from his clothing from this new angle. She kept watching his astonished face as she gently grasped him with both hands, enjoying the hardness she felt underneath the contrasting smoothness on top. Miroku was shocked. Sango, his nearly virgin boomerang butterfly had decided to do this on her own? He had been wondering how he was going to suggest this to her, and how she would react. She had been smiling before he had closed his eyes and reclined into the pure joy of her fondling. She was playing with him with her fingers to see what he liked, and he liked it all. He was sorry he had closed his eyes, because the next thing he felt was her warm breath washing over his swollen skin. Then she used her tongue to lick him like a lollipop.

It was such a sweet gesture and it gave him a great deal of pleasure. He was actually regretting that they were in this confined space and not where he could reciprocate her behavior. He rested his hands on her shoulders and caressed her neck and shoulder blades, working down her back almost to her waist. That was as far as he could reach under the circumstances.

But Sango was busy exploring. She'd moved on to seeing what else she could do with her mouth to please him. And the answer seemed to be anything. She used her lips and tongue to caress his tip, then moved on to take him into her mouth, slowly but eagerly. She was bracing herself on the seat for leverage and it was working really well. A little too well for this setting. After a few blissful minutes of enjoying the texture of her tongue and the pressure of her beautiful lips, Miroku reached around and placed his hands under her chin to stop her progress. She nearly weakened his resolve and made further discussion moot when she came off of him with a great deal of suction, tightening her lips around him. He gasped as she held him in her hands and looked at him with questioning eyes.

After a few deep breaths he was able to speak. "That felt really good, butterfly. A little too good. But I really want us to do this together."

"Gee, and here I thought I was in charge. It certainly felt like I was participating." But she was again bracing herself with her arms on the seat, leveraging to bring up her knees. "Thank goodness I have a skirt on," she said as she reached underneath her skirt and ripped her undergarments out of the way. Then she reached around his waist, pulled him forward and brought her entrance to his silken tip.

She was leaned over him anyway, so she whispered in his ear, "Is this what you had in mind?" Then she moved down on him very, very slowly. It was an awkward position for his back, but he barely felt it. Other, more immediate pleasurable feelings were coursing through him at the moment.

She placed her hands on either side of the headrest so she could push herself back enough to look in his eyes. In doing so, she shifted her body position slightly. But that slight shift was a revelation to her. She gasped and Miroku smiled at her. He put his hands to her waist and reached under her blouse and her bra, filling his hands with her breasts, working their hardened peaks with his nimble fingers.

"Why, yes, I think this is exactly what I had in mind. I think there is a great deal of merit in the scientific method, don't you agree?"

"Honey, right now I'll agree to anything if you'll just stay still and let me feel you." And she began to voluntarily work the muscles of her entrance, rippling the effect up and effectively tightening and caressing him from within. It intensified the exquisiteness of the feelings of completeness she was enjoying to the point that she didn't even notice him take one hand from her breast and reach down between them to locate and rub another one of her favorite spots.

"Sango, sweetheart," he began, continuing to work on some very sensitive spots as she came closer and closer to climax. "You know, I really want to carry on my family line, so I am almost jealous of Yash. Do you think you could consider having a child sooner rather than later?" Her only answer was a shriek of release as her orgasm overcame her. Her rhythmic clenching and increasing movements during the last few moments had brought Miroku pretty close to expressing those same sentiments inside of her. He grasped her waist and moved both of them to thrust his seed into her as deeply as their position allowed.

As Sango regained her bearings, she brought her face to his for a passionate kiss. Then she murmured, "Did you say something I missed?"

Miroku hugged her as well as he could considering the space, then he reached for the door and opened it. "Let's go back to your place, Sango. We can take care of all of our unfinished business better there."

The two lovers disengaged and fairly tumbled out of the car. Miroku was collecting the blanket, wire hanger, and re-locking the Jag.

"How do you feel about leather, Sango?"

"Yeah, I saw your eyes on Kikyo's ass, pervert. You'd better let me get used to your fetishes one at a time. There's still time for me to cancel this wedding, you know."

Miroku wrapped his arms around her possessively, "No chance, butterfly. I love you too much to ever let you go."

When he finally recovered from that last "Sit!", Yash crawled to the bedroom door, which Kagome had locked behind her after screaming "Sit!" at him at least six times in a row. He just sat there, leaned against the door, with his arms and legs crossed. He just waited, not wanting to feel any more of her anger. Too many "Sits" and this kid would be an only child.

He just sat there, guarding her. She was angry but she was safe. She was here, in his bedroom, and he was just outside the door. That was a big improvement over spending the night at Kaede's. Things were definitely going in the right direction. Except for the necklace thing, and Naraku's reappearance, and, of course, the imminent arrival of every bad ass demon on the planet. But he wanted to deal with one thing at a time. First, he had to get back into that bedroom.

It was over an hour later when he heard the lock click open behind him. He showed uncharacteristic restraint by waiting for her to open the door. He didn't wait long.

"Why are you sitting outside the door?"

"Keh. I'm protecting you, of course. Kaede wasn't kidding about the danger you know."

She knelt behind him and leaned her forehead on his back.

"Why did you do it, Inu Yasha?" Her voice was a quiet whisper behind him.

"Keh. Do what?"

"Why didn't you tell me you wanted me to have your baby? Did you think I would say no?"

"Why would you say no? You're my mate. That's what mates do."

"You're hopeless, you know that?"

"What the hell are you talking about? You're not making any sense at all. What the hell do you want?" Inu Yasha turned around and was stunned to find that Kagome was crying. Now he was really flustered. He hated it when she cried. What was she crying for?

"Why are you crying? Are you hurt?"

Kagome just shook her head, tears running down her cheeks. He couldn't figure out what to do about it, so he reached out and hugged her. She just cried harder, fisting her hands in his shirt, snuggled up tight against his chest. All he could do was enfold her in his arms and wait. She was going to be dehydrated if she didn't stop soon. He couldn't stand the way she shuddered against his chest, her small frame wracked with sobs. He wanted her to stop, but he didn't know what to do to get her to stop. She just kept crying, clinging to him. Between her raging hormones, the events of the day, and the loss of blood, she was emotionally fried.

"Please stop, Kagome. Don't cry. Everything will be fine. You're here now, right where you should be." Inu Yasha patted her head. He couldn't see her face, but she seemed to be calming at last.

"You're such a puppy. It was really all about getting me here?"

"You supposed to be here. You're my mate."

"Inu Yasha, I always want to be by your side."

That rumbling started in his chest and she reached up absently to scratch one of his ears. She was emotionally exhausted, but feeling very safe and loved. If he didn't express it in words, she still felt it in the way he was holding her, and she understood the lengths he had gone to in order to bring her to this place, secure in his arms. He bent his head down to kiss her and she slowly responded, gradually losing herself in his touch.

He broke their kiss and stood up, bringing her with him in his arms.

"Can you protect me if you're, um, distracted?"

"Why do you think dog demons invented the quickie?"

Kagome giggled, but said, "Oh, I think we need more than that this time. I'm really tired. You're going to have to wake me up."

"My pleasure. Don't worry about intruders, I will smell someone coming long before they arrive, even if I'm very busy, um, waking you up. You just relax and let me take care of you."

Kagome giggled again, but Inu Yasha was already smothering her giggles with kisses. With her tucked in his arms and pressed up against him, she felt more like his mate that she ever had in the past. She was responding, accepting. He kissed her and hugged her closer as took her into the bedroom.

He laid her down gently on the edge of the bed and knelt beside her. She looked so beautiful with her wide eyes watching him, wondering what he was going to do next. He brushed her hair back from her face and kissed her forehead. It had been much too long since they had been together, and she had finally agreed to stay by his side. She smiled at him and placed her hand on his cheek. It was a simple, loving gesture, which spoke volumes. Inu Yasha wanted to ravish every single part of her. He felt her complete acceptance of him as her mate and he wanted to possess her totally.

He took her hand and began to kiss her fingertips, slowly and deliberately taking each one in turn, gently stroking her wrist with his other hand as he nipped and sucked on her fingers, licking them sensuously with his tongue. Kagome sighed and closed her eyes, and he took his attention away from her hand briefly to rest his forehead on her stomach, inhaling deeply as the subtle changes in her scent began to inflame his desire.

Moving back to her hand, he kissed and licked the center of her palm and stretched her arm over her head. Then he dragged his claws over the inside of her arm from her wrist to her upper arm. She was wearing an oversized baseball jersey style T-shirt. When he reached the short sleeve, he simply took a claw and started slicing the fabric. She began to shiver as he continued to rake her lightly with his claws underneath, all the way down to the hem.

"Too bad. I really liked this T-shirt."

"Me, too. I'll get you another one. You really shouldn't wear clothes in here, you know."

"We usually don't start in here. You just want me bare and pregnant down here at the beach."

"Keh, what a good idea," and Yash reached for her other hand and started nipping at her fingertips. Kagome's senses were sinking. She felt Inu Yasha's tongue caressing her fingers and her thoughts began to swirl and fade. Her focus was only on him, and his touch on her body, exciting her, and wrapping her in a cocoon of sensuous feelings. By the time he reached the center of her palm, kissing and licking it, she was totally lost. Again, he stretched her arm above her head; this time holding down both of her wrists as he raked his claws down her other side, slicing the cloth in the process.

He couldn't resist another nuzzle on her tummy, enjoying the heady fragrance of her aroused state. He released her momentarily to strip off his own clothes, then crawled to her other side. He knelt next to her on the bed. It was time to get rid of her annoying clothes. He leaned over and kissed her, tenderly holding her head in his hands. He explored her beautiful lips, kissing, sucking and grazing them carefully with his teeth and fangs. He wanted to devour her; she tasted so sweet and smelled so enticing. He ran his hands down her cheekbones, over her neck and stopped at her collarbone. Again he raked his claws across her skin to the edges of her shoulders, running a slicing claw under the cloth of the T-shirt on each side. He sat up and tossed the top of her T-shirt to the floor, just like a piece of discarded gift-wrap. She was watching him again, and when his eyes fell on her torso, his surprised response made her laugh.

Underneath her T-shirt she was wearing a very tiny black lace thong and a matching bra. They looked very familiar. He bent over and licked her from her crotch to the hollow of her neck.

"Umm, licorice a la Kagome. Very tasty." She wanted to giggle, but the roughness of his tongue had reduced her to shivering mush. She wasn't disappointed at all when he took the papery fabric of the bra in his teeth and tugged it. It came off her easily and he spit the pieces out on the floor. "You taste better than anything else," he whispered in her ear as he reached up to hold down her wrists above her head and began to lick and suck every inch of her breasts. By the time he reached the tips, she was weak with passion. Still, she arched into his mouth, delighting in the tremors he was causing.

He left her panting and sat on his haunches at her feet, reaching up to rake his clawed hands over her, starting at just under her breasts, slowly running across her torso, over her pelvic bones and down the tops of her thighs all the way to her toes, finishing by slowly working down the soles of her feet. She hadn't even known that was an erogenous zone until that moment. She wondered how he knew, but then she felt the rough texture of his tongue gliding over her instep and she was no longer able to form a conscious thought.

He bent her knees, spreading her legs with both hands by gently messaging his fingertips up the insides of her thighs. The scent of her arousal was too strong to resist now. He bent down to nuzzle her with his forehead. He paused to look at her face. Her eyes were closed and she was gently arching into his touch. He kept watching her face; he wanted to see her reaction as he reached out with his tongue and began to lick the black lace papery fabric with long smooth strokes. Little tremors of pleasure were shaking her and matching small involuntary sounds were escaping from her throat every time he started a new path with his tongue. The sheerness of the fabric could only withstand a few passes with his rough tongue before shredding and dissolving in his mouth. Even so, he spent a lot longer than was absolutely necessary making sure all the tiny shreds were eaten. She moaned as he gently parted her lower lips with his fingers and his tongue. She shuddered as he found and tormented her clitoris. His teeth and tongue were gentle but relentless in demanding her response. She had no choice but to succumb to his careful ministrations as he coaxed her to climax. As she was nearing her breaking point, he heightened her response by inserting his fingers within her.

As she was quivering in her recovery, he removed the remains of the shredded thong around her hips then began again. She momentarily wondered why he didn't take her. She was yearning for the feel of him within her. Then she was lost again to his tender touches as his demanding mouth closed around her, leaving her bereft of thought. He steadied her hips to keep her confined to his care. He felt her yield to his insistence, as he mercilessly licked and sucked at the tender nub of her desire. Her response was ardent and complete, her whole body becoming attuned to his touch. He was rewarded again as she cried out his name with her release.

Her body felt almost like liquid as she sank back into the bed. He rose and captured her mouth with his, thrusting his tongue deeply as he gathered her into his arms. The heat of his skin against hers was searing her senses.

He finally released her mouth, pausing briefly to lick her lips as he kissed and nuzzled her neck, working his way down to her aching breasts. One arm supported her while the other stroked her inner thigh. She was whimpering with the after tremors of her emotions and her physical responses. She felt as if they were connecting on an entirely different level and she was impatient to be joined with him, to increase the level of intimacy even further. Inu Yasha was continuing to kiss and stroke her, coming gradually closer to the apex of her desire. His devouring kisses reached one aching peak just as he raked one claw over her supremely sensitive clitoris. She attempted to stop him, but he was already bringing her perilously close to yet another passionate release.

Her recovery was beginning to consist of only slightly less tension than her orgasms as he reached to begin again at her other thigh, nuzzling towards her other breast.

"No," she begged, "come with me this time, it's too lonely without you."

Her voice was breathy and ragged with passion, her hands feebly clutching at his shoulders.

Their love making in the past had been fun, frenzied, passionate and soul rending. But this time, Inu Yasha felt her complete commitment to him. She had promised not to leave his side; and as he possessed her, filled her, and coaxed her again to join him in reaching for perfection, he felt a new delight and possessiveness in her passionate responses. He was no longer trying to convince her that they were mated. Instead he was free to enjoy the sweetness of her responses to his touch, secure that she would be there with him, showing him these same impassioned responses as his lifetime mate and lover. He slowly thrust within her, bringing her knees to her chest to angle deeper within her and rub more thoroughly against some of her more sensitive spots within. It was not long before he brought her to climax with him, delighting in the clenching of her interior caresses as much as the exterior ones. She clung to him in the aftermath and he continued to caress her body, sampling the texture of her damp skin, enjoying the earthy and intoxicating scent of his pregnant mate.

Epilogue

Palm trees really suck.

Yash was sitting on top of the palm tree across from his beach house again. Kagome's morning sickness had been lousy this morning. She had come out of the bedroom and when he tried to kiss her she had smelled the coffee on his breath and bolted for the bathroom. In retrospect, he probably shouldn't have laughed. But he felt so good about her being there, and she had looked so sweet coming out of their bedroom, and then running away so suddenly that he just couldn't help it. He had followed her to make sure she was OK. But then he had blown it by asking her if she was going to be sick like this every time she got pregnant. When he had recovered from the multiple sit spells that resulted from that lapse in common sense, he'd grabbed some clothes and made for this tree. He could see all approaches to the house from here. He wanted her to recover a little before he went back to the house.

The case was a wrap. Shippo had connected the dots with Naguashi senior. His son had been to the house the day before the murder, and junior's life insurance policy had been on the top of senior's desk. The kid had gone straight from Dad's to Onigumo's office. No one was in, and he had made the last mistake of his sad life. He'd left a message.

There was no murder weapon in Onigumo's office, but they had found substantiation of the insurance fraud and the son's message. Needless to say, Onigumo hadn't been seen since. Neither had Naraku or Kikyo.

The insurance company went after the money. Can anyone spell "Off Shore"?

All in all, it had the usual unsatisfactory ending of most homicides. This time, the murder was solved but the punishment was lacking. Kagome was between big cases and spending a lot of time with Kaede. She was coming into her power as a miko. Or maybe it was all those hormones.

They were going to Milwaukee in two days. He hated to fly, but he liked her family and she had promised him real trees. Lots of them. Trees would be good. She would visit with her family and that should make her happy. Besides, she said that some news just had to be delivered in person.

He looked down and started swearing like the Osbornes again. In his haste he had grabbed that damned T-shirt she had given him. He took it off and turned it inside out, disgusted that he hadn't gotten rid of it already.

On the front it said, "I wasn't born stupid…"

On the back it said, "It's a Gift"