InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I Need You ❯ The Date ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or any quotes I may use.
 
 
CHAPTER SEVEN: THE DATE
 
“Ow!”
Linda frowned and put her hands on her hips, “Well, if you'd stop wiggling, it wouldn't hurt so much!” she snapped.
Rin sighed and fell forward, her head making a loud bang as it hit the desk, “Oh give it up already!”
Linda yelped, “Argh! No! Your make-up, your face! Red marks bad!”
Rin rolled her eyes and sat up straight again; turning to look at her friend she glared, “Remind again why I'm doing this?”
Linda smiled sweetly, “Because you love me so much. And to help your own sorry ass. Now turn and face the mirror. And hold still!”
Rin grumbled, but turned back around.
Linda had already finished her own hair and was now putting the final touches on Rin's hair.
I hate dressing nice” Rin thought as she looked at her reflection. “That doesn't even look like me.”
Linda had twisted clumps of her hair and pulled the ends together at the back her head; so they covered the top of her head. The back top half was swept up in a tight bun and now Linda was curling the bottom half into ringlets that were wrapped around the bun and the long ringlets hung down, brushing against her neck. Her eyelids were a soft blue with black eyeliner and her lashes thick with mascara.
This junk is going to take forever to get off.”
Linda set the curling iron down and stepped back smiling proudly. “I” she proclaimed loudly have down the impossible!”
Rin leveled her with an icy look, “Don't press it Barbie” she snapped.
Linda only shrugged and smirked.
“You're cut out for this. This is what you do. Not me.”
Linda stepped up to the mirror and examined her hair. Her short blond hair was held back by small clips and bobby pins, with a touch of glitter on the tips that stuck out.
“I'm just used to doing this Rin. You're not.” She turned and grinned evilly, her blue eyes twinkling “But you will be.”
Rin shook her head firmly earning her a cry of despair from her friend about her hair, “No!”
Linda switched spots with Rin and quickly and flawlessly applied her own make-up. Light pink eye shadow and thick mascara. Softly putting on blush she caught Rin staring at her in the mirror, “What?”
“It just amazing me. That's all.”
Linda turned, “What does?”
“I bet you could do that crap with your eyes closed. Figuratively speaking of course.”
Linda laughed as she searched through her bag for gloss. “Rin, Rin, Rin…what am I going to do with you? I bet you you're the only girl who can't
Rin crossed her arms defensively, “Yeah, you say that like it's a bad thing.”
Linda jumped up; gloss in hand, “It is. Now hold still.”
Rin's eyes widened in horror, “What? No! Get that crap away from me. The eye stuff was enough, now you're going too far!”
Linda smirked, “I see. Well, I'll let you in on a little secret.”
Rin eyes her suspiciously, “What?”
“Guys hate kissing girls who are wearing lipstick. It's a fact of life.”
Rin raised an eyebrow, “Oh really?” she said sarcastically.
Linda nodded, “You bet. So…if you're wearing lipstick all night; Isamu most likely won't try to kiss you.”
Rin sighed and glared at her friend, “I hate you.”
“I know you do. Now pucker up.”
Ten minutes later the two girls exited Rin's room and made their way down the stairs. Kagome smiled when she saw them, but InuYasha just growled and went to the other room.
“You girls look lovely!”
Rin's dress was a spaghetti strapped, light blue dress that fell right above her knees, and flowed out. Linda wore a pink shirt and skirt that was flowy and covered in a darker and sheer over-dress. (I'm REALLY bad at describing what clothes look like, so work with me)
Rin blushed and Linda grinned, “Why thank you Kagome! I do believe we have made a lady out of Rin, at least for tonight.”
Rin glared and the doorbell rang.
“Save by the bell!” Linda exclaimed running to the door before Rin could bark at her.
“Hey Daichi, Isamu. Come on in.”
Linda stepped out of the way and two young men came into the room. Linda walked them over to Kagome and Rin and introduced them.
“This is Daichi Suzuki” she said pointed to the boy with brown hair and brown eyes.
“And this is Isamu Tanaka” she pointed to the boy with black hair and green eyes.
Kagome shook their hands, “Hi. Pleased to meet you.” She indicated over her shoulder, “My apologizes for Rin's father. He's in the other room busy.”
Rin rolled her eyes. It was more like, Kagome made him promise to leave as soon as the boys got there. Kagome was still angry with his attempt to spy on the girl's date.
Needless to say he really wasn't happy about the date.
That makes two of us.”
Kagome said good night and exited the room, leaving the four teenagers alone.
“So” Isamu shoved his hands in his pockets, “Ready to go?”
Linda took Daichi's arm, “Yes we are!”
Isamu offered his arm to Rin who took it with a slight hesitation. Seeing Linda's glare she held on tighter and smiled, “Ready whenever you are.”
The boys led the girls out to the car and Daichi drove them to a fancy restaurant.
Stepping out of the car Rin took Isamu's arm again and followed him into the restaurant.
After they were seated, Linda and Daichi became engrossed in each other, leaving Isamu and Rin to themselves.
Isamu smiled, “I'm glad you agreed to come tonight Rin.”
Rin looked at him startled then smiled back, “Yeah. I am too.”
“Hmmm…Hmmmmhmmm Hmmm…I wonder where you are….”
Rin gasped and looked around her, “Not here!”
Isamu looked at her in concern, “Are you alright Rin?”
Rin looked back and nodded, “Of course. I-I just remembered something I forgot to do at home” she smiled nervously, “No big deal.”
Isamu smiled then picked up the menu.
Rin tried to focus but the humming just wouldn't go away. Rin felt tears prick in the back of her eyes, “Why tonight? Why now? Can't I just have something normal for once!”
“I wish to stay here forever and ever my lord.”
Rin looked up and saw a little girl standing behind Isamu, her dark eyes big and full of innocence.
Rin paled and took a deep breath; closing her eyes she counted to ten then opened them.
The little girl was gone.
“Are you alright Rin?”
This time is was Linda who asked.
Rin nodded slowly, “Of course. I just feel a little faint that's all. But it's nothing to worry about.”
Linda stared then nodded slowly, “Okay.”
She knew what was going on. She asked Rin as they got ready if anything would happen that night. Rin answered she was sure nothing would happen and everything would be fine.
She was wrong.
Rin sighed deeply and buried her face in her menu, “This is going to be a long night.”
 
 
A/N: For graduation 2 years ago my friend wanted me to do her hair, and I did it just like Rin's. It was sooooo pretty!