InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ If I Never Knew You ❯ If I Never Knew You ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

If I Never Knew You

Chapter 5. If I Never Knew You

((//~*I thought our love would be so beautiful, so beautiful.*~\\))

"No Inuyasha! What are you doing?!" Kikyo was in shock. Surely Inuyasha wouldn't really kill her!

"I'm sorry, Kikyo, but I won't allow you to wander the earth any longer." Then with one of Inuyasha's Iron Ravern Soul Steelers Kikyo screamed and was gone. Turned to ash. "May you rest in peace . . . my Kikyo."

((//~*Some how we made the whole world right.*~\\))
"We had some good times, Kikyo. You were the one who taught me how to love. But I couldn't be who you wanted me to be. I don't want to be human. I . . . I don't want to be a full blooded demon anymore either. I . . . I just want Kagome. She's the one I truly… love." Then with a tear Inuyasha bounded toward the well to bring Kagome back.

        *~~~~~~*~~~~~ ~*

Just as Kagome was going out the door the phone rang.

((//~*I thought our love would be so beautiful*~\\))

~Hello Kagome?~ Came Hojo's voice as Kagome put the phone to her ear.

"Oh, Hojo-kun, I forgot, I'm sorry."

~That's ok. Are you alright? Do you still . . .~

"You know what, Hojo, I'm sorry but this just isn't working out."

~You're. . . you're breaking up with me?!~ Hojo was shocked. He'd never been dumped before.

"Yeah, listen I gotta go, bye." Kagome hung up the phone and then ran out the door to the well.

((//~*We'd turn the darkness into light.*~\\))

Kagome got to the well and looked into it. I remember that night, Inuyasha, when I first saw you as a human and you got sick. You said I smelled nice but now you still deny it to this day. And so many other times. That kiss… I . . . I know you love me, Inuyasha, I just know it. Kagome then jumped into the well to go find Inuyasha.

        *~~~~~~*~~~~~ ~*

There's the well. I have to find Kagome and tell her the truth. Inuyasha thought and walked to the edge of the well.

((//~*And still my heart is saying we were right, we were right.*~\\))
Just as Inuyasha got to the edge of the well Kagome poked her head up over the top. Kagome looked up and saw the amber eyes of Inuyasha. They stared at each other looking into each others eyes for the longest time. Finally Inuyasha help Kagome out of the well and held her in a strong embrace.

((//~*And if I never knew you. If I never knew you.*~\\))

"Inuyasha, I've missed you so much." Kagome said as she started to cry into Inuyasha's chest. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I made that stupid wish."

((//~*I'd have lived my whole life through . . .*~\\))

"Hey now don't cry Kagome. I made that wish too you know. And it wasn't your fault. It was Kikyo's fault we forgot."

"Kagome looked up at Inuyasha. "What do you mean, Inuyasha?"

"Kikyo was watching us that day Kagome. She heard us wish we never knew each other. She's the one that made this all happen."

"Where . . . where is she now?" Kagome asked almost afraid of the answer.

"I . . . I killed her. It was the best thing to do. All I wanted was for her to have some peace."

((//~*Empty as the sky.*~\\))

"I'm sorry Inuyasha. I know you loved her but . . ."

"Shhh, Kagome, that was a long time ago. It's in the past. Please don't start crying again."

"I know but . . . Inuyasha I . . . I love you." Kagome then began to cry again.

((//~*Never knowing why.*~\\))

"Kagome I . . . I love you too." Kagome looked up at Inuyasha and he smiled down at her.

"You do Inuyasha?"

"I do Kagome." Kagome hugged Inuyasha tight. Inuyasha didn't mind much, for he didn't really have much to complain about. He had what he wanted. He had someone who loved him. And loved him for who he was. And he loved her back.

((//~* Lost forever. If I never knew . . . you.*~\\))

        *~~~~~~*~~~~~ ~*

        ((//~*If I never knew you.
        If I never felt this love.
        I would have no inkling of
        How precious life would be.

        And I'm so grateful to you.
        I'd have lived my whole life through
        Lost forever.
        If I never knew you.

        If I never knew you.
        I'd be safe but have this real
        Never knowing I could feel
        A love as strong as you.

        I thought our love would be so beautiful.
        So beautiful.
        Somehow we made the whole world right.
        I thought our love would be so beautiful.
        We'd turn the darkness into light.
        And still my heart is saying we were right.
        We were right.

        And if I never knew you.
        If I never knew you.
        I'd have lived my whole life through

        Empty as the sky.
        Never knowing why.
        Lost forever.
        If I never knew . . . you.*~\\))