InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Indian Inu ❯ Chapter 02 ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Chapter 02

Realizing that it wouldn't do any good to just stand there, Kagome started walking through the sparse trees towards the chapel. 'Maybe someone there can help me…' Glancing lazily around, Kagome spotted something on the other side of one of the larger trees. She wavered a moment, thinking about the chapel, but in the end, curiosity got the better of her and she veered towards the tree. As she got closer, she noticed that what she was seeing was long, silver hair blowing in the breeze.
"Hello?"
There was no answer but she walk closer and closer until she was standing right in front of the figure by the tree. Actually, a more accurate term would be on the tree. It was a boy-probably about 17 or 18, only a couple of years older than Kagome herself.
He had long silver hair and a muscular build. Tucked into the strands of his hair, were two ears…dog-like ears. But the thing that really caught Kagome's attention was the long strait arrow imbedded into his chest holding him to the tree. His eyes were closed and his face was peaceful-almost as though he were asleep. And stranger still, Kagome sensed that he really was just sleeping.
As she stood studying the boy, noting that he was dressed in animal skins and wore beads in his hair, she slowly became aware of several men with guns standing around her. When she took the time to look, she realized that the guns were all aiming at one thing-her.
'Oh, great. Now what?' Kagome wasn't sure what was going on, but she knew she didn't like it. 'What is with this place, anyway?' She slowly turned to look at the men and noticed that they looked like they stepped strait out of a western movie.
"Ummm…"
How would you address a bunch of guys pointing their guns at you?
"Who are you, witch-woman? What is your business here?"
Kagome blinked, confused. "Witch-woman?" She muttered to herself. "Ummm…I don't know what's going on, but I think you've confused me with someone else. My name is Kagome and I really don't know why or how I'm here."
Somehow, she didn't think they were going to believe her. She was right.
"Tie her up! She'll try to put a curse on you! We'll take her to Kaede."
Kagome took a wild chance and guessed that the loud crazy one was the leader. After carefully assessing the situation, she decided it would be best if she went peacefully. She looked back at the boy on the tree one last time before calmly letting them tie her wrists and lead her away towards a small village that she hadn't noticed before.
Kaede turned out to be an old woman who took care of the sick and wounded of the village. She was also, apparently, considered to be very wise. She studied Kagome for a long time before speaking.
"Kikyo?" she asked.
At Kagome's confused look, Kaede shook her head, as if coming out of a trance.
"No, you're not her. But you bear a remarkable resemblance to her…What is your name?"
"Ummm…My name is Kagome…"
Kaede studied Kagome for a moment longer before turning to the men who had brought her.
"Untie her. She is no witch and will not harm anyone."
The man hesitated for about half a second before doing as she said. Then, with one backwards look to make sure she wasn't going to take off, he left the room. As soon as he left, Kaede smiled.
"Welcome, child. Please, make yourself at home. You may stay with me until you find your way home."
Converting /tmp/phpHXddUh to /dev/stdout