InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha and Amimi: The Next Chapter ❯ Going Downhill ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Amimi sipped her tea. “So Shinobu…Can you help me remember, well…who I am…”
 
The old ningen man gave her a confused look. “What do you mean?”
 
“I can't remember anything about my past…it's so…blurry…I was lucky enough to remember you…”
 
Inuyasha pouted and crossed his arms. He didn't bother picking up his tea. `Poison…' he said to himself as he looked into the murky water in the cup. The inu hanyou sniffed it and looked away. `Nasty…'
 
“So you don't remember your powers? The pearl? Anything?” he asked, sipping his tea and sighed with relaxation. The kitsune shook her head. She looked at her hands, which were on her lap and sighed.
 
“Nothing…”
 
Inuyasha looked at the depressed kitsune. He looked at his cup of tea and took a sip. The inu hanyou made a disgusted face. The kistune didn't want to talk so Inuyasha decided to tell the man about how he found her. Shinobu nodded. He understood completely.
 
“I understand being asleep for 50 years, but losing your memory? I don't get…”
 
“Can you at least help me remember about the pearl and my powers?”
 
“Alright…” replied Shinobu, putting his hand to his head, trying his best to remember everything he knew. “When you were born, you were destined to hold the power of a pearl, the Pearl of Yamoi. It's more powerful than the Shikon Jewel itself. It gives you powers far beyond imagination. It is said that whoever holds it has enough power to destroy the world…”
 
“Wow…It's that strong?” interrupted Inuyasha as he perked his ears up at the word, `Shikon Jewel.' Shinobu glared at the inu hanyou. He was `on a roll…'
 
“As I was saying….” said Shinobu sternly as he picked up his tea to take a sip. “Many men and women have tried their best to get this prize, but you were able to stop them along the way. The pearl is in your upper chest if you forgot…And you're a hanyou too.”
 
“Yeah…Kaede told us…Is there away to get rid of this?” she asked, putting her hand where the pearl was embedded. She totally ignored the last part of his sentence. Shinobu nodded. Inuyasha turned his head towards Amimi. He was surprised at the old ningen man's statement, not knowing that the pearl-bearer was a hanyou.
 
“You have to throw it in Mt.Fuji,” he told her, sipping his tea. Amimi and Inuyasha's jaws dropped.
 
“Mt. Fuji!” they yelled in unison, looking at the nicely-dressed man. All Shinobu did was sip this tea.
 
“That's like hundreds of miles from here!” she said, slamming her hands on the short table in front of her, standing up a bit. Shinobu stayed calm, but startled Inuyasha for a second.
 
“That's the only way, Amimi. Then, you can live a free life.” The room was quiet for a moment until Inuyasha broke it by choking on his tea. The kitsune patted him on the back and took out a small bottle of water. Inuyasha chugged it all without a `Thanks' to be heard. She sighed and turned back to the conversation.
 
“Well…You're going to have to do it if you don't want all these strong youkai and hanyous coming after you all of your life,” said Shinobu as he crossed his arms on the table. Amimi sighed and sat upright again.
 
Shinobu glared at the inu hanyou. “And I'm guessing you'll be taking her…” Inuyasha looked at the old ningen man. He didn't know what to do.
 
Shinobu smiled at him. “I would go but being 63 years old and the town's storyteller, I can't leave this spot…” Inuyasha turned his head.
 
“Fine…” he mumbled softly as he crossed his arms. All of a sudden, he felt two soft arms around his neck. They belonged to the kitsune. She smiled at him and hugged him tightly.
 
“Thanks Inuyasha,” she said looking into his deep yellow eyes. The inu hanyou blushed slightly, forgetting the feel of a woman's arms around him. The old ningen man snickered. “How cute...” Amimi slowly unwrapped her arms around him. Shinobu sipped his tea.
 
“Oh Shinobu…” asked Amimi as she looked at the ningen man.
 
“Yes...”
 
“Why do people call you Fujitaka?”
 
Shinobu chuckled. “It's my last name. Don't tell me you forgot that too?”
 
Amimi nodded and blushed with embarrassment.
 
“Well…You two better get going...” he said, looking down the hall, seeing if anyone was there to help him with a task. Amimi and Inuyasha nodded in unison as they stood up.
 
“Wait,” said Shinobu, putting his hand in the air.
 
“Yeah...” replied Inuyasha turning his head to the old ningen man. Shinobu stood up and went to one of his female servants. He whispered something in her ears as she nodded. The servant quickly ran off into the hallway and disappeared swiftly.
 
“Your supplies will be at the bottom of this mountain,” he told the two as he turned around to them for one last look. He walked them out to the front gate and all three of them looked at the ladder-like stairs. Inuyasha pouted with disagreement.
 
“Don't tell me we have to climb down those damn stairs, do we?” he asked rudely as he crossed his arms. Amimi stayed quiet.
 
“Of course not…”
 
“Then how will we get down!”
 
“You'll take Higashi down…”
 
“Higashi?”
 
Amimi's ears perked up. “Higashi?”
 
All of a sudden, an enormous bird flew up from below. Its large wings moved up and down, creating strong winds that made the two hanyous crouch a bit. Shinobu got his support from his cane.
 
“Is this the small bird from the river, Shinobu?” asked Amimi covering her face with her arms. The old ningen man nodded.
 
“What have you been feeding her?!”
 
The old man chuckled. Higashi looked at the three and screeched with happiness as she spotted the kitsune hanyou. She slowly landed on the flat surface where the threesome stood and screeched once more. Her blue thick feathers moved with her every movement and her long blue-green tail shook as she was petted by Amimi.
 
“Well…Get on already…You're wasting time,” shouted Shinobu as he held on to his cane. Inuyasha nodded and helped Amimi on first. Shinobu quickly went up to the inu hanyou before he got on.
 
“Take good care of her…” he whispered in his ear. “If anyone but her gets that pearl, it will be the end of us all…” When Inuyasha turned his head to see the man, he was already near the gate door. The inu hanyou shook his head and climbed on Higashi and sat right behind Amimi.
 
“Good Luck!” yelled Shinobu as he waved his hand. “Oh yes! There's something else waiting for you at the bottom!”
 
Amimi nodded and the giant bird took flight. The two hanyous held on for their lives as the bird swiftly circled the mountain.
 
“Why couldn't we've taken this up the damn mountain!?” yelled Inuyasha as he looked at the view.
 
“Oh! Quit your whining, Inuyasha!” she smiled merrily as the bird descended down the mountain.