InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Inuyasha Drabbles ❯ Celebration ( Chapter 63 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Originally posted to The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest on September 18, 2012 for Prompt #299 To the Death. It won 2nd place.

Title: Celebration
Author: ananova
Rating: T
Prompt: To The Death (The Inuyasha Fanfic Contest)
Genre: Friendship
Word Count: 248
Summary: Inuyasha becomes wary after saving a village from a youkai.

----------------------

Inuyasha scowled as he listened to the villagers cheer. “To the death of the youkai!” they toasted over saké. He knew it wouldn't be long before they became drunk and decided it would be better to toast the death of all youkai. He wasn't stupid, he'd seen the wary looks. Never mind that he was the one who had killed the youkai. That wouldn't matter once they were drunk and no longer thinking straight.

Inuyasha cast an eye out for his companions. He spotted Miroku flirting with the village women, a scowling Sango approaching him from behind. There would be no convincing them to leave yet. He nodded approvingly when he spotted Kirara keeping Shippou out of trouble and beneath notice. That was one less thing to worry about.

He gave a start as a hand touched his shoulder. Turning he spotted Kagome, a worried frown creasing her brow.

“Hey,” she tried to smile. “What are you hiding over here for?”

Inuyasha shrugged. “Not really my thing.”

Kagome nodded, biting her lip. “You sense it too, don't you?”

Inuyasha gave her a searching look before nodding. “Yeah, this could get really dangerous.”

“Then let's go. The others will be alright for the night.”

Inuyasha blinked. “You're coming with me?” He had been thinking about leaving to avoid trouble.

“I'm not going to make you go alone. What are friends for?”

Inuyasha's gaze softened. “Alright.” He took her hand and led her away from the village.