InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ Ship wreck ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3: Ship wreck

It had been a week on the pirate ship. Miroku, though keeping his promise, still would not stop hounding Sango. The Captain avoided Kagome as much as he could, same with her. The only time they spoke was when he had an order for her. She thanked God he hasn't asked her to sleep in his bed with him again. But she enjoyed the company of the other pirates. Most of them were very nice to Sango and her.

Today, the captain eyed her as she was scrubbing the middle deck again, just below his huge chair. Kagome felt him looking and tried not to get in to and position that would make his view more "pleasant". She sat up to wipe the sweat from her brow. She didn't realize that it would become so humid. She took her hair out of the bun to redo it since it was falling out. The captain watched her with some interest on his face. Kagome tried to ignore it. The hairs on the back of her neck stood up on end as she caught from the corner of her eye him sitting up. She continued to scrub the deck when she heard a thump in front of her. She looked up to see the Captain staring at her. Her heart raced as she made the mistake of looking into his beautiful eyes. She quickly looked away and gulped. He squatted in front of her. He fiercely grabbed her arm and forced her up. She stumbled and fell into him. He grabbed her other arm and stood her up straight.

"What are you doing?" She asked in a shaky voice.

For a moment he stared into her eyes. She was paralyzed. After a moment, he then closed his eyes tightly. He threw her on the ground while stomping into his quarters. She sat there, stunned for a second, but started to work again.

Meanwhile in his quarters, the captain had his face in his hands as memories came back to him.

~*Flash back*~

"Inuyasha! Are you out here?" A girl in a white dress called out onto the white sanded beach.

She walked through a grove of palm trees. All of a sudden something grabbed her around the waist from behind her. She yelped and turned around. Inuyasha was in a soft, white shirt with black trousers on. He smiled as she smiled back at him, lightly tapping him on the chest.

"Don't scare me like that!"

He chuckled, "I'm sorry."

She leaned against his chest. He embraced her, resting his chin on the top of her head.

"I'm so happy we are finally getting to do this!" She smiled.

"I thought we'd never convince your father to letting me marry you!" He said as he held her tighter

"I love you Inuyasha!"

"I love you Kikyou."

~* fade in to another flashback*~

"Kikyou! Kikyou! Where are you?" He yelled over the gun fire and screaming people.

He looked in burning houses and in the woods. The Spanish Army were rampaging the small port because it housed pirates that were stealing gold from ships and ports. Inuyasha ran to find Kikyou yelling his name. Out of relief, he ran to her, but before they could reach each other, Kikyou stopped right in her tracks and whispered,

"Inuyasha?"

He stood in horror as blood was running out of her mouth. She fell with bullet wounds in her back. He yelled as he rushed to hold the women he loved. She was already dead in a pool of her own blood. He held her body as he too got shot, but being a hanyou, he didn't die.

Though he wanted too.

*~ End of flashback~*

There was a knock as his door.

"Captain? Can I come in?"

"Go away Miroku!" He growled.

Miroku slowly walked in.

"I thought I told you not to come in!" He grumbled.

"You finally saw it, didn't you?"

Miroku slowly sat beside him.

The captain growled.

"What? You noticed right away."

"Inuyasha, we've been friends for as long as I can remember."

Inuyasha grumbled, "You think you know me so well?"

"You are mad because she reminds you of Kikyou."

"Shut the hell up!"

Miroku put his hand on Inuyasha's shoulder.

"It's okay. I suspected this would happen."

Inuyasha then said softly,

"I don't know how I missed it till just a while ago I was watching her scrub the deck. She took her hair out of her bun, just like Kikyou, and she carries herself like Kikyou. I don't know how long I can have her on my ship."

"That's understandable, my friend, but don't take it out on her."

"It's my ship! I can do whatever I want!"

"Inuyasha! It's been 5 years since Kikyou died. You still aren't over her, are you?"

Inuyasha growled,

"Gee, I wonder."

Miroku sighed,

"This girl isn't Kikyou. She doesn't even act like her. She's a totally different person."

Inuyasha looked at him half mad, half comforted. But then stormed out the door saying,

"I know how to handle this!"

He grabbed Kagome's arm and yanked her up. He didn't care it she was totally up or not. He dragged her down into the galley.

"Get your friend to scrub the deck. You stay down here, Wench! Clean all these pots and pans."

He grabbed Sango with the same force and threw her up on deck. He walked up to Miroku and said.

"She doesn't look as much like Kikyou as I thought!"

Miroku nodded in an `I told you so' way.

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *

Kagome stood at the bow of the ship, feeling the evening sea breeze on her face. But she began to think about the captain. He was rude, mean, ruthless, merciless, violent, demanding--- He almost reminded her of a dictator. But earlier that day, when he grabbed her to look into her eyes, they were confused, scared, and some what gentle, but angry and frustrated. She didn't know what he was thinking, but it still worried her.

"Hey you! Who told you could leave underneath the deck!"

She heard him yell. She just ignored him and looked at the moon.

He grabbed her arm.

"What are you doing?"

Calmly she was smiling as she was looking up at the sky. She calmly said,

"I couldn't sleep so I came out here to look at the stars. I used to do this on the other ship. It always brought some kind of peace."

For a moment. They stood silent until he growled and began to pull. She stiffened.

"Please let me be! I need---"

"You need nothing! You are my prisoner! Not a guest! Don't leave that area until I tell you too! I'm the---"

Thunder sounded in the distance.

They both froze as they saw the moon disappear and a flash of lightning struck in the distance.

"Ahhh---That's not good---"Kagome said.

The Captain shot her a really angry look and growled. He let her go and ran to ring the bell.

"Storm coming! Everyone get your asses up here. NOW! Get up here!"

All the men scurried around the ship battening down the hatches.

Then as quick as they heard the second thunder crash, the wind started to pick up and the boat started to rock violently. Kagome ran to the middle of the ship until a huge wave knocked her over. She grabbed onto the railing of one of the stairways. It all happened so fast. Then something grabbed her.

"Sango-chan!"

"Hold on tight Kagome-chan!"

Wave after wave hit them as they held on to the railing and each other. Then something else grabbed them.

"Miroku-kun?"

Kagome yelled.

He threw both of the girls over his shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing?" Sango yelled.

"The ship is about to break apart, we are abandoning ship"

He tossed himself and them into a lifeboat. Suddenly the captain joined them.

Kagome smirked, "I thought the Captain was supposed to go down with his ship!"

He stared at her, "To hell with that!" He yelled. Then a very frightened Shippou jumped into Kagome's arms.

"Are you guys ready?" Miroku yelled as he was about to pull the rope.

"It's now or never!" Kagome yelled.

He pulled the ropes and they all yelled as the boast dropped about 40 ft to the water below. It almost felt like they hit cement. The men grabbed the oars and started to row away from the ship so when it sank, it wouldn't pull them down too. The captain watched as his ship went down, showing an emotionless face. Kagome stared at him without knowing it. They floated a drift, not to sure where the current would take them.

*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next morning, they all woke up to a big jolt. They found land and had washed up on shore with some debris and a few other life boats. 10 men drowned. Including Kagome and Sango only 8 lived. They fought whoever would wake up the captain. They played "Rock, Paper, Scissors". Kagome lost. She prepared herself for certain death.

"Captain?" She said quietly.

"Captain, we hit land and---"

"You have a lot of nerve waking me up, Wench!" He growled. He looked around.

"We hit land?"

Kagome shrugged and sighed. But the girls noticed that Miroku and the Captain stared at them. They looked down at their wet undergarments. They screamed and ran into the bushes. Everyone was laughing. The Captain and Miroku smiled at each other. Poor Shippou had no clue of the situation.

"What now, Captain?" One of the pirates asked.

"Well, first thing's first. We find a village or a port."

The girls stepped out in funny looking palm leaf and grass things to cover their unmentionables. All boys laughed. Sango and Kagome walked by the Captain and Miroku with their noses stuck up, making sure to bump them out of the way.

The captain yelled, "Watch what you are doing, Wench!"

Kagome yelled behind her, "AHHHHH! SHUP-UP!"

She continued to walk with Sango. Sango stopped and looked behind her at all the bewildered men.

"Come on men! Don't take all day!

There was no other way to go so the men followed the girls, Miroku ran up to walk by Kagome and Sango. The Captain fumed from not standing up to Kagome like he used too. It was too late now.

"Come on men."

He said with a really angry voice. He grumbled to himself

"That stupid wench! Who the hell does she think she is? She is---"