InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ Family Affair & a Close Call- ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I just read my last chapter and when Kagome goes to find Inuyasha, Quote:

"She had a gentle smile, but nothing could hide the smell of fear that she gave and she was trembling a bit. Thank God the water was just above waist level."

I underlined the phrase I find funny. I started to laugh so hard when I read it on the site!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was on the ground! But NO THAT"S NOT WHAT IT WAS IMPLYING! IT JUST SAYING THAT SHE DIDN"T KNOW HE WAS NAKED NOR WOULD SHE WANT TOO AT THIS POINT! I'm NOT A HENTAILOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! I can't stop laughing!

That reminds me. Some people said that he was a perv, well I have one thing to say… He's a guy! I've had more guy friends- not boyfriends- but guyfriends then galfriends… And they always feel comfortable enough around me to share with me secrets of the male mind…And believe me they - even innocent guys- share some really… hentai… feelings. LOL. I'm sugar coating what they've told me….LOL! And Inuyasha is around 18-20-ish in this story.

So I beg you, kissing all your feet, don't think I'm hentai… In fact I'm one of the prudest people you could meet, I just write what I believe would really happen. It doesn't mean I'm like that! By the way, I'm not yelling I'm pleading.

But I'm Starting a thank you/ Answer thing. If you want me to reply to your review, please review on the last chapter. I like to reply to stuff cause I love you guys so much, so here we go-

FluffyKawaiiInu (and everyone else who asked) - I'm sorry I'm not gonna tell you what happens 117 & 118 CAUSE I WANT YOU TO SEE IT! LOL I will tell you that Inuyasha doesn't die, of course. From what I hear, we aren't even half way through the magna and there is a new magna in the magazine…. (something) Sunday, every week, but still, you will cry, all I have to say is POOR KOUGA! But thank you for the review!

Kenkaya- I love your reviews! They are so deep and I like that point you made about how when Inuyasha did…. You know… without knowing it himself, he in a way got raped. I soooooooo loved that point! It's very helpful actually! And I was just wondering if you were saying I was using "Fangirl" Japanese. But thank you!

Ladyspice- I'm glad someone else has seen 117 & 118! And if you want info on the status of upcoming fansubbs coming out, most of the subs 105- now is done by "FangirlFriday", so goto their website, http://fangirlfriday.org also you can get the latest episodes from there!

Betsy- Yes As a matter of fact I am Christian! I'm non-denominational Biblical Christian, meaning unless it's proven in the Bible, I don't believe in it. I'll goto churches of any denomination, but if anything goes against what the bible says, I either talk to the pastor or leave. My preferred church of choice is Calvary Chapel. I study the Bible pretty hard and in fact did a Bible study about the Nephailem. There's also a really cool Christian Sci-Fi book called "The Nephailem" Pretty creepy, but yeah, meza Christian! AINO WA KIRISUTO YESU!

-Black Heart4- Thank you and Yah, more and more stuff keeps coming up in what little brain I have. I have a few events coming up bouncing around in my mind, just trying to find out when to put them!

TeenWitch1- Isn't that a gorgeous song? Def Leppard has been my fav band since I was 5. I have all their songs (around 150)memorized, but I'm talking about my new music video. The song is "Long Long Way to Go (Before I Can Say Goodbye to You). It's about Inuyasha Still having feelings for Kikyou, knowing he has to let go and knowing he has to move on, very beautiful song!

And thank you all for your support and reviews! I'm trying to please everyone, but I still worry about the youkai Inuyasha chapter… But I guess it will make things more intense, but on with the story!

Chapter12: Family Affair & a Close Call-

A few days on the sea calmed everybody's nerves, though too everyone's surprise, the captain wants to chase down Kouga's ship too get the treasure map. He was determined. Kagome noticed that when he talked about it, it sounded like it was life and death, not a selfish want. Within a week, Inuyasha had turned from an abusive jerk to a loving protector, from cocky and confident to almost unsure, from selfish to kind. Kagome kept repeating all the major events that have happened in her head. Life was more confusing then ever. Then her lips started to tingle when she remembered when he was lightly touching his lips to hers and whispered,

`I love you'

She walked to the bow of the she and looked over the endless horizon of water. Why did he tell her that? He was very open about his feelings for her. Did he expect her to stay with him despite of the deal? What was she going to do? She never wanted to leave him, but yet, she couldn't leave her family to worry about her. But did she love Inuyasha? Did…

"What are you doing?" Sango interrupted her thoughts.

Kagome smiled and replied,

"Just thinking about Inuy… The Captain."

"You know his real name?"

"Yes, But no one else is to know. Has Miroku told you?"

"No. Does he know?"

Kagome panicked, but she didn't want to lie to her best friend.

"Miroku knows, But the Captain probably swore him to secrecy."

"Oh, and you don't need to tell me. But it seems like you've been confused lately, what's going on. Is it the captain?"

Kagome nodded and said,

"When I searched him out after he was full youkai, he…he…"

"He what?"

"He told me he …loved me…" She whispered.

Sango covered her mouth and gasped then asked,

"Do you love him?"

"I know we've have out wonderfully romantic moments and all, but I promised I wouldn't say `I love you' to a guy unless I wanted him to be my husband." She said softly.

"But do you love him? You know no matter how much you try, you can't help yourself to love someone."

"Why? Do you love Miroku?" Kagome said with a smart alic look on her face. Sango blushed and fidgeted while saying,

"Maybe."

Kagome laughed at her. After a moment of silence, Kagome said,

"I feel like I'm in the safest place in the world when I'm in his arms. I feel so weak at his touch. I sleep full nights and wake up happy and refreshed when I sleep by his side…"

Sango didn't know whither to be happy or sad. But Kagome started to have tears run down her cheeks and said,

"But in just a few weeks, He has to return us to our family. But… Even after seeing him at his worst… I don't want to leave his side."

"I feel the same for Miroku. It's just our luck that we fell in love with pirates, huh?"

"When Kagome smiled at her, Sango knew the answer she wanted. Sango felt bad for her.

"Sango-san, Kagome-sama! The captain wants a word with all of the crew.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagome stood at the Captain's side as he looked over the map.

"We are going to port at San Angelo to stock up on supplies, now we're going to have to st…"

"…**Kagome clears her throat**

The captain sometimes found Kagome's virtues annoying, but she was more important, but he still had a little annoyance under his voice when he continued,

"…Okay… Purchase some supplies for our voyage to Isle Del quarto Almas."

Kagome swallowed really hard and asked,

"You know what that means?"

Inuyasha gave a cocky half smile and said,

"Well, M'lady, I very well can't be a good pirate without knowing Español. It means `Island of the 4 souls.'"

Kagome just smiled. He was still looking for the jewel. But for what? Samuel used his charcoal and compass to re calculate the charter route from San Angelo to Isle Del Quarto Alamas (I do know conversational Spanish BTW).

"Well, Sango and I have to go fix supper for you gentlemen, May we take our leave, Captain?"

Kagome politely asked, in what Inuyasha found adorable, Japanese accent. He smiled and nodded. She bowed and said,

"Domo arigato gozaimasu, senchou-sama (Thank you very much, Captain)" And she and Sango left.

All the men smiled at the captain.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome was in a daze while she was preparing the food. Thank God her subconscious mind knew what to do. Did he really love her, or was it just somehow a gentle lust that he thought was love? And next time that he'd turn into a youkai, would he kill her? For some reason the thought of leaving him was worse too think about. Sango couldn't help but to notice her friend's blank expression. She too, was in a bit of a daze about Miroku. She admitted to herself that she was in love with him, but she wouldn't tell him. It'd make it harder to leave. She also was happy that Miroku didn't imply sex, he totally respected her. She sincerely thanked God for it. Kagome went topside to ring the bell, but the whole crew was already in front of the galley door. Then Charley said in a very guilty voice,

"We smelt the food…"

All Kagome could do was smile and show them inside.

Kagome sat by the captain. He gave her a loving gaze and she gushed, her face bright red. Sango and Miroku giggled, though not in any different of a position. But something unexpected happened. Accidentally, Kagome dropped some butter on the captain's lap. She quickly apologized. She got nervous when he gave a mischievous grin.

`Oh No!' she said in her mind.

With a smile, he took his finger and wiped gravy down her face. Everyone, including him, chuckled. They looked down the table to see that Miroku did the same to Sango.

"Food fight!" Paul yelled.

Right then food was flying everywhere, people where stuffing other's faces into their plates, the captain got gravy in Sango's hair. Sango chased him around with the whole friggin' gravy boat! Miroku dumped a pitcher of grog (Pirate's version of ale) over Kagome's head. This continued for a good hour.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The whole crew was worn out. The captain, ordered that all crew members, including himself, clean the galley and themselves. The galley and themselves were the cleanest things on the ship. Kagome laid on the captain's bed. She looked up at the ceiling, which had a mural of ships and wind and clouds and beautiful scenery. She thought about her life. How many places she'd been to. In just 16 years of her life. Japan, China, every country that was on the African coastline, England, France, St Augustine (Florida), then for the past 3 weeks, sailing around the Caribbean Sea with Captain Hanyou and his crew. She never did find out his last name.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha whispered as he entered his quarters.

Kagome just smile with a little "Mmh" of recognition. Inuyasha smiled and sat at her side.

"What are you doing?"

She smiled and said,

"Just thinking about what kind of life I've led. I've been to at least 20 countries and **yawn**"

Inuyasha yawned too. Pesky contagious yawns! After starring into each other's eyes, Inuyasha smiled as he beheld "his angel", but then the smile faded as he realized something. He couldn't give Kagome up. For anything or to anyone…Even her family. But what about her? She hasn't returned his `I love you', but she was young and unsure. He would die for her. He NEEDED her. He needed the jewel.

"Kagome?"

"Yes, Inuyasha?"

"Are you happy with me?"

Kagome smiled and put her hand on his, nervous of what he was going to say. But she replied,

"Yes, very much so."

The Inuyasha kissed her hand and looked into her eyes,

"If your Father breaks the deal, would you stay with me, or go on your own with Sango."

"Are you inviting me to stay with you?"

Inuyasha blushed and smiled,

"Pretty much, M'lady."

Kagome got a knot in her stomach. He just, in a round about way, told her he wanted her to stay. She was torn. She knew she wanted to stay with him, but wanted to be with her family. She pictured her mother crying every night over her safety. She gave a sad look that Inuyasha misinterpreted.

"I should go now."

"Inuyasha! Wait!"

Inuyasha walked out of the quarters without a word. Kagome rolled over. Thinking really hard.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha stared over the sea. Was he a fool? Did he fall in love with someone who didn't love him back? Is Kagome too young to understand? No, she was 16, a lot of his family and friends married at 16. His grandfather and grandmother on his human mother's side married at 17 and are still happily married. Marriage? Was he seriously thinking about marriage? He knew Kagome wouldn't stay with him otherwise. But would her family except him? His thoughts were interrupted by arms around his waist and a head leaning on his shoulder blade.

"I'd stay with you."

Was all she said. He turned around to look at her. Not until he got the jewel and after the government meeting would he ask her to stay for good. He looked into her eyes then embraced her. They held eachother in the evening's sunlight and the cool sea breeze gentley dancing around them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*

They docked at San Angelo just after dawn. Kagome and Sango were sent to the market to get food and a dress each. They dressed in disguises so they wouldn't be recognized, not like they wanted to be or anything. The men were tempted to pillage the beautiful port town, but kept their composure. Inuyasha would discreetly follow Kagome around, trying to keep himself calm when a man would bow or tip his hat. For some odd reason, it seemed the men in this town had a fascination with Asian women. Inuyasha trusted Kagome and went to the local pub to have a drink or two.

Kagome and Sango went into the local import ladies' shop. They had elaborate ballroom type gowns that Kagome remembered she would wear at royal balls and diplomatic events. She was looking for something a bit more affordable and comfortable. She was unaware she was closely being watched. After Kagome and Sango got their new dresses, they were stopped by a tall beautiful man in white formal wear and white hair to his knees. Kagome also found he had amber eyes. His features were eerily common to her hanyou captain.

In a mono-toned, extremely low voice he said, "Excuse me ladies."

Kagome saw his nose move. He just sniffed them as he went by. They looked at eachother and shrugged before they heard a women scream and a loud disturbance down a few buildings. Sango and Kagome panicked as they followed the commotion. It was in the pub. They ran inside to find the place in shambles. No one was dead, but all except for 6 men, were either unconscious or seriously injured. All of a sudden the whole pub went silent as they saw the 2 steaming women stand right inside the entrance with their hands on their hips. Inuyasha had someone up by their collar, Miroku had someone in a headlock, and Charley, Samuel, Paul and Henry just stood and stared at them. Everyone dropped their victims and walked out of the pub, trying to avoid the looks of the extremely angry women.

"You look nice, my love." Miroku quickly said, dodging Sango.

Inuyasha looked at Kagome. She was wearing her new dress. She had her face scrunched up with one brow arched. Inuyasha thought she looked absolutely adorable and beautiful. He didn't know whether to be scared or smile. He carefully walked around them. The girls followed them out but bumped into the man they saw earlier.

"You are Higurashi Kagome, right?" He asked in Japanese.

Kagome and Sango looked at him with horror but lied,

"I'm sorry, you have the wrong people."

She smiled and tried to go around him, but he grabbed her arm. She gave him a cold look while trying to pull herself away.

"You can't lie to me. You smell like your father."

Kagome tried to pull away and snapped,

"How dare you grab a lady in such a matter you…What did you say?"

He then said coldly,

"You smell like Sir Higurashi. He told…"

"Sesshomaru! Let go of her!"

Inuyasha jumped out in front of Kagome.

Sesshomaru flatly said,

"Oh look who it is! Hello, brother!"

Kagome and Sango said in unison,

"Brother?"

Then Miroku corrected them,

"Half brother, actually. Sesshomaru is full youkai".

Sesshomaru eyed Inuyasha, who as usual had that cocky, confident look on his face. All of a sudden, Sesshomaru ran off, Inuyasha hot on his trail,

"Get back here, bastard!"

Kagome chased after them, Sango followed, so did everyone else.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~***~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They arrived right between the jungle and town to see Inuyasha and Sesshomaru in a full out fight. Kagome had never seen Inuyasha move like he did. He bounced off stuff like he was made of rubber; He jumped in at least 40 ft bounds. His brother had the same abilities. Kagome stared in awe as she watched her gentleman caller fight in ways no human could. Then he drew Tetsuaiga. Miroku told the girls too stand back. Sesshomaru drew out Toukijin (the fang of the demon that broke Tetsuaiga in the anime).

"What's that sword?" Sango asked Miroku, himself protectively in front of the girls.

"That sword is the only sword that is of any matched to Tessaiga, except it can't…"

Kagome then asked,

"Can't do what?"

Miroku saw Inuyasha raise his sword. He pushed the girls back a bit.

"Kaze no Kizu!" Inuyasha shouted

Kagome stared in wonder as 5 streaks of what looked like bright yellow fire, spread out toward Sesshomaru, who barely escaped it.

"You disgusting half-breed! You are a disgrace to the family!"

"At least I don't wear father's skin like a fashion accessory!"

Kagome was confused, and then Sango said,

"It is tradition in Youkai families that the oldest son wears the father's pelt."

"The Captain's father had fur?"

"Yes."

"Well, if the captain's father had fur then… He was really a DOG youkai!"

Miroku explained more as the battle between brothers continued.

"A youkai's true form is the youkai it's self, but they can take human form, and sometimes they fall in love with humans."

"So the captain's brother really looks like a dog?"

"Yep, a 30 ft to the withers, dog (withers is the bump between the shoulders. Usually dogs, horses, ect are measure by the height from the ground to the withers, not the top of the head… FYI, LOL).

Kagome gasped,

"And the captain?"

"Oh, he's in his true form."

They watched as huge flashes of light illuminated when the swords would strike eachother. But then Lawmen on horseback showed up. Sesshomaru stopped the fight. Kagome ran to Inuyasha and hid behind him. Sesshomaru sneered at Inuyasha.

"Have you really sunk that low as to train and brainwash your hostages?"

But unlike Kagome, Sango stood in front of the rest of the crew, demanding them to stay back. This was 100% against their pirate nature, but these women were too high strung to argue with, not to mention they were the captain and 1st mate's girls.

"Governor, do you want use to arrest these thieves?"

The General of the troop asked.

"Governor?" Kagome asked

Sesshomaru mounted an all white Pasa Fino (Spanish breed) horse. Three guards tried to sneak up on Inuyasha Till Kagome stomped in front of the Captain and Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru sneered at her as the General said in a happy voice.

"Come, M'lady, your father is anxious for your return. She heard Sango scream. 2 guards were trying to pry Miroku and Sango apart, Sango in tears. Kagome stood up straight and said,

"I demand you let them go at once, General!"

The general looked at her confused,

"Beg your pardon, M'lady?"

"Kagome…" The Inuyasha said threw his teeth.

"Shut-Up!" Snapped at him. Sesshomaru and the generaland everyone else looked at eachother in shock. She continued,

"As a diplomat, my father should be full aware to follow through with negotiations!"

"But, M'lady! This pirate… these men…"

"What about them?"

Inuyasha watched Kagome as she acted like a true, strong leader.His jaw dropped.

The guard looked at Inuyasha and he shrugged.

"M'lady, these roughens are all charged with countless offenses, they need to be in our custody."

Then Sesshomaru commanded,

"Ignore the girl and arrest them!"

"How dare you! I thought you were in politics, besides, you know about the law that will be discussed, correct?"

Sesshomaru started to surround her on his horse,

"I'm full and well aware of it!"

"But you are full youkai!"

The general tried to speak, but Kagome said firmly,

"As a diplomat, my father has to follow through on the agreement! You will see Sango and I at the meeting!"

"But, M'lady… You father…"

"Tell my father I'm doing fine and that it's his fault I'm this stubborn!"

A few people chuckled at that. The general tried to move his horse, but Kagome forcefully grabbed the bridal.

Sesshomaru said,

"If you wish, we can arrest you too."

Then Kagome went straight up to his horse.

"Kagome!"

"Not now!!!!!!! Captain!"

Sesshomaru looked down at her with a cold, high and mighty look but that didn't stop Kagome from her roll.

"You are wrong, sir, you can't arrest me because my father represents another country! Diplomatic Immunity. I call it now!"

"But what about these roughens?"

Kagome walked up to the general and whispered in his ear. Not even Inuyasha could hear. Then the General commanded them to let them go. Everyone was awfully curious as to what Kagome said.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha was curious. Kagome looked at him and stuck her nose in there air while walking away.

"You heard what he said! Let them go!" Kagome said sternly.

They all gathered around Kagome, the captain at her side. Sesshomaru then said,

"I will report to your father and family you are doing well, but I'm not sure Lord Naraku will be as pleased."

Kagome shot a look at him and said in almost a panic,

"Naraku? What does he have anything to do with this?"

Sesshomaru just rode off, the small army following them. Kagome became pale and started to feel queasy. Sango ran to her side.

"Don't worry, M'lady!"

Inuyasha looked angry and asked,

"Who the hell is Naraku?"

Kagome leaned on Sango. Sango then replied,

"Not a good man. He's awful ad has had his eye on Kagome since she was around 13.

"That pervert!" Inuyasha said as he picked up Kagome and placed her on his back.

"Inuyasha?" She weakly said.

She must have been worn out from that performance she just gave. Inuyasha squeezed her hands after they her clamped around his neck.

`Whoever this Naraku is, he will never lay one finger on Kagome,"

He started too bound off back to the ship,

`She's mine!'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~***~*~*~*~*

Kagome tried to avoid Inuyasha, afraid that he was mad at her. She sat at the back of the ship, looking down.

"Kagome?" He said as he came up from behind her.

"I'm sorry." She squeaked.

"What for?" He asked in shock.

"For back there. I probably embarrassed you quite a bit- being the `most dangerous, evil, infamous pirate in the world' and all order you around and…"

Inuyasha took her chin to look into his eyes.

"I do admit it will take a bit for my pride to recover, but you saved everybody's lives today. They might get just a prison sentence, but I have a reward for me dead or alive…preferably dead."

Kagome looked away, but the Inuyasha asked,

"What did you tell the general?"

Kagome's stomach got tide into knots.

"Well, let me tell you everything, because I need your help…"

"You told him that you'd set up a trap, didn't you?"

"That's why I need your help! How are we going to do this? I'm sorry! It was the first thing to come to mind… I…"

"Are you outta your bloody mind!?"

Kagome shut up right away and froze.

"Do you realize how many lawmen are going to be there? There will be royal guards of all the countries involved, not too mention local authorities!"

"They would have been there anyway with your deal with my father and plus the plan is not prepared! They'd have to talk to me after my father has me back! So you can get away."

She saw the look on his face. She realized what she had said and she touched his face.

"If anything happened to you, I couldn't live with myself."

He looked at her caring eyes. But he had another though in his head,

`I'd rather get captured and die then leave without you.'

He then asked,

"Who is Naraku?"

Kagome looked out to the sea and growled,

"The sickest, most evil- more evil than you- no offense…"

"None taken"

"…But he's had his eyes on me for ages. At A Royal ball in England, he filled up my dance card and I had to dance with him for hours. When he touches me, I felt this evil presence about him and he looks me up and down and…"

"Is he ugly or something?"

Kagome blushed and said,

"Not exactly, but he has a very very ugly heart. Plus I think you are better looking."

Inuyasha smiled and jabbed her in the rib, making her scream, then laugh.

"That makes feel a whole lot better, but…"

Kagome looked at him as he said,

"He might as well accept the fact that he will never touch you again."

She didn't know what he meant, though she had an idea but all thoughts scattered when he gave her a super deep kiss. She sank into his arms and held onto him, letting his kiss take control over her mouth and neck.

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_ *_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*__*

Sorry it took forever. I forgot my sister and very bestest best friend stops by on their way back from Green Valley TX, where they train to go on a mission trip. This year it was Peru. In 2 years I hope to goto Japan. She talked to some missionaries (it doesn't matter what denomination, but you really have to be on fire for God) that came back from Okinawa. She took a picture of a girl in silk kimono! But she got "The best evangelizer". Probably cause she's fantastic a speaking Spanish. I only took 2 and a half years.

About my music video, right now it looks sooooooooo Inuyasha+Kikyou, but as the song progresses, I think that with change

But that's why I got delayed! I should get the chapters up every -every other- day now, but hope you liked it!

Till next time… KUDOS!!!!!!!