InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ The Report and Inuyasha’s Past- ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I'm now doing the reviewer responses at the bottom. Makes everything easier. I'm sorry about the blank links. I don't think Word likes copy/paste much. But the link is-

geocities.com/sailorxproductionstudio ("http" left off for a good reason. Just copy/paste)

There's also a new page called "Project Music". You can listen to the music that I'm going to use for future or current projects. Right now you can listen to the song I'm using for the music video I'm working on and the song I'm basing my new Inuyasha songfic on. Just Click on the "Project Music" link on the Index page... And don't forget to…

PLEASE SIGN MY GUESTBOOK OR E-MAIL ME!

On with the story-

Chapter 14: The Report and Inuyasha's Past-

Sesshomaru walked in dignified stature, dressed in all white, down the plank onto the dock. There awaited officials waiting to escort him and his waiting wife, Rin, to the Parliament to meet with the others awaiting the news on Kagome and Sango. Rin greeted him eagerly,

"Welcome back Sesshomaru-sama!" she exclaimed as she bowed. Sesshomaru gave her a solemn smile, an embrace and a kiss,

"Thank you my love. I missed you."

He said in an almost mono-toned, but honest voice. She smiled and hung onto his arm. He smiled down at her.

"Sir, the Governor and the others are awaiting us."

A young man in his early 20's said as he saluted.

Sesshomaru nodded and took Rin's hand,

"Come, my dear, I've got important engagements to attend."

Rin just smiled at her sweet, beautiful husband as he helped her into the carriage.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mr. Higurashi paced in front of Naraku's desk. Naraku just watched him until he said,

"Higurashi-sama."

Mr. Higurashi looked at the annoyed look on Naraku's face and stood still, but said,

"I'm sorry, sir, I'm just…"

"Anxious to hear about Kagome-sama, as am I."

Mr. Higurashi asked,

"Are you going to execute that Silver Hanyou character when we catch him?"

Naraku rose and smiled as he looked out the window.

"Don't worry, Higurashi-sama, He'll get what's coming to him. That fiend had my future bride. I won't tolerate any…"

"Excuse me sirs,"

A young man in blue said as he saluted,

"Lord Sesshomaru has arrived."

Mr. Higurashi was anxious but knew as a gentleman, he'd have to keep composure. He looked at Naraku, who looked calm, but had an anxious aura around him. Yes, Mr. Higurashi planned for Naraku to be Kagome's husband. He's powerful and strong. That's what his daughter deserved.

Sesshomaru almost glided as he walked toward Gov. Naraku and Mr. Higurashi. The General that was present for the encounter of the Captain/ Kagome was right behind Sesshomaru.

"Well? What's the news on my daughter?"

Mr. Higurashi asked with sad, pleading eyes.

The general smiled and said,

"She perfectly fine. She was…"

Sesshomaru cut in.

"Don't hide the truth from Mr. Higurashi, General."

The general blinked twice.

"Sir?"

He was quite confused.

Sesshomaru continued.

"As expected, your daughter is in ragged conditions. She's dressed in rags, in chains and looked like she had a black eye."

Mr. Higurashi stumbled back while Naraku growled,

"Then why didn't you do something about it?"

Sesshomaru had a, "As a matter of fact" tone to his voice.

"Because it's going to be much easier if we wait for him here."

The general looked at the pained looks of Mr. Higurashi and Gov. Naraku.

"That was a bad excuse, Sesshomaru."

Naraku billowed as he sneered.

It didn't faze Sesshomaru in the slightest bit. He decided to deepen the wound for his brother.

"But I'm not the one to tell half- truths. I don't mean to worry you, but he also has a reputation of taking advantage of women, some say he ra…"

"Don't! No more!"

Mr. Higurashi pleaded as he held his head. Naraku closed his fists and said,

"I want him dead! Got that? And if he shows up here alive, plan for an execution. He better not have touched MY Kagome."

"I'll do the best that I can, sir."

Sesshomaru said very coolly.

"You better as you will be killed with all the rest of the youkai scum of the earth!" Naraku yelled.

"Yes, sir," Sesshomaru sneered, "and I'm sorry you had to hear about the horrible conditions your daughter is…"

Mr. Higurashi waved his hand and slowly started to walk away. Naraku walked up to Sesshomaru.

"Do you think He'll make the right choice now?"

The general was quite confused, but Sesshomaru dismissed him before turning back to Naraku.

"I don't now if this is enough to get him to change his vote. Humans tend to have large hearts for loved ones. But at least this guarantees a death for Inuyasha."

Naraku looked at the direction Mr. Higurashi went.

"I may not be human, but Kagome belongs to me. Make sure that stupid brother of yours doesn't lay a finger on her!"

Sesshomaru sneered at him before turning around, saying,

"Half brother."

~**~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome laid in bed next to Inuyasha. She couldn't sleep. The meeting was only 3 days away. They had to postpone the treasure hunt till after then, but she had an uneasy feeling. If anything was going to separate her from Inuyasha, it would happen then. She dreaded that day. She was in a tight position. She wanted to run away with Inuyasha, but not only would her family miss her, Inuyasha and her would be hunted down till death,and if he showed up with her, he'd be arrested and put to death! She began to sweat, but she heard Inuyasha do a high pitched groan then growl. She looked over at him. He was twitching and making little noises. She covered her mouth, trying not to laugh.

`He's dreaming! He sounds just like a dog!'

She giggled in her mind. But then he calmed down and sighed. Kagome just watched him sleep. She didn't see how someone as plain as her caught the heart of such a man. She wasn't beautiful, she wasn't glamorous, and she wasn't even fit to be a subject of a painting. Artists told her she was to plain and they needed prettier women. But look at her now. She was lying in the same bed as a beautiful silver-haired half dog youkai. He was beyond description in her mind. He had very soft features for a rough n' tumble pirate. But she was a Lady, a courtier of the royal court. She never liked to think of herself so high and mighty though. Inuyasha began to moan, but this time she could tell he began a nightmare. He began to sweat and his eyebrows furrowed. Kagome debated whether to wake him up or not. But then her heart fell when she heard him started to whisper.

"…Kikyou…Kikyou! My love! I… Kik…you!..."

Kagome started to wonder whether he was having a nightmare or not. She felt angry. She felt jealous. In a furry, she grabbed her robe and walked on deck. Luckily, twilight started to show on the horizon.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Inuyasha woke up with a smile and reached over to hug and kiss Kagome, but he grabbed blankets and kissed a pillow. He almost had a sense of panic. He ran out to on deck and had a sigh of relief. She was at the bow of the ship, in her robe and her hair surrounding her as the sea breeze danced around her. She looked beautiful. He quietly walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist while putting his nose in her neck, inhaling her scent in while moaning,

"Why are up out here so early my…"

All of a sudden Kagome tugged out of his embrace and brushed right pasted him. He was very confused. He rushed to step right in front of her.

"What's the matter, Kagome?"

Miroku was with Sango, Charley and Paul having a conversation when he started to hear Inuyasha's panic with Kagome's mood. He began to watch them…

Kagome tried to dodge him, but he was too fast. Finally he took her by her shoulders and said,

"Tell me what the hell's wrong with you!"

She looked at him shocked for a second but then quickly yanked herself out of his grip while yelling,

"Who's Kikyou?"

Inuyasha felt like an arrow shot through his heart (no pun intended, lol). Kagome saw the expression on his face, but she continued.

"Who is she, huh? You were saying her name last night!

`Kikyou! Kikyou! My love!'"

Miroku quickly got up and raced over.

Inuyasha was speechless as he watched Kagome's anger and hurt, then she gave him "her look". The one even when he was heartless almost sent him hiding. He felt faint. Then he saw Miroku reach around Kagome and take her by the shoulders, leading her away

"Com'on Kagome-sama… Come with me, I'll explain."

Inuyasha watched as she stared at him till they went under. Depressed and scared, Inuyasha dragged himself into his quarters.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~**~*~**~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~* *~*~*~*~*~****~~*~*~**~~*~*~*~*~*~

Miroku sat Kagome on his bed beside him. Kagome had tears running down her cheeks as she was hyperventilating.

"Kagome-sama, calm down, let me explain."

She was comforted that he was speaking in Japanese. It's been so long since she's heard it and finally she'd be able to speak in it again

"What? Was she his favorite whore at the whore house?" She sneered

"Kagome-sama… Kikyou was Inuyasha's first love."

"Huh? What happened? Am I just a counq…"

"She was killed…"

Kagome quickly looked up,

"What?"

Miroku's tone of voice became kind of sad.

"Let me tell you more about Inuyasha an…"

"Did you know her?"

"Yah, Inuyasha's been my best friend since I was 9. He was 8."

"Oh… Sorry… Please continue."

Miroku started to explain,

"We became friends on a ship while my parents and his mother immigrated from Japan. I don't quite remember how we got here, but when Inuyasha and I were about 11 years old, we arrived here in America. We lived on an island near where the pirate's cove is. It was a very beautiful little town. We became a major port on a trade route, so we got visited by pirates a lot, but they never pillaged our town, in fact a few started families there. But we always wanted to become cabin boys, but his mother died when he was 12. One day, he was still mourning, a girl named Kikyou asked him what was wrong and after bugging him, he finally shared all his feelings. They began `courting' when they where 13. He purposed to her when he was 15. After some convincing from his father… any father would need convincing to let their daughter marry a dog hanyou…"

He got a tiny chuckle out of her.

"… They were set to be married on her 16th birthday. But…"

Kagome's stomach started to churn.

"But…?"

Miroku's voice got quieter,

"The night before the wedding, Spanish soldiers attacked the village to wipe out the pirates and their families because they were pillaging all the Spanish trade ships."

Kagome started to stare at him as his face became pained.

"Inuyasha told me that because of the tradition of not seeing your bride the day before the wedding, that night, they were separated. He got burnt a few times looking in burning buildings and houses, but then he was relieved to see her. But…**gulp** as they ran for eachother, Kikyou got shot 6 times in the back."

Kagome covered her mouth with both hands and a different kind of tears began to fall. Miroku continued,

"He said by the time he got to her, she was dead in a puddle of her own blood. Inuyasha held her body, crying for the first time in his life, till they shot him 3 times and he laid there with Kikyou's body, playing dead until they left."

Kagome was in shock and pale. She asked,

"Where were you?"

"Being the best man, I had to go get my suit, but I had to hide. The next morning, I found Inuyasha, his face was tear-stained and his clothes and hair were caked with blood. He was lying, asleep on a fresh grave. Kikyou's grave. I thought he was dead at first, but when I got close, he woke up and began to growl at me."

Kagome was speechless. She felt like slime. Worse then scum. Miroku could read that on her face. He put his arm around her and said,

"It's okay! You didn't know! How could have you?!"

She looked at him and asked,

"Then what happened?"

"He went off the deep end and took me along with him. We wanted to be pirates since we were kids, but I never took it seriously. Before I knew it, we stole the first ship we could get our hands on, and sailed away to pursue the occupation of piracy. But he was a total nutcase… He had no morals whatsoever, he killed men with no regret, he'll steal, the first time he became youkai was on our second pillage. That almost sent me into shock, but even not being a youkai, he was totally out of control. He was heartless and out of control… That is… until you came."

"So what he was... was because of the death of Kikyou?"

"Well, got triggered by it and fueled it, but then his ego began to help."

After about 2 minutes of total silence, she looked up at him and said,

"I'm going to him know."

Miroku smiled. Kagome got up, but felt something on her rear. She looked down at Miroku with, "the look" He sheepishly smiled and she back-handed him before storming off.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*

Inuyasha was curled up on the bed. He didn't know how to feel, he just felt numb. Then he heard the door open. Kagome stood there with a tear-stained face. She looked deep into his pained eyes. Then she ran as fast as she could with tears pouring,

"Inuyasha!"

He sat up just in time to catch her in his arms. She held him tightly repeating,

"Gomen ne! Gomen ne!"

He held her just as tight, silent tears falling from his eyes every few minutes, Kagome sobbed as she nuzzled him. She now understood why she was so important to him. He did need her! She needed him. She would do everything in her will to stay with him.

`I'm going to stay with Inuyasha…Forever…'

She thought in her mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***`~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the short chapter!

REVEIWER TIME!

Remember, if you want a reply to your review, please review on the last chapter published. I will try to get all your questions answered and reviews replied. I love you all and I'm so happy you care about me! Here we go.

DJ- Thank you sooooooooo much and I hurry updates as much as I can! At least every other day is what I shoot for1

Dragoon-Yue: Thank you and I know it's hard trying to explain to people the difference between Youkai and Biblical demons. And yah it takes guts to write about God, but **shrug** I'm brave

Jesse the Wolf Demon: I know! I love Kouga too, but I love drama. I knew at least someone would get me for that, but I tried to make up for it by doing that comical bit. **shrug** sorry and I hope know you know why he's such a love-sick puppy. I get carried away with fluff… I know it.

LilNezumi LilInu: Thanks girlie-girl! I try to update as soon as I can!

HakUyOUkaI: Uh-oh, another Kouga fan. I know I know! But he's the only one to fit that character. About the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean", I'm going to try to get my hubby to go see it with me. We'll see!

Josie: Don't worry Girlie! Keep the faith!

Tevrah: You really like it That much! Yippee! I will!

Dawnfire3: Thank you! Yah, being a bored housewife really leaves room for imagination. I have so many ideas! Thanks for reading!

Saria: **jumps back** Okay okay okay! I will! **goes for cover, beginning to type the next chapter**

Liliana Moon: YAY! I'm so happy you love it!

FanFicFanatic: Don't be so impatient! LOL! Everyone should know by now I don't give stuff away. You'll just have to keep reading! Muhahahahahahahahahah, ** looks around and sits back down**

Elven Mischief: Thanks for the sympathy! My sun burn is healing actually quite painlessly, unless my baby daughter racks her nails down my arm! ITAAAAAAAAA!

Sabril: I know! Word sucks! But the link is on top of this page. I've learnt my lesson!

Jazzy: I'm sooooooooooo glad you like my videos! My sister and best friend laughed at my Lion King one! They said it was just so corny and it was hilarious when all of a sudden that dog youkai tried to pounce on Kagome. They thought it was a rat (Huh?) and it didn't match the song (nerds).They aren't Inuyasha fans. At least someone appreciates me!

Andray& Detective CJ: when I read that part after it got published, it made me laugh really hard! I even forgot I wrote it!