InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome and the Pirate Captain, The Silver Hanyou (old version) ❯ Power of Love. ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hey guys! HEHEHEHE I can't believe you guys don't faith in me. A few quick notes then on with the story

#1: Both Kappei Yamaguchi (Inuyasha's voice) songs can be found on the front page of my homepage. The link can be found on my profile.

#2: I have people saying they've been having trouble with my "Bring Me to Life" IY video. Well, the bandwidth on that account is screwy. If you are taken to the Angelfire "error page" Actually read it. It's probably "This site is suspended" and it tells you how long till it's up. It means the bandwidth went over the limit and they put it offline for a bit.

Also all my videos are in Windows Media Video (.wmv) format. You need Windows media player to play it. You can get it at Microsoft.com. If there are any more problems, just e-mail me.

And I'm on another bout of "I gotta play "Predilection" over and over and over…LOL"

On with the story-

Chapter 18: Power of Love-

Sango paced back and forth on the deck with her arms crossed in a fury of worry.

"It's been too long, Miroku, please get them. They need help. He's probably ready by now. Please go!"

She pleaded for the 300th time to Miroku. Finally Miroku gave in.

"Ok, my love. I will return with them, all right?"

She smiled and hugged him, pulling him into a kiss before saying,

"Please be careful. Please?"

Miroku gave her a confident smirk as he jumped over the side into the row boat,

"No worries, Love"

She looked over side, watching as he lowered himself into the water. Then he rowed toward the island. When he arrived, he snuck into town, trying to find the prison. Then he heard somebody coming his way,

"Did you here they executed the Silver Hanyou?"

"You are kidding! How'd they catch him?"

"I actually don't know that, but at least we don't have to worry about him anymore. Just one of Satan's minions going back to hell where he belongs."

Miroku got scared.

"Dammit! If only they knew!"

He panicked,

"Doshiou (What should I do)?"

Then he got an idea. He crept around behind fences and walls. He found a bottle. Now all he needed was, oh, there's one!

He snuck up behind a constable. He looked around his own physique, so he broke the bottle over the constable's head, taking his clothes. After putting them on, he found another constable.

"Excuse me, Sir, where's the prison? I get lost around here at night."

"I haven't seen you before around here."

The constable eyed him. Miroku started to sweat, but the constable continued with a smile,

"I was like that too when I was new. I was young too, around your age… Oh, but you head this way and it's straight to your left."

"Thank you, Sir," Miroku smiled.

"Not Problem, lad. Don't worry, you will get used to it."

Miroku smiled at the constable and headed the direction he had said. Miroku kept praying,

"Oh, Kami-sama, please let me not be too late!"

He arrived at the prison and went inside. The two same guards Kagome talked to earlier were still there. He entered and they both stood up and saluted.

"Welcome, Captain!"

Captain? Miroku looked at his insignias. Sure enough, he was a Captain in the local Constable force! He cleared his throat,

"At ease, men"

They relaxed their bodies as Miroku asked,

"Where are executed prisoners token to and where are their weapons kept?

"Sir, they are token to the fort. The bodies are burned and the weapons get resold."

Miroku hid his anxiety,

"Thank you men, carry on."

He said as he nodded, leaving outside the door.

The guards looked at eachother.

"I didn't know we had any guards from the Orient."

"Must have came with Lord Higurashi."

But outside, Miroku took the first horse he could find and headed to the fort. He saw it last time while hopping rooftop to rooftop on Inuyasha's back.

"Please be okay!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome sat by her "husband" (A\N: Ewww gross!). They were at the post-wedding reception. She didn't hear anything. She didn't say anything. She was barely alive. Naraku drew her close. She wanted to move away, but found her body wouldn't move. Even her subconscious mind suffered from Inuyasha's death. Naraku smiled the whole time, almost oblivious to Kagome's lifeless, broken state. Her mind was thinking…Now she will never see his beautiful face ever again...

Never get lost in those beautiful amber eyes again...

Never run her fingers through his silvery, long hair again…

Never touch those adorable puppy ears again…

Never feel him holding her again...

Never feel him touch her again…

Never feel him breath on her neck or lips again...

Never hear his rough, but soft voice again…

Never feel his mouth on her lips and neck again…

Never hear him say… "I love you"…

She then pictured him that one time with the giant moon in the back of him as he quickly turned around…

"Kagome… Kagome?"

Kagome got snapped of her memory and back into reality. Her mother kneeled in front of her.

"Ma…ma?"

Naraku looked angry. He had been trying too get Kagome's attention all night long, but all she did was stare out into nowhere. Kagome's mother caressed her daughter's cheek and started to speak in Japanese,

"You look beautiful, angel"

Kagome felt better. She wanted to start to cry and hold her mother, but that would be rude and wanted Naraku to know she is very very strong and not one she'd be broken for…That's it. She thought,

`That's how I will live. I will let Naraku know he can't break me so easily! But… But…'

She felt way to much pain to be strong. She felt like a swimmer with a huge boulder pulling her down, knowing if she stops swimming, she'll drown-Meaning- She had to keep her ambition and strength, but Inuyasha's death was the boulder, and if she lost her ambition and strength, Naraku would surely drown her. She felt exhausted. Her mother saw it in her eyes and gave a, "Don't worry, everything will be fine" look Naraku sneered at Mrs. Higurashi, who was too concerned for her daughter to notice. Mr. Higurashi noticed this and gently took his wife's shoulders,

"Come one Aino-chan, they are ready to leave."

Kagome felt nauseated. She knew what tonight would involve. She didn't want it! She wanted to grab her mother and say,

"Please take me back! Take me home! Take me to Inuyasha!"

But she watched as her mother said goodbye and went out of sight with her father.

"Mama?...Papa?...

She softly squeaked But Naraku grabbed her hand and got up, lifting her up,

"Come along, my wife, let's so home."

Kagome shivered and thought in her mind,

`I wanted to hear Inuyasha say that…"

*~ Later that night~*

Kagome laid in her new bed, which unfortunately also belonged to Naraku. He told her to go to bed and wait there. She wanted to crawl out the window. She wanted to escape, but what would Naraku do? Maybe she could go and live with the Pirates, Miroku would now be captain. Sango was so lucky, but probably was worried about her. Then she heard footsteps.

"No, Kami-sama! Save me! Make an earthquake! A hurricane- a tornado, anything! Just please save me, Shu (Lord)!"

She silently prayed as the steps got closer. Naraku finally came into the room.

"Anxious, my love?"

"Keh…"

She smiled too herself, `Did I do what I think I just did?'

"Oh, come, now. You are my wife, this part is inevitable!"

He came closer. Kagome drew herself in against the headboard. Naraku slowly got onto the bed and crawled to where he was over her. She glared at him. She stopped when it was evident the sick bastard found it to be enticing.

"My, love, calm down. You'll like it…"

He said as he started to nibble on her shoulder and neck. Between breaths he said,

"I've…waited…so long…for this.

She winced at the thought. She was 16 and he was 26… So long? Pervert!

She cringed with every nibble.

"Calm down and enjoy it."

Even the sound of his voice was enough to make her throw up.

Now he began trying to undo her nightgown. She clinched her teeth,

"Kami-sama! I know you are there! Help me! Please! Earthquake…Tornado, Hurricane! Anything!"

All of a sudden, lighting flashed and the window flew open, blowing out all the candles. Naraku growled,

"What the hell!"

Then Kagome screamed as the body of a dead Jaguar, freshly killed, flew into the window. Naraku remained over Kagome as they stared at the Jaguar. But a shadow was cast on the ground as another flash of lightening lit up the room. They quickly looked. Kagome's heart started to pump in her throat.

"What are you doing?"

The figure growled. Tears began to fall down Kagome's cheeks. Then before she knew it, the figure knocked Naraku off of her and onto the ground. He jumped on top of Naraku.

"It was you! It was you!" The figure yelled.

"Inuyasha?..." Kagome whispered.

He looked back at her from the corner of his eye real fast before averting all his attention to Naraku and growled with a low rumble in his voice,

"It was you! You shot Kikyou… Then you shot me…"

Kagome went wide-eyed. Naraku chuckled,

"You finally remember?"

"It's something I'd rather forget."

It was too dark for Kagome to see anything, but she caught glimpses during each flash of lighting.

`Is that Inuyasha's ghost?'

She thought. He raised his hand, his claws were sharper then usual Kagome noticed. He and Naraku continued their conversation. Naraku sighed,

"Inuyasha, why do you always get in the way with the women I love?"

He snarled,

"What do you mean?"

Naraku had an evil, cocky look on his face.

"I used to be a human."

"Geeh?" Kagome exclaimed, "Used to?"

"You and I aren't much different, Inuyasha."

Kagome's heart beat faster.

`That is really Inuyasha? Or it's his vengeful spirit?'

Then he sneered,

"What the hell are you talking about? We are completely different!"

He growled. Naraku kept cool.

"I too am a hanyou!"

The other two exclaimed, "Nani?!"

Naraku chuckled.

"I used to be a human called Onigumo. I was injured and kind-hearted Kikyou came to my rescue. I fell in love with her, But I was paralyzed, so I allowed my body t be consumed by thousands of Youkai and that how Naraku came to be."

The other two were quite confused. He griped onto Naraku's shoulder with his claws,

"Then why did you kill Kikyou?"

"Because she was token by you. You were going to marry her. I watched as she tried to run into your arms, so I killed her, and I thought I killed you. And I tried to kill you again, but you are still alive."

Kagome gulped and whispered with a tear,

"Inuyasha? Is that Inuyasha"

She wanted to yell and run to him, but that would probably jeopardize both of them.

He heard her and was about to answer when Naraku chuckled. He drew his attention back to Naraku,

"You wanted Kagome…Why?"

"Inuyasha, you too fell in love with her. More then likely I fell in love with her…"

"You don't know what love is you piece of… **thinks about Kagome being in the room** you stupid bastard! You know lust! But the only other question I have is… Why the Hanyou/Youkai extermination?"

Naraku had only one answer,

"Power"

It made sense,

"But what about my brother? What does he have to do with this?"

"I told him if he helped to catch you, I'd let him live. Besides, he does have a son on the way."

His face softened for a second. He was going to be an uncle? But then he rose his hand again and cracked his knuckles.

"Now it's the end of your life."

"You first."

Suddenly, just like Inuyasha would have, Naraku slipped out from under him and stood on top of the bed. The other figure growled and jumped for him. Naraku escaped. Kagome curled up tightly as she watched them fight. They knocked books off the book selves, expensive statues fell and shattered. But then something unexpected happened. Naraku turned into a large monster with tentacles. His arms became long and skinny. Kagome thought to herself,

`They had me marry that?'

But she watched as Naraku Would try to stab him with sharp tentacles as he kept doing,

"Sankon Tessou!"

He kept slicing his claws, but finally after a hard and rough battle (I was too lazy to describe it) he sliced into Naraku's chest, and tore out his heart. Naraku lost the tentacles and fell onto the ground. He barely got out,

"You couldn't have!"

And died. For real.

The dark figure looked at him and took the musket off of the wall. Kagome screamed at he shot it, then he gave it to her. He looked into her eyes and jumped out the window. Kagome was about to chase after him before maids and butlers came in. They saw Naraku with his chest opened by a clawed creature, and Kagome holding a musket, with a shot Jaguar on the ground. Kagome knew the plan he had and said,

"It jumped into the window and killed him, it was going to kill me, but I shot it."

They all bought it, but Kagome asked,

"Did you hear anything else?"

They all smiled.

"What."

Then an older maid said,

"We knew you married Lord Naraku by force, we figured…"

Kagome smiled and laughed. But she was on cloud nine. Inuyasha was alive- but no one knew it, and Naraku was dead. Now to find out the truth. After everyone left, she got out of bed and took off her ring. While throwing it as hard as she could at Naraku's dead body, she said,

"Consider this our divorce! Bastard!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Miroku brought Inuyasha immediately to the ship, though he didn't want too, but Miroku assured him,

"Go lay down, I will be back with Kagome. You need too rest!"

Inuyasha sneered,

"I don't need too rest! I need Kagome!"

Miroku shook his head.

"Inuyasha, one day your stubbornness will kill you! You should have learnt it from this time! Just go rest and I will bring her back."

Inuyasha huffed,

"Keh"

All Miroku could do was smile.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Kagome was scared that what just happened was her going crazy. Maybe denial, but it all unfolded before her, besides, she didn't believe in ghosts. She wouldn't get too excited till she saw him and was able to hold him. She ran to the cove, hoping Miroku would be there, and sure enough, he was.

"Kagome-sama! Hurry!" Miroku didn't even bother pulling the boat on shore. Kagome ran in her nightgown into the waist-deep water. Miroku helped her up onto the boat, groping her butt. Kagome smacked him.

"How dare you! Think about Sango!"

Miroku rubbed his cheek,

"Sorry, it's a habit!"

He started to row from shore to the ship. He saw Kagome's anxiousness.

"Kagome-sama? Are you okay?"

Kagome looked at him,

"How?"

She asked. Miroku smiled,

"Here, I'll tell you…"

~Flashback~

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Miroku finally arrived at the fort. He saw the glow of a fire behind the walls. The air was pungent with the scent burning flesh.

"Come on Inuyasha, You better be alive as I'll die just to kill you again!"

He opened up the gates to see one of his fears. Guards were all over, dead and bloody, a few were still trying to fight. Inuyasha was killing all the guards, the seven bullet holes were trinkling blood down his chest. He was a Youkai again.

"Aw Crap!" Miroku thought. He knew to keep downwind and out of sight. He looked around for the artillery room. He snuck behind the posts that were against the wall. He heard a man scream. Another man was killed. Inuyasha was growling and barking loudly like a rabid dog.

`Bark? I've never heard him bark before!'

Miroku thought. He finally got to one of the main buildings, he went inside.

"Yatta!"

He exclaimed quietly. He found the artillery and right in front of him was the Tetsuaiga. He was about to grab it and Inuyasha jumped between the Tetsuaiga and Miroku.

:"Oh S***"

He said under his breath. Inuyasha had that wild smirk on his face.

"Going somewhere?" He growled.

Miroku was scared. Never has he been face-to-face with Youkai Inuyasha without Tetsuaiga.

"Inuyasha, it's me! It's Miroku! Your best friend!"

He knew Inuyasha wouldn't know him, but he had to try. If only he could get around him.

"What are you looking for?"

: Inuyasha asked in a low, rumbling growl, his wicked smile never fading.

Miroku launched himself up on one of the posts, of course Inuyasha would follow. After getting Inuyasha up. Miroku fell and grabbed Tetsuaiga. Inuyasha tried to grab Miroku, but Tetsuaiga repealed him and he flew into the wall. Miroku ran out of the door to the courtyard. Inuyasha shook his head from being almost knocked cold and chased after Miroku. He finally saw Miroku in the middle of the courtyard. Inuyasha chuckled menacingly and slowly perused Miroku. Miroku then yelled,

"What are you waiting for you bastard! COME AND GET ME!"

Inuyasha barked and growled as he leaped to pounce Miroku. Miroku held out Tetsuaiga. Inuyasha grabbed it and growled loudly as he made his complete transformation back into a hanyou then collapsed.

"Inuyasha!" Miroku yelled as he caught his friend. "Are you okay?"

"Where's Kagome?" He struggled to say as he panted and coughed.

"I don't know." Miroku said sadly. Inuyasha then laughed,

"What the hell are you wearing?"

"Hey I had to wear this to save your sorry ass!"

Inuyasha stood up slowly.

"Com'on, let's get Kagome and get the hell out of here!"

"How will we find her?"

Inuyasha smiled- more like smirked,

"I'm part Dog Youkai, I can find her."

Miroku laughed,

"You are going to smell her out?"

Inuyasha hit him in the back of the head,

"Shut your face and let's get going!"

"I missed you too!... Shimatta…"

~End of Flashback~

Kagome just stared at him, her mouth hung open.

"Inuyasha's alive?"

Miroku sighed,

"Yeah, barely. He'll be in bed for at least a week."

"Only a week! Oh no!"

"Kagome-sama, he's not like you and I. Believe me!"

Kagome watched as the ship got closer. A swarm of butterflies fluttered in her stomach and small waterfalls of tears trinkled down her cheeks.Finally, Paul and Samuel lifted her on board, both giving her hugs,

"Glad you are back, Luv." Samuel said, smiling. Shippou ran and jumped into her arms.

"Kagome!" He held on to her tightly. "I thought I'd never see you again!"

Sango also greeted her with hugs, tears and hysterics, Kagome hugged her "Sister" In the same fashion. Then she heard behind her,

"Kagome…"

Her eyes opened wide. She turned around. Inuyasha stood, slightly hunched over his eyes shimmering. Kagome stared at him for a moment then yelled at the top of her lungs while running to him,

"INUYASHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And fell into his arms in a ball of sobs. He cringed as she ran into his wounded chest, but he held her tight, shushing her. The crew were tearing up at the happy reunion. The saline from Kagome's tears were burning his wounds. But he held on to her, picking her up and carrying her into their bed. He tried to separate from her just for a second to go to the other side, but she had a death grip on his shirt, pulling him down. She began to sob harder, choking out,

"I thought you were dead! You were dead! But you are alive! I… I…"

Inuyasha put her in his lap, holding her tightly, stroking her head and back, making her sob harder. She said,

"I thought I'd never see you again! Touch you again! I…"

Then she looked up at him, he had a look of sadness but passion.

"They declared you dead! How'd you fake that?"

He smiled, gentley pushing her bangs from her eyes. He said with passionate tenderness in his voice, looking into her eyes,

"When you are a notorious pirate, you need to learn to play possum. I learnt from a few monks how to do it."

Then he held her too his chest. He didn't care about the pain from his wounds.

"Oh, I'm so sorry I worried you! Please forgive me! Will you?"

She nodded into his chest, but he then asked,

"I want to know something… Did you really mean what you said?"

Her eyes got wide and she drew away to look at him. He looked into her eyes with a curious, hopefully look, she smiled and nodded. He caressed her cheek,

"Say it."

She just looked into his eyes when he said,

"I want to hear you say it...Please"

She touched his face and whispered passionately,

"I love you."

His whole body filled with warmth and happiness. Then she continued,

"I want to stay with you…Forever."

His heart almost pounded out of his chest, he almost passed out, but he smiled really big for a second before getting a passionate look on his face and did what he did the last time. Barely touching her lips he said,

"I love you too… Ka…go...m…"

The "me" didn't quite come out before he took her in for a very long, deep, hungry- but passionate kiss. Kagome cherished EVERY second of it.

`I'm going to cherish every second, touch, moment I have with you. Forever.'

``````````````````````````````````````````````*******`````````` ```````````````````````````*****`````````````````````````````````````

A/N: See? I'm a happiness maker! Man! Some of the response I got made me fear for my life!

Hey, Mizu-Crystal, You said you got addicted to "Predilection" and "Bad Luck" songs. What is "Bad Luck"?

I'm sorry I've been lazy with my reviewer replies! But there were too many for this chapter and I want to get this out before I make any more people mad! But if you want a answer too something, e-mail me at cliffzgal@hanson.net.

Wanna know something odd! When writing that last part, The songs that randomly played on my winamp playlist were "Always" by Bon Jovi and "I don't want to miss a thing." By Aerosmith. It almost killed me!

But both "Predilection" and the unnamed hilarious Kappei Yamaguchi songs are at my homepage on the index page-

Geocities.com/sailorxproductionstudio

The silly song I have no clue what it's called, but it's funny!

Well, till next time! Kudos!