InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Band ❯ Concert Pratice, The Jewel Dome ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ch. 6 Concert Practice, the Jewel Dome
 
“Inuyasha I have to confess something to you” said Kagome. “What is it you can tell me” said Inuyasha. “I know I can its just before I a concert I get really nervous but when I get up onstage and that curtain opens Im not scared anymore, but before I sometimes get depressed or not eat” said Kagome. “Oh well that would explain a lot in the past like why whenever I called you, you would be crying or depressed and not let me come over saying there was something important to take care of” said Inuyasha. “Sorry, I just hate people seeing me cry I feel so weak” said Kagome flopping down on the bed and putting her head in a pillow. “Kagome its fine it's a natural emotion and I don't think your weak when you cry” said Inuyasha. “Really” said Kagome looking up and tears beginning to form in her eyes.
 
“Yes really but let's do something to get your mind off the concert” said Inuyasha. “Well its 6 p.m. so what do you want to do” asked Kagome. “Hmm… dinner im hungry” said Inuyasha. “Ok here, order in, or go out” asked Kagome. “Ok put it this way im taking you out on a date get dressed for a casual evening” said Inuyasha. “Ok” said Kagome looking through her clothing and eventually coming up with tan capris and a light blue silky shirt. Then Inuyasha got into his black jeans and black shirt with a red symbol on it and at the bottom of the shirt there was white around it. “Ok Kagome I have to tell you something truthfully something I could never tell anyone it is my biggest secret and you can't let anyone know if I tell you ok” asked Inuyasha.
 
“Yeah sure I won't let anyone know as long as you don't let anyone know about my stage fright” said Kagome. “Deal, but do you remember on the night of the new moons whenever you or Sango or Miroku would call me I would refuse to go out anywhere or when you came over to my house I would stay in the shadows and refuse to turn on the light and I made you leave” asked Inuyasha. “Yeah that did seem a bit strange why was that” asked Kagome. “Well once every month half demons have a day when they become human, it was the day that they were born and I was born on the night of the new moon so when the sun goes completely down I will transform into my human state witch is no claws, fangs, huge sense of smell, ears, ect. But my hair will turn black and my eyes will turn dark brown” said Inuyasha.
 
“Really how long do we have out” asked Kagome. “Well I would say we have 2 hours maybe a few minutes more” said Inuyasha. “Ok” said Kagome. “Let's go” said Inuyasha dragging Kagome out of the house into his blood red car. Kagome was silent all the way. She was to busy thinking. `I wonder what Inuyasha would look like in his human form' thought Kagome smiling. “Kagome were here” said Inuyasha motioning towards the building that said `Sakura' on the sign. “Where are we” asked Kagome. “Its… well you'll just see” said Inuyasha. They walked inside to Kagome's surprise it was a nice place with little fake water falls at every table some water falls were tea some were water.
 
They got seated and got the water fall with tea in it. Someone brought out there cups and they dunked it under the water fall and drank while they ordered. Kagome got the chefs salad and Inuyasha got ramen. Inuyasha and Kagome talked for awhile until there food came out. They ate in peace. When they were finished eating they got back in Inuyasha's blood red car and drove home or so kagome thought. When Inuyasha came to a fork in the road one road leading to her house and another leading to somewhere different Inuyasha took the different path.
 
“Where are we going” asked Kagome. “You'll see” said Inuyasha. “More surprises” said Kagome. “Yep” said Inuyasha. All of a sudden Kagome's cell started to ring she answered it “Hello” she said. “Hey Kagome its Rin im so sorry but I can't be in the band anymore im so sorry” said Rin practically crying. “That's ok Rin if you have other things you have to do its fine” said Kagome. “Thanks so much for understanding” said Rin hanging up. “What was that” asked Inuyasha. “Rin quit the band” said Kagome. Kagome then dialed her band managers number “Hello” answered Kai there manager. “Hey it's Kagome I called to tell you that Rin quit the band and that we will be running by the music for this upcoming concert so that you can get someone to make a recording of the piano parts” said Kagome. “Sure thing” said Kai as she hung up.
 
“After were done we need to run this music over to the managers house” said Kagome taking out a large bundle of music from the back of Inuyasha's car. “Whats that doing in my car” asked Inuyasha. “Well after this I was meaning to run it over to Rin but now we have to run it over to Kai and were going the right way, just make a left up here and it's the third house on the left” said Kagome. They pulled into her driveway and Kagome got out quickly and ran it to the door. Then Kagome ran back to the car. “Its amazing with how popular your band is that you can just run around like a regular person and that you can add and subtract people from your band freely” said Inuyasha. “Im amazed at that too” said Kagome.
 
Finally they arrived at the secret spot Inuyasha was taking them too. It was the beach! They got out and ran around in the sand for awhile then laid down and looked up at the stars. Inuyasha checked his watch. “Hey Kagome we have to go I only have 20 minutes to get home” said Inuyasha getting up and pulling Kagome to his chest giving her a hug then they both made a mad dash to the car.
 
Inuyasha madly drove home and when they got there they both ran inside. They took off there shoes and Inuyasha took off his shirt and they sat on the couch awaiting 12 midnight. Finally when the clock stroke 12 Inuyasha's hair went jet black and same with his hair and he lost his long nails, he looked actually human for once. “I like this change” said Kagome walking over and sitting on Inuyasha's lap.
 
 
!@#$%^&* 2 Months later *&^%$#@!
 
“Oh my god I can't wait” said Sango backstage before the concert was about to start. She, Miroku, Inuyasha, and Kagome were all in a group talking and wishing each other luck in the performance. All of a sudden the manager came back and said 5 minutes. “Inuyasha, Miroku you all know that we use code names on stage im Miko, Sango's Slayer, Miroku your Monk, and Inuyasha your Demon” said Kagome. Everyone signed there shirt with there code name that was rolled up in the corner, there was these shirts of the people in the band one of Inuyasha, one of Kagome, one of Sango, and one of Miroku, they signed them so that they could throw them into the audience later. So then everyone went to there instruments set up behind a large red curtain. They started to tune there instruments and then Kagome and Inuyasha met in the front of the stage where a mic was set up that they would be sharing. Kagome and Sango were showing off there new instruments just as the curtain opened and the crowd went wild.
 
Kagome stepped up to the mic and started to make the opening speech. “Hello people of Japan im talking here now to let you know what has occurred since you last heard us play, well for one Peppy (Rin) and Kitty (Kirara) are no longer with the band so here to replace them is Monk (Miroku) on drums and well we really couldn't find anyone else good enough for the piano. As you can see we also added a new guitarist and singer to the group his name is Demon (Inuyasha). Oh and bigger news yet Monk and Slayer are getting married!” said Kagome over the mic. Everyone cried out and Sango grabbed the mic. “Hey peeps since Miko told my big news I guess I'll just have to tell hers, Miko and Demon are dating” said Sango over the mic.
 
Then Inuyasha got tired of hearing them talk so he shut them up by grabbing the mic. “Hey everybody let's cut the talk and get to the entertainment” said Inuyasha putting the mic away. As everyone in the band got into place Inuyasha walked back up to the mic as Kagome stayed in the back. “The first song we will be singing is called `Welcome to the Jungle'” yelled Inuyasha over the mic.
 
Welcome to the jungle
We got fun 'n' games
We got evrything you want
Honey we know the names
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the money honey
We got your disease

Chorus:
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your knees, knees
I wanna watch you bleed

Welcome to the jungle
We take it day by day
If you want it you're gonna bleed
But it's the price you pay
And you're a very sexy girl
That's very hard to please
You can taste the bright lights
But you won't get them for free

In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my serpentine
I, I wanna hear yous-cream

Welcome to the jungle
It gets worse here evryday
Ya learn ta live like an animal
In the jungle where we play
If you got a hunger for what you see
You'll take it eventually
You can have anything you want
But you better not take it from me

Chorus

And when you're high you never
Ever want to come down, YEAH!

You know where you are
You're in the jungle baby
You're gonna die
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your knees, knees
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my serpentine
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your knees, knees
In the jungle
Welcome to the jungle
Watch it bring you to your
It's gonna bring you down
Ha!
 
The crowd cheered in pure delight Inuyasha was a good singer like Kagome. “So you liked that one did you” called Kagome. The crowd roared again. “Ok so it seems like you did, but really everyone that song was just warm up there is plenty more to come im not trying to say that Inuyasha isn't a good singer but we have better songs for you on the way. Like this little baby I set up called `Walk Away'” called Kagome over the mic.
 
You've got your mother and your brother
Every other undercover
Tellin' you what to say (say)
You think I'm stupid
But the truth is
That it's cupid, baby
Lovin' you has made me this way
So before you point your finger
Get your hands off of my trigger
Oh yeah
You need to know this situation's getting old
And now the more you talk
The less I can take, oh

I'm looking for attention
Not another question
Should you stay or should you go?
Well, if you don't have the answer
Why are you still standin' here?
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Just walk away
Just walk away
Just walk away

I waited here for you
Like a kid waiting after school
So tell me how come you never showed (showed)?
I gave you everything
And never asked for anything
And look at me
I'm all alone (alone)
So, before you start defendin'
Baby, stop all your pretendin'
I know you know I know
So what's the point in being slow
Let's get the show on the road today
Hey

I'm looking for attention
Not another question
Should you stay or should you go?
Well, if you don't have the answer
Why are you still standin' here?
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Just walk away
Just walk away
Just walk away

I wanna love
I want a fire
To feel the burn
My desires
I wanna man by my side
Not a boy who runs and hides
Are you gonna fight for me?
Die for me?
Live and breathe for me?
Do you care for me?
'Cause if you don't then just leave

I'm looking for attention
Not another question
Should you stay or should you go?
Well, if you don't have the answer
Why are you still standin' here?
Hey, hey, hey, hey
Just walk away

If you don't have the answer
Walk away
Just walk (walk) away
(Just walk away)
Then just leave
Yeah yeah
Walk away
Walk away
Walk away
 
“How'd all like it” called Inuyasha. “To tell you the truth I was kinda surprised that Miko asked me to join the band since we weren't dating back then just friends. But she asked me once she found out my secret that I to use to be in a little band with Monk and I knew how to play the guitar. So this next one is for Miko who without my life would have no meaning its called `Holiday'” yelled Inuyasha.
 
Say, Hey!

Hear the sound of the falling rain
Coming down like an Armageddon flame (Hey!)
The shame
The ones who died without a name

Hear the dogs howling out of key
To a hymn called "Faith and Misery" (Hey!)
And bleed, the company lost the war today

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
On holiday

Hear the drum pounding out of time
Another protestor has crossed the line (Hey!)
To find, the money's on the other side

Can I get another Amen? (Amen!)
There's a flag wrapped around a score of men (Hey!)
A gag, a plastic bag on a monument

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
On holiday

(Hey!)

(Three Four!)

"The representative from California has the floor"

Zieg Heil to the president gasman
Bombs away is your punishment
Pulverize the Eiffel towers
Who criticize your government
Bang bang goes the broken glass and
Kill all the fags that don't agree
Trials by fire, setting fire
Is not a way that's meant for me
Just cause, just cause, because we're outlaws yeah!

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives

This is our lives on holiday
 
“I know this is a concert not some high school pep assembly but I always wondered what the wave would look like on stage so if you could help me out. Left side start when I say go and let's see how fast you can do it” said Inuyasha. “GO” he yelled and the wave started. In about 30 seconds the wave was over. “That looked cool, but you all didn't pay good money just to do the wave now did you. So let's get on with the playing the next song is called `Novacaine'” said Inuyasha.
 
You can take back all your secrets
We'll divide up all the lies
Keep all the pictures in their frames
Cut me out, yeah I'll be fine
Tell the neighbours all my feelings
Go on and give away all my pride
It's hard to laugh and cry, live and die every night

Keep your rolodex of friends
And all the remnants can be mind
I guess there'll be no happy endings
When once upon is doing time
There's a different kind of meaning now
To living on a prayer
Some don't seem to notice
And the rest don't seem to care

[Chorus]
I tell myself I (feel no pain)
But I'm feeling the pain (walk away)
Can't walk away
I'm hanging on the ropes of hope
It's getting hard to cope you know
When you're the needle running
through my veins
I've changed my name to novocaine

You put my favorite belongings in a box in the garage (let's get this straight)
You burned my favorite sweats from high school
Tried to sell my muscle car (that's not OK)
You're mother's gonna visit for a couple months this year
They say you do the crime, you do the time
It's all so clear

[Chorus]

Well things ain't what they used to be
It's a sleepless, self-help century
I'm up to here with Dr. Phil and the modern man in me

[Chorus x2]

Novocaine [x3]
 
“Yeah so how ya like in this concert so far” called Kagome. Everyone in the seats sent out a mad roar. “I guess you liked it, ok I really have nothing to say so I was wondering who would like an autographed t-shirt” asked Kagome. The crowd screamed. “Good because we are giving away 4 keep your hands up and no fighting” called Kagome who bend down to pick up a shirt that was rolled up as did the rest of the band. They all walked to the stage and threw there shirts to the audience. They were all 4 caught and everyone walked back to there spots. “Now let's get on with the concert next songs called `Can't Stop the Rain'” said Kagome.
 
How, how am I supposed to feel
When everything surrounding me
Is nothing but a fake disguise
I don't know,
I don't know where I belong
It's time for me to carry on
I'll say goodbye

I can't stop the rain from fallin'
I'm drownin in these tears I cry
Since you left without a warning
I face the dawn with sleepless eyes
No I can't go on
When clouds are pushin' down on me, boy
I can't stop, I can't stop the rain
From fallin

So, tell me where I went wrong
I'm stuck inside a dream long gone
It's hard to reveal the truth
Your love,
Is nothing but a bitter taste
It's better if I walk away,
Away from you

I can't stop the rain from fallin'
Im drownin in these tears I cry
Since you left without a warning
I face the dawn with sleepless eyes
No I can't go on
When clouds are pushin' down on me, boy
I can't stop, I can't stop the rain
From fallin
 
“You all ready to party” asked Inuyasha. The crowed yelled. It was weird Sango walked up and grabbed the mic. “Hellooooooo people” yelled Sango. “Now people are we just going to sit around talking or are we goin to start playing” said Sango. The crowed cheered. Sango gave the mic to Inuyasha. “Thanks Slayer, the next song is called `Dance, Dance'” said Inuyasha.
 
She says she's no good with words but I'm worse
Barely stuttered out
"A joke of a romantic" or stuck to my tongue
Weighed down with words too over-dramatic
Tonight it's "it can't get much worse"
Vs. "no one should ever feel like.."

I'm two quarters and a heart down
And I don't want to forget how your voice sounds
These words are all I have so I'll write them
So you need them just to get by

We will own your thoughts
We'll own the song stuck in your head
We'll leave you kicking and screaming
So you can thank us in the end

Dance, Dance
We're falling apart to half time
Dance, Dance
And these are the lives you'd love to lead
Dance, this is the way they'd love
If they knew how misery loved me

(I only want sympathy in the form of you crawling into bed with me)

You always fold just before you're found out
Drink up its last call
Last resort
But only the first mistake and I...

I'm two quarters and a heart down
And I don't want to forget how your voice sounds
These words are all I have so I'll write them
So you need them just to get by

Why don't you show me the little bit of spine
You've been saving for his mattress, love

Dance, Dance
We're falling apart to half time
Dance, Dance
And these are the lives you'd love to lead
Dance, this is the way they'd love
If they knew how misery loved me

Why don't you show me the little bit of spine
You've been saving for his mattress
I only want sympathy in the form of you crawling into bed with me

Dance, Dance
Dance, Dance
Dance, Dance
Dance, Dance
 
“Yo everyone im not gonna talk your ears off im between these two songs but if you agree that life is complicated you will enjoy the next song its called `Complicated'” said Inuyasha.
 
Take a look around, this is what I see
Is there anybody else that feels like me?
You sweat, you sweat
You bleed, you bleed
What you get aint what you see
Up is down and black is white to me

[Chorus]
I'm complicated
I get frustrated
Right or wrong, love or hate it
I'm complicated
Can't sudate it
I heard that song, but i won't play it
It's alright
It's okay
You wouldn't want me any other way
Momma, keep on praying, cause I aint changing
I'm complicated

Complicated, Yeah

I'm smart enough to know what I don't know
I'm fool enough to stay when I should go
You work, you work
You cry, you cry
You watch your whole life pass you by
Sometimes you gotta close your eyes to see

[Chorus]

Is there anybody out there
Just like everybody out there
Just want somebody out there just like me

[Chorus]

Is there anybody out there
Just like everybody out there
Just want somebody out there just like me [x2]
 
“Hey people our concert is just about done only a few songs left for you to hear. Each of these last songs were written with a meaning well except this last one that is” said Kagome. “This ones called `Bad Boy'” said Kagome.
 
Remember the feelings, remember the day
My stone heart was breaking
My love ran away
This moment I knew I would be someone else
My love turned around and I felt
Be my bad boy, be my man
Be my week-end lover
But don't be my friend
You can be my bad boy
But understand
That I don't need you in my life again
Won't you be my bad boy, be my man
Be my week-end lover
But don't be my friend
You can be my bad boy
But understand
That I don't need you again
No I don't need you again

bad boy!

You once made this promise
To stay by my side
But after some time you just pushed me a side
You never thought that a girl could be strong
Now I'll show you how to go on

Be my bad boy, be my man
Be my week-end lover
But don't be my friend
You can be my bad boy
But understand
That I don't need you in my life again

Won't you be my bad boy, be my man
Be my week-end lover
But don't be my friend
You can be my bad boy
But understand
That I don't need you again
No I don't need you again
 
“Ok this next song is called `Jesus Take the Wheel' the meaning written into this one is think back to the times when you were mad or struggling to get by and wished you had someone there to help you through” said Kagome.
 
She was driving last Friday on her way to Cincinnati
On a snow white Christmas Eve
Going home to see her Mama and her Daddy with the baby in the backseat
Fifty miles to go and she was running low on faith and gasoline
It'd been a long hard year
She had a lot on her mind and she didn't pay attention
she was going way too fast
Before she knew it she was spinning on a thin black sheet of glass
She saw both their lives flash before her eyes
She didn't even have time to cry
She was sooo scared
She threw her hands up in the air

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

It was still getting colder when she made it to the shoulder
And the car came to a stop
She cried when she saw that baby in the backseat sleeping like a rock
And for the first time in a long time
She bowed her head to pray
She said I'm sorry for the way
I've been living my life
I know I've got to change
So from now on tonight

Jesus take the wheel
Take it from my hands
Cause I can't do this on my own
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
To save me from this road I'm on

Oh, Jesus take the wheel
Oh, I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
From this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel
Oh, take it, take it from me
Oh, why, oh
 
“Ok I see that song had some meaning for some people I see people crying and some staring off into space like they have no idea whats going on. Ok could you the girl in the pink that was crying along with your two friends please come up here using the set of stairs infront of the stage” said Kagome pointing to a girl in the pink. She and her two friends made there way up to the stage. “What are your names” asked Kagome. “Eri, Uka, and Aumi” they shouted. “Cool” said Kagome giving each girl a hug before sending them back to there seats. “The next song we will be playing is called `Unwritten' because our lives are unwritten it up to us to decide to end” said Kagome.
 
I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with eyes wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, oh, oh

I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with eyes wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with eyes wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Staring at the blank page before you
Open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find

Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with eyes wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with eyes wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, yeah, yeah
 
“Hey everyone this will be the last time I talk for the rest of the night but I just wanted to let you know I had a really fun time. The next song we will be playing is called `Move Along' because no matter what life throws at us we have to move along” said Inuyasha.
 
Go ahead as you waste your days with thinking
When you fall everyone stands
Another day and you've had your fill of sinking
With the life held in your
Hands are shaking cold
These hands are meant to hold

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
Move along

So a day when you've lost yourself completely
Could be a night when your life ends
Such a heart that will lead you to deceiving
All the pain held in your
Hands are shaking cold
Your hands are mine to hold

Speak to me, when all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
Move along
(Go on, go on, go on, go on)

When everything is wrong, we move along
(Go on, go on, go on, go on)
When everything is wrong, we move along
Along, along, along

When all you got to keep is strong
Move along, move along like I know you do
And even when your hope is gone
Move along, move along just to make it through
[x3]

(Go on, go on, go on, go on)
Right back what is wrong
We move along
[fade out]
 
“Ok this song will wrap it up for the night it's a song to you to say goodbye and thanks for coming, it's called `Goodbye to you'” said Kagome.
 
Of all the things I've believed in
I just want to get it over with
Tears form behind my eyes
But I do not cry
Counting the days that pass me by

I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old
It feels like I'm starting all over again
The last three years were just pretend
And I said,

[Chorus:]
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
The one thing that I tried to hold on to

I still get lost in your eyes
And it seems that I can't live a day without you
Closing my eyes and you chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light
But it's not right

[Chorus]

And it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time
I want what's yours and I want what's mine
I want you
But I'm not giving in this time

[Chorus x2]

And when the stars fall
I will lie awake
You're my shooting star
 
“Ok that wraps it up thanks so much for coming and see you next time” yelled Sango as the curtain dropped.