InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Boom Box ❯ Mononoke-Hime ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome's Boom Box

Part 4

A sweet flute tone wafted from the boombox, calming down the nerves that had been agitated by the previous song. Kagome noticed that her Sengoku Jidai friends were taking a particular liking to the piece, just as she had hoped. The film the song had been composed for had been set at a time and place almost identical to their own.

Haritsumeta Yumi no Furueru Tsuru yo

"I didn't know that music like this existed in your world, Kagome." the taijiya smiled.

"It reminds me of some of the poetry my sister once wrote long ago." said Kaede, shuffling through her things. "She would write about the forest and the animals in it. I could not read at the time, but eventually, I learned and read them."

Tsuki no Hikari ni Zawameku Sonata no Kokoro

The mentioning of Kikyou made Inu Yasha's ears perk up momentarily. Kikyou could write? Well, being a priestess, it was probably to be expected, but the truth was, Kikyou had never mentioned anything about writing poetry. For a miko with her kind of powers, the hanyou had not thought her capable of such a seemingly delicate art.

Togisumasareta Yaiba no Utsukushi

Inu Yasha hopped down from his perch, landing with hardly a sound. He stepped up to Kaede, his arms folded in their usual, no-nonsense manner, but his face was serious rather than agitated.

"Let me see them." He said plainly.

"Eh?" the old woman seemed rather surprised by the request.

"I said let me see them, the poetry she wrote." He repeated.

"Inu Yasha can read?" Sango blinked, a bit surprised.

"A little." The hanyou answered without even turning around.

Kaede put down what she was working with and approached a large chest against the back of the hut. She opened it, shuffled through several items, then retrieved from it some scrolls and handed them to Inu Yasha. The dog demon took them and promptly returned to his perch to read them.

Sono Kissaki ni Yoku Nita Omae no Yokogao

Kagome watched silently as Inu Yasha took the scrolls and returned to his tree to read them. Whether it was because they had been written by the dead miko or because the thought of Inu Yasha reading had never crossed her mind before, Kagome didn't have the heart to say anything at that moment.

Kanashimi to Ikari ni Hisomu Makoto no Kokoro wo

Inu Yasha's expression never shifted from its serious stare. Occasionally, he'd squint a bit, obviously having some trouble recalling his faded reading lessons, but nevertheless continued reading. After some time, he finished, rolled them back up, and returned them to Kaede.

Shiru wa Mori no Sei

Mononoke Tachi dake

Mononoke Tachi dake

Shippo was lying sprawled out on the grass. Taking in a deep breath, he closed his little eyes, relaxing. A little tickle on his nose made him pop them back open and giggle at finding a butterfly on his face. The others laughed warmly as the song repeated its lyrics then finished smoothly.

"That was very beautiful, Kagome." Miroku remarked. "May I ask what other kinds of music you have so graciously brought with you?"

"Sure…" Kagome breathed, reaching for her CDs. She reached in and pulled out one that had a song that she particularly liked. With a smile, she popped it into the boombox and hit the play button.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the wait and the small chapter, but to be honest, the Princess Mononoke Theme used in this chapter doesn't have that many lyrics. As for next chapter, the only thing I'll tell you guys/gals is that it will be of an Inu Yasha song. As for which Inu Yasha song I'm going to use...... that's a secret! You'll just have to wait and see!

Like it? Hate it? Tell me! And don't be afraid to leave song suggestions in your reviews! Trust me! I'm paying attention to what you all are suggesting, and am liking what I'm seeing!