InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome's Trust ❯ Chapter Twelve: Rin's Life ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Kagome's Trust

A/N- Here is chapter eleven for you. Please enjoy reading the chapter. I like to say thank you Akahana7272 for being the first beta reader to this chapter. Then thank you to Witchygirl99 and TheSparkledMoon for beta reading it again.   

Chapter Twelve: Rin's Life
X+X+X
Sango had Kirara drop off Kagome and then she waited for her to return. She hoped that young Rin would be okay. Sango also heard Kagome's plan as well. She was going to use her powers to make a birth thingy.

'What was it again?' she thought. 'Oh yes it was a birth certificate. All the people in Kagome's time had them.'

Her plan was to tell them that Rin was her mother's niece who had come over to go on a camping trip. On the camping trip though, she was caught in the campfire, and when she tried to call someone for help, her phone was unable to pick up service.

Kagome jumped off the well's side and into a pink light, her eyes on Rin the whole time until she landed, looking up to find the well covered. It had worked. Sighing with relief, Kagome took back her necklace that held the Jewel of Four Souls.

She climbed to the top of the well, holding onto Rin tightly and calling for her mom.

"Hi Kagome."

"Mom, we need to get to the hospital now!" Kagome shouted.

"Why?"

"I'll tell you on the way there."

Leaving the kitchen, her mom found Kagome holding an unconscious girl in her arms and nodded. As her mom grabbed her shoes and car keys, they both rushed to the car.

They drove to the hospital in silence and caution. Kagome called forth her powers to create a birth certificate including Rin's name, age, and 'parents'.

"Mom, when we get in the hospital you'll need to act like Rin is your niece. Her mother died years ago and you took her in and have taken care of her since she was five years old," Kagome explained.

Her mother just nodded her head, parking the car. Opening her door, she helped Kagome get out and they both raced into the hospital.

Within a few moments the nurses had taken Rin to the emergency room, while Kagome was to answer all of the questions about Rin. In shock from what she had witnessed, the old woman paced back and forth with worry.

Hours later, a nurse came out from the emergency room and calmly walked over to the two worried women. "Rin's life is no longer in danger. It was close, but she will live," the nurse told the two worried women.
Kagome and her mother smiled and hugged each other, overcome with joy.

"Can we see her?" Kagome's mother asked.

"Yes, you can."

Kagome smiled and walked behind the nurse as she took them to Rin's room. Walking in, Kagome rushed to Rin's side, sighing with relief at the peace on the girl's small face. Ruffling her hair and smiling, Kagome turned to her mother, glad that the nurse had left.

"Mom, I need to tell you what has been happening since I left," Kagome said. Her mother, always insightful, closed the door and walked over to her daughter. Kagome told her everything from the time she got there to the fire that almost took Rin's life away from her. Her mother cried at the thought of her grandchildren with that half-breed Naraku. Worse yet, the two children both seemed to be under his control.

"Kagome, you need to go back now and try to save them," Taytai sobbed out.

"Mother, I will when I take Rin back to her time. If I go now, Rin could wake up and get very scared about this place," Kagome said. "Don't worry. I will get them back."

Taytai nodded her head, looking at the little girl on her left side; she was sleeping soundly and all, until the mother suddenly looked straight at Kagome's forehead.

"Oh, Souta and Father!" Taytai exclaimed as she got up from her spot by the bed. "Kagome, you stay while I call Souta and Father about this situation."

Kagome just nodded her head at her mother as she walked out of the room. "Please Rin, wake up," she whispered while looking at the small girl.

Hours passed for Kagome and her mother, the door opening to show Souta running in and looking at two women in a daze. "Kagome, I heard what happened. Is this her?" Souta asked.

"Yes, this is Rin. While she is here she is your little cousin, that is the story Mom and I told the nurses and the doctors. It's also what's in the paperwork," Kagome replied.

They talked about the fire at Sesshomaru's palace and the children being kidnapped by Naraku. As time slowly ticked by, Kagome and Souta played cards and made battle plans to get the twins back.
Soon night came and had almost passed, when Kagome finally decided that she should speak with the doctor about Rin's condition. While Kagome did so, Souta was watching over her with curious eyes. He found himself wondering why Rin was with Inuyasha's half-brother, not even realizing that the small girl had awoken from her long sleep.

Rin opened her tired eyes to find herself in a room she was not familiar with. Trying to keep herself from screaming out in panic, she looked around the room. She tried once more to scream out when she saw a boy near her age standing a little too close.

Souta smiled at the frightened girl, trying to calm her of her panic.

"Are you thirsty, Rin?" Seeing her nod, he got up and went to get some water for her. "Here."As she took the glass from him, Rin drank her fill. After quenching her extreme thirst, she put down the glass to look around again, only to renew the panic from before.
Walking into the room to find Rin awake, Kagome ran to the bed.

"Rin, are you okay?" she asked hurriedly.

"Kagome-nee-chan!" Rin yelled loudly.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm here," Kagome soothed the small girl.

"Rin wants Sesshomaru-sama!" Rin cried out.

"Rin. Shh, calm down," Kagome softy ordered her. After a few moments, Rin relaxed. Kagome launched into her story, telling the frightened Rin all there was to know and why she was so far away from her father figure.

Soon Rin fell asleep again, with Kagome's hand held tightly in hers. Kagome smiled at her. Her thoughts of Rin were finally able to rest, and she switched to think about none other than her own children, hoping that they were okay.

A/N-Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next one should be done soon. Bye