InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome, The Prized Possession ❯ Shit happens... ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 8: Shit happens

Inuyasha was wearing a white t-shirt and black jeans as he sat in his most favorite seat at the studio looking at all the Japanese men auditioning for the role of his and Kikyo's gig.

It was all types of men, some tall and athletic and attractive, some were the complete opposite, but knowing Inuyasha, he was never the kind of guy who would say if another guy was attractive. Just wasn't his style. He had no problem telling that to the ladies though which would come after he interviewed the men on line at the huge studio.

The studio itself was nothing perfect. It was huge with camera's and other film equipment lying around for the workers to get to when ever they were shooting a video, this studio didn't have as much equipment as it should have though it was only just for the day since so many people were there.

Inuyasha slouched back in his chair gravely annoyed at the idea of having to be there all day to interview a bunch of men and some of the men being even too ugly to be salvaged in a regular family photo. It was work though. No one lived scot-free, sadly.

Kikyo came into the studio just then, she ignored the sounds of the whistling men and just continued her way towards Inuyasha with a clipboard in hand wearing another one of her tight an alluring dresses that favored her slender figure.

Inuyasha heard the sound of her red pumps hitting against the floor and he slouched even more in his chair, not even turning around to look at her properly.

"Inuyasha," Kikyo held up the clipboard, "This is the list of names from the men over there that you should be calling out one-by-one. Sitting on your ass isn't an option, we need to get this over with and done for our MONEY."

At the sound of MONEY from Kikyo's lips made Inuyasha scoff. It was money that had him in this situation in the first place. Money that made him lose the only woman he ever loved and won't even give him chance to redeem himself. What woman would forgive her boyfriend if she thought he was a porn star? However, Inuyasha wasn't a porn star, he was a porn director and Kikyo would rally up people to do the scenes that HE would direct. They were partners.

"Money isn't everything," Inuyasha sat up in his seat properly; "You'll find that out soon enough. I have."

Kikyo only rolled her eyes as she dropped the clipboard in his lap and turned around to make her exit without even giving Inuyasha a second glance or a snort that would further express her annoyed emotion.

Inuyasha didn't even watch her leave, neither did he that time she was in his house which was the first time he ever invited her there. He only did it because he didn't want the business they were conducting to be out there in the street. They wanted it to be discussed in person and not over the phone where they feared someone might be listening. As original as they were they had to keep it on the low or else their funds would lose its high pay.

Inuyasha gripped the clipboard tightly when the image of Kagome slapping him in the face entered his mind and he gritted his teeth.

My whole life was ruined for the shit... Inuyasha thought.

Inuyasha read the name from the clipboard and yelled, "Miroku."

One of the men left the line to approach Inuyasha, he was wearing a black muscle shirt to show off his abs and beige khaki pants, his eyes were dark along with his hair which wasn't long but still the guy managed to have it pulled back in a pony-tale, his skin was pale with a hint of tan...not enough tan to be significant, however.

"Okay you're applying for..." Inuyasha let his voice trail so that Miroku would be able to answer him.

Miroku did, "Any scene just no gay scenes. I am a man who's on a mission to please as many women as possible."

Inuyasha smirked at this statement.

That comment deserves a response, Inuyasha knew.

"So you can do it for free then," Inuyasha slipped in just to counter Miroku's comment.

Miroku scratched the back of his head nervously and let out an uneasy laugh, "The best things in life should be free, but my landlord feels otherwise."

Inuyasha nodded, "Understood. What's your desired salary?"

"I don't know why recruiters ask me this," Miroku smiled faintly, "The amount of money you guys got here, I doubt will fit my desired salary."

Inuyasha looked at Miroku in the corner of his eye and flashed a half grin.

Miroku, you're doing just fine, Inuyasha thought.

Miroku was Inuyasha's best friend. There's no other way to say why he only called him by his first name that remarkably APPEARED at the top of the list. Inuyasha would always look out for his friend whenever he needed to earn some money in a quick amount of time doing something he loved.

"So when can you start," Inuyasha laughed suddenly when he saw Miroku gave him a look. "Alright, if you're chosen then we'll call. We have all your information here."

Miroku nodded and gave out his hand for Inuyasha to shake it, "It's been a pleasure."

"See you later," Inuyasha said after he shook his hand.

Miroku nodded, "Much later."

Inuyasha smiled to himself as he continued on reading the names that came next.

This is going to be a long day, Inuyasha realized. Not only that, but I have to call my brother to let him know when I'll be arriving in New York.

~*~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*

Kagome heard a knock at her door and her head shot up from her bed, she dozed off without even realizing it and still incoherent she said aloud, "Sesshomaru?"

Oh shit! I fell asleep, what if this is his second attempt to see if I was home; Kagome feared as rushed to the door and opened it.

"Kagome," Sesshomaru grimaced when he saw the sight of her ruffled hair and her face that still had to essence of just waking up on her. "Forgive me for being so inconsiderate."

Sesshomaru, I let him see me like this!

Kagome's eyes suddenly widened.

"Is something wrong?" Sesshomaru couldn't help but to be concerned at her sudden facial expression. "If you made other plans due to my incompetence I understand."

"No, it's just," Kagome let out a shy laugh, "I just woke up so I look a little weird. I guess if we're going to be friends then there will be incidents that'll occur when you will see me when I first wake up so...this is just, I don't know..."

Sesshomaru smirked, "You're beautiful to me so...I don't pay attention to things that hold much significance to what makes you the admirable thing that you are."

Kagome was wide awake then as her face suddenly turned beet red.

Oh my god, how could he say that? I wonder if NYU really teaches a person to be that suave and...Damn sexy!

"Um..." Kagome was at a loss of words.

"Is it alright if I taste your tea now," Sesshomaru stopped himself suddenly, "That is, if you don't want to hurry out?"

Oh, that reminds me...what time is it? I wanted to go to Chinatown, but it's better if you go at an earlier time than this. By the time we'll get there, everything will be just closing. I really have no idea what's going to become of this evening, but I don't want to end it just yet. Oh, yea...I wanted to make him tea!

"Come on in," Kagome stepped aside so that Sesshomaru could enter and she found herself admiring his back side a bit too much for her own good. "It's a one bedroom with a kitchen so...the kitchen is right over there. You can have a seat, while I get things started."

Sesshomaru stood there and waited for Kagome to close to door and go into the kitchen to follow rather than go in himself.

So I got a hot guy in my house, Kagome smirked despite herself. What are the odds? I am starting to understand that statement called, God bless America. In my case, Buddha, bless America.

Kagome gestured her hand down on one of the seats and Sesshomaru sat down, he sat down slowly, and when Kagome saw this she suddenly froze in mid-action running water from the sink into the teapot.

Does he feel...uncomfortable by any chance? Kagome wondered.

It was too surprising on why it took someone like Sesshomaru to adjust to being in a place like Kagome's kitchen. It was almost too apparent that he stood out, his golden eyes, silver long hair that stopped at his waist not to mention his clothing that did anything BUT make him look bad.

Then there was Kagome's little kitchen. The table was square and pushed up against the wall with two chairs on the remaining corners of it, six feet away was the cupboard full with upside-down teacups and a small amount of plates, then four feet down from that on the left side was the stove and right next to it was a sink.

Sesshomaru looked as if he forced himself to get comfortable as he leaned back in one of Kagome's wooden chairs; a chair that wasn't the best chair to sit in for a man of his height, and then his hair that once fell freely down his back was now scrunched up due to the slouching.

Kagome put the teapot over the fire and turned around slowly, half embarrassed yet something else...

"You're not comfortable are you?" It might as well had of been a rhetorical question from Kagome's lips.

Sesshomaru pulled the zipper down to his leather jacket slowly before he took it off to place in his lap.

Damn! Kagome's eyes zeroed in on his arms. Oh my god...

Sesshomaru was wearing a black turtle-neck, but through the fabric anyone with eyes could see that Sesshomaru worked out, either that or the shirt was too tight for both their own good.

"I'll take it," Kagome took his jacket from his lap and exited the kitchen where she could feel Sesshomaru's golden eyes scanned her back as she walked away.

Kagome let out a breath while in front of her closet now, turning slight around to see if Sesshomaru was looking she took a quick sniff of the leather.

Ralph Polo, Kagome knew instantly. He's wearing Ralph Polo cologne. It smells so good...

The image of her kissing Sesshomaru's neck entered her mind as she was enraptured by the fragrance.

"What kind of tea are we having?"

Hearing Sesshomaru's voice made her snap out of that sudden image and place the jacket on the hanger in the closet before returning to the table.

Not good...I feel weird, Kagome realized. Is Sesshomaru, just his presence making feel not like myself? I'm having all these thoughts that I am not going to wait for a man and when Sesshomaru gets here I am just...

Kagome returned to the kitchen with a bright smile on her face, "Any kind for my guest."

Sesshomaru and Kagome's eyes met, and that's when Kagome felt like a cat being chased by a big and sexy dog whose eyes seemed to challenge hers for that instant. Even though Sesshomaru never said aloud what he wanted to say to Kagome's comment but the eyes were answer enough.

"I have Celeste Lemon Zinger tea," Kagome said after a sudden uneasy pause. "It's pretty good. I like it, so to be honest I don't have a selection but-"

"It is fine."

Sesshomaru voice, Kagome thought about it. Sesshomaru has a deep voice that's strong and sex and can send chills down someone's spine had he whispered sweet things in their ear. If Sesshomaru ever thought about a job in the phone sex industry...sadly, I would call and due to having Sesshomaru they would make a killing!

Kagome brought out the teacups from the cupboard with the saucers as well, setting them on each side of the table she then went into her cupboard again for the tea. Kagome almost looked like a waitress as she removed the paper from the bags before placing them in the cup, and instantly she turned around to grab the wooden handle of the teapot and poured the hot water into the cups.

Sesshomaru watched her admirably as Kagome turned the fire off to the stove where she placed the teapot again, allowing her to sit with Sesshomaru since everything was everything.

"That quite a hasty performance," Sesshomaru began as he glanced at his teabag seeping in his cut.

"I was a waitress in Japan," Kagome brought her teacup to her lips and began to blow it lightly, "Have you ever been?"

"Yes," Sesshomaru smirked. "I am of Japanese descend, but there are mixtures. It's quite complicated I assure you. Though I haven't spent all my life in Japan, most of it, I don't deny my heritage. I have a brother who lives in Japan that I haven't seen in years-"

"Older?"

"Younger, by not too much," Sesshomaru removed the bag from his tea when he saw it had seeped enough into the hot water. "We are not close; however, he's planning to visit me soon. Perhaps, I'll introduce you."

"Perhaps," Kagome raised an eyebrow as she sipped her tea. "Why perhaps?"

"If you desire I be blunt," Sesshomaru then said before he pressed the cup to his lips, "I want you for myself."

Kagome's face matched a beet.

Oh my...I totally didn't see that coming...

"Um," Kagome giggled a bit as she stared down at her tea to avoid his eyes. "So you have a sense of humor-"

"I am not laughing."

...Oh...Buddha...

Kagome smiled suddenly, "Sesshomaru, I, well what do you think will happen between us? Perhaps, this question isn't appropriate to ask, but...I like spending time with you, and I know it's only been the second day, and maybe it's too soon-"

"You rather I leave?"

"No," Kagome suddenly looked up at him and saw that his golden eyes didn't turn away from her for even a second. "I want you to stay. I'm enjoying myself with you, and it's been such a long time since I spent time with a very handsome man-"

"You think I am handsome?"

"Yes," Kagome smiled just then as she saw Sesshomaru's soft lips curl to form a smile as well, "I want to know where this can go. I am not so experienced in stuff like this."

"Where it can go," Sesshomaru's smiled erased, "Do you have a feeling that I'm coming onto you?"

I wish...

"No," Kagome shook her head. "Not at all, it's just rare for me to be so comfortable with a man I've only just met. It's overwhelming."

Sesshomaru nodded, "Perhaps, it's only fitting that we get to know each other right here and right now. I gather that would loosen your overwhelming feeling."

"Like asking each other about our relationships?"

"That's getting to know a situation," Sesshomaru placed his teacup down and smirked deviously. "I think we should take the time to know each other. Tell me what pleases you, and vice versa-"

Kagome gasped, "Sexually?"

Sesshomaru chuckled, "Not necessarily, but it is an option. Sex is a subject that might be too overwhelming for me at the moment. I have nothing to comment on that action."

I'm sure you do, Kagome thought wickedly. I am quite curious. Sesshomaru is athletic, educated, and sexy and well...usually when you have a man in front of you with so many good traits it's admiring. My mother would want me to marry Sesshomaru for that alone. As much as I'd like to have a deep conversation with Sesshomaru...I don't think I can handle it in all honesty. If Sesshomaru says something sweet in my ear with his voice I might lose my virginity instantly. I am so tempted though, but no. I'll keep my questions rated PG13.

"Sounds like an interesting suggestion," Kagome said finally, "where do you want to start?"

"On sexual interest you mean?"

Kagome gripped her tea cup and her eyes suddenly lowered.

I am so childish, but his voice...

Kagome shook her had and smiled, "No, I mean, you know regular. Like your zodiac sign or favorite color-"

"My sign is a Scorpio and my favorite color is white."

Someone would think it was black judging by what he's wearing...

"Heh," Kagome laughed slightly, "You answered quickly-"

"Now may I ask?"

Kagome saw Sesshomaru press his lips against the teacup before saying softly, "How could a man like me overwhelm you?"

Wait...is this sexual...didn't he agree...

"What?" Kagome was confused.

"Earlier you said," Sesshomaru explained as he placed his tea cup down, "that it's rare for you to be comfortable with a man you just met. That it's overwhelming. I guess I should ask, why you feel comfortable with me."

After that question...I wish it was sexual. How do explain something like what Sesshomaru's asking?

Kagome slouched in her chair and admitted lowly, "I don't know."

"That's bad."

"It is?" Kagome grimaced. "You're probably right."

"I'll tell you why I'm right," Sesshomaru spoke so soft that Kagome felt chills run down her spine, "I could easily throw you on top of the table and rip your clothes right off your bare skin, lye you back against your own kitchen table and have you as I will."

Kagome swallowed a big chunk of air; she didn't know how to go about the image that entered her mind. The image of Sesshomaru desiring her so much that he simply had to have her against her very own will; his strong body up against her small one right before he shoved his member inside of her.

Kagome then asked, while the image danced in her mind, "What are you saying?"

"I'm simply saying that there's something about me," Sesshomaru explained, "that made you have some type of trust to even let me step foot in your home, the very place where you rest your head when I could very well be a rapist or worse. I could be but I am not. What is it about me?"

I'm turned on right now... Kagome realized.

Kagome gripped her arms suddenly almost looking as if she was shivering just then as she stuttered, "You, I don't believe you would do something like that. I know I just met you, but I trust my instincts to believe that you're a kind and respectable man that's the epitome of where hard work can get you. Besides status or the fact that you're beautiful, you're original. I want to know you and see what other things I'm sure I'd like about you."

"I was too strong with you before," Sesshomaru lowered his eyes. "I'm sorry; I can see that you might not believe I'm so kind right now - after what I said. I can be over descriptive. Perhaps, I can't handle a subject like this."

Sesshomaru got up.

I'm acting stupid. Why am I being like this over what he said?

Maybe because you were too turned on that he said it...

"I should be going..." Sesshomaru said. "I feel as though I made you feel too awkward by that statement."

He's leaving because he thinks he offended you...

Kagome let out a laugh, "I heard worse of the subway. I really want you to stay longer if you can. I like being able to talk to someone. I want you to stay so we can talk because...we're getting to know each other."

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow, "Are we?"

Kagome nodded, "I want us to become good friends. I need male friends in my life so let's do something friendly. Like, let's watch a movie together or you cook dinner for me or I'll cook for you."

"That's fine," Sesshomaru smirked. "Let me know when you wish to do these things. I do work and have a daughter - adopted, but daughter no less."

Kagome smiled, "Well tonight we can see a movie or go out to eat. I'll let you decide."

"Let's eat in," Sesshomaru suggested after a pause. "We can order or I can go and pick us up some Chinese food. Maybe even a movie so we'll be doing both."

Yes we would...beautiful Sesshomaru...

"I'll get your jacket and you can surprise with the movie and food," Kagome smiled when she saw Sesshomaru smirk. "I'd like to be surprised by you."

Kagome got up from her seat now and gripped Sesshomaru's shoulder lightly with her hands before she leaned over to kiss him on his cheek.

His skin...so soft...

Kagome looked up in his eyes now face to face, "I owe for the kiss you gave me earlier. I liked your kiss more though. Mines...I don't know," Kagome suddenly laughed, "I tend to be shy and-"

Sesshomaru leaned down with his silver hair falling to the side of his face, and grabbed her by her arms.

"Sesshomaru," Kagome breathed dismayed as she felt his strong body move closer to hers, "What are you..."

Sesshomaru held her close to his chest, and Kagome felt her heart beat fast at the feel of his warm and strong embrace.

What was that for...?

"Sesshomaru," Kagome found her arms wrapped him. "This feels nice."

"Friends can do this," Sesshomaru suddenly let go. "Lovers aren't so limited."

Sesshomaru let go and Kagome's whole body ached, her eyes widened at the sight of him stepping back, smiling with his soft and smooth lips. At any moment Kagome was sure she was going to fall, that moment where he embraced her, his strong arms around her and she held him back all the same left her weak, confused, and dazed.

Friends can do this...lovers aren't so limited.

"Is something wrong," Sesshomaru looked down at her with his golden eyes and when Kagome look at him once more her heart sank, and consciousness drifted away as she looked back at him expressionless. "I should hurry to get the food."

Kagome nodded dumb-founded.

"I don't need a jacket," Sesshomaru walked to the door and began to unlock it as Kagome stood there making no attempt to move. "Lock the door behind me. I wouldn't want someone trying to get into your home while I'm not around to protect you. See you in a few minutes."

Friends can do this...lovers aren't so limited.

He held me so tight... Kagome thought. I could feel so much warmth radiating from him that it overwhelmed me. He overwhelms me...what is it? What is it about him?

Kagome slowly walked to the door and locked it before she lied back on her bed.

"I could easily throw you on top of the table and rip your clothes right off your bare skin, lye you back against your own kitchen table and have you as I will."

Kagome lied on the bed and gripped her pillow tightly as Sesshomaru's words echoed in her head.

Kagome shut her eyes momentarily before she opened them again.

My whole body is weird. It reminds me of when Inuyasha kissed my neck, the night we almost slept together, but with Sesshomaru - he being here I'm so turned on by him...it's annoying. It's weird...

Kagome then remember Sesshomaru's statement.

Lovers aren't so limited...

Kagome despite herself slid her hand between her legs and there she felt wetness.

"This is a problem," Kagome brought her hand back up towards her face to see her wetness for herself. "No man has turned me on like that."

A/N: Review please! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. More excitement to come!