InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome! Where are you?! ❯ Dinosaur world: day 1 evening & next day ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 13

Dinosaur World 1: Evening & Next Day.

Corrected by Angelica Birmingham.

_____________________


Sesshomaru thinks, 'I do stink and it is best if I do clean up.' He looks at Kagome, who is standing next to him with some of her things in her hands. He looks back at the river. He allows a small sigh to escape.

"Give." He holds out his hand to Kagome. "This Sesshomaru supposes that if he was to mention privacy."

"He'd be told, no." She smiles at him and hands him the soap, "It is a dangerous world, and we need to be together."

He goes to the edge of the river and begins to undress. He enters the river nude.

Kagome thinks as she watches him enter the river. 'His and Inu-yasha's body . . . I knew from last night that they were similar, but . . . they look so alike . . . '

While she does watch Sesshomaru, on occasion she will look away. 'I can't let him see my smile. With only one hand to clean up . . . no. Don't ask to help him. He'll say no and he'll think I'm after his body. The last couple of nights that we slept together is an aberration, not normal.'

'This soap and shampoo is different from what I'm used to. Much better quality. Only one hand this time, which makes cleaning harder, but, I'm not going to ask her for help.' Sesshomaru thinks.

He sniffs, 'Small animals, nothing large near us.' He glances at Kagome. She glances away. 'But, I can smell her. My body is having its normal effect on young women. Although she continues not to throw herself on me, like young women should do.'

Sesshomaru, after cleaning himself, leaves the water and dresses. 'Gods . . . even from the front . . . their bodies are. . . *gulp*. . . similar.' Kagome thinks, as she twirls around blushing. 'Control yourself, girl. You love Inu-yasha, not his brother.'

Sesshomaru allows a small smile to grace his lips as he dresses. 'Good, my body is affecting hers the same way her body affected mine. But, I must control myself better. She is only human.'

"Now what, woman?" he says in his standard bored tone after he dresses.
"I still want to do some sightseeing, Sesshomaru. Just remember if some dinosaurs begin to attack, just grab me and fly up, ok?"

"And if there are flying monsters?"

"Then land. Just do whatever you need to prevent a battle, please, Lord Sesshomaru."

He raises his eyebrows, but sighs. "Very well, human. Besides these monsters are not a challenge, anyway."

She sighs, shakes her head and mumbles, "Men."

His eyebrow raises, but he doesn't react to it.

She stands next to him. He places his arm around her. His flying cloud forms and they lift off.

They spend the rest of the afternoon flying around. Kagome uses up her roll of film. "I wish I had more. But I want to save what I've got next for other worlds." She pauses, looks at him and says, "Don't think I'm giving up, Sesshomaru. I just don't think we'll have the luck to get home so quickly."

He nods back to her.

They do find some fruits and nuts for Kagome as they travel.

'There that fills up this empty cup of ramen.' she thinks as she duct tapes up an empty cup. 'Hopefully, I can get at least some of these to grow when I get back home.'

'What is with this woman? There are times when I do not know what to do around her . . . ' Sesshomaru thinks.

Kagome has taken out a bag of what she called potato chips and is using them to feed some of the smaller dinosaurs in the forest. Before half the bag is gone, she has gathered at least half-a-dozen small mammals and small dinosaurs around her. They are allowing her to feed them by hand, in peace.

"See, Sesshomaru, peace does work." She glances at him as she stands up. She spreads her hands, "All gone, guys."

Later . .

As night falls Sesshomaru flies them back to the cave, he made the night before.

"After you eat, woman, this Sesshomaru will see how badly my brother has trained you with that sword of yours."
"Inu-yasha has not trained me, Sesshomaru, sir."

"Then the exterminator."

"Sango has not trained me, either."

"You have no training with swords?"

"Yes, I have no training."

"You will after tonight."

As Kagome fixes herself dinner, Sesshomaru is making a clearing and setting up torches. He uses a match borrowed from Kagome to light them.

After dinner Kagome thinks, 'I asked for this. I've watched Sango practice enough to know I'm going to be hurting in a short while.' She shakes her head as she approaches Sesshomaru.

She places her hand on the hilt of the sword as she stands a couple of meters from Sesshomaru.

He draws Tokijin. He says, "You know human, with Tenseiga this Sesshomaru does not have to hold back." He smiles.

She pales, gulps and shakes.

His smile grows as he says, "This Sesshomaru will be kind. You will be allowed one mistake. But the next time you make the same mistake, this Sesshomaru will show you no mercy."

"Draw your sword, human." he states.

Kagome draws her sword.

"I will enjoy tasting your blood, human."

Later .

'I was correct. Her blood has nice flavor to it.' he thinks as he licks his sword.

He is standing over her body. 'Hmmm . . . I could just leave her like this. It would be easy. I only need her alive for a few minutes to activate the cube.' he thinks.

"I do not need her cooperation. Besides, there was that scroll I found in that snake demon-lord lair. It had some very nice observations on torture and how to use it to make slaves. Interesting reading. And there are enough raw materials here that I can make the torture devices necessary."

He bends down and flips her body over onto its back. His eyes flick over the damage he caused. "It would be easy to kill her again and again until she becomes my slave. With power over her, she will obey me." He remembers . . .

Kagome is screaming at him. "You, all you do is kill. Even your name declares how good a killer you are. Killing is easy, Sesshomaru. Cowards and weaklings kill. A strong person will find other ways to handle problems, not kill everything in sight! Like you do!"

Sesshomaru purses his lips.

He draws Tenseiga. "You live, Higurashi Kagome, because I will prove to you that Sesshomaru, lord of the western lands, the eldest son of the great dog demon is not a coward or a weakling. You will learn to follow my orders, but I will not cheat."

He slashes her with the Tenseiga.

Her eyes open. She breathes deeply and her hands go to her throat. "I messed up again, didn't I?"

"Tomorrow we will practice again." He points off in the distance. "There is a stream in that direction. We will go there and clean up. Then we will sleep."

She nods her head in agreement.

Later . . .

Sesshomaru's eyes snap awake.

He instantly adjusts his clothes that have twisted around his waist. 'Dreams are stupid things. She is human.'

Sesshomaru is looking at Kagome as she sleeps in the cave he made. 'What is it about you, Higurashi Kagome? Your body, especially for a human, attracts me. Your mind, or is the knowledge from your home? Either one is causing me to rethink what I knew about human intelligence. Your spirit . . . It's not normal. You should obey me, without question or comment. Instead, when you think you are right, you stand your ground. I should be disgusted with you. Instead . . . I dream.'

He whispers, "I will not fall into the same trap my father and my brother has fallen into, Higurashi Kagome."

Kagome shifts in her sleep.

"Inu-yasha . . . " Kagome whimpers in her sleep. "Where are you . . . " She turns around and wraps her arms around Sesshomaru.

He narrows his eyes, opens his mouth to yell at her, but he closes his mouth. She is still asleep.

"Inu-yasha . . " she whispers into Sesshomaru's ears.
"Woman. Wake up." He shakes her shoulder.

She wakes up, starts. "Oh! Sesshomaru! You startled me."

"I am not my idiot brother, woman."

She pales. "I was talking in my sleep, wasn't I?"

He growls.

"I am sorry, Lord Sesshomaru." Her voice firms, "But I cannot control my dreams."

"Learn to."

She rolls her eyes. She sighs. "I'll try."

He nods.

'How I wish, Inu-yasha was sleeping next to me.' she thinks. 'It's a good thing, him waking me up, otherwise . . . well, explaining why I'm wet . . . is not something I want to. Stupid body, don't dream of him like that.'

They sleep within arms length of each other . . .

In the morning . . .

After breakfast . . .

Kagome is tracing the patterns on the cube. 'I'm going to make duplicates of this trace. I want to make sure I can come back here.'

Sesshomaru, who was standing over her shoulder watching her, growls "Woman."

She glances at him, "Yes, Sesshomaru, sir."

"Since the cube might drop us on any type of world, we will spend this morning gathering supplies, not sightseeing, as you called it. You will gather and fill your water bags. You will gather whatever nuts and fruits you can find. I will gather some food for myself."

She stands in front of him without moving.

"Woman, I expect you to obey my orders."

"Demon, I expect some, at least, politeness when being asked to do a favor."
They stare at each other.

Kagome sighs, "Lord Sesshomaru, I'm going to do what you mentioned, not because you ordered it, but because it's a good plan."

She twirls around and starts to go through her bag. "Would it kill you to say please?" she whispers.

He does not say a thing.

She sighs, 'ok, let's try this, then.' she thinks. "And here I thought Inu-yasha was a rude person." she mumbles, seemingly to herself.

Sesshomaru reaches over, picks her up and twirls her around. "Mentioning my brother is not a good thing, human woman."

"Does that excuse your rudeness?" she asks calmly.

He pauses. "No . . . and you are not my formal servant." . . "Very well. Please."

She nods. "Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru of the western lands." She smiles, "I will gladly do as you desire."

As she begins to go through her bag again, she stops, turns and says, "And I apologize for mentioning your brother."

He nods.

Later . . .

"The light has changed woman."

"I see it. Are you ready?"

"Yes. Let's do it."

________________________

In the present day . .

In the hills of Montana.

'Ok, who's the joker?' an undergraduate student thinks, as he cleans up a rock. 'This was supposed to be fossilized Tyrannosaurs Rex shit. So why is there a modern-looking button in it?'

The end chapter 13 . . . __________________________
Preview chapter 14: A vs. P part 1

Sesshomaru's first impression of the new world he and Kagome are on is heat, dry heat.

The second impression is that there are two suns in the sky above.

He looks around. He is in the middle of a dry barren wasteland. Cliffs of reddish brown bare rock stretch endlessly off into the distance. 'A desert that looks like what I thought of when I read the stories of the Gobi desert of China.' he thinks.

Nothing green is in sight.

"No." Kagome whispers.

He looks at Kagome in surprise.

"I made a mistake last time. This can't be Tatooine."

____________________

Authors' note: For readers that might be wishing me to move things along faster. Please note Kagome and Sesshomaru have been together 4 days at the end of this chapter. I'm not going to have them jump in bed with each other that quickly, Ok.

They have to go through some more life/death episodes first . . .

I could, perhaps, have added a couple of additional scenes with dinosaurs. Kagome trying to stand or sit on the back of triceratops. Finding a T. Rex to get some pictures of. Perhaps a couple of more, but . . . Those scenes never really clicked for me. Sorry. (In addition the number reviews of the last couple of chapters have declined, so I'm moving the storyline along to the next world.)

The next world is going to be a simple good vs. evil fight. They'll have to work together to survive foes that would kill them . . .

Thank you for reading jeff shelton