InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Kagome! Where are you?! ❯ the world with NO magic part 1 ( Chapter 40 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome where are you

Chapter 40: the world with no magic. Part 1

__________________________________________________

Kagome and Sesshomaru appear.

Kagome is wearing a plain white robe, with a sword strapped to her side.

Sesshomaru is wearing a plain white robe, a white backpack on his back and two swords strapped to his side.

She takes a deep breath, as if from shock. She thinks in a panic, `there is no magic in this world . . . '

Kagome looks around in fright. They are standing in a small clearing in an oaken forest. It is high summer on a hot day. Nobody is around them.

Sesshomaru coughs, goes down to one knee, as if the weight of the backpack was too much. "Kagome . . . " He sputters . . .

Sesshomaru collapses onto the ground . . .

She rushes to his side, bending over him. She tries to take off the backpack, so she can flip him over and examine him.

Kagome thinks in a panic, `No magic . . . he is a magical being . . . is he alive?'

Kagome bends down next to Sesshomaru near his head.

He is breathing.

`He's alive!' she thinks in relief. `Let's get this backpack off him.'

It takes her a minute, but she gets the backpack off him.

She opens his robe, `the spirits in our clothes are either dead or asleep, like he is.' She places her ear over his heart.

His heart is beating normally.

She sighs. `Maybe it was just the shock of not having any magic and he'll wake up, soon.' She shakes her, `Yes, I must look on the bright side. There is no need to try to wake him up, now. I'll just make him comfortable and wait for now.'

She reaches into the backpack, finds the small pillows that came with the elven sleeping bags. She places both of them under his head, spreading the thin sleeping bag over him. `There. He's ok for now. Let's look around and see if I can find out anything.'

She leaves him, but her head is constantly swiveling around, looking at him.

`Just to be sure.' Kagome touches all three swords. Nothing....

She finds the cube and examines it. The red light is on, it is a little less intense than it is normally, but, it's there. `Chaos' she thinks. `Perhaps it includes some technology in addition to the magic that I've always felt from it. If so . . . _ we're not stuck here. But . . . it might take longer than two days.'

She gets up and walks around the clearing, scouting the area. Her right hand goes to the hilt of her sword. `I cannot be afraid . . . even though it's a new world, and he's out cold . . . And the only thing to protect us, is me.' She shivers, since she knows how limited her training is.

The surrounding forest is full of green oak trees. It is the height of summer, so there are plenty of birds, squirrels and other small animals around. She looks at the ground as she walks around.

She is trying to see if there are any tracks and she makes sure doesn't disturb anything. `Inu-yasha has yelled at me enough times as he is trying to track, that, at least, I know what not to do.' She thinks.

She looks at the sun, `assuming we're on earth, and judging by the tress and animals, I'm sure we are, it's about midmorning.'

`No large animal tracks. So we should be safe, at least temporally.' She purses her lips as she thinks. `For now, I'm going to stay with Sesshomaru and watch after him. Later, if nothing happens . . . We'll see.'

She returns to Sesshomaru's side. She sits down next to him, moving the backpack behind her, to rest against. She moves him, so his head is resting on her lap. She brushes his hair off of his face. `Even his hair feels different, here.' She swallows. One finger traces around his mouth, `I wonder what is going on inside him. He seems to be sleeping peacefully, but . . . '

Time passes as Kagome sits, combing Sesshomaru's hair, his head resting on her lap.

She yawns, glances at the sun. it's noontime. `I don't care what that sun says. I've been awake for a while.' She shakes her head, trying to clear it. `This is just like an all-night study session, Kagome. Do not you dare fall asleep. He'd never forgive you, if he was to wake up and I'm asleep.'

She reaches into the backpack and pulls out her social study's book and begins to read. `If this is an all-night study session, so, let's study . . . ' The book is placed beside her, one hand changes the pages, her other hand gently resting on Sesshomaru's forehead as his head continues to occupy her lap.

An hour or so later . . .

Sesshomaru moans.

Kagome quickly throws the book away and whispers, "Sesshomaru?"

His eyelids move as his pupils shift under them. He is dreaming.

"k.... Kagome." His mouth forms.

She bends down, "I'm here, Sesshomaru? What do you need?"

He doesn't move . . .

`Nothing. He's dreaming and must be speaking in his sleep.' She thinks.

"No love . . . hate . . . " He mumbles. His head shifts, his arms and legs twitch.

`He must be having a nightmare? Do I wake him?' she thinks. `Yes, I've woken up Shippo enough times during his nightmares to know that it doesn't hurt.'

"Sesshomaru" She calls to him in a louder voice. She begins to shake him, trying to wake him up.

Nothing . . .

"Rin . . . " he whispers.

"Inu-yasha . . . sword . . . mine . . . " He mumbles. "Kill . . . Him . . . Her . . . "

`I don't want to hurt him . . . but I can't seem to wake him up.' Kagome bites her lips. "In that case." She whispers. She begins to rock him, gently, whispering, "I'm here. Kagome's here. You're safe."

"Jakken . . . Bored . . . find . . . Sword . . .

Kagome frowns, `find the sword . . . but he just said kill inu-yasha because of that damned sword . . . his mind must be going backward? Maybe?' she thinks.

"bored . . . stupid . . . humans . . . kill . . . "

Sesshomaru becomes still . . . "Sesshomaru?" she whispers as she feels his body tense up.

"No . . . Mother . . . Don't . . . I'll kill her." He cries, sitting up violently in her arms. He collapses, still asleep as he mumbles. "Inu-yasha . . . I'm sorry . . . "

Kagome holds him tightly, as she whispers, "I'm here, Sesshomaru, feel me. Feel my love."

"Dad." Sesshomaru voice changes, like he is a young man or boy. "I'm do better. I'll get good . . . "

`He's reliving his life, from now to the past.' Kagome thinks in sudden insight.

"Mom." Sesshomaru whines, "no please. I good boy. Please. Don't hit . . . "

His entire body cringes and curls up in Kagome's lap.

Sesshomaru begins to cry . . . At first soft sobs, but they quickly change into full throated cries.

In between his cries he whines . . . "mommie . . . "

Kagome swallows hard, then begins to whisper to him, "Mommie's here. You're safe. Sesshomaru is safe. No one will hurt him while mommie is here."

After she repeats herself a couple of times, Sesshomaru calms down.

Kagome rocks him, whispering, "mommie is here. You are safe."

Sesshomaru's body relaxes in her lap. His eyelids stop moving. His breathing deepens and becomes regular again. `I think . . . I think he's done dreaming.' Kagome thinks after a bit.

Sesshomaru's body, though, is covered in sweat. `He doesn't sweat . . . ' Kagome thinks in wonder. `His body must be trying to adapt to the lack of magic.' She opens his robe and gently dries him.

As she dries him, his manhood begins to twitch and grow. Kagome's mouth twitches, `Just like that time with Miroku. The man might be asleep, but this . . . knows when a person is touching it.'

Her hands leave his body and they replace his robes covering him.

"I'm hungry." She whispers. "And he seems stable. So . . . " She slides his head back upon the pillows and stands up. She stretches and begins her normal camp routine, glancing at him on a constant basis.

In a few minutes she has a small, somewhat smoky fire going and is fixing her food. `I would have liked to have a fire with no smoke, but, I'm not going to leave the clearing looking for better wood.' Kagome thinks,

`Hmm . . . No magic. I wonder . . . that legend about food that he is so afraid of . . . It might not apply in this world.' She thinks as she eats. She sighs, "not that it'll matter, He'll never willingly let me feed him."

After a few minutes to clean up the area and to use the bushes, she sits next to Sesshomaru and replaces his head on her lap.

"What I am going to do with you, Sesshomaru?" She whispers, her fingers twirling his white hair. She sighs, "you tell me that you're willing to live with Inu-yasha . . . and then within hours of that offer you claim me, without any warning, as your mate."

"If you had asked . . . romantically . . . I might have." She shakes her head. "No. Be honest. I would have said yes. But instead . . . you, in the heat of the moment, I hope, but you assumed that I agreed to that. And I'm supposed to believe you, when you say you'll live peacefully with inu-yasha." She smiles, patting his head.

She sighs, "Not to mention, how Inu-yasha will react . . . `sit,boys' will stop the fight, but he never listens when he's in the crater. And he'll never agree to share me. Yes, he did with Miroku, but that was a weird night."

She glances at his crotch, "and . . . I'm sure you meant that sharing me as something like . . . I live with Inu-yasha for a couple of days, then live with you, Sesshomaru, for a couple of days, then we trade off again. Never both of you at the same time."

Her mouth twitches and she swallows, "Some of Yuka's brother's videos did have scenes of one girl and two boys . . . but I never thought of myself in that position. And I'm sure it will not happen, even if, Sesshomaru's plan does work."

She bends down and kisses his symbol on his forehead. "But . . . It is a good dream. Even if it'll never work." She sighs, "and, it's a happy ending, even if it's not the one that my mom dreamed of . . . and I will lie to myself and tell myself it'll work."

Kagome grabs her book and begins to read again. `I need to take my mind off that. There is nothing I can do about it, now.' She thinks.

A couple of hours pass, as she reads and studies.

Sesshomaru begins to moan and twitch in her lap.

Kagome places the book to one side and she whispers, "Sesshomaru?"

His eyelids flicker . . . he is dreaming again . . .

"Your mind is trying to adapt, isn't it." She whispers.

"K....Kagome." He whispers.

Her mouth twitches, "at least. It's about me this time. I hope it's a good dream, not the nightmare he had earlier."

"Love . . . you . . . " he says in a normal voice, although his eyes are still closed. "I want you."

His robes move around his crotch as his manhood grows.

Kagome grins, "yes, a nice dream." She bends over and kisses his forehead. "Yes, Sesshomaru, I'm here. And I love you, too."

"Want you." Sesshomaru says. "Only you . . . mate . . . " His hips thrust upward. His robe slides from his body, revealing his manhood.

Kagome's eyes flick from his face to his manhood. `Oh . . . no!' she thinks. `Do I try to wake him or . . . ' she thinks in a panic as she realizes exactly what type of dream he is having.

Before she can decide . . . it's too late.

Sesshomaru calms downs, his mouth grinning . . . as his semen pools on his stomach and chest as his manhood deflates.

"Sesshomaru!" She cries.

He blinks, waking up. "Ughhh." His body tenses, from shock, maybe. He groans involuntarily. "Kagome?"

She smiles and embraces him, hugging him tightly, with a slight squishy sound. "I'm here . . . Are you, Ok?"

"I... This Sesshomaru seems to be . . . fine." He hugs her as he whispers in her ear. "No magic?"

Kagome nods. "No magic. You've been unconscious for hours, Sesshomaru. I was afraid that you would never wake up."

"I am not a creature of pure magic, Kagome. And while this body is not my true shape, it is alive, so I can use it. No doubt, time was needed for my mind to adjust." He states, but his voice does sound a little unsteady.

Kagome nods, "yes, that is what I was thinking." She separates enough to look in his eyes. She blinks, "your eyes . . . "

He reaches up and feels his face and eyes. "What?"

"You know how your eyes were solid yellow." He nods. "Now, it just your pupil that is yellow, the rest of your eye looks like a human eye."

He grunts. "I need to get up and stretch, my body feels like I've just had a fight with Inu-yasha." He grins.

They separate and look down at their stomachs and chests. His semen covers both of them.

Kagome blushes. "Ummm . . . Just before you woke up . . . " she clears her throat. "I never had a chance to clean you." She whispers.

His hand goes to his stomach. "This Sesshomaru, no, I wish to apologize." He says in very embarrassed tone. "It's been . . . I can't remember the last time I lost control like this."

"It's ok, Sesshomaru." Kagome, her face still red from her blush, "you said my name."

Sesshomaru blinks, "still, I am sorry Lady Miko Higurashi Kagome. This is not appropriate " . . . and he thinks, `I don't think she'll appreciate being turned into a dog-demon and that she was under me as we were both in dog shape. So, I will not mention it.'

"There some towels in the backpack and some water." Kagome points. "You can clean up. I'll turn around, if you want."

Sesshomaru whispers, "thank you." They both stand up. His tail, instead of automatically wrapping itself around his shoulders, just dangles behind him. Sesshomaru has to stop and think before it stirs. His tail tries to wrap around him like normal, but Sesshomaru has to position it with his hands.

Kagome asks with concern coloring her voice, "Sesshomaru?"

He waves off the question, thinking hard.

Kagome bits her lips as she thinks, `I'll let him answer at his own pace. This world, I'm sure, is affecting him worse than it's affecting me. I can, at least, remember times before I fell down the well . . . and magic was just a make-believe word . . . not reality.'

He begins to clean up . . . about halfway through, and he stops. "Aren't you going to clean up?"

"After you finish."

He nods. "The cube?" he asks after a pause of a couple of seconds.

"The light's red and it's a little duller than normal. But . . . I can't feel anything from it. And I wonder, Sesshomaru . . . will we be here longer than two days?"

Sesshomaru frowns, "This Sesshomaru doesn't believe so, Higurashi Kagome."

"But the cube needs our powers . . . And we can't." She begins to say.

Sesshomaru interrupts her with, "You misunderstand, Higurashi Kagome. We shift according to the cube's power, not ours."

"But . . . We feel weaker."

"Because the cube attempts to control us. It did not try this time. I was unconscious, remember? That function of its power is probably based on magic and is useless in this world." He pauses and in an amused tone, he continues, "we are probably overpowering it and it's forced to shift worlds when we touch it."

"Like a power breaker. The breaker flips and turns off the device . . . Then, after it cools down, the breaker turns back on." Kagome mumbles.

"If This Sesshomaru understood you. You are correct."

Kagome blushes. `Power breakers . . . How is he going to know what I'm talking about . . . still . . . I think he's right.'

Kagome nods. "Yes, you are probably correct. I mean, the cube's been trying to get us killed so someone else can use it, so are our powers really necessary?"

Sesshomaru nods. "It didn't shift Rin or myself, because some god wanted it to wait . . . "

"Until we were together." Kagome finishes.

He nods. `Another thing to bring up when I determine which god.' He thinks in anger.

When he finishes cleaning, he hands her the water and a clean towel as she says, "As you clean up, This Sesshomaru will scout the area."

Kagome watches Sesshomaru as he stretches and tries to run. He stops and grabs a calf muscle, like he strained it.

"Is your body OK?"

"No. " He hisses. He turns away from her and looks into the forest. "Kagome, you do know that I'm a dog demon."

"Of course."

"Which means that my dog shape is my true shape." He waves at his body. "This shape is used because of the hands and the human mouth is better for language." He pauses. "I feel . . . half . . . no greater than half . . . dead."

Kagome runs to him and hugs him from behind. "Sesshomaru?"

He shakes his head, "there is nothing you can do about it, Kagome."

"Maybe not, Sesshomaru. But . . . I am here and I will help, all you have to do is ask."

He turns around in her grasp and kisses her forehead. "Thank you, my dear Kagome." He gently breaks her hug. "I do need to find out what this body can do."

Kagome nods and returns to the backpack and the small fire.

Sesshomaru jogs around for a couple of minutes. He stops, he growls, `I never thought. . . nothing. I'm as powerless as a human.' He looks at his hand, his fingers still have claws on them, but he can feel them bend as he presses on them.

`Inu-yasha . . . I was always disgusted by his monthly changes . . . IF this is how he feels.' He collapses his hand into a fist, digging his claws into the palm of his hand. `Sympathy is a weakness.'

"How are you feeling, Sesshomaru?"

"Weak. Powerless. Angry." He says as he looks into the woods.

"At me." Kagome says in a small voice . . .

Sesshomaru spins around, looking at Kagome. He can see tears starting to form in her eyes. He quickly goes to her and wraps an arm around her shoulders. "No. you thought I was angry at you for choosing this world?"

Kagome nods.

"Never. I'm angry at myself."

"Why?"

A pause . . .

"My brother."

Kagome blinks trying to make the connection. "Oh . . . I can see it. You've comparing this to when he turns human." She reddens. "You know?"

Sesshomaru looks at her like she's just grown a second head.

Kagome's blush deepens. "Of course. You grew up with him. You'd have to know that he changes into a human once a month."

"Of course." Sesshomaru frowns, "Whatever gave you the idea that this Sesshomaru did not know about that?"

"You never attacked him on that day."

"Which should have told you that I knew and that this Sesshomaru choose not to attack him on that day."

"Why?"

A pause . . .

"At first . . . I felt that if I did . . . then he won the war between us. He would have forced me to attack him, during his weakest time."

Sesshomaru's mouth twitches, "I could defeat him in battle any month I wanted, but, he would have won the war, even though he was dead. This Sesshomaru does not lose wars."

"At first? Later?" She whispers, hugging him in a silent thank you for his confession.

"Respect . . . A desire to meet him on an even battlefield."

Kagome reaches up and kisses Sesshomaru on his nose. "Thank you."

Sesshomaru's mouth twitches into a smile.

"Now, why are you angry?"

Sesshomaru whispers, "How can you stand it, Kagome? The silence of my ears, the deadness of my nose, my sense of touch . . . it's all gone . . . It's like I am all alone. Even the colors are wrong . . . "

She tightens her hug on him. "You're not alone. The colors?"

He hugs her back. "I know." He kisses her nose. "The reds and blues are more intense than they should be." He explains, as he shakes his head. Then he gently releases her.

He points to a bird on one of the nearby tree limbs. "My senses would have told me everything I needed about it. Now. I can barely see it. I can't smell it. My mystical senses are gone."

Kagome looks at the bird, "I would have thought you would have been . . . confused, saddened . . . maybe concerned." She pauses and in a small voice continues with, "or even frighten, maybe. But angry?"

A pause . . .

She grabs his hand and squeezes.

"I am . . . afraid. And I'm angry at myself for being afraid . . . " Sesshomaru whispers. Then quickly he continues, "Not for myself, of course. But for you, Kagome. I can't protect you, not like this."

She squeezes his hand, again. "Don't worry, Sesshomaru. I see no reason why we need to leave this clearing."

Sesshomaru raises an eyebrow, "And you've been wanting to explore every new world we've been on, why the change?"

"Because this is not our world. And we know the setting on the cube to avoid this world again." She shrugs, "What else do we need to know?"

"What else indeed." Sesshomaru wraps her up in his arms. He whispers, "what about your desire to help someone on this world?"

"I... without my powers, all I have is my first aid kit . . . and there isn't much in it, so . . . I can wait until the next world."

Sesshomaru nods and places his chin on the top of her head as he hugs her and wraps her up. She hugs him back. He stiffens, as he looks up into the sky . . .

"Sesshomaru?"

He releases her and points into the sky, "I've never seen clouds like that before."

Kagome looks up, she whispers, "contrails . . . "

Three thin contrails of clouds grow high in the sky as they watch.

"Contrails?"

"Those are clouds that are formed by airplanes going very fast, very high in the air, Sesshomaru." She pauses, "that means that this world has technology similar to mine."

Disappointment colors his voice as he says, "And now you'll want to explore?"

Kagome shakes her head, no. "Not really. My gut is telling me to leave this planet as quickly as possible."

Sesshomaru nods, "My instincts are telling me the same."

She frowns. "They are going very fast. And . . . They are flying in formation . . . " she pauses, then nods. "Military jets. Who else flies in formation?"

"Kagome?"

"Those are part of the military, imperial samurai, Ok . . . I wonder is it a training flight or a combat-related mission?"

"Given the world's we've been on, Miko Higurashi Kagome, This Sesshomaru must assume that if we meet anybody, it will involve combat."

She nods and shivers. "Modern war is a lot more destructive than you are familiar with Sesshomaru."

"I just destroyed a city, Kagome."

"And in modern warfare, they can destroy hundreds of cities, faster and more complete than that."

"interesting . . . "

Kagome shivers and breaks contact with Sesshomaru. "You're probably refuse, but do you need to eat?"

"I am hungry."

"I can fix you something . . . "

"Kagome, we've gone over this . . . "

"This is a world without magic, Sesshomaru . . . will that legend still work?"

a pause . . .

Sesshomaru shakes his head, no. "I will continue as before." He bows, slightly, to her, "however, thank you for the offer."

"Stay here in the clearing, while I hunt." He orders as he starts to leave the clearing.

After taking a couple of steps he stops, "Have you washed yourself?"

"Completely?"

"Yes."

"No. I wasn't going to leave you while I looked for a stream or pond."

"While I am hunting, I will see if I can find something."

He leaves.

Later . . .

Near sunset.

Sesshomaru returns to the clearing. His face is grim and hard. "Follow me, Kagome." He orders.

Kagome stands up, she had been thinking about laying down and going o sleep, but she was waiting for Sesshomaru to return.

He leads her through the woods for a while to a small stream. Floating down the stream are patches of white foam. Sesshomaru points out a dead fish lying on the bank of the stream. "You said that this world has . . . devices similar to yours so, is this normal?"

Kagome shakes her head, no. "Someone is polluting the stream, Sesshomaru. We have laws to stop it. Either the world we're on is a few years younger than mine . . . Or whoever's upstream doesn't care."

She pauses. "Don't eat the fish . . . or anything that eats them, Sesshomaru. The poisons that killed that fish . . . can spread."

"I am not have all my senses, Kagome. But This Sesshomaru is not that stupid."

Kagome blushes. "Sorry, Sesshomaru. I didn't mean it that way."

Sesshomaru nods, accepting the apology.

"And there is something else." Sesshomaru walks to another clearing, further down the stream. The rushing water of the stream is slowly eroding a bank of earth. Sesshomaru points out to Kagome where bones, and human-looking skulls are sticking out of the half-eroded bank of earth.

"Mass grave. This Sesshomaru believes that the military in this world fought a war here, a few years ago."

Kagome nods. `I can see holes in the skulls. Probably bullet holes.' She frowns. `All of the skulls have them . . . if they died in battle . . . wouldn't the bullets holes are all over the bodies, not just the skulls?' she thinks. `Unless . . . a massacre?' she shivers.

Sesshomaru frowns, "I've seen many mass graves, but, there is something odd about this one."

"Yes." Kagome nods.

"In all of the other mass graves that I've seen," Sesshomaru begins to say, "the trash, broken weapons, dead horses and such was also buried, but not here. I see only bones."

Kagome nods as she looks over the bank of earth again. "Like they were buried nude."

He nods.

Kagome looks at the stream and sighs, "well . . . I'm not going to be using this to bathe in." She glances at him, "I'm already feeling really raunchy, but do you think it'll be ok to wait?"

His eyes flick to the stream. "Of course."

Kagome looks at him, a small smile appears on her face, "Sesshomaru?"

"Yes?" His eyebrow rises.

"Do you think . . . in the next world, assuming, of course, that we can find some place peaceful . . . that we could stay . . . longer than two days?"

`If this was Inu-yasha, I would know what the answer would be . . . but Sesshomaru?' Kagome thinks.

Sesshomaru pauses, he looks her over. There are dark bags under her eyes and general worn appearance about her face and body language. "We have been traveling and fighting a lot and that does . . . wear."

He nods. "Assuming it's peaceful, I don't suppose a few extra days won't hurt."

Kagome hugs him, tightly. "Thank you, my dear Sesshomaru."

"Traveling with Rin, has been educational, Kagome. Giving her some rest every so often, helps her, I see no reason why that will not apply to you."

Kagome squeezes him again, "you know, Sesshomaru. That is about the nicest thing that I've heard you say about humans."

Sesshomaru blinks, he pauses, "you may be correct."

Kagome releases him from her hug, steps back and she twirls around, a leer straight from Miroku on her face. "And . . . while I'm too tried to do it tonight, but. We were interrupted . . . "

Sesshomaru steps up and cups her chin, "I thought that you wanted to rest, hmmm?"

"There's rest . . . and then there's rest."

Sesshomaru and Kagome look into each others eyes . . .

"I might even be persuaded to spend a week on one world . . . "

Kagome grins, grabs his hand and kisses it. "I wonder how hard it will be to persuade you." She purrs.

"Assuming we can find some peace . . . " Sesshomaru starts.

Kagome sighs and nods. "I think, before we leave this world . . . we need to have a talk with the cube."

"We'll see." Sesshomaru looks up. The sun is setting. He frowns. "We need to get back to that clearing, Kagome. My eyes and other senses are so weak. We need to get back before full dark."

Kagome takes a deep breath. `The moment is broken and he's right.' She thinks. She nods.

They return to the clearing.

"You are tried, aren't you?" Sesshomaru asks.

"Yes."

"Go to sleep, Kagome. I will watch."

"Will you need to sleep tonight?"

Sesshomaru shakes his head, no.

Kagome steps up next to him, kisses him on the check. "Wake me up, if you need to sleep, ok?"

Sesshomaru raises his eyebrows.

"You are human, Sesshomaru. You don't know what you can or cannot do. I do know what I can do." Kagome looks into his eyes, as she says this.

He slowly nods.

Kagome spreads out her sleeping bag, strips and gets in. "Please come here, Sesshomaru." She asks.

He walks over.

"Bend down, please . . . " she begs.

He does so.

She reaches out, and pulls him down to her. She kisses him on his nose. "Good night, my dear Sesshomaru."

He kisses her nose. "Good night, my dear Kagome."

She lays down, closes her eyes and whispers. "I love you."

He, still bending over her, whispers, "I love you."

She goes to sleep . . .

Sesshomaru looks around, he frowns, `normally I'd hate to start a fire, especially at night in an unfamiliar place. But, my senses . . . My eyes are my best sense, now, so . . . I'll need a fire to see.'

He goes to the small fire that Kagome started, it had during the afternoon died out, he restarts it.

He sits next to Kagome. One of his hands reaches out and tangles itself in her hair.

He looks at her and thinks, `How do I tell you how grateful I am? When I woke up and you were there . . . Seeing your face, hearing your voice . . . knowing how concerned you were about me . . . If you weren't there.'

Sesshomaru whispers, "I was soo afraid. My fear might have overwhelmed me. But I needed to maintain my image in front of you, so I had to control it."

He looks around the clearing, `we will remain here and, hopefully, leave this world without meeting anyone. Combat, now, in this weak and clumsy body . . . is not a good thought.'

He frowns, looking at her backpack. `I could not even kill anything to eat.' He sighs, `But . . . I can survive without eating for a couple of days. And I'll get some of her water in a little bit.'

He looks at his free hand as he whispers, "My speed was pitiful. And when I tried to throw rocks at birds and squirrels . . . I missed and even the throw itself was weak and probably would not have hurt the squirrel even if it did hit it . . . "

He frowns and looks up into the night sky. His ears are hearing a thumping noise, a noise that is somehow familiar . . . but a noise he can't place.

`Did those stars just wink out, like something passed before them?' he points at a section of the sky, trying to help him pinpoint what is bugging him.

The thumping noise fades away.

He shakes, stands up and gets some water.

As he is drinking, he glances around the horizon. On the western horizon, the sky still has a reddish glow to it. `The sun has been down long enough, so that is not it. That light must be from a large city in that direction. Tomorrow . . . If we move from this location, we'll move east, away from that city.' He nods as he thinks.

Sesshomaru sits back down next to Kagome. He picks up her social study's book that she left out, and he begins to leaf through it. `Something to occupy myself, during the night.' He thinks.

Later . . .

He puts down Kagome's book, and just stares into her peacefully sleeping face.

"You are so . . . " He brushes her hair.

HE smiles, "Sharing you . . . That'll never happen. I know Inu-yasha. He'll never agree to that. And since I have already said that I'll do it . . . that will help you choose me, not him."

He sighs, "although . . . I don't think you automatically believe it, so, no doubt, I'm going to have to agree to do some strange things, to prove to you that I mean it."

He bends down and kisses her on the mouth. "But, with your love as a reward, I'll agree to anything."

His eyes flick down her body. `No. not here. We need to maintain our vigilance, not become distracted by making love. I've waited this long, and a couple more days . . . will simply make that love making session . . . more enjoyable."

Sesshomaru lays down next to Kagome, wrapping one arm around her, shifting her body on top of his. "I'm not going to fall asleep, but, resting like just feels . . . right . . . "

In the city to the west . . . early morning . . .

An older thin faced man, with a couple of scars on his checks, wearing a black military uniform is sitting at his large, paper-covered desk. He looks up as a young blood-haired man, also wearing a black uniform enters the small room. The door, behind the young man is labeled, "Commander Intelligence section."

"Sir." The young man salutes. "The infrared pictures." He hands the older man a stack of photos.

"These are from the helicopter that circled the forest to the east?"

"Yes. Sir. There were reports of a small fire in those woods earlier."

"Stay here, while I flip through them." The older man casually orders as he begins to look through the photos.

"Hmmmm." He mummers. He looks up at the young soldier. "Tell the General Steela that I need to see him. I think our friends, the guerillas, are planning something in those woods." He nods. "And a patrol tomorrow, backed up with some Panzers, should flush out someone and we should get some captives for interrogation."

The young man, stands up straight, salutes, "Heil Hitler!". He spins on his heels and marches out of the room.

SS-Colonel Fritz Christen leans back and thinks, `the Field marshal Max Simon, the commander in chief of the Ural front, will be in town soon. The guerillas are obviously planning something special for him. We'll need some prisoners to interrogate.'

He grimaces, `with the Fuhrer on his death bed, world tensions are rising. World war III will, no doubt, begin soon after he dies. It might have been avoided, but the Reichfuhrer Himmler, his heir, is also on his death bed. And neither has announced a different heir. So there will be infighting in the party . . . and the Japanese, British or Americans will declare war during that time.'

"I wonder how long before this building in Hitlergrad is destroyed by an atomic fireball. But, that is not my responsibly. Mine is to locate those Japanese backed guerillas."

He glances at his desk calendar.

It is June 6, 1964.

Adolf Hitler is 75 years old.....

(Hitlergrad is what he renamed Stalingrad when Germany won World war II….)

___________________________________________

The color's statement: dogs' eyes don't have as many cells in them to see color as well as human eyes do. Sesshomaru, Kouga, Shippo and Inu-yasha could have problems with various colors because of that. It's never been mentioned in the manga/anime so making them color-blind, might be a bit much, so, I'll simply say that colors, especially red/blue, to them… seem dull.

Author's note: This is the last of core trio of combat arcs (LOTR, Vampire, and Nazi)

And I will be doing very bad things to Sesshomaru and Kagome . . .

(Technical note: yes, I am aware the Goring, was Hitler's heir, I'm assuming he died earlier.)

thank you for reading

jeff shelton