InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Killing Time ❯ Summoned ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: I set out to do a lighthearted comedy - trying to keep Sesshy and Inu in character. Tough to do. Hope I pulled it off. I had to make InuYasha laugh, though. Not sure I've ever actually seen that in the canon story. But it made the story funnier. And if he did laugh, I'm sure this is how he would do it Takes place roughly after Manga chapter 425, when Sesshomaru has revealed his reforged Tenseiga to InuYasha and the gang, and before chapter 426And of course, I don't own or claim these great characters and story lines, just embellish them joyfully!
 
Killing Time - Chapter 1
Summoned
By: Fano
 
InuYasha lay under a tree, eyes closed, trying to relax and waiting for someone to come up with some clue as to where the hell this Yourei Taisei was he was supposed to train with, or Naraku, or something. Anything! He was so incredibly bored. He'd already scoured the hills and forests around here for days, finding jack shit of use to him. He was tired. And pissed off.
 
He couldn't stop thinking about his stupid brother. Not only had the bastard managed to get Toutousai to reforge the Tensaiga into an actual weapon, but that asshole had the gall to insult InuYasha and the Tetsusaiga - in front of everyone - saying InuYasha, you worm … you've lost your way. Asshole!
 
A small puff of air and a sharp pinprick on his nose flew his eyes open to see a rapidly expanding Myoga ballooning off his face. Whap! Myoga floated down to the ground, still bloated, and InuYasha's face smarted. Why did he always hit the damn flea so hard?
 
“What the fuck do you want, flea?” InuYasha snarled, rubbing his nose and twitching his ears irritably.
 
“Master InuYasha,” the flea squeaked as he hit the dirt, “I have come bearing a request from Toutousai.”
 
“So?” InuYasha scooped the flea up and held him to his face to watch the flea Pop! back into shape. “Why the hell should I care what that shriveled up old fossil says? He sent me on this fucking snipe hunt in the first place.”
 
“He has summoned both you and Lord Sesshomaru to attend him for three days,” Myoga straightened himself up to his full two centimeter stature and took on the haughty demeanor that the vassal of an ancient demon lord's house should display. “I suggest that you go to him.”
 
“Keh!” InuYasha lifted his other hand to flick the annoying little demon into a bush. He rolled over on his side. Summoned! Ha! I bet Sesshomaru won't let himself be `summoned to attend' the old fart. That asshole, Toutousai. He can't `summon' me!
 
“Master InuYasha,” Myoga materialized from the bush to plant himself on the hanyou's neck and get a good suck in before InuYasha gave him another Whap!
 
“You are one fucking annoying flea, flea!” InuYasha stood up this time and stomped on the little demon just as he hit the dirt for the second time.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru has already arrived at Toutousai's,” the flea scolded the unruly son of his lord, “you, too, should be on your way.”
 
“Sesshomaru's already there?” InuYasha stopped his foot in mid stomp. “What the hell for?”
 
“I can't say,” Myoga skittered to the side, trying to avoid the inevitable crush of his lord's heel for the second time. “But I will accompany you, if you wish.”
 
InuYasha lowered his foot more gently, missing the little punk, probably the closest thing to a grandfather he had.
 
“Accompany me?” He said almost absentmindedly. “I don't need any company.” Looking down to find the missing flea, he said, “idiot,” and he tried unsuccessfully to stomp on Myoga again, who had found a convenient rock to hide under.
 
“So you will attend Toutousai?” Myoga would have smiled if he could have.
 
“No, I will not `attend him,' you idiot,” InuYasha fumed at the mere suggestion.
 
“I will go get Kilala,” the flea demon said with glee evident in his voice.
 
“You are such an idiot!” InuYasha called after him, still fuming.
 
++++++++
 
InuYasha arrived at Toutousai's early the next morning, to find Au-un parked outside the seething magma pool that was Toutousai's front yard. Sesshomaru's stench permeated the place, overpowering even the sulphuric acid fumes puffing up from the rocky, oozing soil. Asking Kilala to stay in the vicinity, he entered the monstrous aquatic beast's remains that passed for Toutousai's home, keeping his hand casually draped on Tetsusaiga's hilt, just in case this was a trap laid by his brother. Or, he reminded himself, it could just as easily be a trap laid by the two scheming demons that used to do his father's bidding, and still did as far as InuYasha could tell. Stupid traitors they were, half the time.
 
“Ah, InuYasha,” Toutousai's thin, strained voice met him at the house's mouth, “you've joined us after all.”
 
“Keh!” InuYasha stepped into the forge-light, taking in the sight of his brother standing against the wall across from the old man, crouched as usual in front of the glowing embers. Myoga materialized out of InuYasha's hair, right where that damn itch had been all through the flight here, and bounced over to sit on Toutousai's shoulder. Why don't you bite him, you moron? InuYasha thought, but kept his mouth shut to focus on Sesshomaru. He hated even being near his half-brother.
 
“InuYasha,” Sesshomaru's smooth, deep voice dripped his name like bile coming up from his innards. “how disgusting that you have joined us.”
 
Love you too, asshole, InuYasha thought to himself, but left it at a scowl.
 
“Now that you are both here,” Toutousai wheezed, “I must take your swords.”
 
“What?!” InuYasha was immediately in a defensive stance, right hand gripping Tetsusaiga, ready to slice the old man in half. “What did you just say, you old fart?”
 
“Explain yourself,” Sesshomaru's voice had become deadly as he swiveled to glare at the old man. Toutousai cringed for a moment, cowering before the remains of the Demon Dog clan.
 
“I said, give me your swords,” Toutousai had a truly amazing way of commanding from a position of weakness. “I must hone them both, and I must do it while they are together.” He cringed some more as InuYasha took a threatening step forward, inviting more information. “They were forged together, and they must be honed together.”
 
No one moved as Toutousai took a deep breath, blowing out when Myoga broke the tension by bouncing up and down on his shoulder. “InuYasha-sama, please. This will help you `find your way' with Tesusaiga!”
 
Blood boiled up into an angry blush on InuYasha's face as Myoga so carelessly threw his brother's insult back at him - in front of the asshole, no less! The flea was so tactless. Myoga noticed his master's ire and jumped into Toutousai's hair knot to disappear. Toutousai raised his blackened gnarled fingers to scratch his head.
 
“How long?” Sesshomaru had not moved. InuYasha turned in surprise to look at the tall demon towering over everything in the room. Was he actually considering giving Tensaiga to the old coot?
 
“Three days,” Toutousai said, absentmindedly scratching harder at his scalp.
 
“I will kill you on the morning of the fourth day if Tensaiga is not back in my possession … improved,” Sesshomaru stepped forward and presented the hilt of his newly-appreciated heirloom to the old man. He walked out the door, completely ignoring InuYasha.
 
“Got it!” Toutousai called to his receding back. “Dead. I hear `ya!” he lifted the sword to examine its blade carefully, mumbling to himself something about an insolent pup.
 
InuYasha relaxed his stance a bit, but did not take his hand from Tetsusaiga, uncertain what to do. Three days without his sword. Three days in the vicinity of his murderous brother. Three days of having to put up with this shit.
 
“Hm,” Toutousai raised the Tensaiga to the heated light of the forge, “he does take good care of it, I'll give him that.” He laid the Sword of the Otherword aside carefully and turned to InuYasha. “Well?” he said in his most irritating voice, “give me the sword already.”
 
“I'll `give you the sword', you old bastard,” InuYasha said, gripping his father's gift harder and moved back into battle posture.
 
Toutousai looked bored, “Come on, little one, hand it over.” He stood slowly, “I've got a deadline to keep.” Walking over to InuYasha, he put his hand on InuYasha's wrist like a vise, forcing the half-demon's grip to loosen with great strength and reaching to pull Tetsusaiga from its sheath. InuYasha's sword-arm was completely immobilized, and that pissed him off. With his free hand he bopped the swordsmith on the head, causing a large knot to form in seconds. “Ouch!”
 
“You can't just take my sword, asshole!” InuYasha's embarrassment burned his cheeks.
 
“I just did,” the old man said as he turned his back on the younger man to raise the weapon to the forge-light as he had with Tensaiga moments before. “Ah! Look at the damage!” he clucked, “don't you ever sharpen my handiwork like I showed you?”
 
“Keh!” InuYasha spat to cover the fact that he was guilty as charged.
 
“Master InuYasha,” Myoga bounced back over to the hanyou's shoulder. “Good for you! You'll be glad you did it!” He celebrated by jumping to his master's nose for a celebratory suck.
 
“Shut the fuck up,” InuYasha said as Whap! he smashed his face . “My fucking brother may have given you until the fourth day, old man, but I'm here at sunset on the third.” He turned to stalk outside.
 
“Oh, I'm scaaaaarrrreed,” came the old smith's mocking voice trailing after him.
 
Asshole! InuYasha thought as he walked out on the steaming ground to find a place to wait. Why do I have a feeling I'm going to regret this?
 
Coming Soon … Day 1