InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Last Hope ❯ Explanations ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

"Last Hope"

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters.

A/N: Thank you for the reviews, I love you all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Explanations"

Kagome hid behind Sango. She was afraid of these new youkai that she didn't know. It did not help when one of them yelled and cursed, which made Kagome cower even more behind Sango. She didn't know why they were so angry, to her; it was obvious that they were running from the same people. So why should they be mad that she and her companions followed?

Miroku wasn't fazed by the snowy-haired youkai's outburst. He would simply tell him what he had asked, "I am Miroku, and this is Sango and lady Kagome," he said as he waved a hand toward the two women. Miroku addressed Kagome differently from himself and Sango, indicating that she was of much more importance.

"I don't care what in hell your names are-," he was cut off by the taller, amber-eyed inu youkai placing his hand on his shoulder. He jerked away from the elder youkai with a deep growl.

"Why are you here?" the tallest of the three said in a calm, yet threatening voice.

"I do not know what Miroku's reasons were, but I believe that you three are probably residents of this city and new your way around. It seemed you were also fleeing from the same people as us and since we are not from here it was logical to follow the three of you," Kagome piped up in a very matter-of-factly voice. Kagome had chosen now to speak; she liked this youkai's calm voice much better than the other's loud, demanding one.

Sesshomaru raised a brow at the woman who had just spoken. She needn't say that she and her friends weren't from Warui, he could tell that from the fact that they didn't know who he was. He couldn't tell what she was, android or youkai? He doubted she was an android though, just the way she acted told him she probably wasn't. He couldn't see her face very well either; it was mostly covered by the hood of her too-big coat. His nose wasn't helping him either. She was wearing perfume, and lots of it.

"I believe you owe us explanations," he said as he momentarily glanced at the girl dubbed, Kagome.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sesshoumaru directed them to a different room in the basement and told them he would be there soon.

"What are you doing, bastard!?" Inuyasha growled at Sesshomaru.

"Yeah, for once I agree with Inuyasha, what in hell are you doing?!" Kouga finally spoke up with his russet-colored tail flicking in annoyance.

"Keep your voices down." Sesshomaru started off, he didn't want the newcomers to catch on to his plan, "You two do remember when he introduced the women he called that one girl `lady Kagome', right?"

The two nodded.

"The `lady' part of it indicates that she is most likely at a high place in society. It is probable that the two androids are her servants, which means she is likely to have money, and quite a bit of it. Do you catch my drift?" Sesshomaru finished with an ever-so-slight smirk.

"Oh, I getcha…" Kouga said in a sly voice.

"Feh," was all Inuyasha managed. He knew that Sesshomaru's scheme was a good one; they would end up earning the girl's trust and then somehow manage to get her money and possessions.

Inuyasha just didn't want to admit he liked his brother's idea.

Sesshomaru walked into the room where is "guests" were. He found Sango and Kagome sitting on the couch, while Miroku was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He was annoyed when he noticed that Kagome still had her coat on, he wanted to know what he was dealing with. Depending on what kind of youkai she was could make this easier or more difficult, but either way her obvious young age and naïveté would be an advantage.

Sesshoumaru sat down on the sofa across from the tree, only a small table separated them. "So… first off, why were you running from whoever that was?" the inu youkai said as he rested his chin in his clawed hand.

"I cannot tell you the details. But, they were after Lady Kagome," Miroku said quickly before Kagome decided to blurt something out again.

Sesshomaru raised a brow, "Why would they we after her?" He glanced her way momentarily before Miroku spoke again.

"Like I said, I am not permitted to tell you the details," Miroku said firmly, yet, not raising his voice in any way.

The white-haired youkai didn't answer. He wasn't going to push his luck in the beginning. Though, there was no denying that he was annoyed with the android. This is why he couldn't stand them, if they were told something by their "masters" they would stick to it no matter what happened. This was the only non-humanistic trait that they possessed.

"I must warn you though," Miroku started, "Now that they have seen you with us they will be after you as well. They will now associate you with finding Lady Kagome. You are no longer safe." Miroku doubted they were `safe' to begin with. The three youkai were most likely wanted convicts.

"Oh?" Sesshomaru hadn't expected this. Hell, he didn't even know that `they' had seen him, Inuyasha, and Kouga. Great, this really wasn't what they needed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kagura looked another alleyway. Nothing but trash, old boxes, and a pair of aged, extremely dirty sweatpants. She balled her fists tightly and threw the small device at one of her men. He quickly ducked out of the way while the device smashed into the wall behind him. It broke with a grinding "crack" and then "thunk", the green screen, which now had no dot, fuzzed out and went black.

"Why the hell did you do that!?" Kagura raged at the man whom had ducked.

"I didn't want to get hit Kagura-sama," the man replied hesitantly.

"You baka! You could have caught it!" Kagura walked over to the man furiously. Her hand made a clear, crisp sound as it connected with his face, "Do you know jus how much money something like that costs!?" She turned around, "Gods! How could Naraku-sama give me such idiots to work with?" She rubbed her temple and then ran her hand through her hair.

"Come on…" She instructed the men as she began to leave Warui. Naraku wasn't going to be pleased, not one bit. Though she doubted he would show any irritation toward the matter, he would probably act like it was nothing and then go and take out his anger on some servant.

Kagura heard a small ringing sound, she put her hand in her pocket and took out a red-colored rectangle shaped metal thing, and it had an assortment of buttons on it and a little screen. Kagura pressed one of the buttons on the left and the screen lit up.

The man on the screen had long, wavy raven hued hair. He facial features were feminine; enough so to say that he was literally beautiful. His eyes were a deep, dark crimson and seemed to be concealing numerous unknown secrets.

"Do you have her?" he said bluntly, his voice deep and composed.

"Iie, Naraku-sama. She somehow managed to escape from us by fleeing with unknown accomplices," Kagura answered, choosing her words carefully.

"`Unknown accomplices?'" Naraku repeated, raising a thin, ebony eyebrow.

"Hai," Kagura paused, "She was with two androids at first, and then she was joined by three youkai in Warui."

"What kind of youkai?" he asked sounding disinterested.

"Two inu youkai and one okami," the wind demoness answered promptly.

"Hmm," was all Naraku replied with before he ending the connection.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Were they insane?

That Miroku guy had told him that they were trying to go the colonies. To do what there? Depending on which colony they were planning to go to they either had a choice of major industries, with large factories and such or the most wealthy neighborhoods one could imagine. Sesshomaru doubted the girl would be going to the industrial colonies. He had thought she was wealthy before, but this was outrageous. It cost a fortune jus to get to the colonies though, did she have that kind of money on her? And if she did, why in hell did she go to Warui?

Sesshomaru had left the three and silently walked upstairs. He rummaged through his pocket until he found his cigarettes and lighter. He lit the cigarette and brought it to his mouth, enjoying the long drag. When he was younger he had never intended to start the habit, but under stress and other circumstances he had somehow picked it up. He did not let himself have an addiction to such a thing though, he could drop his pack right then and there and never pick up another cigarette again and be just fine.

When the white-haired youkai reached his destination, on the third floor, he opened the brownish door and entered the room. He found Inuyasha lying on a couch, munching on a bag of what looked like chips. While Kouga was sitting in a chair with the back leaned up against the wall looking through a magazine with a naked woman on the cover.

Kouga looked up from is porn magazine, "So, what'd they say?"

Sesshomaru took a seat in one of the three chairs, one of which Kouga was also sitting in, "It looks like were in this deeper than we originally thought."

"Nani?" Kouga asked, a slightly confused look on his face.

"Apparently whoever it was that was chasing them is going to be after us as well," he glanced over to Inuyasha to see if he was listening, "And, they are heading for the colonies…"

"The colonies? Why? Damn, she must be a lot more loaded than we thought," Kouga said with a mischievous look in his eyes.

"They wouldn't tell me the details, but yes, apparently the girl has a great deal of money," Sesshomaru smirked ever-so-slightly.

"Feh, why do you need more money anyway?" Inuyasha spoke up as he looked toward his half brother. "You have like twenty times more than Kouga or I do, so why bother?"

"Inuyasha, I would have thought you would have learned by now that the key to being successful and powerful is money. The more you have, the better. You question now makes me wonder if I made the right choice when I asked you to join me," the inu youkai said with a bit of annoyance in his tone of voice.

"Whatever…" Inuyasha rolled his eyes and went back to his chips. He never liked to agree with anything his brother said, and he was still pissed off at Sesshomaru for punching him. And is headache from his hangover was definitely not helping.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Miroku?" Kagome asked softly, he looked very annoyed and perplexed.

"What is it Kagome?" Miroku looked over to the girl and his expression softened a little.

"May I take this coat off now? It is hot," Kagome looked at his pleadingly through the dark cloth of the hood.

"Yes, you can Kagome-chan," Sango answered before Miroku could. Miroku gave her a scowl, obviously not liking the idea of revealing Kagome. "What? It seems they may help, so we can't hide her face forever."

Miroku sighed, "I know."

"What is going to happen to us? Are those three youkai going to help us get to the colonies? What happened to that woman and the three men?" Kagome asked as soon as she pealed off the heavy coat. She sounded like a child, it was quite an odd scene actually, a girl that appeared to be in her mid teens asking the same questions as a five-year-old would.

Miroku laughed a bit her, "I don't really know, Kagome. But I know that the woman is gone." He didn't know what else to tell her. He just hoped that these youkai weren't going to try anything rash, he didn't think he could handle that right now.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Sorry about any spelling or grammar errors, this chapter was a bit rushed. And yes, I know there are still many unanswered questions. But, I promise, the will be revealed in due time.

Next Chapter: "Comrades"