InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Life Begins With Love.........And Ends InTragedy ❯ An argument on the Stairs ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE ORIGINAL CAST OF INUYASHA! THEY BELONG TO RUMIKO TAKAHASHI. I ONLY OWN: SHESSE, JADE, AND HITOMI.
***************************************************************** ******
Everyone in the village had hardly been expecting Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha's arrival so they were all going about their own daily business and didn't look up from it until someone shouted out, “Look everyone! High Lord Sesshoumaru and Lord Inuyasha have returned!”
Inuyasha rolled his eyes in Sesshoumaru's direction and Sesshoumaru looked over at him with a joking expression on his face but never once stopped walking forward. He didn't even bother to look at anyone in the village. His mission was clear, he wanted to see his dearly beloved Shesse, and was not about to be deterred from that mission by anything or anyone.
Inuyasha as well was desperate to see his wife he began to run ahead of the group really fast. Sesshoumaru smiled at his brother's eagerness to see Jade, but he had to hold his dignity as he was the High Lord. He had stopped walking for a moment and watched Inuyasha's back disappear into the crowd. Kagome took advantage of the situation and ran up to Sesshoumaru and asked,
“What's up with him?” Sesshoumaru continued staring forward.
“I think there's someone special to him he really wants to see.” He replied as he again began advancing towards the many stairs to the palace. His vague response left Kagome very confused.
“His mother?” She suggested. Sesshoumaru shook his head,
“His mate.” He began ascending the staircase; Kagome stopped dead in her tracks.
“W-What!? A mate!?!” Not turning around, Sesshoumaru replied,
“Didn't he tell you? Not that it matters besides. The demon court would never accept you or Rin into it in the first place. I myself have a mate and a small child.” Now it was Rin's turn to be surprised.
“Why didn't you tell me Sesshoumaru-sama?” Sesshoumaru turned to face her.
“I thought you would have figured it out Rin. You've cleaned my wounds often enough to notice my mark, and I'm sure Kagome-san has done the same for that silly puppy. Neither of you have any right to be surprised by this. I would also suggest that you don't let Inuyasha's mate, Lady Jade see you. She doesn't take kindly to Human visitors. However, High Lady Shesse may have less of a problem with you.” By this time, they were at the top of the staircase. Sesshoumaru snapped his fingers and an attendant appeared from behind a hedge. He bowed low.
“Yes Milord?”
“I need you to take these people to the guest villas. I am going to the throne room to see Her Majesty.” And with that, Sesshoumaru was gone.