InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Little Bits ❯ Dance of Swords ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: This piece is based on 'Inuyasha', owned by Rumiko Takahashi. No copyright infringement intended or implied.

Dance of Swords

Two blades rang and echoed in the cold, crisp dawn. Two slender figures swirled around a common center, dancing on the frozen grass, one sheathed in white, the other in red. With claws and fists they once had fought; later with blades flaring with demonic power. Brother fighting brother: for life, for anger, for loathing, for bitterness, for jealousy.

Now again they fought, but without the dark seething of earlier times. Sleek, silver Bakusaiga contested against rusty, pitted Tessaiga, bare metal against bare metal, neither revealing the power they held. Inuyasha grinned as he jumped and twisted, his sword held in both hands swinging in powerful arcs. Sesshomaru was stillness in motion, meeting every attack with parries near too fast for mortal eye to see.

The fight ended as it often enough did; Tessaiga flying through the air as Bakusaiga threatened Inuyasha's throat. Sesshomaru poised for a moment before sheathing the blade. "Too slow, little brother."

"Keh!" Inuyasha scooped up his blade and tossed it back against his shoulder, willing its transformation."I let you win!"

"Hnn." A tiny smile--perhaps--flitted over Sesshomaru's face. "Indeed?"

Inuyasha smirked. "Yep! Want to make something of it?"

"No need." Golden eyes met golden eyes, both glinting with amusement in their own ways. Sesshomaru disappeared then, as swiftly and silently as only a taiyoukai could. Inuyasha slipped Tessaiga into its sheath, stretched, and then returned to his dawn patrol of the woods, content.

They were brothers, after all.


Author's Note: This drabble was written for the Inuyasha FanFic Contest community (iyfic_contest), week 174, theme "Blade." It took 2nd place.