InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 2): Awakenings ❯ Some Much Needed R & R ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I still do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. However, any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thanks to those of you who take the time to leave a review. The more I get, the faster I tend to write.
 
 
Live and Let Die: Awakenings
 
 
Chapter 9: Some Much Needed R & R (Warning: Lemonade (as in multiple Lemons w/sweet stuff))
 
 
Back at the village by InuYasha's Forest, Shippou was asking Kaede for about the hundredth time, “When do you think they'll be back, Kaede?”
 
“I do not know, Shippou. You know that if they heard a rumor of another jewel shard, they would have followed up on it. Think about it, when you were with them how often did you go out to just one village and come right back?”
 
The kitsune sighed. “I know. I'm just worried about them. What if they got into trouble?”
 
“It would not be the first time, Shippou, nor would it be the last. They usually manage to get themselves out one way or another. And besides, they have only been gone for a few days. Even if they came directly home from that village once they had surveyed the situation and taken care of any problems, they would barely have had time to get there and back again. And you also know it is not unusual for them to be gone for a full moon cycle. So, unless we hear otherwise, we must hope that they are well and pray to the Kami to watch over them. Now, why do you not help me take these herbs in and put them away and then we can enjoy our meal,” Kaede stated.
 
“All right, Kaede. I just wish they would hurry up and come back. I want to show them how much progress I've made while they've been gone,” the kit responded.
 
“I am certain that they will be very proud of you, Shippou. You have made much improvement in your skills the last few days,” Kaede told him.
 
Shippou just blushed at the compliment in response. He couldn't wait for the others to get back so he could show them what he had learned in their absence.
 
Kaede could not wait for the others to return, either. Though the kitsune had been on his best behavior, he was energetic and there was not enough to do in the village to fill his time. Kaede was thinking of telling the others when they returned that Shippou had been punished enough and should be allowed to travel with them again. As much as the old miko appreciated his help gathering and sorting herbs, she was old and needed a break.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Jaken had finally awakened to find himself completely alone in their suite. At first he could not believe that Sesshomaru had left him behind but had taken the foolish human girl with him. Deciding that the Demon Lord would not go too far without his faithful vassal, Jaken brushed himself off, picked up the Staff of Two Heads, and headed for the common dining area. The imp noticed that there was no hint of anyone else in the establishment as he shuffled through the corridors. Where on earth could everyone be?
 
Jaken entered the dining room to find one lone human who ran up to him and bowed. “Master Jaken, everyone left to attend the memorial service for Hikari. I was asked to stay behind in case you woke and needed anything. You must be very hungry after you have been out for so long. What would you like to eat?”
 
`So, that is where everyone is. My Lord must have gone out of curiosity,' Jaken thought to himself. Well, he had no interest in the human priest, but he was hungry. “Do you have any more of that soup or meat from last night?”
 
“Yes. Please sit and I will bring it to you,” the young man replied.
 
Jaken sat down and laid his staff next to him. As much as he hated to admit it, these humans were not so bad. They had actually honored him along with his Lord last night. And even though the imp hated sharing the spotlight with the half-breed and his pack of humans, Jaken had not been honored thus since he had abandoned his own clan to serve the Demon Lord. He mumbled something that could almost be mistaken for a `thank you' as the man brought him bowls of soup and rice along with some well-roasted meat. Unlike his Lord, Jaken did prefer his meat cooked.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow as he watched his brother and the miko follow the innkeeper off into the woods. At first he thought to follow but then remembered that the innkeeper knew the true nature of their relationship and did not seem to care that the miko was mated to a hanyou. The Demon Lord surmised that he was probably taking them somewhere more private for them to spend the afternoon together.
 
Well, at least the Demon Lord of the Western Lands hoped that was what the innkeeper was doing, for Sesshomaru might actually get to sleep again that night if he did not have to overhear the panting and moans of the two as they rutted with each other. While humans would have trouble hearing them, the Inu-youkai had no problem at all. In fact, he had heard them that very morning. The pair may be an Inu-hanyou and miko, but they acted like a newly mated pair of demons, driven to copulate until the female became pregnant. However, after what he had witnessed by the hot spring the other evening, their need seemed to be anchored more in the desire to pleasure and take pleasure in each other.
 
Sesshomaru was derailed from his thoughts when he heard the voice of the girl walking alongside him. “My Lord, do you know where Ah-Un is?”
 
Sesshomaru stopped. “No, Rin, this Sesshomaru does not. Let us find out.”
 
The Demon Lord stopped one of the villagers that was returning from the service and asked him if he either knew himself, or knew who would be able to tell him, where the two-headed dragon was. After the villager had bowed and thanked him for returning him to life, the man pointed down a path and told the pair that it led to the stable and that he thought the dragon had been taken there so he would have food, water, and a roof over his head. Thanking the man, Sesshomaru and Rin continued in that direction.
 
“Ah-Un!” Rin cried as she spotted the dragon stretched out in the pasture next to the stable and ran towards him. The dragon looked up with both heads and climbed to his feet to amble towards Rin and Sesshomaru. His harness and bridles had been removed, but the dragon had no reason to leave his Lord and the young ward that was often left under his protection.
 
A man came out of the stable to greet them. “Hello. We were not sure what to do with him, but he seemed to like the hay and grass, so we gave him hay for when he is inside, and let him out into the pasture to graze.”
 
Rin had run out and was petting the dragon, so Sesshomaru responded, “You had room for him inside? And what about his harness and bridles?”
 
“If you follow me, I'll be glad to show you,” the man replied.
 
Sesshomaru nodded and said, “Rin, stay with Ah-Un. This Sesshomaru is going to inspect the accommodations.”
 
The man led Sesshomaru inside the stable to a very large stall. “This is where he stays at night. We have not had any trouble with the dragon. He seems to like to come in at dusk, and go back out after it is daylight. This stall is usually used for a stallion and brood mare, but with everyone gone, we have few horses here now. In fact, we were surprised that he does not frighten the horses that are here at all, so it has worked out well. Since the dragon did not seem prone to run off, we just opened the gate to the pasture so he could graze at will. If you come this way, we put his trappings in the tack room. They are safe there until you are ready to leave.”
 
“This Sesshomaru is grateful for the care you have given to Ah-Un. If he is no trouble, he may be here for two or three more days,” the Taiyoukai stated as the man led him towards the room where they stored their tack.
 
“He's no trouble at all. He seemed to understand that we mean him no harm and is very easy-going. For as large as he is, he has been easier to handle than some of the stallions that we have had come through here,” the stableman replied.
 
“So you normally breed horses?” Sesshomaru inquired.
 
“Yes, but the last group of soldiers that came through took our best for themselves. They didn't want the mares, but they took our best studs to be warhorses. We had some of the largest and most powerful horses in this region. There is only one village that is several days from here that had anything to rival ours.”
 
“Hn. This Sesshomaru knows of this village. It is on the Western Lands. They do have a fine line of strong horses.”
 
While Sesshomaru generally was not interested in the animals, he did recognize their use as draft animals and for transportation, especially to the humans that did live on his lands. This was something else he could bring up to the village headman when he talked to him. While this village was lacking in studs, the other seemed to have an overabundance of them, and was lacking in mares.
 
“Thank you for the information. Ah-Un will remain in your care until it is time for us to leave. Rin,” Sesshomaru called as he walked back into the sunlight.
 
Rin patted each of Ah-Un's two heads one more time before running back to Lord Sesshomaru. “Yes, My Lord?”
 
“It is time to return to the inn. Is Ah-Un well?” the Demon Lord asked.
 
“He seems very content, My Lord. Will he stay here until it is time to go?” Rin responded.
 
“Yes, Rin. They appear to be taking appropriate care of him and said that he has given them no trouble,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
He heard the child giggle and turned to see what she was looking at. Ah-Un was already stretched out in the grass again, asleep in the warm sun. “See, My Lord? I think Ah-Un was ready for a break and needed to rest, too.”
 
Sesshomaru just shook his head at the young girl's observation and continued along the path, back towards the inn.
 
 
 
Miroku had reached towards Sango as they walked along the trail to the inn, not certain if he was reaching for her hand or her backside, the demon slayer decided not to find out and took his hand before it reached her rear. Sango did not know why she had not thought of this before. Holding the lecherous hand was much better than slapping the monk for being so familiar with her.
 
Miroku really was not thinking as he reached towards Sango. Though he intended to grasp her hand, her shapely bottom was so inviting, too. He was surprised when Sango took the initiative and took his hand in her own. Smiling, the monk brought it to his lips and kissed it.
 
“So, where were Kagome and InuYasha going?” Miroku asked.
 
“Kagome just said that she wanted to take a walk with InuYasha, and would be back later. I think she wanted some time alone with him and didn't want us to worry when they did not turn up right away,” Sango contemplated.
 
“Well, that means that we have some time alone, too, does it not?” Miroku asked in a mischievous voice.
 
“Wha…what do you have in mind, Houshi?”
 
Miroku responded by pulling Sango to him and kissing her gently before he said, “I bet we have our room all to ourselves for the rest of the afternoon.”
 
Blushing, Sango followed him to the inn, with the lecherous hand still in her grip.
 
 
 
Kagome was still looking in the direction that the innkeeper had disappeared to when she felt InuYasha wrap his arm around her and turn her into him. The miko responded by fisting her hands in his mane as they pressed against one another, tongues urgently battling as each tried to gain entrance to the other's mouth. Kagome could feel his hardness as their bodies began to grind together, each wanting to be free of their clothing.
 
Tongues still tangled together, they began pulling at each other's garments until they were in a heap on the ground. Kagome wrapped her hand around his length as she felt his fingers start to explore, spreading the wetness that was seeping from her to her pearl and clit, where he fervently started to rub. Kagome could barely keep her balance and remain on her feet as her mate brought her to orgasm with his hand as she stood before him. The miko gasped as the hanyou suddenly picked her up and impaled her on his length. Kami, how she loved the feeling of him buried inside of her.
 
InuYasha backed her up to one of the smooth large rocks that surrounded the spring. When Kagome felt it behind her, she reached back to brace herself on it as InuYasha started to thrust. With her breasts jutting out towards him and her nipples taunt, the hanyou leaned over and pulled one into his mouth and started to suckle on it as he continued to pound into his mate. He then trailed his fangs across to the other and pulled it into his mouth as well.
 
“Oh…Kami…Inu…Yasha…that's…the …spot,” Kagome gasped as the knot in her belly started to build again.
 
“Like…this…” InuYasha panted as he started to thrust harder and faster into his mate.
 
“Oh…Kami…yes…yes…yes…yes! YESSSSSS!!” Kagome screamed as she came again, her body convulsing as her muscles clenched around InuYasha as he continued to drive into her.
 
“Kagomeeeeee!! Arrrrrrrgh!” InuYasha roared as he exploded into her.
 
After a few more thrusts, InuYasha leaned forward and kissed his mate again. Kagome responded by wrapping her legs around his body and clenching her hands in his mane, squirming against him as he continued to empty himself into her.
 
Finally, they had to pull apart for much needed air. Kagome hugged InuYasha even closer and nestled her chin into his shoulder as she said, “I really do love you, InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha squeezed her just a little tighter. “I love you, too, Kagome.”
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Miroku was surprised when Sango turned to him and pulled him into a kiss once he had closed the door to their room. In fact, Sango was a little amazed at herself at her own brazenness. Somehow, knowing what Kagome was doing with InuYasha right now just made the demon slayer want to feel wanted, like she knew that Kagome felt whenever InuYasha held her in his arms. The miko was happy in a way that Sango had only seen her a few times before, and even then she knew it was because of something that had happened between the two of them before someone or something came along and ruined it.
 
Miroku did not resist and returned the kiss with a passion he had forgotten that he possessed. He wrapped his arms around Sango and pulled her closer, rubbing her back through the light fabric of her yukata that she had worn out to the ceremony. The monk was pleased to discover that she really had not worn her armor underneath her clothing. Apparently, she actually felt somewhat safe in the company of the villagers as well as that of the Demon Lord, InuYasha and himself. Becoming braver, Miroku traced her ribcage around to the front and gently cupped a breast.
 
Sango gasped as she felt his hand under her breast and resisting the urge to slap him out of habit, she leaned into him instead. Encouraged, the monk brushed upward with his thumb and ran it across her nipple. When that drew another audible reaction, he quickly slipped his hand under her yukata only to discover she had not worn her breast binding. Her pert nipple responded instantly to his touch as his tongue continued to plunder her mouth.
 
Sango found chills running through her body as the monk's warm hand caressed her breast. She felt things like she had never experienced pooling in a mass of warmth in her lower regions. The feelings were suddenly intensified when Miroku turned loose of their kiss and swept her yukata off of her breast and dove onto it with his mouth.
 
“Oh, Houshi…” Sango moaned as he swirled his tongue around and around her nipple, now rubbing the other breast through the fabric that still covered it with the prayer beads that concealed his Kazaana. That nipple was turning hard from the attentions that were paid it as well.
 
The demon slayer suddenly felt herself swept off of her feet as Miroku scooped her up and carried her behind the screen to his futon. Kissing her again while he laid her down, he lay alongside of her and then pulled the belt holding her yukata free, allowing the garment to fall open.
 
Sango was so overwhelmed with everything she was feeling that she was not sure what to do. She wanted to be loved like this, but she knew that they could not go too far. Then again, her muddled, lustful mind was having a hard time determining what was too far. Realizing the monk was still fully clothed, she rationalized that she was not in any danger yet as he tackled her nipples again.
 
“Ohhhhh,” the demon slayer uttered as Miroku slid a finger down between her folds. Consciously or not, he did not know, but the woman beneath him was opening herself up to his ministrations and pushing herself into his hand. He dipped a finger into her, and then used the moisture to start to rub her clit with.
 
“Oh, Houshi, that feels…so….good,” Sango rasped.
 
“Shhhh, just relax and enjoy it, my beautiful Sango,” Miroku whispered as he started to alternate between thrusting two fingers into her, and then rubbing.
 
“Oh…Kami…don't…stop…what…you' re…doing…”
 
Miroku had changed positions so that now he was thrusting into her with the fingers of his left hand, and rubbing her pearl and clit with his right. Watching the expressions of pleasure that crossed her face was making him become impossibly hard as well.
 
“Oh…oh…oh…oh…Ohhhhhhhhhhh!” Sango almost shouted when she experienced her first orgasm. Her body was bucking into Miroku's hand as she came, and he continued to rub her pearl and stroke her clit for as long as she continued to respond.
 
The slayer had a look of pure rapture across her face as she lay back with her eyes closed, almost forgetting where she was. When she started to come down, she opened her eyes and suddenly realized she was buck naked, and Miroku was still fully dressed. She blushed and started to try and cover herself with her hands, but Miroku gently took them in his.
 
“My dear Sango, you are beautiful. Do not be ashamed of your body. You could not be more perfect to me,” Miroku whispered before he leaned down to kiss her again.
 
Tears threatened to leak from the corners of her eyes so he asked, “What is it, Sango? Did I do something wrong?”
 
“My scars, what about my scars? And I have done nothing for you,” Sango whispered.
 
“I do not see your scars, Sango. I see only you, and you are beautiful. This was for you, to let you know what I want to do for you. You do not have to do anything for me,” Miroku said softly.
 
“But…but what if I wanted to…I do not know how. I do not know what to do,” Sango responded as she reached towards him. “You have seen me, but I have not seen you.”
 
“Are…are you certain, Sango?” Miroku asked, though on the inside he was rejoicing.
 
“I…I think I am,” she replied.
 
“All right, Sango,” Miroku responded as he started to pull off his robes. He did not miss how wide Sango's eyes opened as they landed on the bulge of his fundoshi. Before he started to unwrap it, he asked again, “Are you certain? We can stop here.”
 
Sango shook her head, “We have made it this far, and who knows when we will have this opportunity again.”
 
Miroku did not have to ask for an explanation. How often were they alone without even the kitsune to interrupt them?
 
Miroku had become very hard while he was lavishing Sango with his attentions. He was surprised when she reached shyly towards him, and so he lay down alongside her and leaned over to kiss her again.
 
The monk inhaled sharply as he felt her hand, calloused from heaving the Hiraikotsu, timidly feel him, pausing to rub the moisture at the tip with her thumb. He barely heard her whisper, “What do I do?”
 
Miroku kissed her again as he took her hand and wrapped it around himself and then urged her to move it up and down. He had to turn loose of his kiss and lay back as she fell into motion, “Oh, that's it. Harder, please, harder…”
 
Sango gripped him harder and started to move a little faster. She realized that Miroku had started to thrust his pelvis into her hand in rhythm with her.
 
“More…more…tighter…” Miroku moaned as he reached down to guide her hand again, so that she started to let it slide partially over the head before plunging downward along his shaft.
 
“Oh…San…go…I am…gonna…Ohhhhhh! ” Miroku cried as his seed jetted out and spilled over her hand. He immediately stopped his movements and reached down to grab her wrist, just to hold her still.
 
“Sango…thank you…you did not have to,” the monk muttered.
 
The demon slayer actually giggled, “You made something of a mess, did you not?”
 
“Yes, well, that is what usually happens, I am afraid,” Miroku quipped.
 
“What…what do you mean, Houshi? I thought you said…”
 
“Sango, I told you I had been with no other woman since I met you, and I meant it. That does not mean I have not relieved my tension by my own hand.” The monk actually blushed when he admitted that.
 
“You mean…”
 
“Yes, Sango. That is what you do to me.”
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
InuYasha carried Kagome to the soft grass in the clearing that surrounded the spring. He laid her down on the carpet of green and lay alongside her, just gazing at her as he caressed her breasts and abdomen.
 
Kagome had reached up and taken an ear in her hand and was gently rubbing it with her thumb. She smiled as InuYasha closed his eyes and leaned into her hand. His chest started to rumble so that he almost sounded like he was purring as if he were a cat, instead of an Inu-hanyou. They did not know how long they lay like that in the warm sun, just caressing each other with gentle touches and smiles.
 
However, Kagome's stroking of InuYasha's sensitive ear did eventually have the desired result. When she realized that he was ready again, and she was as well, Kagome surprised her mate by turning lose of his ear and rolling over on her stomach before bringing herself up on her hands and knees. Even though he was ready to mount her, InuYasha dropped down and teased her first with his tongue, dragging it between her folds before thrusting it into her hot passage. When the hanyou was certain she was well prepared, he brought himself back to his knees. Grasping one side at the waist with a clawed hand while the other hand guided him into her, InuYasha started to enter only to find Kagome suddenly rocking back into him so that he was fully sheathed inside of her. With a smirk on his face the hanyou started to move in rhythm with his mate.
 
Kagome was ready to feel him inside of her as soon as she rolled over and presented herself to her mate. Though she had to admit his lapping at her felt really good, it wasn't what the miko wanted right that minute. Impatient, as soon as she felt his head start to enter her, the miko slammed herself back into him, impaling herself on his erection. Now, that was more like it!
 
One of the best parts about being out here in the wilderness was that neither had to worry about keeping the noise down, though InuYasha almost chuckled when he realized just how vocal his mate could be when she did not have to worry about such things. Kagome's gasps, moans, and pleadings for more just added to the hanyou's excitement. The hanyou found himself pulling his mate's body upright as he pounded into her, and started sucking and licking her mark as their bodies slapped together.
 
InuYasha was surprised when he realized that Kagome had taken his arm and was bringing his forearm up to her mouth. He gasped in pleasure when she started to suckle on the marks she placed on him just as he was on hers. In fact, the two were overwhelmed with the sensations to the point that they lost their balance and tumbled over on their sides together, still joined.
 
The couple laughed as they fell over into the soft grass. InuYasha rolled over on his back, bringing Kagome with him. With both arms now wrapped tightly around her InuYasha nuzzled her mark with his nose as he said, “I had no idea.”
 
Kagome wrapped both her arms around her lover's as she replied, “Now you know what you do to me when you go after my mark like that.”
 
To make her point, she pried his left arm lose and brought it to her lips, and proceeded to lick, suck and nip at it as Inuyasha liked to do to her shoulder. The miko tried not to giggle as she felt InuYasha grow quite hard inside of her again. Suddenly, she sat up, still facing away from him. Changing her position enough that she had her knees under her, she started to raise and lower herself upon his length. However, apparently that was not creating the satisfaction that either of them wanted, for Kagome did not protest when she felt InuYasha's hands at her waist as he picked her up, and rocked forward so she was on her hands and knees again. This time, they remained that way. Their two bodies started pounding together in rhythm as InuYasha thrust hard, wanting to satisfy his mate. Reaching around to rub her pearl, they continued to hammer together to the song of their grunts, moans, and sighs. They reached their finale as Kagome's body started to rock into a massive orgasm, bringing her mate to his own completion. They screamed each other's names together in the late afternoon sun as InuYasha's seed burst from his loin to fill the womb of his mate. When she could hold up their combined weights no longer, Kagome collapsed under InuYasha and stretched out on her belly in the cool grass. Still joined together as he continued to pour himself into her, the hanyou lay across her back, growling so that both of their bodies vibrated together. They lay together that way until he finally started to slide out of her.
 
Reluctantly, InuYasha finally rolled off of his mate. Still lying alongside her on the grass, he started rubbing her back in those soft, soothing circles she enjoyed so much. Still flat out on her stomach, but now crossing her arms in front of her so that she could rest her head on them, Kagome turned to look at her mate.
 
The miko gave him a smile as she gazed into those amber eyes, seeing only the love he had for her in them. Now that she recognized it for what it was, the miko wondered how she could have ever doubted him, how she could have ever really thought that he preferred the undead miko to her. Kagome still regretted all of those times she used the rosary to sit him rather than stay and actually try to talk to the hanyou. Even if it did not do any permanent physical damage she knew she had wounded the proud hanyou's spirit every time she had used that rosary out of spite.
 
Not wanting to ruin the moment with words, Kagome rolled onto her side and leaned forward to kiss InuYasha, very softly this time. When they pulled apart, she reached over to tenderly stroke his cheek as they just gazed at one another. Suddenly realizing that they had yet to use the hot spring that was there, she took InuYasha's hand and rose to her feet before leading him into the warm water.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sango was suddenly blushing again when she realized what she had done that afternoon. Her entire body flushed red as she realized that Miroku was just gazing at her, studying her shapely form. She blushed even deeper when she caught herself doing the same thing - staring at Miroku's naked body in front of her.
 
“What is it, Sango?” Miroku asked, noticing that suddenly the demon slayer had become uncomfortable.
 
“What...what have we done?” Sango whispered, now looking for something to cover herself.
 
Miroku reached forward and brushed her bangs out of her face. “We have done nothing wrong, my dear Sango. All we did was bring each other a little pleasure, enjoying our afternoon together.”
 
“It...it is just...” Sango started.
 
“I am sorry for staring, but you are just so beautiful. Sango, you are more beautiful in person than you were in my dreams. I...I am sorry that I embarrassed you,” Miroku responded.
 
Sango relaxed just a little. “I guess I was guilty, too. What do we do now, Houshi?”
 
“Well, for starters would you say my name? Please Sango, would you call me Miroku?”
 
“I...I am afraid to get too close to you. It was partly my way to keep you distant,” Sango whispered.
 
Miroku looked serious again, “My dear Sango, there is only one way for us to get closer now than we have been so far. Will you not say my name?”
 
“Hou...Mi...ro...ku, Miro...ku, Miroku...there,” Sango stammered.
 
The monk leaned forward and kissed the demon slayer. “There, that was not so bad, was it?”
 
“It...it will just take some getting used to,” Sango responded.
 
“Well, should we go out and take a bath?” Miroku asked as he sat up.
 
“A...a bath?” Sango asked, certain that he wanted to go in together.
 
“Yes, my dear Sango. With InuYasha's keen nose, we probably should bathe, on separate sides of course.”
 
Sango turned beet red at the thought of InuYasha smelling what they had done. “All right, Houshi...Miroku. As long as you do not have anything perverted planned.”
 
“Of course not, my dear Sango, of course not,” Miroku replied.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Sesshomaru and Rin returned to their suite to check on Jaken. Rin wanted to make sure that the little toad imp was all right. They found him sound asleep still, though Sesshomaru could smell the aroma of the meat and soup he had consumed still clinging to him.
 
“My Lord, is Master Jaken all right? He has been asleep for a very long time,” Rin asked worriedly.
 
“Yes, Rin. It appears that he ate and then returned here, probably to wait for our return. There is nothing wrong with him,” Sesshomaru commented.
 
About that time, the child's stomach started to rumble again, and Sesshomaru realized he was hungry as well. “Rin, would you like to see what they have to eat this afternoon?”
 
“Yes! Rin is hungry again, but it is too late for lunch and too early for dinner.”
 
“It does not matter. They should have something that you can eat. Come,” Sesshomaru said as he turned to head towards the dining area.
 
As Sesshomaru and Rin walked along the corridor, they passed Miroku and Sango who were headed for the bath. They nodded as they walked past each other. Sesshomaru wrinkled his nose after the two had passed. Though they had not fully mated, they each smelled of the other. Sesshomaru hoped that his brother and the miko's lust for each other was not contagious.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
“Ummmmm, this is nice, isn't it, InuYasha?” Kagome murmured as she sat in the water next to her mate.
 
“What is?” InuYasha asked, not certain if she meant being out there with him or the fact they were in a village that did not hate him.
 
Sensing his confusion at her question Kagome clarified, “Being out here together, where we are free to do what we want, what we need…”
 
InuYasha turned and scooped his mate up and pulled her into his lap. Kissing her, he answered, “Like this?”
 
Kagome shifted so that she was straddling the hanyou so that she could rub herself against him. “And this,” she said as she reached down and guided him into her before wrapping both hands in his mane and pulling his face to hers so that she could thrust her tongue into his mouth.
 
When they finally had to break apart to breathe, she heard him say almost to himself, “Yeah, it is.”
 
InuYasha had placed his hands around Kagome's ribcage so that he could stroke her nipples with his thumbs. He could feel she wanted more as she ground her body into his. She placed a hand on each shoulder and threw her head back as InuYasha started to raise and lower her along his shaft. Suddenly, he rose out of the water so he had more control and thrust furiously into his mate as she held on for the ride. Kagome turned loose of his shoulders and fell back, trusting the hanyou not to drop her. Now she just panted and gasped in pleasure as the new angle allowed him to hit just the right spot inside of her. The feelings were overwhelming as her body started to wind up like a top, and the blood rushed to her head. Before Kagome knew it, she was screaming InuYasha's name when her body went into convulsions as he drove into her. Finally hearing what he was waiting for, InuYasha thrust hard one more time and released the fire that he thought would consume him. Pulling her body back upright, InuYasha settled back down into the warm water. Kagome wrapped her arms around her mate and nuzzled him as he buried his face into her shoulder. They remained that way, just holding each other, until the sun started to dip towards the horizon.
 
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
 
Everyone found themselves back in the dining hall as night fell. Though there was not the enormous amount of food that there had been the night before, there was still more than enough to go around. As they had done the preceding evening, several men brought trays of food around to the members of the group so that they could select what they wished. Sesshomaru noticed that there was one piece of meat that was barely cooked. Assuming it was for him, he picked it up and set it on his plate. Just how observant the old innkeeper was continued to impress the Taiyoukai.
 
Though the Demon Lord and his vassal remained fairly quiet, the others chatted with each other idly as they ate their rice, soup, meats and vegetables that had been selected when the trays of food were presented. Nearly everyone commented to Miroku about the service he had performed for Hikari, though oddly, no one asked what any of the others had done that afternoon.
 
Kagome did mention that she and InuYasha had stopped in to check on Ougon. His wounds were still healing well in spite of his outing to attend the memorial for his longtime friend. Under the watchful eyes of his grandson Yuujin, the village headman was recovering much faster than expected.
 
Sesshomaru noticed that his brother and the miko were extremely well relaxed, indeed. Even though the pair had spent part of the afternoon in the hot spring, they still smelled a great deal of each other, and the miko was full of InuYasha. The Taiyoukai also found it fascinating that the two never seemed to tire of one another. No, they had not been mated for that long, but still. The love, trust, and need the two had for each other was simply beyond his comprehension. Nevertheless, Sesshomaru almost smiled at the thought that he might actually be able to get a peaceful night's sleep again that night.
 
 
To be continued...