InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Live and Let Die (Part 2): Awakenings ❯ Under The Full Moon ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I still do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. However, any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thanks to those of you who take the time to leave a review. The more I get, the faster I tend to write.
 
 
Live and Let Die: Awakenings
 
 
Chapter 11: Under the Full Moon ( Warning: Lemonade )
 
InuYasha followed Kagome to Ougon's house after dinner to check on him once again. Even she was surprised at how well the poultice she made had worked. InuYasha was able to tell her that the infection, with the exception of the very worst wound, was just about gone. And even the nastiest one would probably be cleared up within a couple of days. The miko made another batch of the poultice to leave with Yuujin to use. Even as often as he was cleaning the wounds and packing them with the mixture, it should last until they were completely healed.
 
When they left Ougon's home InuYasha was surprised that Kagome headed towards the forest, rather than back towards the inn. He thought she would be a bit miffed at him for the way he had acted at dinner. InuYasha had apologized once they were alone, but really did not understand himself exactly why he had behaved the way he had. She just looked back at him and smiled, and the spike in her scent told him what she wanted. When they were out of sight of the huts in the village, InuYasha leaned over so she could climb on his back and then took off at a jog towards the hot spring deep in the forest.
 
The hanyou couldn't help himself as he worked his fingers up her thigh in order to fondle his mate as he ran. She was gasping in pleasure as he rubbed her pearl, almost bringing her to climax when he jumped over a fallen tree. InuYasha took one final leap and landed in the clearing next to the hot spring. Kagome hopped down and ripped off her yukata she had worn, revealing what he already knew - she had nothing on under it.
 
InuYasha apparently was moving too slowly, because his mate was pulling at his ties, trying to get him out of his clothing faster than he was taking them off. This time, instead of taking the time to unwrap the fundoshi, she gave it a good yank to pull it down so that it fell to InuYasha's ankles. He chuckled as he stepped out of it to find that Kagome had already dropped to her hands and knees and was waiting for him.
 
The hanyou mounted her from behind and thrust into her eagerly, this time hard and fast. He howled as he pounded into his mate, feeling her need as she slammed back into him in rhythm. This coupling was far more primal than any before, with the exception of the one immediately after the incident where Kouga had tried to grab Kagome. As the full moon rose to fill the sky above them, the hanyou's youkai surged in power as the two bodies hammered together.
 
Kagome gasped in pleasure and almost howled herself as she felt InuYasha start to grow inside of her. While she could not see his face, as she looked up to observe the full moon she could almost guess what was happening. The miko could feel the claws that were holding her hips start to grow longer, though he still was careful not to draw blood. He was now pounding against that spot inside of her that he had only hit the one time before, after Kouga. Once again, her body started to spiral out of her control as the waves of a massive orgasm overtook her.
 
InuYasha's thrusts suddenly became shorter and harder, the stimulation of muscles rippling around him causing him to expand as the jagged streaks darkened on his cheeks. This time, under the full moon, he found himself locked together with his mate as he started to pour his seed into her womb. After he slammed into her and exploded, he lay across her back and gently took her shoulder where he had marked it in his elongated fangs. Holding her still, he continued to fill her as he started rumbling his chest against her back.
 
“Mate. Mine. Good bitch,” Kagome heard uttered in her ear when she felt the fangs release her shoulder.
 
“Yes, InuYasha, I'm yours, your mate,” Kagome whispered back.
 
Kagome suddenly felt herself being pulled over to her side as two strong arms wrapped around her. She could feel the knot that had grown inside of her and realized that the two of them were tied together. InuYasha had started licking and nipping at her shoulder again so Kagome gently took his arm and brought it up to her lips to do the same to his mark as he was to hers. The result was that he started to twitch inside of her, and the miko thought that she would pass out from the sheer pleasure of it. The feelings from the combination of InuYasha humping her, added to the sensations running through her body from his attentions to her mark, were impossible to describe.
 
As they lay there together, Kagome snuggled back into her mate. Suddenly she understood everything that had happened at dinner. InuYasha seemed much more protective than usual, and she would have sworn he actually growled at Miroku and his own brother for getting too close. The hanyou was all right around Ougon and Yuujin, but Ougon was old and ill, and the boy was simply not a threat. Kagome had wondered since the day that InuYasha told her he could produce a true hanyou pup on the night of the full moon, how a hanyou would produce a true half demon child? Now she thought she understood. Under the full moon, now that they were mates, his youkai had come forth to breed. That would explain how something she thought would not really be possible could actually happen. The seed that InuYasha was filling her with while they were locked together was that of his demon.
 
Kagome smiled as she felt the hanyou nuzzle her neck. She wrapped her arms back around his and drifted off to sleep. When she woke up sometime later they were no longer tied together, and she had been rolled on her back. She moaned as she felt InuYasha's tongue digging into her, lapping at her to prepare her again.
 
Kagome reached down to find a furry ear and started to rub it. A thrill went through her when the hanyou looked up, and she could see the streaks on his cheeks and the lust in his eyes. Not certain if he would understand what she wanted, she started to tug him forward.
 
“InuYasha, I want to see your face this time,” she said softly.
 
Kagome continued to rub the ear and draw him up her body. She wrapped her legs around his and encouraged him to continue his forward motion. When she reached down to guide him into her, he suddenly realized what she wanted and drove into her welcoming body. She pulled his face down to hers and thrust her tongue into his mouth, running it over his tongue and tracing over his fangs. When she finally pulled away for air, she rubbed his cheeks with her thumbs, following the marks of his demon.
 
InuYasha suddenly pulled his body upright, and cupping her buttocks, pulled her body off of the ground. All Kagome could do was try to hang on for the ride. The hanyou suddenly switched from the long hard thrusts to short powerful ones. Once again, Kagome could feel the knot that tied them together start to swell as he hammered her body with his own, his heavy testicles slapping against her buttocks. The miko screamed in pleasure as her body was rocked again with waves of the orgasm that hit her and then joined by the howl of the demon she was tied to. When their motion finally stopped, Kagome wrapped her legs around behind him and reached towards him for help to pull her body upright. She tried not to giggle as he stopped part way in order to play with her breasts. She gasped when he suddenly wrapped his arms back around her, but held her just far enough away to lean over and pull first one breast, and then the other, into his mouth. Kagome was panting from all of the sensations running through her body.
 
“Bitch like?”
 
Kagome reached up to wrap both of her hands around InuYasha's neck to pull his mouth back to hers. When they pulled apart, she replied, “Yes,” while she rotated her pelvis to further stimulate them both.
 
 
 
 
“Did InuYasha growl at you?” Sango asked Miroku as they walked back towards their room.
 
“Yeah, I actually think he did,” the monk responded. “In fact, I am almost certain that he growled at Lord Sesshomaru as well.”
 
“Really? He did not say anything,” Sango commented.
 
“I do not think that he would. I think Lord Sesshomaru knew something was going on that we do not know about. Did you see how protective InuYasha became of Kagome at dusk? He was keeping her closer to him and glaring at anyone who got near her. It is a good thing that the innkeeper was the only one there tonight. However, he did not seem to think anything about it,” Miroku contemplated.
 
“Did you see Jaken? He looked downright scared of InuYasha,” Sango said.
 
“But InuYasha did not seem to mind either you or Rin being near Kagome,” Miroku added.
 
“Yeah, it was only males. It is probably a good thing that Kouga is not around right now. InuYasha was almost like he was that day Kouga tried to grab Kagome, just without the demon markings,” Sango observed.
 
“Do you think they will come back to the room tonight?”
 
“I do not know. Kagome did say that she was going to take a walk with him to see if she can get him to calm down and try to figure out what is going on. If he is still acting weird, she might keep him out. She was worried why males seem to agitate him so at the moment.”
 
“So we have the room to ourselves?” Miroku asked, though remembering the conversation he had with InuYasha that day.
 
Sango blushed. “It looks like at least for a while, if not all night.”
 
 
 
 
Sesshomaru had felt the surge in his brother's youkai as the sun dipped below the horizon. He had not missed the growl thrown in his direction when the Taiyoukai thought about approaching the couple. Realizing the dining room with the entire group present was not the place to make a scene, he waited until the miko and InuYasha had left to check on the village headman.
 
Sesshomaru stayed downwind from the couple as he followed them from a distance. As he looked up and saw that the full moon was starting to rise, he suddenly thought he understood what might be happening. His father's journal had explained that InuYasha would be able to sire a true hanyou pup on the night his youkai was the strongest, and the Demon Lord could tell that his brother's youkai was bursting to be set free. However, the only state that Sesshomaru had witnessed InuYasha's demon was in full bloodlust, killing everything in his path. Following to make certain that nothing of that nature happened, he continued after them until they reached the clearing in the forest.
 
The Taiyoukai almost chuckled as he watched the miko rip his brother's clothes off after she had discarded her own. It was also obvious she did not mind coupling like an Inu as she dropped to her hands and knees without prompting. What was a surprise was that the smell of InuYasha's blood continued to change as the streaks appeared on his cheeks while he pounded into his mate. Sesshomaru was also amazed when he realized that the two of them were tied together, as two Inu-Youkai would have been on a successful breeding. Even though the miko was not fertile, the hanyou had bred her as though she was. At least Sesshomaru had not had to intervene; he had not realized that they could become tied together in order to warn InuYasha about it. It was fortunate that the miko had not panicked and was taking it rather well.
 
Realizing the two of them were totally wrapped up in their lust for each other and that InuYasha was being driven by very primal instincts, Sesshomaru settled against a tree downwind from the pair to keep watch. It was just as well; he had already decided he wouldn't get much sleep tonight, anyway. Fortunately, he did not really need it.
 
 
 
 
Miroku forgot all about InuYasha and Kagome as Sango once again pulled him to her for a kiss after they had entered their room and closed the door behind them. His staff hit the floor with a clang as he wrapped his hands around her and then he scooped her up in front of him and carried her to his futon.
 
The monk lay alongside of Sango after he had laid her down. Leaning over to capture her mouth with his, he reached under her yukata to start rubbing her breast with his palm. The demon slayer moaned in response and arched her back to meet him, wrapping one hand in his hair and keeping him close. Encouraged, Miroku slid his hand down to her belt and untied it to find her bare underneath. Deepening their kiss, the monk started at her thigh and ran his hand up the side of her body, landing again on her breast. He kneaded it as her nipple became hard and then tweaked it, the sensation causing her to gasp into his devouring mouth. His hand trailed down to her abdomen to rub it before moving back up to the opposite breast. He was surprised to feel her hand suddenly appear above his, and take it to lead it down between her folds.
 
Miroku dipped into her, causing her to arch her back again as she pushed herself into his hand. He then started to almost tease her, gently rubbing her clit and pearl just enough to make her want much more.
 
The monk felt her hand try to grasp him through his robes, his hard length apparent in spite of the layers of cloth. He groaned as she wrapped her hand around him, and started to move up and down, exciting him even more. Before he knew it, she was tugging at his robes, for him to remove them. He stood and yanked them off, leaving them in a heap on the floor. She sat up and discarded the yukata that was under her, and then they lay back down together.
 
Miroku relished the calloused hand that gripped him so, rubbing his full length as she tried to bring him to climax. Not wanting to be outdone, the monk fervently started rubbing at her clit and pearl, causing her to cry out in pleasure as he brought her closer to the edge. Sango had to turn loose of him as her body started to buck out of her control, and Miroku took the opportunity to change positions so that he could continue to rub with one hand and thrust his fingers of the other into her, first two, and then three. He kept the demon slayer writhing in pleasure until she thought she could take no more.
 
The two lustful minds and hearts were not thinking as Miroku found himself being guided above Sango. He heard her whisper, “I want to feel you inside me, and I want you to know I am only yours.” He hesitated, his brain trying to scream at him not to do this, but for the life of him he could not remember why. Oh, how he wanted this, how much he had wanted to make love to Sango.
 
Miroku looked into her eyes, “Are you sure you want to do this?”
 
The beautiful woman below him nodded, her eyes full of lust. Not wanting to disappoint her, tamping back the part of the brain that was screaming, `NO!' at him, Miroku probed her slick, hot opening. He had entered her with just his head when he heard a roar that made him jump back and his heart pound.
 
Kirara had stayed over on Sango's side of the room on the abandoned futon, only trying to stay out of the way. InuYasha did not really know if she understood him or not, when he told the firecat to keep an eye on the demon slayer, because he did not totally trust Miroku to keep his head about him. Remembering the hanyou's words to stop them before they went too far, she transformed as she ran across the room. Running around the screen on the opposite side, she was practically on top of their heads when she roared.
 
Miroku jumped back, shaking, from the intrusion. Sango yelled, “Kirara, what was that for!!”
 
Kirara shrank back to her small form, gave a “meow” now that things were under control again and sauntered back to her side of the room.
 
“Oh, Buddha, what did I almost do?” Miroku whispered.
 
The moment now broken all to hell, Sango was looking for something to cover herself. Pulling the sheet up over her, she said, “What do you mean? You were only doing what I wanted. Why did Kirara have to ruin it?”
 
“Sango, it is my fault. I was supposed to keep my head and not let my passions take over. We cannot do that right now,” Miroku answered. “Thank Buddha that Kirara did stop us.”
 
“What do you mean, Monk?” Sango sounded angry now.
 
“Sango, please do not be mad. I want to do that more than anything with you. But if we do that right now, you will more than likely end up pregnant. I do not think either of us is ready for that yet,” Miroku responded seriously.
 
“What? But how? How would you know?” Sango replied, calming down somewhat but blushing furiously.
 
“You know all that time you spent in the bath?”
 
“Yeah, what does that have to do with it?”
 
“InuYasha used the opportunity to talk to me. He could smell what we have done so far and that we were waking up on the same side of the room.”
 
“He…he did not order you to stay away from me, did he?” Sango was angry again.
 
Miroku took Sango's hand between his own. “No Sango. He just warned me that you are fertile right now. If we completed what we almost did, you would end up pregnant. He warned me that it was my responsibility not to go that far, at least right now. He said your inhibitions might be lowered because you were receptive, but in my lust I blocked out what he said.”
 
Sango actually giggled. “You mean InuYasha had a talk with you about this?”
 
Miroku rubbed his neck. “Yeah. Kind of hard to believe, is it not? But he said as the leader of our pack, it was his responsibility. He really has matured a lot over the last couple of years, but especially since he mated with Kagome.”
 
“So why is he not worried about Kagome getting pregnant? They have been together an awful lot,” Sango commented.
 
“He told me that. Apparently, in Kagome's time, they have methods to prevent pregnancy until you are ready. InuYasha said she went to her healer and got a `shot.' He also mentioned that, unfortunately, we do not have that option because you cannot go through the well to see her healer.”
 
Sango sighed in defeat. “I guess I should be grateful that he must have said something to Kirara, too.”
 
The demon slayer reached over to grab her yukata from where it had been tossed. “I had better go back to my bed on my side of the room for the night. InuYasha was right, though I do not really understand how he would know, but I really did want you badly. If I stay over here, we will probably end up doing the same thing all over again, and I do not know how many times Kirara will stop us. I am sorry, Houshi…Miroku. You did make me feel good, but I did not get to do anything for you.”
 
“It is just as well, my dear Sango. After Kirara scared me half to death, the mood is kind of gone anyway,” Miroku responded, though that was a vast understatement. His heart was just starting to slow down its pounding from having the firecat roar in his face.
 
Sango leaned over to kiss the monk gently. “Goodnight, Houshi.”
 
Miroku sighed. “Goodnight, Sango.”
 
 
 
Kagome was surprised just how flexible her hanyou was as they lay tied as one, facing each other, with their legs tangled together. They were looking into each other's eyes while he continued to throb within her. Kagome had reached up to brush his cheek before taking an ear to rub, stroking the inside of it from the base towards the tip, as InuYasha caressed her breast with his thumb. She had no idea how long they lay together like that as she continued to rub his ear with one hand while tracing his fangs with the thumb of her other, before she cupped it under his cheek and stroked it in rhythm with the thumb rubbing his ear. Kagome smiled as InuYasha closed his eyes, and she listened to his body rumble with the soft growl he was emitting. At some point, the two drifted off to sleep again.
 
They did not remain asleep for long, however. Once InuYasha and Kagome had separated, he had her on her back with his head between her legs again. He was licking fervently between her folds when he stopped long enough to suckle her clit through his teeth. Hearing her gasp in pleasure, he did it again before he started digging his tongue into her channel, preparing her for him to mount again.
 
Kagome did not protest when she felt herself being flipped over. She had decided that as much as she loved being face to face with her mate, when he was in this form and was larger, it was more comfortable receiving him as an Inu would. She brought her knees up under her and presented herself to him, and just smiled when she heard, “Good Bitch,” as he mounted and thrust into her. Dropping down so that her forearms were resting on the ground, giving him more of an angle, he was able to drive deeply into her body. The miko panted and encouraged her mate to drive harder as she felt him growing inside of her again. His knot was hitting the sensitive spot just inside of her as his huge erection was hitting deep within. They both howled as he exploded and she climaxed, her walls rippling around his pulsating member. This time, secure that she was not going to try to get away while they were tied together, he reached around to fondle her breasts and abdomen while he lay across her back, growling.
 
They passed the entire night that way. They would sleep for a little while when tied together, and then she would wake, with him eagerly lapping between her legs, ready to rut again. Kagome was just grateful that he seemed to be mindful of the fact she needed to be prepared first, and feeling his hot tongue dipping into her was more than enough to make her ready to receive her mate. Kagome was also thankful that her mother had the foresight to have her take that shot. Kagome knew that there was no way that InuYasha would be denied in his youkai state. And truthfully, as good as it felt, she would not want to. She just sighed in pleasure when she felt him dive between her legs again as he lapped and suckled her swollen and sensitive clit and pearl.
 
 
 
 
Sesshomaru had realized some time ago that Kagome was not afraid of his brother, even when his youkai had taken over in bloodlust, but the Taiyoukai was impressed at how she handled him tonight. The miko seemed to realize that he was being driven by a primal part of himself, mostly by his Inu instincts. Not only was she not afraid, she seemed to enjoy the lustful passion of the demon as much as she did the more tender rutting they had taken part in before. She had screamed and cried out, but only in pleasure. She had not spoken much, only a few calm words to reassure her mate that she was his, or to let him know she wanted to rut facing him. Not once did she try to get him to stop when they would wake up and he would be ready to mount her again. The miko seemed to be as insatiable as the hanyou was under the full moon.
 
 
 
 
It was getting close to dawn when Kagome woke to find InuYasha between her folds again. Realizing this was probably the last time before it became daylight, she pushed herself into his face and moaned in pleasure as he alternated between digging his tongue into her and sucking at her clit and pearl. Even though the hanyou was driven primarily by the instinct to breed, he was still trying to ensure that she enjoyed it. Not once had he simply taken her like she expected him to in this state. This time, he kept at her until she was writhing off of the ground and screaming his name. She thought she heard him chuckle as she found her legs wrapped around his head, trying to pull his face inside of her.
 
When she finally relaxed her grip, she felt herself being flipped over on her belly and pulled to her knees. She could tell that his knot was already starting to form as he thrust into her this time. Apparently he was even more excited because of her reactions to his attempts to prepare her. It was no time at all before they were fully tied together and he was filling her with his seed.
 
This time, InuYasha did not seem content to just lie down and go back to sleep. Instead, he wrapped his arms around his mate and rocked back so that Kagome was sitting in his lap. He suckled at the mark on her shoulder as he reached down to rub her clit while they were tied together. He had his other hand teasing the nipple on first one breast, and then the other.
 
Kagome thought she was going to overload and pass out on the sensations he was sending through her body. She was going to orgasm again, this time while tied. Wondering if he understood what he was doing to her, she took his left hand and laced her fingers through his as she brought his forearm to her mouth. She started to suckle her marks on him just as he was hers, and grinned to herself when she heard him start to pant, and felt him twitch inside of her. InuYasha did not let up on his rubbing of her clit, and she found herself bucking against the knot inside of her. Her entire body felt like it was on fire as he continued to stroke her. He finally slowed down and came to a stop when he could tell she could not take any more. At that point, he lay back flat on his back, bringing her with him so she was lying on top of his body. This time, leaving her over-sensitive breasts and clit alone, he chose to rub her abdomen with both hands. She reached back behind her and found an ear, and rubbed gently behind it. They lay like that until the sun appeared on the horizon, and the night was over. As the full moon disappeared into the sunrise, InuYasha's youkai receded and the demon streaks vanished from his face. Kagome felt him slide out of her as he hugged her tightly.
 
Kagome felt InuYasha start to sit and then he pulled her sideways to hold her in his lap. When they were comfortable, she placed both hands on his face, and rubbing his cheeks as she had when the streaks were there, pulled him to her for a soft kiss.
 
“Are you all right?” InuYasha asked when they pulled apart.
 
Kagome kissed him again. “Why wouldn't I be?”
 
“Last night…I…I didn't give you much of a break.” InuYasha blushed as he said that.
 
Kagome brushed his bangs back to see his eyes better. “I think I understand now. I didn't before, not how you could produce a hanyou pup on the night of the full moon. I mean, how could a half demon produce much more than a quarter demon? But now I know. Your youkai surged in power last night, under the full moon, to breed. The seed you planted in me was that of your youkai. InuYasha, when I realized what was happening, I fully expected you to do little more than take me as many times as you could.”
 
InuYasha interrupted with a whisper, “But Kagome, that's what I did.”
 
“No, InuYasha. In spite of your lust, in spite of your instincts driving you, you still made sure I was prepared each time. The last time, even after we were tied, you brought me to such an orgasm that I thought the sheer pleasure of the sensations were going to make me pass out. Kami, InuYasha, I've never felt anything like last night. I'll admit that I could not handle it all of the time, but I can look forward to once a month.”
 
InuYasha wrapped his arms tighter around his mate. “Are you sure? Are you sure I did not hurt you?”
 
“I'm sure InuYasha. Even with your longer claws and fangs, you did not draw blood. All you did was make me feel really, really good.”
 
InuYasha smirked. “Should I be jealous that you like my youkai better than me? Should I change my mind and wish to become a full demon again?”
 
Kagome became serious, even though she could tell InuYasha was trying to joke. “No, InuYasha. I love you as a hanyou. Your youkai is simply part of what makes you that. I love your human half just as much. No, I would not want you to give up either. Having both sides is what makes you so unique. Your demon half gives you the strength to protect me, but it is your human heart that allows you to love me.” Kagome reached up to rub an ear. “And I love these ears. I would not change anything about you, InuYasha. But I am a little sore; you stretched some places I did not know could be stretched any more.”
 
InuYasha kissed her. “I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do?”
 
“I think sitting in the hot water might help. Would you care to join me in the hot spring?” Kagome responded.
 
InuYasha scooped her up and stood, carrying her into the warm water. They settled down on a large smooth rock under the water, so that they were sitting in water that came up to their chest, just covering Kagome's breasts. InuYasha wrapped one arm around his mate and kissed her on the forehead.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Hum?”
 
“Sesshomaru is somewhere nearby.”
 
“I know. He has been out here all night with us. I think he was keeping watch since we were occupied. I'm glad since we were a bit vulnerable when we were tied together,” Kagome stated.
 
“You mean I didn't notice him?” InuYasha asked.
 
“Actually, I think you did. You growled in his direction a few times, like you were warning him to stay away. You were being driven almost totally by lust, so you did not do anything more since he did not appear to be a threat.”
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Hum?”
 
“I'm sorry for how I acted at dinner last night.”
 
“Stop apologizing. You already said that you were sorry last night, and I know you meant it. I also understand now that you really did not know what was happening to you. I knew something was up when you even growled at your brother, and he did nothing to respond. I told Sango I was going to try to talk to you to find out why you were so agitated, and that I might keep you away from the others for the night if you did not calm down. I'm glad I said something so they would not worry when we did not come in.”
 
“Kagome?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Do you mind if I call Sesshomaru over so we can talk to him?”
 
“Can we stay in the water? This is really helping me. I already feel better, not so sore.”
 
“Keh.”
 
“Oi, Sesshomaru. Will you please come over here?” InuYasha called just loud enough that he knew his brother would hear him.
 
The Demon Lord cocked his head. He was just thinking about leaving the two to return to the inn, but he would see what they wanted.
 
Sesshomaru joined them at the edge of the spring. “Yes, InuYasha?”
 
“Oi, will you please sit so we don't have to look straight up at you?” InuYasha asked. “Or you can come in and join us, if you want. This is the hot spring that feeds the bath house.”
 
“This Sesshomaru has surmised as much. Maybe later. Did you have a question? Otherwise, this Sesshomaru has other things to do.”
 
InuYasha's entire body was flushed the color of his haori. “You followed last night? Did you know what might happen? You did not tell me.”
 
“This Sesshomaru was not certain. You were followed because of the surge in your youkai as the sun began to set. When you left with the miko, your youkai continued to become stronger, starting to change the scent of your blood. This Sesshomaru wanted to make certain that you did not become a mindless beast of bloodlust if your youkai took over you wholly. Fortunately, that was not the case.”
 
“By my youkai, it did take over,” InuYasha whispered.
 
“Only in the lust of a demon claiming his mate, not the mindless killer of your bloodlust. This Sesshomaru must conclude that the night of the full moon is the night that Father mentioned, when you would produce a true hanyou pup. This Sesshomaru did not understand how that was possible, until last night when you bred with your mate, as a full Inu-Youkai would have. Your scent was that of an Inu-Youkai, rather than of an Inu-Hanyou.”
 
“Sesshomaru, did you have any idea that we could become tied?” It was Kagome asking the question this time.
 
Sesshomaru was shaking his head. “This Sesshomaru had no idea, or InuYasha would have been warned. It was fortunate that you did not panic and try to pull away. One or both of you could have seriously been injured if you had. I would have come immediately if it looked like that might happen, but my involvement was unnecessary. This Sesshomaru remained for the night, however, to ensure that you were not attacked. As you now know, you are very vulnerable mating when InuYasha produces fertile seed when his youkai is in control. You will need either a safe place or someone to watch over you.”
 
“Sesshomaru, is this going to happen every full moon?” InuYasha asked.
 
“If you mate with the miko, then the answer is probably yes. However, now that you know what was happening to you as the sun went down, it is most likely something you can keep under control if you do not actually allow your instincts to drive you. However, there is no way to know for certain until the next full moon, and you can try it to see if you can restrain your youkai,” Sesshomaru replied.
 
“So this was not in the journal? It was not something written down for you to tell me?” InuYasha questioned.
 
“No, InuYasha, it was not. This Sesshomaru would have been sure to tell you when the other information was given to you, before you claimed the miko as your mate.”
 
“Thanks, Lord Sesshomaru. Thank you for staying and keeping watch over us,” Kagome said softly.
 
“So you knew this Sesshomaru was here the entire time, in spite of your lust?” Sesshomaru did not wish to admit he was a bit impressed with the miko.
 
“Yes, but under the circumstances, I was glad you were here. I knew we were vulnerable to anything attacking us when we became tied together, but I also knew InuYasha was being driven by instinct and I could not possibly tell him no. Fortunately, you always manage to stay a discreet distance away from us,” Kagome said. “And it was weird. I know InuYasha knew you were out there, because he would occasionally growl in your direction. But then something seemed to happen that calmed him. It was almost like you reached out with your aura and stroked him.”
 
Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow - the miko had felt that as well? “This Sesshomaru tried to soothe InuYasha with my aura to let the hanyou know that his brother was watching over him, and would allow nothing happen to him or his bitch.”
 
“Keh.” InuYasha blushed. He remembered that.
 
“As long as you are here, this Sesshomaru has another matter to discuss with you.”
 
“What is it, Sesshomaru?” InuYasha asked, hearing the urgency in his voice.
 
“The incident with the bear youkai of the other village has awakened a part of your mind that you did not know you had, InuYasha, and now the miko has acquired it as well from your mating. You need to learn to use it to communicate with each other, but also to keep out anyone who may attempt to use it against you. This Sesshomaru requests that you come to the home of our father, so that you can gain more control of your new ability. It would be best to do it there, in some secrecy. You do not want too many others to know that you are able to do this.”
 
Kagome looked at InuYasha. “I really wished I knew how to reach you when that crazy priest grabbed me.”
 
“Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.” InuYasha turned back towards his brother. “When would you want to go? And how long do you think it would take?”
 
“As far as how long the training will take, that depends on the two of you. It will not be easy. The castle is not far from here as compared to your own village. We could leave once the miko is ready - she will need rest after last night. Her body may have been willing, but she is human.”
 
Kagome blushed, but asked, “What about Sango and Miroku? We can't just leave them.”
 
“There is plenty of room. In fact, they could spar against some of the staff. A few of them are getting soft and a good fight would do them good. It would also serve to keep the demon slayer and monk occupied while you are in your lessons,” the Taiyoukai responded.
 
“Your staff will not be upset that you brought home a hanyou and three humans with you?” InuYasha asked.
 
“No. Any staff that had a problem with Rin has been dismissed, and all understand that this Sesshomaru does not tolerate disrespect of any guests. Humans have been guests at the castle before when negotiating deals within the Western Lands. Some want to come under my protection, and others want assistance brokering deals, either with other villages or demons,” Sesshomaru responded.
 
“And me, a hanyou?” InuYasha asked very softly.
 
“You are our father's son. You have as much right there as I do,” Sesshomaru stated quietly.
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow. That was not what he expected to hear.
 
“When do you think you will be ready to move on?” InuYasha asked his mate.
 
“Ougon is almost healed, so I don't think I have to worry about him as much any more. If I'm not ready tomorrow, I should be by the next day. It's just that I am so sore I don't think that I could walk very far. I'm afraid I am sorer now than I was when you first claimed me as yours,” Kagome answered.
 
InuYasha looked back at his brother. “To be safe, why don't we plan on leaving day after tomorrow? Everyone should be well rested by then, so we can move on. And Ougon should be completely well at the rate he is healing.”
 
Kagome leaned against InuYasha's shoulder. “I hope the village can find another priest like their old one to help protect them. They said that they do business with a number of youkai, but had depended on him to help determine if any of them meant them harm.”
 
“This Sesshomaru has made them an offer to help with that. The wisdom of the elders in this village is impressive, so this Sesshomaru has made them an offer to become part of the Western Lands under my protection. They are considering it.”
 
“I thought you did not really care for humans, Sesshomaru?” InuYasha asked.
 
“This Sesshomaru does not care much for the matters of mortals, but he does care about the prosperity of the Western Lands. This village would add to that if they join us.”
 
InuYasha and Kagome both just nodded. It was hard not to be impressed by the village where the men even seemed to accept InuYasha, and their human innkeeper did not care that they were mated and had, in fact, helped them.
 
Sesshomaru stood to return to the village. “If there is nothing else, this Sesshomaru will return to the inn to join Rin for breakfast.”
 
“Lord Sesshomaru?” Kagome asked.
 
“Yes, Miko?”
 
“If you see Sango and Miroku, would you let them know that we are all right, and will be along a little later?”
 
The Demon Lord nodded before he strode off into the forest.
 
To be continued…