InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love at first sight ❯ An Unexpected Visit ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey people!!!! More with the story…
***************************************************************** ********
 
 
Chapter 13
An Unexpected Visit
 
Sango didn't know how hectic today was going to be when she lifted her head from her pillow. She really didn't want to get up, but she dragged herself to the bathroom and then downstairs anyway. There was the normal chaos. Kagome and Rin where in the kitchen, Rin cooking and Kagome trying to pull Inuyasha out of the fridge. Sango settled down on the couch next to Miroku like usual.
 
Before long, the usual morning routine was through and each and every member of the household was bored out of their minds. Sango and Miroku had plans for later, but at the moment no one had anything to do. Rin occupied herself by cleaning and reorganizing the kitchen. Again and again and again and again and again and again and…okay, you get my point. Sesshomaru had locked himself in his room. He was doing something weird, but no one knew exactly what. Inuyasha was lazing out on the couch and Kagome was sitting behind him, playing with his hair. Miroku was sitting in the chair nearby. Sango had fallen asleep again. Right on top of him. But he didn't seem to mind. Out of nowhere, Kagome jumped a foot in the air. Everyone (who was awake) gave her a weird look until she took her cell phone out of her pocket. “Vibrate,” she merely said, laughing at her own stupidity. Everyone sweat dropped as she answered.
 
“Kagome here, who the hell is calling?” Kagome's normal reply.
 
“She's got red hair, green eyes and is bursting through your door at this very moment!” Came a female voice; but Kagome didn't even have time to open her mouth when something, or someone came barreling through the door right into her. She immediately knew who it was.
 
“Ayame! It's so good to see you!” Kagome said, grinning from ear to ear. Sesshomaru had slipped into the room undetected as the door came crashing in. Rin was walking in from the kitchen, and Sango was groggily saying “wha…?” When Rin saw who it was, she joined the girls on the floor.
 
“Rin!!! I haven't seen you since we were the size of puppies!” Ayame switched, turning to her other friend.
 
“Its great to see you again to, Ayame.” Rin answered, lifting her eyebrow over Ayame's odd word choice. But then, Ayame had always been a little weird.
 
“Hi Sango!!” Ayame chirped next, practically bouncing over to her half-dead friend. She must have had like three mocha frappichinos that morning!
 
“Hey Ayame.” Sango said, lifting herself off of Miroku's lap.
 
“Who are you? Hmm? Hmm? Hmm?” Ayame immediately asked Miroku, getting closer with each `hmm'. He looked a tad bit startled at the caffeine-crazed chick. Sango came to his rescue.
 
“Ayame, this is Miroku. He's-“
 
“Your Boyfriend?!?!?” Ayame cut in, stressing the word `til it couldn't stress no more. Her eyes glittered mischievously as she hugged her friend reeeeeeal tight. “YAY!!! My best buddie Sango finally got a man!!!!” Ayame yelled happily while still squeezing Sango. Sango was turning a very funny shade of red. Kagome, Rin and Inuyasha were openly laughing their heads off as Sesshomaru covered his mouth with his hand, holding it in for his own sake. He new Sango was gonna destroy those three later, and possibly Ayame too. And Sango could be reeeeeeal scary when she's mad. Miroku was just in shock.
 
When Ayame finally let go of Sango, she headed straight for Inuyasha. It appeared she was going to bother Sesshomaru last. “And what about you, hmm? You have to be one of their boyfriend's. No, no, don't tell me, I must guess!” Ayame looked him over, pacing in circles around him. She went from his old worn sneakers to his black hat that had a skull on it put on his head backwards. Then she spoke again. “Lets see; punk style, dark hair, aggressive-looking, probably a jerk, love of red, likes to go barefoot, hates to go shopping but she drags him anyway; yep this one's defiantly Kagome's.” the girl finished, nodding to herself. Everyone was giving her extremely odd looks, including - wait, no, especially -Inuyasha. It was then Sango's turn to laugh with Rin. Inuyasha was now glaring at Ayame and Kagome was counting to ten in her head to calm down. She was determined to take control of this situation.
 
“Ayame, this is Inuyasha.” Kagome said simply. Ayame nodded again and made a beeline for Sesshomaru. Now, being Sesshomaru, he never, I mean never showed fear, but that didn't mean he wasn't allowed to walk as quickly as he could towards the door to his room. But Ayame, being the girl she was hyped up on coffee, got between him and the door reeeeeeal fast, cutting off his only escape route. Then grinned evilly, obviously enjoying herself. But Sesshomaru refused to cringe as she approached, looking at her newest and most interesting prey. Yet no one expected what happened next. They had all been so occupied with Ayame, none of them noticed the man behind the open door. That is, until he spoke.
 
“Ayame, they're going to throw you out if you don't cut that out.” The man said, stepping over the threshold and leaning on the doorframe, arms crossed over his chest. It was the same guy Kagome saw with Ayame at the festival, the one Inuyasha didn't seem to like very much. He had long black hair (A/N: why do all the guys have black hair?) held up in a high ponytail and light blue eyes. Ayame seemed to not like what he said. She lost all interest in Sesshomaru and raced right over to him, a pout placed firmly on her face.
 
“But they're my fwends, they would never do dat to me!” Ayame said in a munchkin voice, holding onto his sleeve reeeeeeal (A/N: My word of the day! Sorry…) tight. Kagome, on the other hand, was watching Inu. As soon as Ayame's friend had come through the door, he seemed to get angrier and tenser with each passing moment. As the guy opened his mouth to reply to Ayame, Inuyasha spoke.
 
“What do you think you're doing here wolf boy?” Inuyasha growled out, clearly speaking to the new guy. Apparently they new each other.
 
“Why, I'm just making sure my girlfriend doesn't hurt herself. Got a problem with it, mutt?” He answered. Now even Sango was confused. `wolf boy' `mutt' what did these two have against each other?
 
“Yes I do. Because in doing so you came here.” Inu snarled, glaring daggers at him.
 
“Well I'm not leaving at the moment so you can just get over it.” The man said, barley loosing his cool when Inuyasha was showing his full hatred.
 
“You're either gonna leave, or I'm gonna kick you out. Pick one.” It seemed no one else was in the room at the moment, for now sound came except the softest sound of their friend's breathing.
 
“How `bout I don't leave and you shut up.” Was his comeback. That set Inuyasha off. Inu lunged at the man, fury well known. Sesshomaru and Miroku seized him, holding steady as Inuyasha struggled to get to the man on his doorstep. Rin and Sango were shocked, for they had never seen this side of their friend. But Kagome ran over, wanting to help any way she could.
 
“Inuyasha, clam down! Listen to me! Calm down!” Kagome ordered, going eye to eye with her boyfriend. He was still struggling, but seemed to be letting up a little. “Calm down Inu. Calm.” Kagome repeated, softer now. He stopped struggling yet still strained on the iron grips of his friend and brother. They dragged him to his room's door, Kagome swinging it open and the guys shoving him in. Kagome slipped in to talk to him before they slammed it shut. Inuyasha rammed into the door once with his shoulder before stumbling backwards and landing on his mattress. Kagome sat down on the edge of the bed and waited until his breathing slowed to talk.
 
“Inu, what was that all about? Why do you hate him so much? And who is he?” She asked quietly, in a tranquil voice. Inuyasha let out a deep sigh, obviously out of energy since that little snap. He slowly sat up, and looked Kagome strait in the eye as if wishing he could tell her something. But instead, he leaned his forehead onto her shoulder, loving her comforting presence. She did not press him for answers, and he was thankful for that. Kagome tilted her head so that her head was touching his. They stayed there in silence for a moment before he actually uttered a word.
 
“Bastard.” He muttered. Kagome raised her eyebrows at this. What had made him hate this person so? She waited for him to continue. “That guy was Koga, the most annoying man on the face of the planet. Just seeing him makes me mad. I hate him because of an event a long time ago.” Inuyasha fell silent again. The two lapsed into silence again. Soon, it became clear that he did not want to tell her the story, at least not then. Kagome trusted that he would tell her eventually, so was content with just that. Inuyasha finally lifted his head off her shoulder and looked at her again. “Thank you.” He whispered. Kagome leaned forward and kissed him gently.
 
“Let me go see if I can get those two out of the house, `kay?” She muttered, pressing her forehead against his. “Then everything will be good again.” He nodded, his eyes bright again, but this time not with hatred. More like a glimmer of hope of something to come. Kagome smiled at him and slid out the door to leave him to the silence.
 
~ While Kagome and Inuyasha Talked~
 
“Koga, why are you here? Did you come just so you could pick a fight with Inu?” Miroku asked angrily, though not as infuriated as our little short-tempered friend was. In the background, they could hear Inuyasha try to break down the door.
 
“Like I said, I came to watch over Ayame.” Koga answered, as calm as when he first walked in.
 
“I'm sorry, I didn't think my visit would cause so much trouble.” Ayame said, seeming troubled and upset. She was not nearly as energetic as when she bounced in. Sango and Rin comforted her.
 
“It's all right, you didn't know. It's not your fault.” Rin said softly, hoping to cheer her friend up. The girls soon were asking each other what had happened in their absence and talking happily. Koga kept leaning on the doorframe while Miroku started to pace, rubbing his temples and Sesshomaru sat down, watching and listening to the girls as they talked. It stayed like that for a few minutes before Kagome exited the bedroom and stepped forward. The girls attention fell on Kagome, Miroku stopped pacing and Sesshomaru and Koga's gazes traveled to her. Kagome closed her eyes then reopened them.
 
“No wish to be rude, but it would be most appreciated if you came back some other time.” She said. Ayame nodded.
 
“I was just thinking that.” She walked over to her friend and they hugged, smiling. “We must go shopping sometime and talk. I missed you.”
 
“Anytime. Just call.” Kagome smiled and they pulled apart. Ayame grabbed Koga by the color of his shirt as she passed him.
 
“Come Koga.” She ordered, and dragged him out of their eyesight. The door closed quietly behind them. Everyone let out a long breath, calming down and relaxing tense muscles. Rin stood, instantly back to her old self.
 
“I think I'll make ramen for dinner.” She announced. Inuyasha's bedroom door swung open and his head popped out.
 
“Ramen?” he said hopefully, causing everyone to laugh.
 
***************************************************************** ********
 
As the plot thickens! (I've always wanted to say that!) Inuyasha said thank you! IT'S THE APPOCOLYPS!!!!!! (Wow, I spelled that right!) Anyway, the faster you review, the faster my fingers move!!!!!
So review review REVIEW!!!!!