InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Love Handouts ❯ Chapter 16

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blanket Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters therein. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi, and she does a beautiful job!
 
A/N: Please forgive any spelling and grammatical errors.
 
 
 
 
Love Handouts
 
Chapter 16
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
He traveled as fast as he could and grabbed her arm, “You are coming with me, wench,” he told her as her blue eyes locked onto him.
 
Her brow furrowed, “Let go, InuYasha,” she ordered as she looked him square in the face.
 
She really could not take his attitude anymore. There was a point in which every normal human could put up with, but she reached that point long ago. It was only her love for the hanyou that kept her strong, but now she could see, without a shadow of a doubt, that that love was hopeless. There was no point in trying if the one you loved never wanted you back.
 
His amber orbs got harder as his grip on her tightened, “I didn't ask you,” he replied with venom.
 
Kagome couldn't believe the nerve of him. First, he had the audacity to say something like she never does anything right, and now he was ordering her around. Yeah, she was going to follow his plan.
 
Her eyes became hard as well as she tried to jerk her arm back. His claws were digging into her forearm from the grip that he had on her, but he wasn't technically hurting her. His grip was just going to give her some nice bruises in a couple of hours.
 
“InuYasha, let her go,” he heard Sango yell out making her way over to them. He could hear the worried tone in her voice.
 
His eyes quickly darted over in their direction, “Monk, control your woman,” was the only response she received.
 
He heard a gasp coming from both women.
 
InuYasha saw Miroku place a gentle hand on the taijiyas' shoulder, “Maybe we should give them a moment alone,” he whispered lightly.
 
Sango opened her mouth to retort.
 
“Don't be rude, InuYasha,” Kagome cut in, bringing his focus back to the girl.
 
He looked down as he felt gentle pokes against his lower body, “Let Kagome go you bully,” Shippo was yelling out. The gentle pokes were in fact, Shippo kicking him, trying to make him let go of the wench.
 
InuYasha just rolled his eyes, “Grab the runt while you're at it,” he hollered at Miroku.
 
InuYasha turned fully at Kagome and threw her up over his shoulders as he started to make his way off with her.
 
A loud scream could be heard as it all was becoming too much for the girl, but InuYasha continued on.
 
“Put me down,” Kagome ordered as she began punching at his back and sides.
 
He just rolled his eyes, “if you don't stop… I might drop you,” he warned.
 
Her movements momentarily halted, and she became still as her breath caught in her throat, but as soon as she stopped…she started up again, “You will not; you liar,” she hollered just now realizing who she was dealing with. “Now put me down!”
 
InuYasha flipped her over his shoulder real fast, “Your wish is my command,” he quoted as he dropped her on her butt.
 
Immediately her hand went to her backside, “What is wrong with you?” she shot up at him. Her eyes still closed as she was trying to will away all the pain from being dropped three feet on her butt.
 
“What's wrong with me?” he hollered down at her. “What's wrong with me?” he repeated as he watched her eyes focus on him. He could see her concern in her orbs.
 
“You really want to know what's wrong with me?” He asked her with his arms crossed over his midsection.
 
He got down on his hind legs so he was closer to her eye level, “You.”
 
Her eyes widened, but he didn't see any hurt in her beautiful blue orbs. Her anger shot out of her, “Well that's just great!” she hollered as she made to stand up, “why don't you just take me back to the others then,” she asked as she quickly squinted her eyes, the pain from falling still hurting her body.
 
InuYasha just let out a long breath, “You are so stupid, wench,” he replied quietly.
 
Her eyes hardened at him, “You know what InuYasha,” she began. “So are you” she shot back.
 
“At least I never pretended any different,” his anger matched her own.
 
Furious blue clashed with gold, “what is that supposed to mean,” she ground out.
 
She was really getting tired of his attitude. She really couldn't put up with it anymore. As soon as this stupid search for the jewel shards was over, she would happily turn her back on this part of her life. She really couldn't take it right now.
 
“It means exactly what I said, wench!”
 
“Well I'm sorry that I am the one that is always making things hard for you, InuYasha, but you won't have to worry about that anymore,” she shot back as she started to turn away.
 
He caught her arm, “I ain't finished talking to you.”
 
She looked hard at his arm holding her in place before her eyes shot to his face, “we are done, InuYasha.”
 
“No!” He hollered at her.
 
Kagome was momentarily confused. His anger was infuriating her, but at the same time… she had this nagging feeling deep within her gut like she knew something was different - something was about to change, but she just couldn't put her finger on it. The way he sounded so desperate all of the sudden - even in the midst of the argument caught her off guard.
 
There were so many emotions trembling in his voice, and no matter how hard he tried to mask it, she could tell that something was bothering him.
 
She straightened her head as she stared at him. Her face was hard as she read over his emotions, but she was not one to get fooled. Just because he was trying to show a little interest in her meant nothing.
 
`He probably just wants to keep you around for the jewel shards,' her mind thought angrily. The low jab to her psych the only real explanation she could come up with.
 
InuYasha just studied over her face. He could feel the hopelessness of the situation setting in, but he just couldn't say anything, and what could he utter? That he was the baka. That he was the one that didn't know any better. None of that would make this situation any different, and as he saw the hard, fierce look settle into her orbs once more…the twinkle gone, he felt lost.
 
His grip on her arm loosened as he lowered his head, “just please… don't give up on me.”
 
 
 
*
*
*
 
 
A/N: Please review!