InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Maid in Higurashi Manor ❯ Meet Kagome ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]




Maid in Higurashi Manor: Meet Kagome

by rachainu

Chapter 1

Meet Kagome



Here we go. This is my third fan fiction. I've been updating this story on a different fan fiction site and now I decided to start it up on MediaMiner, too. I just wanted to post this chapter and see the response that I got. If you like it, please review and please don't flame. This story gets a whole lot more interesting than it may be in the first chapters, believe me. And the chapters do get longer, believe me, they really do. Well, please read and please review. Here's the first chapter.



@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Do you believe that we make our own future's, carving our very destinies with every passing
minute? Or do you believe that everything is predestined?

That's what Kagome wondered. She found that sometimes to get to the better times in life, that you might have to rough it and take the hard path.

But she could take anything that life dished out at her. Read and see.

It was seven o'clock in the morning. Twenty year old Kagome had just woken up in her room in the servant’s quarters in Higurashi manor, dragging herself to work.

As far as people knew there, she was just Kagome. But she knew exactly who she was, Kagome Higurashi.

When Kagome was only two, her father died. Her mother remarried not long after that.

Her stepfather, Naraku, was a horrible man.

He started their home on fire, snuck Kagome out, and gave her up to a woman who said that she knew of a nice couple who couldn't have children of their own, complete with a fake birth certificate to repel suspicion as to her parentage and fake records and everything.

He then told her mother that she had died in the fire when Kagome was only a very young child.

Her adopted grandmother told her right before she died. Her adopted parents did know she told her. In fact, they didn't know of Naraku or the fire or any of that, or at least Kagome didn't think so.

They had just been grateful to have a child to call their own.

Kagome's mother had no idea about what Naraku had done. Kagome had started working at Higurashi Manor as soon as she finished high school.

She didn't put up any missing signs or any notices on television because it was insisted by everybody around her that Kagome was dead. They just didn't see any way that she couldn't have been in the house at the time of the fire.

Naraku was the head anchorman of the six o'clock news on channel seven. He was also the owner of a recording company.

Her mother was a famous supermodel and her little brother, Sota, was the star of the most popular TV series in Japan, 'Where's Sota?'.

Kagome reached her hands to her back to make sure that her sash was properly tied.

She hated her uniform, but this uniform had to be worn by all of the maids who worked in Higurashi Manor.

It was a tacky shade of green dress with a white collar and a light blue sash was to always be tied around the waist. If you wanted to make a fashion statement, then just put on one of those uniforms.

Out of all the rooms in the house, Kagome's favorite room was the room her mother had saved for her.

After the fire, her mother had refused to believe that Kagome was dead, or else she'd refused to admit to herself that Kagome wasn't dead.

So when they moved into Higurashi manor, she had a special room made for Kagome, hoping that she would someday come back to her even though everybody around her told her that Kagome wasn't coming back to her ever.

Oh how Kagome longed to tell her mother who she really was! How she desired to sleep in one of the many glorious canopy beds throughout the manor.

How she longed to go to a photo shoot with her mother and wished to star in her brother's TV show with him. But she knew that she couldn't tell her secret yet.

At least not until it was safe.

Kagome walked down the hall and into the kitchen just in time for another maid, Sango, to sit a tray of delicious crepes in Kagome's hands.

The crepes were imported specially from France. When it came to anything, it was nothing less than the best for the Higurashi's.

"Here. Take that to the dining room. I'll be right behind you with the French toast." Sango said impatiently.

Kagome walked down the hall and into the dining room, followed closely by Sango.

Kagome walked over to the large dining table and sat the tray down. "Thank you, Kagome," Suka Higurashi, her mother, said.

"Yeah! Thanks Kagome!" Sota teased. Kagome stuck her tongue out at Sota as she told Suka that she was just doing her job.

Kagome and Sota's relationship was much like that of a brother and sister's. Kagome hadn't told Sota that she was his sister, but it was like somewhere down deep inside, he knew.

Kagome and Sango left the room and brought the rest of the breakfast to be served. As Kagome sat down the last tray, Suka laid her hand on top of Kagome's.

"You know Kagome, sometimes you remind me so much of my Kagome. She died years ago in a fire."

A tear streamed down Suka's cheek.

Kagome was now on the verge of tears herself.

She hated seeing her mother like this, but she knew that she couldn't tell her who she really was now.

She was sure that if she did, then Naraku would find a way to make her disappear again, this time for good.

"Don't tell me that you're moping over that dead little brat again," said the cold voice of the vile evil man Naraku as he took his place at the end of the table.

Kagome shot him a death glare, but he either didn't notice or he didn't care.

His horrible remark had now made her more sure than ever that she had made the right choice when she decided not to reveal her true identity.

Even though Kagome's glare went unoticed by Naraku, Sota noticed it. And this made him start to think about something that had been bugging him for quite a while now.

"Servants!" Naraku said in an orderly tone. "Take your leave now!"

Kagome and Sango quietly said, "As you wish," and left the room.

Kagome snuck one last look back at Suka and Sota who were digging into the french toast Sango had brought.

She wished that she could be sitting at the table with them, without Naraku that is.

"Can you believe that guy!" Kagome yelled as she walked down the hall with Sango. "I absolutely hate him with every fiber of my being!" She jumped up and down, stomping the anger out of her.

"Calm down," Sango said. "Your time will come. One day, you will find a way to knock him off his high horse and tell your mother who you really are."

Sango and Kagome went way back and they started working at Higurashi manor at the same time.

She was the only one that Kagome had told her secret to. She was her best friend.

"You're right Sango. Someday. I just hope that day will be sooner than later."

They quietly walked down the long corridor and headed to do their usual housework.

First, they had to clean the bathrooms on the second floor. It was the job that Kagome hated the most.

She couldn't stand the thought of it, even when she was wearing gloves.

"So did you hear about the party tonight?" Sango asked.

"Yeah," Kagome said sadly as she scrubbed the toilet. "Too bad we won't get to go to it."

"I know what you mean," Sango said dreamily. "It would be so fun with all the famous people and eligible bachelors! I would love to walk down the grand staircase in a beautiful dress and into the arms of my prince charming!" Sango sighed.

She now had a far away look on her face.

She was so far in la-la land that she dropped the sponge she was using to clean the sink.

Kagome laughed and snapped Sango out of her little fantasy.

"Well I don't think that any of the guys would go for a maid in a tacky green uniform like this any day!"

"That's so true! But I did say that I'd be wearing a beautiful dress, didn't I?" Sango said as she went back to scrubbing the sink.

After they finished the bathrooms, they went to help clean the kitchen.

For four hours they helped clean and tended to the needs of their employers.

When they were done, they finally got to take a brake. Kagome and Sango left the house and went to their favorite fast food resturaunt, Wacdnald's.

They hadn't eaten all day and both of them were starving and tired.

"Oh my aching feet!" Kagome moaned as she and Sango sat down at their usual booth.

"I'll go order us the usual," Sango said as she got up.

Kagome thought about what Sango had said earlier. About wishing that her prince charming would come and wisk her away.

Kagome closed her eyes and tried hard to imagine what her prince charming would look like, but she had no luck, but did know that he'd be really handsome.

And she did know that she wanted the kind of guy who she could be herself with, even if if wasn't her complete self.

She wanted the kind of guy who's smile could make her heart beat faster, the kind of guy who took her breath away.

She wanted the kind of guy who'd stay on her mind when they were apart.

Kagome wanted the kind of guy who wanted what she wanted, to not have the rest of life planned out and to take it as it came, live in the moment.

Sango came back in a little bit with the food.

She sat back down and they began to eat their lunch.

They talked about many things from if they'd seen any old classmates from high school to if anybody had heard if any of the maids would get a raise.

Once she had finished with her meal, Kagome glanced down at her watch. "You better hurry up Sango. Our break is almost up. We have to get back and help decorate for the party."

Sango hurried up and finished eating. After that, they walked back to Higurashi manor.

Five hours later, the decorations were all put up and refreshments ready to be put out.

Suka could have easily hired professionals to decorate the manor, but Naraku always insisted that it be done by the employees, something about keeping it an inside job.
Sometimes he seemed so paranoid, as if he had some kind of secret to hide.

"I must go take a nap before I leave to go home!" Kagome said as she headed back towards the sevants quarters.

"Me too!" Sango said as she followed Kagome to the room that they shared. "I don't wanna fall out from exhaustion in the middle of the street or anything!"

The girls opened the door to their room and flopped down on their beds. Kagome and Sango laid down and drifted off to sleep.


@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"But I hate going to these stupid parties!" Inuyasha whined. "All those people are just a bunch of snobby rich people who put their mouth where their money is! Sesshomaru, why can't you go to the party instead?"

"Because little brother. The invitation was for you. And besides. I want to stay home and spend some quality time with Kagura. I've been out of the country alot lately and we need to catch up."

Inuyasha rolled his eyes, but grinned at the thought of his half brother always getting matched word for word by the demon's best friend, Kagura.

They were at the fitter's and Inuyasha was getting his tuxedo.

"People who put their mouths where their money is? I think I like that," Miroku said.

"Shut up you lecher."

"Well look on the bright side Inuyasha," Miroku said. "At least you'll get to see alot of beautiful eligible girls there!" A perveted grin quickly spread across his face as he began to consider the possibilities.

"Snap out of it!" Inuyasha snapped. "If you can't control yourself, then I won't take you with me."

Miroku straightened his face up and fell silent.

"For once, I'd like to meet somebody who doesn't have the rest of their life planned out, but live life by the day, taking whatever it throws at them next."

He didn't know then, but he would definetly get his wish.

"Hey, you never know! Tonight, life just might throw a beautiful lady at you next! As for me...I'm going to take matters into my own...hands..." Miroku said.

"Watch it," InuYasha warned.

"Sorry, it slipped," Miroku told him with a mischevious grin.

"You better not so much as look at a woman the wrong way. If you do..."

"Yo, there is no wrong or right way to look at a woman, just a way that's going to get you a date or a way that's going to get you rejection."

"And there's a look that'll get your ass kicked and there's a look that'll get your ass kicked some more. Keep that in mind."

"InuYasha, stop being such a prude," Miroku said.

"I'm not being a damn prude. You stop being a fucking perv!"

"Hey, I'm not being a perv, I'm being more of a ladies man that you have ever been."

"You won't have what lets you call yourself a man after I'm done with you."

"Okay, I give up."

"Little brother. Have you not a since of manners? We are in a highly rated store. It isn't proper to talk in such a way here. This Sesshomaru won't allow it."

"Flake off," InuYasha said.

Sesshomaru kicked him hard in the leg and pinned him with a glare before digging out his cell phone.

"One more word and the Eclipse goes," Sesshomaru threatened coldly.

'Damn!' InuYasha thought. 'Just what I need. Him breathing power down my throat.'

Three hours later, Inuyasha and Miroku pulled up in front of Higurashi manor.

They stepped out of Inuyasha's brand new light blue Mitsubishi Eclipse and walked up to the house. Inuyasha rang the bell.

"Damn that Sesshomaru for kicking me in my leg," InuYasha whispered to Miroku. "I'll get the bastard back for that."

A woman answered the door. It was Suka Higurashi.

"Well hello! Welcome to my party! I assume that you have an invitation, of course."

They grinned at her little joke.

Inuyasha handed her the invitations. After she glanced at it for a second, she handed it back to him.

"Well don't just stand there. Come on in!"

Inuyasha and Miroku walked through the door and now joined the party.

Kagome woke up. It was dark outside! She looked down at her watch and saw that it read eight thirty!

"Oh snap!" Kagome said. "Sango. Come on and wake up!"

She gently shook Sango and she eventually came to.

"What is it Kagome?"

"We overslept, that's what!"

"Oh man!"

"I know. And I had to be home for dinner tonight. My parents said that there was somebody that they wanted me to meet."

Kagome and Sango began to walk down the hall. They walked up stairs and caught a glimpse of the party going on below.

It looked so fun to them.

"I wish that I could go to the party like you said before," Kagome said as they began to pass by Suka's room.

As they were passing the room, Sango saw that Suka's closet was wide open and many beautiful dresses were visible. Just then, a brilliant idea crossed Sango's mind.

"Kagome. Let's go to the party. What's holding us back, anyway?"

"Sango look at us! We are maids dressed in the tackiest uniforms ever made. Whoever designed these uniforms should be locked up for life without a paper and pencil so that they can't inflict any more torture upon people! We'll stick out like two misfits with neon signs on their heads saying that they didn't belong their."

"Which is exactly why we will just blend in! We'll be like two needles in a haystack!"

Kagome looked at Sango curiously. "What do you mean?"

She followed Sango's eyes which were curiously looking straight at Suka's closet with avid interest and a wicked, devious, yet brilliant scheming look lit her eyes.

"Oh no way Sango, no way are we going to do that!" Kagome said as she shook her head. "Over my dead body."
"How shall I kill you?" Sango said as she took Kagome by the hand and pulled her behind her.

Sango was a lot stronger than she looked.


@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



A/N:


There you go. The first chapter here on MediaMiner. Please keep reading the story and please review. Please don't flame because if you don't like something about this story, please keep in mind that you don't necessarily have to read it though I wish you would. I didn't want to really put this story up on MediaMiner for my own reasons, but I decided to give it a shot. But if you have a suggestion on something that needs to be fixed or anything, basically constructive criticism, then that's okay with me. Here's the disclaimer issue...

Ha! I own InuYasha and all of the characters! I can say it all I want! Who's going to stop me?! Nobody! Not the police, not the FBI, not even Rumiko Takahashi herself! Mwahahah! (rachainu's doorbell rings) rachainu: I wonder who it is...(rachainu opens the door and it's Rumiko Takahashi!) rachainu: Rumiko Takahashi?! (Rumiko Takahashi jumps on rachainu and pins her to the floor) Rumiko: You said I couldn't do anything about it punk?! (Rumiko Takahashi bangs rachainu's head on the floor) rachainu: No, I'm sorry! Rumiko: Then say the disclaimer punk, say it! rachainu: Alright, alright! Here we go...

Disclaimer: I don't own InuYasha or any of the characters associated with the anime/manga. Though I do give my undying gratitude to Rumiko Takahashi for creating such a wonderful story with such wonderful characters...But I do own any original characters that I may bring into the story, Maid in Higurashi Manor, and the story itself.

Sam T.