InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Meant To Be ❯ Kagome Gets A Handful ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: I believe this as of right now the best chapter I have written so far. But I am only human and I could not have made this chapter prefect if not for my two beta readers, Kristin and Yoraeryu.

So with all that said this chapter goes out to Yoraeryu and Kristin.

*Dedicate the best to the best*

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 6

"Ahhhh!" Rip!

The world had turned upside down as Kagome fell into something firm. Resisting the urge to continue lying on the mystery object, she stirred slightly trying to see what had broken her fall.

She was greeted with the sight of a sliver sheet surrounding her.

"Are you done?"

Her eyes continued to dart wildly, searching for the still hidden speaker.

"What the hell is your problem woman? I said get off of me!"

Kagome used her hands to walk her way up to the sitting position. Firm. Firm. Still firm. Soft? "Shit! Watch your fucking hands! What the hell is wrong with you!"

Still unsure of what had just happened, she stared at the boy that was now towering over her. She took a few seconds to recall everything she remembered. Then she snapped.

"Hey! What is wrong with you.", she countered back. "You could have hurt both of us. You don't pull somebody out of a tree like that."

This only fueled his anger further. "Oh, so that gives you the right to get a handful?"

The maiden's jaw dropped. "That was an accident!" She continued more quietly, "Like there was anything to feel."

The hanyou's eyes widened. If he didn't have demon hearing he would have missed it.

"Who the hell are you any way?"

Brushing of the dress and ensuring the she didn't pop out during the fall. She began speaking more princess like as he unknowingly reminded her of her new role.

"I am princess Kagome."

Immediately the prince stiffened. `So this was the princess. Well he was supposed to be running her away. And after what just happened I shouldn't be far from my goal Damn. How am I going to explain why I have fangs and claws? Is she still talking…'

"..any how I'm sorry. So whom might you be?"

He cleared his throat. "I'm InuYasha." He had left the prince part off on purpose. `Maybe she doesn't know.'

All the blood drained from her face. Did she just insult and inappropriately touch the prince?

`Time to do so major sucking up.'

`Time to make her run for the hills.'

"Hmmm. So you're the bitch."

Any and all thoughts of Sango's plan disappeared from Kagome's mind. "Excuse me?"

"I said you're the bitch that-"

"It was a rhetorical question. I heard what you said dear prince. And I don't know what gave you the nerve to say such a thing, but in my experience the only reason people use such language is because they are not intelligent enough to think of something better to say-"

"Yeah. Yeah. Whatever. See ya later…. bitch." He turned and walked off. `That should do it.', he thought to himself smirking.

Kagome was steaming now. She had dealt with him the polite way, now she was going to do it the hard way. She began marching up behind him.

Suddenly the ground was no longer solid but it seemed to be sliding. For the second time that day the world turned upside down. She screamed as she landed parallel to the ground.

He did it! She was sure to leave now. Then it happened. His ears perked up at the sound of soft crying. `Damn. She's crying. Why did she have to fucking cry.'

He turned to see Kagome holding her ankle. InuYasha deeply exhaled as he silently cursed himself for being weak.

Why did she have to throw the stupid leaves at the stupid shoes? Those cursed shoes had tripped her for the last time. She was going to burn the baka shoes and enjoy every minute of it. But how was she going to get back to the castle with a hurt ankle?

"Let me see." The prince kneeled down beside her.

Kagome stared at him with tears still sliding down her face. He examined her ankle, being careful not to hurt it anymore than it already was.

"Try to move it."

Kagome winced as she began to rotate the fast swelling joint.

"At least it's not broken."

Without waiting for her permission, he scooped her up in his arms. Kagome went stiff at the swift motion. After registering what he was doing she relaxed.

`Was this the same man that had been so hateful to her just a few seconds ago?'

For added support she looped her arms around her neck and he started walking back to the palace. It was InuYasha that broke the silence.

"So what did you trip over anyway?"

~*~*~*~*~

"Oww. Oww. Owwwww."

"Wuss."

"You have been around InuYasha to long. You'd think hands so lovely would have a softer touch. Owww."

"That one was on the house."

"I'm in pain here."

Kikyo shook her head. "No, you are lucky survivor in the aftermath of your stupidity. And don't be such a baby. If you keep the herb on your check it'll be gone by tomorrow at the latest."

"Good." When he noticed she was still staring at him with a sour expression he spoke up. "What did I do now?"

"I can't believe you meet the princess with that dinky ponytail in your head."

Miroku was offended and shocked. "What's wrong with it?"

"It doesn't exactly scream royalty and refinement."

"But you said it was cute."

"Yeah, when you were ten. You needed to-"

The two set aside their conversation as a loud knock echoed through the room. Sango stepped out of the hallway and into the room. `Kami, why are you testing me?', Miroku thought as he was mindful to keep the hurt check out of view.

"Uhh…Do either of you know where princess Kagome is?" Both shook their heads indicating they did not.

Kikyo look alert at once. "Why? You can't find her?"

Immediately, Kikyo mentally slapped herself. `Would she be asking if she did know? Stupid.'

"Well after what happened she took off and I haven't seen her since."

Kikyo and Sango shot a distasteful look at Miroku. "I just figured with the prince being back and all she should…you know.." Sango hoped that she wasn't coming off as a dumb servant. But it was hard trying to reword sentences from commands to servant slang.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Sango cut Miroku another disgustful look. "And why is that my Lord?", Sango asked as sweetly as could be.

"Now is just not a good time for him. When he wants to see her, he'll call for her."

`Why the nerve of that arrogant so and so! I knew all princes were pigs! He doesn't even deem her important enough to meet her the moment he returned. Wait a minute! If she is me then that means he thinks I'm not important enough to make a fuss over.'

~*~*~*~*~

The walk back to the palace had been pleasant enough. They weren't arguing anymore. He had brought her back to the red room and sat her gently on the bed. The cozy sheets had been a god send. It had been the most relax Kagome had felt all day. But she quickly tensed back up again as she saw him approach the door.

`Was he leaving?'

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get someone to come and look at your ankle."

She knew this would sound strange, so she picked her worlds carefully. "But you can't leave me all alone like this." She tired her best not to sound to pitiful, but the idea of being left alone in a place that was still new to her was scary. And the fact that she was hurt didn't help matters any.

`Dammit. What does she want me to stay for. I carried her back, isn't that enough? And why does she have to sound so pathetic. Why did I have to be cursed with parents that had soft hearts?'

"I'll go get someone and come right back."

"Promise?"

Trying not to sound annoyed, "Fine."

Kagome wasn't sure why but the short conversation had relaxed her again. Or was it the bed?

~*~*~*~*~

Sango was in a lighter mood now as she laughed at Miroku. He had been telling her one of his many misadventures when he had been young and foolish.

"..Then he looked at my hand and said `That's not a rock.' Needless to say it was the last time I tried farming."

Sango was laughing uncontrollably now. She used his shoulder as a brace so she wouldn't fall of the couch. `That's it just a little more. Her guard is almost down. In a few more seconds I'll be able to-'

"Miroku!" InuYasha burst into room.

Miroku reframed from looking as pissed off as he felt. He'd had to talk to InuYasha about his timing. And while he was at it he was going to help him master a thing called knocking.

"The bitch is hurt. Where is Kikyo?"

"What did you do?"

"Just answer the fucking question."

"She went to the King's room. Something about the baby."

The hanyou turned to leave. "Wait. What happened? Who is hur-" Sango let the question die in her throat as he slammed the door behind him.

Miroku look from the door to the girl. `Nope there was no going back to cozy mood he had taken such great care in making. He was really going to have to talk with InuYasha.'

~*~*~*~*~

"Come on Kagome, you can do this." Kagome was at the edge of the bed cheering herself on.

Some time after the prince had left Kagome was left with nothing to do and it was in the bright lantern light the she saw the long rip in her dress. `Sango is going to kill me!'

The rip started at the bottom of the dress and snaked all the way up to her waist. Now she was on the edge of the bed trying to work up the nerve to get to the closet that was sitting between the bed and the sitting area.

`If I change really quick before he comes back, I'll be okay.'

~*~*~*~*~

InuYasha entered the room and halted at the sight of an empty bed. `Where the hell had she gotten to.'

His ears caught the sound of slight moaning. He walked further into the room to see Kagome lying on the floor with all of her thigh exposed. `What the fuck was she doing over here? This bitch was defiantly testing his patience.'

"Bitch how the hell did you get over here?" He was placing her back in the bed now. "Dammit. You're hurt. Stay in the goddamn bed where I fucking put you!"

The girl was to hurt to fuss back, seeing as she fell on the offending joint..again.

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: So did I make up for Chapter 5 with this one? Or is everybody still ticked?