InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Minoue ❯ Full of Surprises ( Chapter 46 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimers: I do not own InuYasha or any of the manga/anime characters. They belong to the wonderful genius Rumiko Takahashi. Any original characters do belong to me.
 
AN: Thank you very much to inufan625 for acting as my beta once again. An additional thank you goes to Knittingknots for her help as well. I greatly appreciate the time they've taken to help make me a better writer and this a better story.
 
Thank you very much for the reviews. I read each and every one of them, and greatly appreciate those of you that took the time to leave one.
 
 
 
Minoue
 
Chapter 46: Full of Surprises(Warning: Lemon)
 
“Tell me something, Sesshomaru,” Kagura started. When she could tell she had his attention, she continued, “Why is it we seem to always show up when someone is having sex? If I didn't know better, I'd start to think you were a voyeur.”
 
Sesshomaru actually chuckled. “Believe me; it isn't intentional - at least most of the time. Things certainly have changed from the way they were. I never would have expected such behavior in my brother's home. I'll admit the one time was somewhat on purpose since I needed to get some indication of just how deeply InuYasha and the miko were bonded, but the rest were strictly coincidental.”
 
Kagura's lips brushed against his ear. “I'll have to admit, I like the effect it has on you.” She reached down to stroke the growing tent in his expensive designer pants. When she heard no protest, she quickly unbuckled his belt before unbuttoning and unzipping his trousers. She divested herself of her clothing before she fell to her knees and pulled his thickening cock into her mouth. Kagura worked him with one hand and her mouth while she reached between her legs with her other hand to dip into herself and then rub her clitoris.
 
“I should be doing that,” Sesshomaru said huskily as he pulled her to her feet and then led her to the bedroom and their bed. Kagura lay back amongst the dozen or so pillows that decorated it and sighed as he dove between her thighs and went to work with his tongue.
 
The Inuyoukai had to admit it was never dull having sex with his mate. She didn't just control the wind, but the very air around them. It had been unnerving in the beginning when he found himself rising from the bed into the empty space above them. As Kagura thrashed before him in ecstasy as he brought her pleasure, she unknowingly lifted them from the mattress on a cushion of air. She didn't even realize she had done it until they hit the ceiling. Startled out of her trance, they plunged back down. Unfortunately, she'd also managed to move them laterally as well, and they missed the bed, crashing to the floor. Luckily they were both youkai because with the high ceiling in his bed chamber, it was a long way back down to the tatami mats.
 
The memory made him grin as he felt her shudder underneath him, and they started to drift downwards again. When they hit the mattress, he turned her over and impaled her with his hard thick cock as soon as she rose to her knees. He gripped her fiercely at the curve of her hips as he thrust into her, hammering hard as he sought his release. The thought briefly crossed his mind as to how a human female could stand up to this, for his strokes were powerful, and if he did not hold Kagura in place he would have shoved her through the headboard by now. How had his father mated with InuYasha's mother and not hurt her in the process? Uncertain as to why those unbidden thoughts entered his mind, he closed his eyes and attempted to concentrate on his mate in front of him.
 
Mate. She really was his mate and accepted him in every way, including some of the more quirky things in his nature. She understood him in ways that not even Jaken seemed to. Was she ready to start a family? Wait - where had that come from? Sesshomaru howled as he came and slammed into her, this time pushing her forward and flattening her into the tumble of pillows. He fell on top of her, panting and confused by his unsolicited and random reflections.
 
“Sesshomaru? Are you all right?” he heard her say.
 
“I…” he didn't know how to respond. Something was different - something had happened. He started to roll off of her and realized he couldn't. “Kagura… I… I'm not sure what just happened, but I seem to be stuck.”
 
“Just stay where you are and relax. It'll be all right,” she soothed. “Everything will be fine, as long as you don't panic.”
 
“Panic? Me, panic? Watch what you're saying, bitch,” the annoyed Daiyoukai commented. He squeezed his eyes tightly shut. She was going to get him for that.
 
“Bitch? Yes, I guess that's what I am right now since we're tied together like two dogs,” the wind witch commented somewhat sarcastically.
 
“What, are you saying…” Sesshomaru tried to pull back again.

“Stop! Don't move!” Kagura commanded. “You'll tear something if you do that. Just wait until you're back to normal. Can't you tell what has happened?”
 
Sesshomaru rested his forehead against her back. “Apparently you know what is going on.”
 
“Fortunately, I decided to study up on the mating habits of Inuyoukai after you took me as your mate. I'm glad one of us did. You really never did expect to have a mate - or children, did you?”
“Just tell me, please,” Sesshomaru commanded.
 
Kagura sighed. “Well, if you can't feel it, I certainly can. The base of your dick has swelled to lock you in place. Whether you intended to or not, you're trying to make me pregnant. I can't believe that your father did not explain this to you at some point. I wonder what our children will look like? What abilities will they have?”
 
She was briefly interrupted by a squawk as Jaken apparently came looking for his lord before he backed hurriedly out of the bedroom.
 
“'bout time he caught an eyeful,” Kagura said without missing a beat. “Now, where was I?”
 
Sesshomaru wrapped his arms up under her body as he accepted the inevitable. Now that she'd said it, he recognized what had happened. It had been many, many years before when his father had told him about it, and after the travesty of a mate his mother picked for him, he'd decided it'd never happen and had pushed those thoughts from his mind. He had to admit that the feeling was rather unique.
 
“You're not angry,” he finally stated, for he could tell that she wasn't. “You are not upset that we didn't discuss this first?”
 
She had pulled a couple of pillows up under her to make herself more comfortable. “No, I'm not upset. When I became your mate, it was just sort of assumed that I would bear your children some day. After all, the Daiyoukai needs heirs at some point. And unlike humans, I'm only fertile two or three times a year. You happened to catch me at the right time.”
 
“So…” Sesshomaru began.
 
“If everything goes like it should, you're going to be a father.”
 
A smile tugged at the corners of his lips, not that the wind sorceress could see it.
 
Then Kagura added, “I can't wait until we tell your mother.”
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
Bankotsu had gone for a run to clear his head. What was he thinking? Why did he care what Naraku was planning? Why did he care what happened to Kikyou? He kicked it up a notch and ran harder as he started up a steep incline, relishing the burn in his muscles. Pain was what he needed - pain would help clear his head. He didn't know when he had begun to care for the real estate agent, but there was no doubt that he did feel something for her. He couldn't recall that happening in, well, a very long time. He picked up chicks and had sex on a regular basis. He was good-looking, and it was relatively easy for him find a quick fuck. When he was on a job, it was usually just to use them for some part of the operation. Like he'd told Jak, once he fucked them, they seemed to think it meant he loved them or something, and they'd do almost anything for him. However, he never developed any emotional attachments.
 
Screwing a different girl three or four times a week when he wasn't working wasn't at all unusual for him. Maybe that's what it was - he'd been on this job for too long already. Most of the time the missions he took for his men lasted two or three months, tops. Most common were ones that lasted only a few days. They never stayed in one place for very long and therefore didn't have time to develop any attachments. If the opportunity presented itself, they'd fuck whoever was handy and move on. They rarely saw the same girl twice, and if they did, it was a working girl that was paid for her services (or in Jak's case, a guy), or one they thought could be of some use. He was a true believer in “love `em and leave `em.”
 
When Naraku approached Bank about hiring his group, at first it seemed like a good thing. For the most part they could still do as they pleased as long as they were around for the new boss when he called. He said he needed them for reconnaissance mostly and maybe to intimidate some people from time to time. He also wanted some help finding some mythical mystical object that he had been trying to locate for years. In addition, he would give them room and board for as long as he required their services. So not only was he paying to keep the Seven at his beck and call, they really didn't have any of the expenses that they normally would. No rent, no utility bills, no food bills unless they went out - the man even bought whatever weapons and ammunition they might need. It seemed like a cushy set-up - one that was too good to be true.
 
The mercenary found himself racing down the other side of the hill and realized he'd better slow his descent before he crashed at the bottom where the street leveled out again. He still hadn't called Kikyou like he'd been ordered to. He decided that he would return home, take a shower and get cleaned up, and then give her a call. Maybe he'd do something different and take her to a nice hotel for dinner and to spend the night. He needed to sort out his feelings before he determined what steps to take next. If he spent some quality time with her that wasn't strictly work related, maybe he could figure out whether what he was feeling was simply lust or something more. He had to admit that the sex with her was good, but then he found himself wanting to protect her as well, and that was something he was unaccustomed to. She wasn't just beautiful, but was intelligent and head strong. She was much like him in that when she found something she wanted, she went after it. But when something didn't work, she knew when to toss in the towel. She had become increasingly more wary of his employer, which showed she also had some sense of self-preservation, whether she realized it or not.
 
By the time he'd reached the house, Bankotsu had made up his mind. He'd see if Kikyou was available to meet him for dinner and the night out as soon as possible, and then he'd go to the Higurashi Shrine to check things out as he'd been ordered to. And when this plan for whatever Naraku was plotting the day of the wedding at the shrine was over, he was pulling himself and his men out - and he was going to suggest to Kikyou that she do the same.
~ ^~^ ~
 
Miroku sighed heavily as he flopped into his chair in the office at the dojo. InuYasha had noticed his dejected countenance as soon as he entered and turned towards him. “What's wrong, Miroku?”
 
“Would you get upset with me if I wanted to borrow Kagome for a couple of hours?” he asked in response.
 
“Not as long as she doesn't come back telling me you've groped her. What's this about?” the hanyou questioned.
 
Miroku slumped further into the chair. “I've been looking at engagement rings, but I don't have a clue what Sango might like. I thought Kagome could help.”
 
“So when are you going to ask her?” InuYasha prodded.
 
“I don't know - I just want to be ready when the opportunity arises.” He stopped when he heard the hanyou snort. “What?”
 
InuYasha shook his head and smirked. “I was just thinking about the last time the opportunity arose.”
 
“You're never going to let me live that down, are you? You know I could—”
 
The hanyou cut him off, “I was just giving you a hard time. It was difficult enough for me. I might never have made the move if it hadn't been for my asshole brother. So, when were you planning to go?”
 
About that time the bright and cheerful Kagome bounced in and leaned over to kiss InuYasha on the cheek. “What's up you two? Am I interrupting something?”
 
“Actually, if we went now, we could be back before it's time for the class to start,” Miroku suggested.
 
Kagome cocked her head. “What did I miss?”
 
InuYasha responded, “I'm only agreeing to this because you're both here early this afternoon. Are you finished with your finals, Kagome?”
 
“I have one more tomorrow, but other than that I'm done,” she replied and asked again, “What did I miss? What are you agreeing to?”
 
“You're coming shopping with me. We need to get going if we're going to be back in time,” Miroku told her.
 
“You're okay with this?” Kagome asked her fiancé, puzzled.
 
The hanyou nodded. “Just let me know if he doesn't keep his hands to himself. Monk, I expect you to behave and to be back on time.”
 
“Thanks, my friend, and don't worry. We'll be back. I have an idea; I just need a second opinion.”
 
“Miroku, are you planning on telling me where we're going and what we're doing that InuYasha was so willing to send me with you?” Kagome pressed as she followed him from the dojo.
 
He opened the car door for her and once she was safely inside, he closed it and went around to the driver's side. He put the key in the ignition and said, “You're going to help me pick out an engagement ring for Sango. I spent all morning looking, and there are just too many to choose from. You know her as well as anyone, so I need your help. Okay?”
 
A broad smile crossed Kagome's face. “Okay.”
 
~ ^~^ ~
 
It was Saturday afternoon and all of the students had cleared out of the dojo for the day. Miroku, Sango and Kagome were with the hanyou in his office.
 
“You know, I'd really like to go out and celebrate finals being over, but with reporters everywhere…” Kagome sighed. “The timing sucks.”
 
Miroku and Sango both nodded in agreement.
 
“Actually, I have an idea if you don't mind getting dressed up a little,” InuYasha offered.
 
“Really? You know somewhere we could go where the paparazzi couldn't chase us? I'm so tired of looking over my shoulder,” Sango commented.
 
“And I'd love to be able to get away from them, too. They try to catch me every time I leave the shrine,” Kagome added. “But where could we go that they couldn't?”
 
The hanyou responded, “The National Art Center actually has a nice restaurant in addition to the Bistro. It's only open on Friday and Saturday nights and for special occasions. Sesshomaru reserved a table for us if you'd like to go. He even said he'd pick up the tab.”
 
“So what are we waiting for?” Miroku asked. “What time are we supposed to be there?”
 
“Eight o'clock. That should give us enough time to clean up and get dressed before we go. Miroku, a coat and tie is required. Kagome, Sango, if you wear something like you did the first time we all went out together, that would be appropriate.”
 
“I'll drive. I'll pick up InuYasha first, and then swing by for Kagome and Sango,” Miroku stated.
 
Kagome nodded. “Let's get going, then. Sango, I'll take you home to change. What about Kirara?”
 
About that time the twin tailed cat came running in and looked expectantly at Sango.
 
“We'll see you in a couple of hours, then,” Kagome said as she gathered her things. “Let's go, Sango.”
 
Sango looked from one face to the next. She'd swear the three of them - four if you counted Kirara - were plotting something, but for the life of her had no idea what. Remaining silent, she nodded and followed Kagome and Kirara out of the office and the front door.
 
Miroku sighed in relief. “I don't think she suspects anything. Let's get going because I need to take a shower before I dress.”
 
“All right, Monk. You go on, and I'll be behind you as soon as I lock up.”
 
 
Kagome didn't think she would ever tire of the National Art Center with its beauty and tranquility. For not being human, Sesshomaru certainly knew how to arrange things so that they would evoke emotion from visitors to the gallery. She looked up at the man walking alongside her and smiled. InuYasha seemed a lot less tense than the last time they were at the gallery in spite of the suit he was wearing.
 
Apparently that was one of the things from his former life, before he was outed as hanyou. Wearing a coat and tie was at one time an almost daily occurrence for him. She had to admit he looked very handsome in the black suit with the deep red shirt and tie with a pattern of a dragon and a phoenix that filled it. It certainly contrasted with what she was wearing. She was glad she had purchased the cerulean silk dress. It had capped sleeves and a pleated bodice that criss-crossed in front, forming a v-neckline that flowed into the knee length skirt that had a translucent layer over the solid color fabric of the same shade underneath. The shimmering silk brought out the color of her blue-gray eyes. It was nice to know that she had a dress appropriate to wear for a special night out such as this.
 
Sango glanced around as they were led by the maitre d' to their table. She was thankful she had taken the opportunity to go shopping on one of her free Sunday afternoons. She was wearing a just above the knee length sleeveless dress made from a deep rich brown crepe that was gathered down the right side and draped across the front. The dress clung to her just enough to show off her feminine curves and to make Miroku's mouth water. Her shoes were open-toed pumps in the same color as the dress. Having learned her lesson from the last time she was here, they only had about a two inch heel in addition to a padded insole. She wasn't about to be left behind because of poorly chosen shoes again.
 
Miroku was trying not to break out into a sweat. He tugged at the collar of his shirt at his tie, though he wasn't really uncomfortable because of it. He wore a coat and tie to the college every day. Tonight he was wearing his best Armani suit, a black three button classic affair with his trademark deep purple shirt and tie of the same color. Once again he reached into his pocket with his other hand to make certain the small box was really there. He dropped both hands to his sides and started to run one of his meditation chants through is mind to ease it and calm himself down.
 
 
The dishes had been cleared away with the remainder of their entrees and vegetables, and they were waiting on dessert when Miroku finally decided to make his move. Sango had excused herself to go to the ladies' room, and when she returned he stood to pull her chair out for her. He slid it up under her, but instead of returning to his own seat he dropped to one knee at her left side. Nervously he tried to speak, but his mouth had gone dry, and the words wouldn't come out. Quickly, he grabbed his glass and gulped down the remainder of the water before he tried again. “Sango, I know this may seem so soon, but I feel as though I've known you all my life. I have fallen in love with you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” He stopped and opened the box and presented her with the ring he'd agonized over selecting. “Sango, what I'm trying to say… ask… is will you marry me?”
 
Sango looked at the ring in its black velvet bed in the tiny box and her eyes filled with tears. It wasn't a typical engagement ring. Instead, it was an oval piece of red coral that had two channels of diamonds wrapped around it and holding it in place over the ring, all of it in18 Karat gold. Stunned, she didn't know what to say, and the only words that came out of her mouth were, “I don't know.”
 
To be continued…
 
****************************
InuYasha Fanfiction Guild News
 
The results of the voting from the InuYasha Fanfiction Guild are in. Thank you to everyone who nominated, seconded, or voted for one of my fics. Minoue placed second in the Best Miroku/Sango category and in the Best Characterization category. View to a Chill was third in the Best Comedy category, and Red is the Color… was third in the Best Canon category.
 
The Best of 2008 ballots have been posted, so if you are a member please be sure to go and vote before they end March 15th. Minoue is on for Best Serial and for Best Miroku/Sango Romance, and White Ribbon for Best Comedy.
 
 
Feudal Association News
 
One awards group term ends and another begins. The Feudal Association is currently accepting nominations through Sunday, March 15th. This group is different from others in that you can nominate both InuYasha fanfiction and fanart. It's also different because if you place, your banner is a piece of original fanart donated for that category. The group is a lot of fun and pretty laid back. The two mods are knittingknots and inuyashaloverr. You can find information at http://feudal-pulpfiction.net/fa/index.html on current nominations, rules, categories, the ineligible list, etc. To join, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FeudalAssociation/.