InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Misery Business ❯ Misery Business ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
in the business of misery, let's take it from the topShe's got a body like an hourglass it's ticking like a clockIt's a matter of time before we all run out...
When I thought he was mine, she caught him by the mouth

As beautiful as the day was, no amount of sunshine could bring Kagome out of her foul mood. Once again, he had meandered off into the woods with her. She contemplated the fairness of her malice but found that each time she tried to rationalize, her hatred would flare.
Sango had invited her to the nearby spring in hopes it would ease her mind but a bath was decidedly a leisure for good moods and sore muscles. Broken hearts was an entirely different subject. The others had been on their very best behavior but it seemed to go unnoticed.
Her scathing glances towards the woods were starting to make them worry for Inuyasha’s life. He was gone longer than usual today but this didn’t seem to change much in the way of moods. Kagome’s anger was not measured by chronologic intervals. The mention of her name was enough to elicit this reaction so the amount of time he spent with her was no longer a matter.
When he finally did return, Kagome put up her now well-developed mask of indifference. It was a look Shippou now referred to as her “Sesshomaru face”. Inuyasha sat down near the fire with the same far off look he had been keeping up for weeks. He ate at his Ramen slowly, not at al like the usual ravenous attack on the poor noodles that normally kept his friends from joining him for meals. It was a frighteningly terse atmosphere.
Kagome took out her little tape player and zoned out into her music before what little patience she had left snapped. A remake of a western pop song began to play, belaying her feelings at the moment. Because the song hit a bit too closely to home for her taste, she turned to another song by the same artists. It seemed that none of what she was hearing was making her mood any better. Finally, she switched to a blaringly violent song by Dir En Grey. She didn’t listen to rock often but the song somehow fit.
While Kyou screamed over her headphones about death and destruction, Shippou chose that time to help Inuyasha out of the dog house. He bounded over to his mentor and sat near the Hanyou’s knee.
“What’s up, runt?” Inuyasha asked, little emotion in his voice.
“Kagome’s blood pressure.” the kit muttered, watching the girl grit her teeth as she sharpened her arrows.
Inuyasha rose an eyebrow but finally caught the hint and glanced towards the angry Miko. He smirked and patted Shippou on the head.
“Don’t worry. She’s just in a bitchy mood. She’ll get over it, kid.”
“I don’t think so, Inuyasha.” Sango interjected. “You’ve been spending a lot of time with Kikyo lately. Her following us is doing very little for Kagome’s already tried temperament.”
Inuyasha only rolled his eyes. He recalled Miroku having a similar discussion with him a few days prior but he thought little of it. Miroku was always trying to give him “dating advice” when he didn’t want it but now it seemed that everyone was bothering him. So Kagome was having a bad day. So what? What did he care? He huffed and wandered off. Watching them with a look that screamed “I dare you.”
“Oh well. It was worth a try.” Shippou chirped.
“Yes, I suppose you’re right. I just hope that Kagome can get through this stubborn little waiting game of his with out killing us in the process.” Sango sighed, glancing at the annoyed girl who was stabbing her arrows into the dirt.

I waited eight long monthsShe finally set him freeI told him I can't lie, he was the only one for me

Things had remained tense for months, Kikyo appearing more and more often to help them on their way. Things had been slow in the way of jewel shard hunting, Naraku having accumulated roughly the same amount of rouge shards and the few who held them choosing to avoid the intrepid young hunters. There was less and less to do and without something to preoccupy herself, Kagome’s rage was giving way to her restlessness. Between herself and a tired Shippou, it was becoming difficult to tell who was the cranky child.
“I don’t understand! Why is it such an inconvenience to just carry me back to the well? The further we go, the longer it will take to get there and I have homework to do!” She fumed, stomping alongside Inuyasha who was coming closer to pulling his hair out.
“Look wench, shut up! I told you before, I’ll take you back to the well when we get to that place that you keep calling Kyoto. At least there we might get a lead.” He explained, keeping his clipped tone as even as possible thanks to Sango’s not so gentle reminders to do so.
“Do you know how far that is from the well?! I live in a suburb near Tokyo! It will take another three days to get to Kyoto as it is and getting back to Kaede’s village from there will take nearly a week!”
Sango could see the screaming match beginning already and stepped in quickly to avoid it.
“Look, there’s a very small village not far from here. They may let us stay for a while or at least until you get back from taking Kagome home. She can get her work done there and while she’s gone, we can take a little break. We haven’t stopped traveling for days and I could really use a break.” She pressed, hoping to appease everyone.
“Yes and I believe that village was converted to a monastery in recent years. They should give us shelter for some time. Maybe long enough for Kagome to finish here business there and come back.” Miroku offered.
“Feh. Fine, we’ll stop if you guys are gonna be sissy’s.” Reluctantly, he caved, sticking his hands in his sleeves and going on.
“But can we stop for some chow first? We won’t reach the village until night fall and I’m starving!” Shippou whined, clutching his stomach.
“Fine! Geez, you guys are driving me crazy!”
They set up camp off the main path and Inuyasha left to get some fish to go with their quickly disappearing supply of modern snacks. To calm herself while he was gone, Kagome let herself get distracted by writing out a list of things to restock on when she got home.
Inuyasha returned shortly with a string of fresh water fish and three rabbits. He laid them out for the girls to clean then retreated to the edge of camp, listening for the familiar siren call of the soul stealers. Miroku could only watch him sadly, knowing that when he returned, he would have to repeat his talk. This was doing nothing for Kagome’s nerves.
He left and returned soon, having picked some Daikon and Ginger for lunch and hopefully for a cover story for his disappearance. Despite his proud and thick-headed ways, even Inuyasha knew better to be seen visiting too much with Kikyo without something to show for it. He added the roots to the pile of not quite prepared food and took a seat where he could be easily accessible for when the food was ready.
Miroku joined him, gesturing discreetly to a more secluded area. Inuyasha didn’t seem to be catching the hint so the monk chose the more direct route: whacking him over the head with his staff and dragging him, profane rants and all, into a detached alcove.
“What the hell are you doing, you stupid monk?!” He yelled, rubbing the red lump on his scalp.
“Trying to knock some sense into you! Kagome does not want to go home because of her studies. She simply wishes to be somewhere where she feels needed. In case you have not noticed, since she’s been with us, you only turn to Kikyo for advice. .”
“Feh, she should know she’s needed by now. With out her, we wouldn’t be able to find the shards or keep them safe in her time.”
“Yes but Kikyo seems to be tackling that task as well. With such an infamous priestess such as herself, Kagome no longer feels needed for anything.”
“Kikyo can’t find the shards like Kagome can. She’s way better at it than anyone.”
“Then tell her that yourself!” He urged, inwardly smirking at the somewhat proud way he spoke of her abilities.
“Alright, alright. I get it. I’ll talk to her, okay?”
Inuyasha stalked back to camp. If they weren’t going to leave him alone, he may as well say something to the wench. He had been needing to talk to her about Kikyo anyway. He trudged over to where Kagome sat cleaning fish and rabbit for dinner with a somewhat frightening vigor.
“Oi, wench. C’mere, I need to talk to you.” He ordered, walking off into the forest.
Kagome followed, bringing along the knife she was using.
“So what the hell is your problem? You’ve been in this crappy mood for a while now.”
“What’s my problem?” She chuckled a bit darkly, making Inuyasha want to back peddle out of the situation. “My problem is you spending the time we could be using for hunting with her! All we ever do is walk, stop for a few minutes or however long it takes for you two to run off together and then walk some more.
“Look, Inuyasha. I know you love Kikyo but do you mind giving the rest of us a break?! You’re wasting our time fooling around with her so maybe you should get your head out of your ass long enough to think about someone else for a change!” And with that, she turned and stomped back towards camp. He folded his ears down on his head. Kagome never used such harsh words and it was a bit alarming to see just how little attention he had paid to her anger.
“Hey, hold it!” He caught up to her quickly, grabbing her arm and spinning her to face him. “Listen here, wench! The only reason I’ve been hanging around her so much is because I didn’t want to make my decision any harder on her. If you’d open those pretty brown eyes of yours, you’d see that for every minute I spend with her, I spend three with you!”
“You have an odd way of showing affection, buddy! If that’s your way of blowing her off, I’d hate to be there if you were trying to get on her good side. I’ve been trailing you like a puppy and all I ever see you do is sniff around after her! ” She growled, tugging at his hand that was now digging painfully into her wrist. Kagome suddenly stopped fighting. It just now caught up to her what she had said and she instantly regretted it. The grin now spreading across his face didn’t help to make her feel better either.
“So you admit it! You like me! Do you know how annoying it is trying to figure out what goes on in that head of yours?! I knew you had a thing for me.” His smirk was just the icing on the cake. She grabbed a handful of his hair and yanked as hard as she could, bringing him to his knees in front of her.
“Look, the only reason it bothers me when you’re with her is because I keep getting mixed signals from you! You’re not the only one having issues with mind reading.” She let go and heaved a heavy sigh. Inuyasha followed her wandering gaze to the lights that drifted over head.
“You better go. Don’t want to keep her waiting.” She muttered, heading once more for camp.
He grabbed her and leaped to a nearby tree branch. From their perch, they watched the soul collectors circle then return from whence they came, making him sigh in relief. Before the need really rose, he covered Kagome’s mouth, hopping to keep themselves hidden for a bit longer. Shippou passed beneath them, calling out to Kagome for permission to have a snack before dinner. When he wandered off in defeat, Inuyasha released her
“You know, she already knows what my choice is. She wasn’t too happy but she knows. Today was just goodbye.” He muttered into her shirt.
“You could have told me that before…” she teased, using humor to counter the shudder from his very warm breath heating her shoulder.
“Why spoil the fun? I like when you scream. You turn all red and stuff.”
She ignored the barb, save for a jab of her elbow to his rib. They chuckled, enjoying the much more relaxed setting now. This was quite possibly the first time they had actually sat and laughed together, not at one another. Kagome hoped it wouldn’t end.
Two weeks and we had caught on fireShe's got it out for me, but I wear the biggest smile
Kikyo glared daggers at the tree they shared. She had seen the exchange and was in no way pleased. Inuyasha had approached her earlier with a heavy heart made heavier by her angry silence. She now regretted her reaction. She hoped that he would return, taking back the things he had said. She would take him to hell with her and it would be over.
Never again would she have to compete with the silly little girl with whom she grudgingly shared a soul. But he never returned. He confronted the twit and ate, acting as if he felt a million times lighter. He looked at her in a way that only she had been subject to until then. It was heart breaking, to say the least. Her sadness was over shadowed by anger. Inuyasha was hers by right. He was hers first and always would be hers. Simple conclusion: kill Kagome Higurashi.Whoa... I never meant to bragBut I got him where I want him nowWhoa... it was never my intention to bragTo steal it all away from you nowBut God does it feel so good'Cause I got him where I want him nowAnd if you could then you know you would'Cause God it just feels so...It just feels so good

‘Is it bad that this feels so good?’ Kagome wondered idly, watching him comfortably resting against the base of a tree. He looked peaceful and serene. So much better when he wasn’t talking crap. She knew it was wrong to be feeling so snide over “winning” but it just felt so good!
Hopefully, this meant no more late night liaisons with Kikyo or sneaking around using stupid excuses to hide what he was doing. It also meant that she would not need to run for home. She was always so humiliated when she did. It made her feel weak but at least being at home was better than showing her weakness to Inuyasha’s face.
Kagome shook the distressing thought out of her head and focused on getting some sleep. She hadn’t gotten much rest lately what with her internal feud with Kikyo for Inuyasha’s attention and even though it had been a little over a week since then, she was still catching up on her sleep. Now that he was settled and prepared to stay the entire night, she could relax. She always felt safe as long as he was near.Second chances they don't ever matter, people never changeOnce a whore, you're nothing more, I'm sorry that'll never changeAnd about forgiveness, we're both supposed to, have exchangedI'm sorry honey, but I'm passing up, now look this way!

Kagome sat up with a start. The night was nearly over and by the look of things, it must have been around 3 am when she woke. She rubbed her eyes and quickly scanned the camp to see what might be making her restless. Shippou was curled beside Sango, kicking his feet as if he were having an odd dream. She smiled and shook her head.
Everyone seemed to be fine until she reached where Inuyasha was resting. He was no longer there and that thought made her a bit anxious. Where could he be? She rose from her sleeping bag, grabbed her arrows as a precaution, and headed out towards the forest.
Meanwhile, out much deeper into the woods, Inuyasha was once more drawn to the lulling blue lights of the soul stealers. He had long made his peace with Kikyo and released her from his heart but to some extent, she would always be his first love. She stood beneath a tree, bathed in the soft blue glow of her own minions. Her pale flesh looked frail and paper-like, as if it would break at his touch. She was beautiful.
He felt himself being drawn to her, imagining the sweet scent of her skin, something never to be described or fully cherished but by him. It was a smell he had burned into his senses, a sweet sort of smell, so naturally pure like a baby or even clovers. No, sweeter. Like vanilla or cherries. That was it.
As he drew closer, only the palpable scent of earth and clay and death could be found. It assaulted his senses, waking him from his possessed stride towards her. He stopped briefly to clear his head and get a firmer grip on the situation.
Kikyo could see his sudden hesitation so she closed the gap between them. She laid her hands upon his chest and gazed at him, letting her emotions show in her usually lifeless, doll-like eyes and bearing her soul to him. Unbeknownst to them and hoping desperately to keep it that way, Kagome kneeled behind some shrubbery downwind of them. Seeing them so close was breaking her heart.
“Inuyasha, please. I understand your hesitation to meet me but let me speak my peace. I just wish for another chance. Please, I will give anything. Just don’t abandon me now.”Well there's a million other girls who do it just like youLooking as innocent as possible to get to whoThey want and what they like, it's easy if you do it right
Well I refuse, I refuse, I refuse!
He looked down at her, her eyes shining like diamonds and a maelstrom of emotions he could not place. His face was soft and understanding, completely void of all the harshness he put in place when with anyone else. He only let his arms rest around her, a luxury he had seldom indulged in in life. The ties of propriety were the least of his worries. He would indulge if only for this moment.
The little spirits circled overhead, lending their light as well as setting off an internal alarm that drew Kikyo’s attention to the location of the rest of her soul. She knew just where Kagome hid, feeling the pull of their soul to be complete.
Giving Inuyasha a soft, demure glance, she looked away as if distraught. He lifted her chin to meet his gaze once more, worry evident in his features.
“What’s wrong? Tell me.” He murmured.
“I can not rest. I fear I will never be at peace without you. Inuyasha…you were my first and only true love. I can not and will not be put to rest without you! I was betrayed cruelly but now I know, you were not my betrayer. You have done me no harm until now. I must know the extent of your love for me! Come to hell with me as promised. The jewel will be complete, you will be human, my soul will be free and my reincarnation will be at peace with herself. Do you not wish this for her? For me?” She whispered her speech with the conviction of a true acting artiste.
Kagome shook her head in disbelief. Though she could not see his face, the small smile on Kikyo’s face was enough to tell her he was considering it. What loyalty did he truly have to her anyway? Kikyo is who he loves and to top it off, he probably wanted to do the “right thing” by Kagome and let her have the rest of her soul. The witch was good.
“So what will it be, Inuyasha? Will you come with me and free my incarnation as well as myself from this cruel binding?” She leaned closer, laying her head on his shoulder.
He thought for a moment of all the things he could do. What would be best? If he went, Kagome would be free to return home and live a normal life. The life she deserved with a completed soul and no more worries about the past. If he stayed, he could use the jewel to wish for his full demon hood and be free from the nagging of his mortal conscious mind. That was his greatest dream, one he had trouble giving up. But one look into those dark, lipid pools of black made him take back his desires. With someone so precious to him needing him so badly, how could he selfishly leave her for his own ends?
He pulled her to him tight, resting his chin on the top of her head. Her eyes closed in joy, knowing he would choose her over her silly little teenaged doppelganger. The only dilemma, one she actually enjoyed, was that when she went to hell, she was not prepared to release her soul to the girl. Her empty clay existence made her vengeful. She would first kill her reincarnation, collect the rest of her soul and continue on to hell, leaving it to another child yet unborn. This, she would do out of spite. On the other hand, if she could get Inuyasha to agree, she would quietly rid herself of the girl and absorb the remains of her soul, making her ultimately human once more. So many possibilities.
Inuyasha continued to hold her, not wanting to let go and give her an answer just yet. Never before had Kikyo allowed him to touch her so intimately and that alone was swaying his decision. The wind shifted and he caught a whiff of that beautiful, almost angelic scent again. He knew that to become mortal and die for this woman would be far more noble than to abandon her as well as capturing that scent in his mind forever. Nothing would make him leave his precious Kagome to-
Wait… Kagome? He sniffed her hair and was once more met with the same colorless scent of clay and death. Why had his mind, when filtering over cherished memories, seem to always land on her again? And why, when he had sniffed enough to remind him, did Kikyo’s scent not register? He kept catching that sweet smell that he so adored but from where? Then it dawned on him. Kikyo had never smelt so sweet and so wholly female! She smelled of herbs and sandalwood. Spicy, maybe, and very earthy. But never sweet like this. He had very much enjoyed her scent as he could recall but it was no match for the oddly mouth-watering affect this other had on him. It was the scent he was most connected with.
Something Kaede had mentioned came to mind while he thought on this. She had spoken of a scent that physically goes undetected to the human nose. Something that draws them to one another. Kagome had explained that it was some sort of chemical called ‘Pheromones’ that they put in perfumes to attract mates. It all seemed silly that people would use such methods to attain a mate but when Kaede had further explained, it made more sense. She said that these things, these Pheromones, were like a smell that attracted people to each other. It was what made them desirable to each other.
“But how can that be when humans have such weak noses? Surely they can’t smell something like that.” He recalls asking.
“’Tis simple, young Hanyou. It is not a true scent. It is something that calls to them. It is like scent marking for Youkai that helps them to attract their mates. Ye each have a scent that is most desirable to ye. Ye seek it out and the owner is who ye is most well suited for.” She explained.
“It’s sort of like that scented oil Sango and I tried on from that peddler. Even though we tried the same oil, it smelled different on us. The chemicals in our bodies changed the smell. Even humans can smell that.” Kagome further explained as Kaede sat back, nodding sagely.
Maybe that was his scent. That sweet, almost sensual smell. Was Kikyo the one exuding this scent? No, it wasn’t her. So then, who was it?
He lifted his head and smelled the air once more. It took a moment but he caught the scent. He finally managed to pinpoint it’s source and found, with some anxiety, that it was coming from the edge of the clearing. If it was not Kikyo, it could only be one person. The person he had been steadily falling in love with for quite some time now but refused as vehemently as possible. Kagome…
“Inuyasha, what is wrong? Have you made your choice?” Kikyo broke through his thoughts, adding a wave a guilt to the many emotions swirling within him.
“I thought I heard something, that’s all.” He lied.
“What have you decided? Are you willing to be true to your word and come with me, or abandon me?” She stepped back, her demeanor returning to that of the cold and quiet woman she had become.
“Kikyo, you were my first love. The only woman to ever show me kindness, friendship and love. Or, at least, what I hoped was love. You softened my heart and made me realize that even humans can be worth while. Even after Naraku’s betrayal, I could not forget what you had taught me. But now, I…” He paused, shaking his head and leaning back against a tree.
“What is it, Inuyasha?” She pressed, nearly forgetting their audience.
“Kikyo, do you love me? Can you honestly look at me and tell me you love me? I realize that was the one thing you never said to me. Until a moment ago, the word had never crossed your lips. I suppose I am guilty of that as well. But while you say I was your love, can you say that I still am? Because truthfully, I am not so sure I can.” He bowed his head at the last, again feeling guilty in his revelation.
“You mean to say you no longer care for me, Inuyasha?” She asked though it sounded more like a statement than a question.
“No, that’s not…*sigh* I’ve just learned what true caring is like and I’m not so sure I can give that up. Not yet. You showed me companionship and tolerance but not love. Love is not just being in another’s company for a time, it is thinking of them even when they are no longer with you. It is considering their wants and needs with no need for repercussion. It is longing to be near them moments after they are gone. These are the things you have never shown me nor have I you.” He said, his voice stronger and more sure. He grasped her hands despite her slight resistance. “I am sorry but while I will never forget you, I cannot carry out my promise. I will slay Naraku in your name and avenge your death but I cannot go to hell for you. We were bound by a promise and what was, that is all. Kikyo, this was not meant to be. ”
Kikyo snatched her hands back as if burned though her face stayed blank as always. In the bushes, Kagome couldn’t help the joyful tears filling her eyes. The romantic in her letting her heart ache some for her rival but the relief at knowing she would not have to see Inuyasha die bringing the tears down her cheeks.
Inuyasha caught the new scent of fresh tears and hoped with everything that Kagome was alright. It was just too soon to tear himself away.
“Tell me, Inuyasha. How have you come to know such love?” This, more than anything, was a taunt. He knew it.
“Please, don’t…”
“I want to know. Have you found this love in another? You owe me this much.”
“Yes, Alright?! I have! I have seen this love for myself and I would much rather die than see that destroyed. I see it when the monk opens his wind tunnel despite the danger to save us, I see it when Kagome nurses our wounds after battle and I see it when Sango puts herself on the front line any given time, human or not. This is the love I see and feel every day and no matter how much I once loved you, I can never give that up.” he snapped back, baring his fangs and showing a reserve stronger than any Kikyo had ever seen him put against her.
Kagome bit back a whimper, never having heard Inuyasha speak such beautiful words before. It only made her love for him grow. She never knew how much he really cared for their group of misfit friends.
“If this is what you wish, Inuyasha. I release you from your debt to me but know this. As long as I retain what little of my soul I now have, the jewel belongs to me. You may remain here with your beloved friends but once all is said and done, the completed jewel will be given to me, understood? This is in part your penance for this change of heart.” Inuyasha only bowed his head. He felt this was what he deserved for going against his word.
“Over my dead body!” Kagome yelled, standing from her hiding place.
“Be careful of what you speak, child. That can be more easily arranged than you think.” Kikyo spat back, shooting a piercing glare at the girl.
Inuyasha quickly came to Kagome’s defense, disliking the remark. He took a place between the two women, arms crossed and deathly serious expression in place.
“I would suggest you consider your words as well, Kikyo.” He growled, baring his fangs at her for the second time.
“My demand stands. Continue your quest, we shall go our separate ways, but when the time comes, the Shikon Jewel is mine.” She turned, beckoning her soul stealers to follow.Whoa... I never meant to bragBut I got him where I want him nowWhoa... it was never my intention to bragTo steal it all away from you nowBut God does it feel so good'Cause I got him where I want him right nowAnd if you could then you know you would'Cause God it just feels so...It just feels so good ...

“You can try, Kikyo. But as long as I’m here, you’ll have a fight on your hands.” Kagome rebuffed, stopping the priestess only momentarily.
“As you wish. But remember, you are only a copy of me. A poorly made double. In everything you do, I will always be superior. So be prepared, young one. Your lover will not always be around to protect you.” With that, she disappeared into the forest, leaving the two in relative darkness.
I watched his wildest dreams come trueNot one of them involving youJust watch my wildest dreams come trueNot one of them involving ...
Despite herself, Kagome blushed a bit at the parting shot. She forced the embarrassment away and replaced it with disdain, glaring after her. Inuyasha placed a hand on her arm, turning her and leading her back towards camp.
“Thank you.” He muttered, almost too quietly for her to hear.
“You’re welcome, Inuyasha.” She placed her arm through his comfortably, the feeling of peace and love returning with the memory of his kind words earlier.
There was a lot she wanted to say right then. She wanted to say something sweet and reassuring as she was known to. She wanted to tell him that they loved him so much more than he could imagine and just how wonderful it felt to hear him say those words. But none of that came. They walked until they reached just outside of the circle of light from the camp fire that smoldered at a slow burn, needing to be stoked soon. He stopped there and stared into the fire in thought.
Kagome prepared to step around him but he caught her arm again, gently. This time, he faced her, the seriousness in his eyes making her a bit uneasy under the scrutiny. He squinted, looking for something in her face that he obviously didn’t find because he just shook his head slowly.
“No, I don’t see it.” He muttered, releasing her arm.
“See what, Inuyasha?”
“She said you were just a copy but I can’t see it. There is nothing ‘poorly made’ about you and you are nothing like her.” He said simply before launching himself up into a high branch to take watch.
Whoa, I never meant to bragCause I got him where I want him now ...
Kagome smiled up at the tree, her heart melting again at his uncharacteristic tenderness. In the back of her mind, she mused that he was normally this demure when he returned from Kikyo but she pushed it away. For once, she knew that this kindness was all because of them. Herself and their friends who so loved him.
She went to her sleeping bag and laid down, rolling to be able to see part of the branch he hid in. A smile played on her lips as she watched what she could of his hand protectively clenching and unclenching around Tetseiga. This was his love. This was the wonderful way he showed his love for them. So strong even the words would pale in comparison. That was also how she knew that they had won.
“We love you too, Inuyasha.” She whispered, closing her eyes and letting herself be lulled to sleep by the familiar forest sounds. Up in his perch, the Hanyou smiled. Who knew such simple words could make him feel so good?Whoa... it was never my intention to bragTo steal it all away from you nowBut God does it feel so good'Cause I got him where I want him nowAnd if you could then you know you would'Cause God it just feels so...It just feels so good ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After listening to Paramore for a week straight, I had to get this out. I found I really enjoyed writing this little songfic and am almost tempted to write a follow up chapter to it. Anyone who would like to see one more chapter to this, please review and I just might tie up a few loose ends. Suggestions more than welcome. Thank you!