InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Mother Nature Rock ❯ MNR - Inuyasha ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Apology: Luther Vandross who sings "Here and Now", and of course RT

Format: Song Lyrics – Bold

Format: Thoughts - Italics

Please insert Standard Disclaimer from Chapter 1 here.

Mother Nature Rock – 12 – Inuyasha

 

"Well?" Mother Nature asked, arms crossed across her breasts, "it's your turn" she lowered an arm and waved it toward Kagome.

Inuyasha fidgeted "I know that woman", gripping the hilt of Tessaiga, his eyes never leaving hers, he walked toward Kagome.

Kouga watched along with the rest of the guys and gals from behind a group of nearby bushes as Inuyasha walk across the grass toward the sitting Kagome. "I'll give you odds he blows this in ten minutes" he whispered.

Miroku leaned forward, "I'll take some of that, 5 minutes."

Sesshoumaru snorted quietly, "3". Ayame, Sango and Mother Nature just rolled their eyes and pressed close, maneuvering their way to the front of the three men to watch avidly.

Inuyasha stopped before the seated woman and let his eyes drink in her profile, "It's been a weird coupla days, huh?"

Kagome nodded her head, still not looking up at him. Her fingers tightened on each other in her lap, "Did you really go see Kikyo?"

That was his Kagome, ever straight to the point. His hand gripped the sword hilt "Yea."

his heart lurched at her flinch. "Kagome it's not what you think" he rushed on.

She raised sad tear filled eyes to him "No? What was it then?"

He wanted to lie, he really wanted to lie, but he couldn't, "Okay maybe it was"

She turned away, and he darted forward to sit by her "but only for a minute, Kagome."

Nearby the bushes rustled lightly as Sango slapped her forehead. "Idiot!" she whispered.

Mother Nature looked over her shoulder to find Sesshoumaru's face close to hers, she started, then quickly stilled her racing heart and asked to cover the lapse, "so who had 30 seconds?"

Sesshoumaru smirked knowingly as she bit her lower lip. His eyes dropped to the moistness left behind there.

"Wait, wait" Ayame whispered they're still talking. Everyone leaned close.

"I didn't set out to hurt you Kagome." Inuyasha turned her gently toward him "In the beginning" he took her hands in his resting them on his lap "it was simply because she had been the first. You can't imagine what it was like to have been an outcast, loneliness the only thing you knew could count on, and then to suddenly find this beautiful woman liked being near you. Wanted to be with you. I was … " he struggled at a loss for words.

"…enchanted, charmed, elated, beguiled, bewitched"

Kagome whispered. "in love?"

".. ensnared." He finished.

"Oh"

He leaned close to her "Can't you understand what it would be like to walk out of a desert into a lush oasis?" Kagome nodded. "Then Naraku happened, I was sealed to a tree for fifty years by the woman I thought loved me and after which she died having come after me because she believed I betrayed her."

"We were cursed, Kikyo and I." He brought Kagome's fingers to his lips and kissed them, "Until one day a miracle happened and this woman fell into a well and finding me, released me."

"Why is he talking about Kikyo" growled Ayame softly.

"Because it needs to be said" Kouga whispered against her ear smiling at the light shivers running through her body. Ayame turned her head and found her eyes fixed upon Kouga's bottom lip.

Kagome looked into the hanyou's golden eyes "It took me a long time, Kagome to understand that I was ensnared not by the woman so much, as the new feelings the relationship gave me; a sense of belonging somewhere, a part of something, I wasn't alone anymore."

He brushed a tendril of hair behind her ear, "I had no way of knowing the difference of what was and what could truly be until there was you."

Sango squeaked lightly, threw her arms around Miroku's neck and kissed him. Surprise quickly faded as Miroku pulled her into his lap and deepened the kiss.

"Because of you I know what true belonging means. Because of you, I understand trust, friendship, honor, and loyalty. Because of you" his face drew closer to Kagome's his lips hovering above hers, his eyes locked on hers "I know what love, true love, really means."

Ayame sniffled while Kouga pulled her into his lap and held her close "Damn I didn't know mutt face had it in him"

His lips touched Kagome's briefly, "No you aren't my first, but Kagome if you'll have me I promise you, you will be my last, my one, my only."

Kagome threw her arms around Inuyasha's neck and slanted her lips over his as his arms tightened around her and drew her impossibly close to him.

Mother Nature sniffled as she felt Sesshoumaru's arms tighten around her waist to bring her snugly back against his chest.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?" Kagome sobbed against his chest her lips throbbing from the passion in their kiss.

He pulled the clasp from her hair and let the dark silk strands fall down her back, his claws combing through it lightly, "I was afraid to, afraid you wouldn't feel the same way about me, as I did you."

"You big Baka!" Kagome sniffed as he smiled, "I've loved you for so long"

"Me too" he pulled her onto his lap and cupped her cheek, "One look in your eyes and there I see just what you mean to me. Here in my heart I believe. Your love is all I'll ever need, holdin' you close through the night. I need you."

His claws brushed her bangs from her eyes, "I look in your eyes and there I see what happiness really means. The love that we share makes life so sweet together we'll always be. This pledge of love feels so right and, I need you"

Capturing her hands he holds them in place over his heart, "Here and now, I promise to love faithfully. You're all I need. Here and now I vow to be one with thee, your love is all I need"

"When I look in your eyes," raising their clasped hands he kisses her fingers, "there I'll see all that a love should really be and I need you more and more each day. Nothin' can take your love away, more than I dared to dream, I need you"

"Here and now, I promise to love faithfully." his face buries in her hair near her ear, "You're all I need. Here and now I vow to be one with thee your love is all I need .Starting here and I'm starting now I believe in love, I'm starting right here starting right now because I believe in your love, so I'm glad to take the vow"

"Here and now," he stands pulling her up with him, "I promise to love faithfully. You're all I need. Here and now, I vow to be one with thee. Your love is all I need"

His lips meet hers in a long drugging kiss, "be mine?"

She nodded unable to trust, for a moment only, her voice for the tears, then giving him a watery smile whispered, "please."

Behind the bushes Sango, Ayame and Mother Nature sobbed cuddled in the arms of their respective gentlemen who smiled sweetly at the top of their heads and held them close.

As for Hojo and Kagura?

Not far away another set of bushes rustled "Hey watch your elbow!" Kagura hissed softly.

"That's not my elbow" a male voice chuckled softly.

"oh?" questioning silence

"OH!" a female voice exclaimed.

"Oh, Hobo" the voice melted.

"It's Hojo, Kagura, Hojo if we're gonna be doing this you need to get the name right"

"Shut up and just kiss me" was the succinct reply.

xx

x