InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ My Precious ❯ Chapter 20

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
My Precious
Chapter 20

Disclaimer: Inuyasha and company belong to Rumiko Takahashi.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Luckily, or rather unluckily, she didn’t have to struggle for very long. The sensuous growl that had just made her tremble in delight, was now a feral growl that caused a shiver of fear to course through her.

“Why is another man’s scent in your bed?”

The lump that suddenly lodged in her throat choked Kagome and she had to force it back down, realizing that this was looking increasingly bad by the passing seconds.

Her mouth gaped open and flapped like a fish, while tiny choking sounds escaped her throat. To be honest, she was rather thrown off by the menacing tone to his voice, the threatening look in his eyes, and of course, the reappearance of the markings she had previously seen as a precursor to…

“M-Miroku was here.” Even to her own ears, the excuse sounded like a lie she had made up on the spot. “H-he’s my cousin,” she tried again, hoping this time it sounded more realistic than the last one.

The noise that escaped him then was a mixture of a hum and a growl, though it still sounded obviously displeased. Finally, he seemed to come to the conclusion that this was an unacceptable answer for him. In one swift movement, he had her wrists pinned on either side of her head, taking a little of the pressure off of her torso.

“You still haven’t answered my question, Pet. Why was he in your bed?” Inuyasha’s forehead was almost touching hers, keeping them at eye-level, so to speak. His breath was warm, and tickled her lips as he hissed his question, smelling vaguely minty.

The closeness of him sent Kagome’s mind reeling. It felt as though a fog had entered her brain and any form of thought was out of her reach. All she could focus on were those pearly-white fangs that gave her a teasing peak before retreating back behind those sinful lips. Those dangerous teeth that could give her so much pleasure, yet still held the power to hurt her, mark her, claim her.

Those same teeth were suddenly bared at her and the pressure on her wrists increased until they started to feel the pain of skin being crushed to the bone of her wrists. “Answer me!” He snarled, his eyes flashing. A wave of adrenaline pumped through her veins.

Kagome swallowed, her throat suddenly dry. “He’s comfy,” she rasped. Less than a second later she realized how completely stupid that sounded and winced, closing her eyes. Maybe if she focused on pretending he wasn’t there, she could give him an intelligent response. “I mean he wanted to see how comfy it was.”

When she opened her eyes again, it was to see that his eyes had cleared of their redness, though he still looked more than doubtful of this answer. However, Kagome wasn’t exactly concerned with this fact at the moment. Her head was still fuzzy and was quickly returning to its previous state.

He always had that scent about him, which could drive her senses wild. It was that strong, spicy scent which was always mixed with the most expensive and intoxicating colognes. Never overwhelming, it always teased and toyed with her nose, taunting her body to respond just like the rest of him.

Kagome allowed her eyes to dip at that moment, suddenly wondering what he was wearing, secretly hoping it was nothing at all. Looking down, she was both disappointed and thrilled to see the baby-blue shirt with a couple of the top buttons undone and the sleeves rolled up around his elbows. Through the gaping collar of it, she could see his tanned chest and it beckoned to her to touch it. How would it feel to slide her hand through that hole, touching that smooth skin, tracing his collarbone?

“And do you know why I received a call from Sango only a couple of hours ago?”

Kagome vaguely heard the question, still staring at the base of his neck as if it had hypnotized her. When it finally registered, she was forced to shake her head in a feeble attempt to clear it.

“I wanted to let you know that I called Inuyasha to let him know you were home with a bad ankle, but he was in a meeting. So, you have until he gets home to think of a good excuse.”

Sango’s words echoed in her ears and suddenly she felt very stupid indeed. The burning ache that she had been feeling in her ankle finally registered as pain in her head and became noticeably uncomfortable to her. How the Hell could she have forgotten about her ankle?! And more importantly, how could she allow herself to think of him like this! He was nothing more than a pig who had set out to destroy her life, and here she was swooning over the bastard! The sweet euphoria-like state she had been in fell away like shards of broken glass, leaving her head clear and her mood bitter.

“No idea then? Too bad.” Suddenly his lips were on her neck again, sucking hard against her skin. The sparks of pleasure that sprouted from that one spot and spread through her were enough to momentarily distract her from the tirade that threatened to spill from her lips. It was amazing how those tingles could so teasingly make their way up her neck and to her brain, short-circuiting it, while also making a dangerous path through her chest to tease the tips of her nipples and make them ache to be shown the same pleasures.

Her gasp returned as a moan and her hands clenched into fists, frustrated with the fact that she could reach out to pull him closer.

No! To push him away! That’s what she needed to be doing, not lying under him and writhing like some kind of horny slut! She also had an injured ankle for God’s sake! And the fact that she had to remind herself of this was ridiculous!

“S-stop!” She cried, though it came out as a rough whisper that sounded nowhere near serious. And to be honest, that was probably because she wasn’t sure if she really wanted it to. It felt so good to be against him; to feel the pressure of his body on top of her.

Those sharp fangs she’d just been admiring dropped to her collarbone, gently nipping at her skin and causing her to shiver in response. His warm, hot tongue barely dipped past his lips to brush against her skin, but the intimacy of the gesture drove Kagome wild and she couldn’t help it when her back suddenly tried to arch itself.

Kagome suddenly didn’t need to be reminded that her damn ankle was hurt then. Putting even that minimal amount of extra, unnecessary pressure on her injured foot was almost excruciatingly painful. The yelp that tore out of her mouth was damn near a scream and she wasn’t sure who the whole thing had startled more, Kagome or Inuyasha. Had she not suddenly been in so much pain, she might have laughed at how shocked he suddenly seemed to be.

Gone were the purple markings and the reddened eyes and, in it’s place, was a startled expression that reminded her of a puppy who had been smacked on the nose for playing with his favorite toy. “Kagome, what’s wrong?”

She bit her lower lip, whimpering as she tried to shift herself to be more comfortable. “My ankle,” she managed to get out, closing her eyes and crying out in pain when she shifted the wrong way.

It was actually almost comical at how fast Inuyasha was off of her, and she vaguely wondered if maybe this might work in future situations. The covers were torn off to reveal her bruised ankle, loosely wrapped and sitting on top of a single pillow. The icepack had melted and was sitting beside the propped leg. With the utmost care, he removed the bindings to reveal the swollen joint. A muscle in his jaw ticked, obviously displeased at the state of her foot.

“I undid it,” she explained quickly, not wanting to get anyone in trouble. “The maid wrapped it nicely, but I undid it to get undressed.”

He nodded to her once, taking both the binding and the icepack to the door. He barely had to peek out in order to gain the attention of a passing butler, who he instructed to return with fresh supplies, as well as phone the doctor over. She heard the butler acknowledge the tasks, but then their conversation suddenly turned hushed. With what appeared to be a final command, the butler nodded and quickly rushed off to do his bidding.

Turning on his heel, Inuyasha walked back to the bed and sat down on the edge of it. The unreadable expression on Kagome’s face made her nervous, though he continued to stroke her leg and give her small smiles that made her believe maybe it was okay. Still, it felt as if there was an issue that was not being raised, as if suddenly he was disconnected.

“How did this happen?”

Kagome felt her stomach churn, quickly thinking up the best lie she possibly could. “I took a wrong step on the stairs at school.” He stared at her for a moment longer, putting Kagome more than a little on edge. Finally she shrugged, and he seemed to break out of the trace-like state he was in.

“At school?” He repeated dumbly.

Kagome nodded slowly. “Yeah… Inuyasha, are you feeling okay?”

He looked at her once more, this time it seemed that he was actually seeing her now. A low chuckle echoed out of his mouth and he shook his head, patting her shin. “I’m fine Precious. I’m just a little tired from work.”

Kagome had a feeling deep inside that it wasn’t the real issue, but she didn’t really want to push into unknown territory on the off chance that it was the true subject, or that the true subject would piss him off. While Kagome liked sparring with him, she also liked having two, fully-working legs in order to escape with as well.

“Doctor Suikotsu is being called as we speak, I want him to take a look at your ankle to make sure you haven’t broken anything,” Inuyasha informed her. “You clumsy little pet,” he added, reaching forward to brush his thumb against her cheek affectionately. Such intimate caresses made Kagome’s heart leap with joy, and she suddenly found butterflies in her stomach.

Slowly, the hand trickled down her skin, making her want to lean into, while jerking away from, the ticklish touches. Eventually it lined her jaw before dropping lower still until it barely brushed against her neck, finally stopping at a single spot that was much more sensitive than the rest. His ears lowered as his thumb continued to stroke it softly.

“I must make sure all those damn scrubbing sponges are removed. I don’t want something like this to happen again.”

Kagome barely heard this, still fascinated by the constant twitching of his ears. She’d never really noticed them much, but their movements now caught her attention, and she found her hands quickly moving up to touch them. He apparently realized what she was up to, because he quickly pinned them to his head, hiding them in his hair. Startled, Kagome looked back at him with wide eyes.

Inuyasha’s dark brows were furrowed, suddenly seeming very contrasting with his light hair color. “What are you doing, Pet?!”

Kagome blinked once, now reaching forward to grab one of the thick locks of hair that constantly trailed over a shoulder on each side. Holding it up as best she could in the light, she examined it closely.

“Oi! What are you doing?!” He carefully pried the hair from her grasp, still frowning.

“Is your hair naturally that color?”

He seemed momentarily stunned by the question, but then nodded. “Yeah, that bother you or something?”

Kagome now frowned at his attitude. “No! I was just wondering which was natural, your white hair or your dark eyebrows! You can’t have both!” What was it about this man that could get her so angry so fast?

He growled, one of his eyes twitching. “And why the Hell not? Maybe they are both natural!”

Kagome threw an arm up in the air, falling back onto the mattress. “People aren’t just born with two different hair colors, Inuyasha!”

“Well maybe I am,” He bent forward so that his hands were planted on either side of her ribcage, his hair cascading down over his back and shoulders to tickle her arms. “Kagome.”

Hearing her name whispered so sensuously from his lips made her shiver. Or maybe it was that passionate look in those devilishly handsome, golden eyes of his. Did it really matter what I was? Reaching up with a sudden urgency, she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him close to her and kissing him.

Her blunt nails latched onto his shoulders and back once more, loving the feeling of the muscles as they moved under her fingertips. Eventually one moved down his chest, tracing one peck before quickly moving down his side and groping at his hipbone and finally tugging at the hem of his shirt, trying to pry it from the waist of his pants.

Inuyasha groaned against her lips, parting his own to nibble on her lower one, coaxing and pleading her to open her own. She did with minimal resistance, her own tongue darting out to meet his. The feeling of the two appendages sliding together was one of the most erotic feelings she’d come to know since living with him. It sent ripples of pleasure coursing through her body and pooling in her abdomen, making her ache for that tongue to-

“Ahem.”

Once again, Inuyasha was stunned by his pet’s sudden mood change at the sound of the butler clearing his throat. One moment she had actually been kissing him, and then the next she acted like a teen who had just been caught making out with a boy in her room; shoving him away without a second thought and blushing a deep red. He swore to murder this servant tonight.

“Thank you,” Inuyasha snapped as he slowly rose from the bed, un-tucking the rest of his shirt that Kagome had missed and stalking off to sulk in a corner.

Dutifully, and apparently obliviously, the butler went about his work, putting a cream on the foot, wrapping it, then placing a towel and an icepack over the finished product. Once finished, he turned to Inuyasha and bowed once. “Dinner is about ready, Sir.”

“Thank you, now get out,” he growled, his arms still crossed over his chest and his pants feeling a little tight. The butler scurried out quickly, leaving them alone one more.

Still blushing, Kagome struggled to get herself off the bed, her limbs a little shaky. I can’t believe I did that! What is wrong with me?! I know he’s hot and stuff, but that’s still no excuse Kagome! She mentally scolded herself, managing to get both feet off the bed.

“Here, let me help.”

Kagome gasped as she was swept up into two strong arms for the second time that day. Out of instinct, she tried to raise her arms to hold onto her neck, but one was trapped between them. With her right arm resting across her chest, and her left wrapped around his neck, her head fell comfortably against his collarbone, her forehead against the curve of his neck. It felt much more intimate than it had with Kouga. Almost as if they were lovers.

You idiot, of course you’re not lovers! Even mentioning that is… silly. Isn’t it? Kagome closed her eyes, subtly taking in his scent while unconsciously curling closer to him.

The walk to the dining hall was a lot shorter than Kagome had anticipated, and she found that she was almost disappointed when Inuyasha set her down in a chair next to the head of the table. Before he’d even sat down in his own chair, the hired help was taking orders and pouring glasses, as well as setting out some bread and salads in front of them.

Kagome thanked one of the maids before eagerly diving into her food, feeling quite starved. Inuyasha was a little more hesitant with his bites than her, though he also seemed more focused on the food than socializing. In fact, Kagome might even go so far as to say that he was brooding over something. But something told her not to ask.

No one spoke a word through the salad, and by the time it was finished, Kagome felt a little more unnerved by this fact. “How was your day at work?” A dumb question, but it would at least cut through the silence in the hall.

Inuyasha took his last bite of salad, nodding. “Good,” he replied once he’d swallowed. “We had a meeting earlier with a client of ours,” he paused with a smirk. “One that you’ve met actually.”

The blood drained from her face and her stomach churned at the thought of who he was referring to. “Oh?” She quickly took a sip of her tea to get rid of the bitter taste in her mouth. “How did that go?”

He smiled, leaning back as they took away the plates of salad. “Good. Very good, in fact.”

“I’m glad.” She wasn’t really. She had rather hoped the man had dropped dead.

There was a slight rap on the door, calling the attention of everyone in the room. In walked the Doctor she’d seen once before, on the day that… Her hand absently rubbed at the mark on her inner wrist.

“Doctor Suikotsu!” Inuyasha greeted, rising from his chair. “Good to see you again!”

The doctor nodded to him. “Inuyasha,” he greeted, doing the same for Kagome. She only nodded to him, turning in her seat. Though she hated to admit it, the man did have some air of kindness about him.

“Well, I’d hate to interrupt your dinner any further, so let’s have a look then.” Pulling out a chair next to Kagome, he waited patiently for her to turn before cautiously helping her raise her ankle. His fingers prodded and rubbed at the joint, apologizing at every hiss and whimper that she made, making her feel guilty enough to hold the sounds back. After, he had her run through several movement tests and nodded.

“Appears to be fine,” he commented absently, while reaching down into his bag and pulling out a small, rectangular object and holding it in front of her foot. With a count off, the machine made a series of noises, then beeped. “Well, it looks like everything is fine here,” he smiled, lowing the screen just enough for her to see an X-ray of her foot on it.

She’d heard of these things, but she had known no doctors that could afford the equipment. To see it in action was really quite amazing. She wasn’t quite sure of how they worked, but she’d heard reports of them being safer than the traditional versions. So safe, in fact, that they could be used in households.

“No broken bones?”

“None,” the doctor grinned. “Just keep some ice on it and keep it propped, you should be healed by the end of next week., possibly a little longer.”

“Next week!” Kagome felt both of their eyes on them, surprised by her sudden outburst. “Erm… I just… hate to be immobile for that long… is there a possibility it could be sooner?”

The doctor was still a little stunned, so it took him a moment to actually process what she was saying. Inuyasha’s eyes narrowed suspiciously, and that gesture made her gulp. “Well, it doesn’t seem that bad, despite the swelling and bruising… perhaps you might, though I would strongly suggest you stay off of it almost completely for at least a week.”

But I don’t have a week! She screamed inside. Outside, she bit the inside of her cheek and nodded her thanks, barely listening to the treatment he prescribed to Inuyasha and the head butler. Crossing her arms, she glared at the delicious food set in front of her.

What was she going to do about the try-outs?