InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Nagataka ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Nagataka

Chapter 10

Kagome sat in her room, crying her heart out silently. Her roommate, Jennifer, was out. It was a month later, and Kagome was in rehab. Inu Yasha hadn't visited at all, and it was tearing her apart. The others, Sango, Kouga, and Miroku visited her often, but it still didn't help as much as seeing Inu Yasha would. But what would she say to him. That she was still in love with him and that he should give up being Kikyo's boyfriend, to leave Kikyo just as she was about to have her baby? That wouldn't be fair to the unborn child and though she sincerely wished that Kikyo wasn't pregnant with Inu Yasha's child, Kagome couldn't find herself wishing the child dead. The child was innocent to everything and even though it was at the cost of her happiness, Kagome didn't want harm to fall to the child. It was an innocent, it hadn't been the one to get Kikyo pregnant, or the one that drove Inu Yasha away from Kagome originally.

"What's wrong?" Jennifer's voice asked. Kagome looked up to see her roommate watching her.

"Just thinking," Kagome replied.

"'Kay, I was just wondering," and with that, the blond haired girl left Kagome alone. 'Always alone, why must it be so?' She thought. 'Why am I so pitiful? Why am I here? I can't be here, I can't be any where. I can only be with him. Even though he's broken my heart, I need to be with him. I need to be with Inu Yasha.'

Inu Yasha sat at his desk in third hour, pencil tapping away at the desk like there was no tomorrow. He was nervous, anyone with a brain, and working eyes, could see that. She was due any day now, and he was on edge, waiting for the call, yelling at him to get his butt over at the hospital. It was two months after Kagome had gone to the hospital and rehab. He felt kinda guilty about not going and seeing her, but he couldn't. He couldn't go there.

After school, his cell phone rang. He answered and found that it was Kaede, Kikyo's little 8 year old sister, who told them Kikyo had had her baby. He told her that he'd be over in about twenty minutes or so when his cell phone rang again. This time it was Kagome's mother, telling him that Kagome was released form rehab that day. He and the others piled in Inu Yasha's car and they drove to the hospital to see Kikyo and the baby.

"Hey Kikyo," Inu Yasha greeted the exhausted new mother.

"Inu.. Yasha?" She asked, half drugged.

"Yeah, I'm here," he told her, holding her hand between his own.

"It's a boy," she replied.

"Koryu," he said aloud.

"Yeah, Koryu Akemi," Kikyo answered.

"I'm going to go see him right now, okay? I'll be back," he whispered in her ear. He asked to see the nursery, adn a nurse led him there, even pointing out where his son was. He took one look at the child and knew. It wasn't his. 'I can't believe that whore! I can't believe she cheated on me! And with my best friend at that!' He thought. He stormed out of the building, the others giving him worried looks. He sat in his car and broke down crying. All the emotions he had that had accumulated for the last few years were pouring out of him now. He drove through the pelting rain, and found himself back at the home he'd grown up in. The house looked nice, and there was a very nice car sitting in the driveway. Drying his tears, he got out of the car, and walked up to the front door, knocking on it, though it felt very weird to be knocking on the door of this house. The door opened and revealed a very nice looking woman.

"Hello?" Asked the woman.

"Is this the Akemi residence?" He asked.

"Of course it is, do you need Katsutoshi?" Asked the woman. Suddenly, Inu Yasha felt sick to his stomach. Only his mother was allowed to call his father Katsutoshi.

"Mommy! Tell daddy to play with me!" A small girl, about five demanded, walking into view, leading a grown man behind her. Inu Yasha took a look at his father, who looked so lovingly at the little girl, something he'd not done to Inu Yasha since before his mother had died.

"Katsutoshi, I think this young man wants to speak with you," the woman told Inu Yasha's father.

"Yes?" He asked Inu Yasha, after the woman and girl had gone away. "Do I know you?"

Inu Yasha looked at his father, straight in the eyes, and found that his eyes said the same thing over adn over again, "Do I know you?"

"You don't remember me?" He asked, softly.

"No, but I feel as though I've seen you before," Mr. Akemi told his son.

"I lived here once when I was young," Inu Yasha told the man who was once his father.

"Really? Interesting, maybe I remember seeing you as a young boy then," his father said jovially. "Or maybe you were a friend of my son Sesshoumaru." That was it, Inu Yasha left, feeling sick and hopeless.

Kagome sat in her room, watching the street. She saw a car pull up to the Akemi house, and a familiar figure go inside. A little later, the figure came out, dashing for his car, and driving off. She knew it was Inu Yasha. She knew something was wrong. Picking up her phone, she called Sango, telling her that something was wrong with Inu Yasha. Shortly later, the Sango, Miroku, and Kouga were at Kagome's house.

Her phone rang, and she answered it. "Hello?"

"Kagome, is that you?" Inu Yasha's voice asked.

"Yeah, it's me," she replied.

"I'm sorry I hurt you. I love you, but I can't take it anymore. Good bye," the phone clicked off and she sat, holding her phone.

"No," she said to an empty phone. "Not again!" She yelled out loud, tears forming in her eyes. The others looked at her oddly.

"What's wrong?" Sango asked.

"I'll tell you in the car," Kagome replied, halfway to her car. The others speed to catch up to her.

A/N: Okay, remember that chapter I told you guys that I've had planned out since before there even was a story called Nagataka? Teh one that's angsty all the way. That's the next chapter. Which means that there's only about two more chapters left to this story.

Well, I guess I didn't need help coming up with ways to make his life worse. Thanks to those who suggested anything. Warning about the next chapter. If you are not a fan of angst, then well, your screwed, because the next chapter is were most of this story comes to life. Also, the next chapter will be long! I'm guessitmating about 4000-5000 words, which is long. Man I love that word, guessitmating. It means I'm guessing/estimating at the same time. My December by Linkin Park is an awesome song. I was listening to it while I wrote this. I can't believe it's Saturday already! I've gotten out almost a chapter a day. For those who don't know, Saturday is "Anime Night" for me and my little sister, who I have brainwashed into loving anime and manga. Hell, even my dad is into YGO, but not any others. My mom's the only one who doesn't like at least one anime.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inu Yasha the anime, I'm just using it's characters names in my own original story, thus making my story an AU.