InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Namiyo's Twisted Fairy Tales ❯ Tale the First: The Three Little Youkai ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Tale the First: The three little youkai

By Namiyo11

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

This story is dedicated to my young niece-a true Inuyasha fan and a lover of bedtime stories. Hence the warped tale before you when she gets both in one day at her Aunt’s house. : ) I make no apologies for any twisted aspects, trust me, you ought not to read it-it’s not right. But you will anyways, I’m guessing! For new readers of my work...this isn’t my usual stuff! I promise.-Namiyo

Once upon a time, deep in the forest, lived three youkai.

One was fuzzy and named Shippo. One was taller and not as fuzzy, and his name was Inuyasha. Then there was the eldest of the youkai-and the tallest-and his name was Sesshomaru. They all lived in the forest happily, but with winter coming, it was decided that they needed a house.

That’s when the argument began. Shippo didn’t want to work much, saying he was just a little kid. Inuyasha didn’t want to work with Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru said ‘screw this’, and just left them there arguing. He didn’t like them much, you see. So, they each built a home for themselves in three identical clearings. (It was that type of forest)

Shippo built his out of straw. A little here, a little there, a dangerously undersupported roof up above-and he had a house. Kind of.

Inuyasha now, he was the smart one. He’d be the first to tell you that. He saw the house of straw and laughed himself silly. He then left the kitsune and went to a nearby, oddly matching clearing, and built from sticks. Well-they started out as logs, but he got a little...overenthusiastic with the power tools. He also threw away the ‘E-Z Build plans’ he downloaded from the web. But he had a house and that was what mattered. It had a door, even, and his home was less likely to be assaulted by passing cattle. So he told his neighbor Shippo, anyway.

Shippo seemed less than impressed by this.

Sesshomaru, now...he went a different way. A simple matter of hiring the local builder and soon he had a fine two bedroom, one bath brick number in ‘His’ clearing. He was shopping in the nearby village for new furnishings...and heard reports that a wolf was on the prowl!

“Be careful, oh dread Lord...the wolf will come!”

“This Sesshomaru is not impressed,” he said, and decided on a nice embroidered set of throw pillows for the living room. The merchant shrugged, not saying a word. Sesshomaru warned his neighbors, the hanyou and the kit.

“You fools will soon be eaten, a wolf comes. Clearly...you are incapable of handling one,” he announced.

The wolf came wandering through the happy little wood the next day. His name was Kouga-and first he saw the little house of straw! Probably a crazy old lady or a group of hyperintelligent squirrels (it was that sort of forest you know) lived here, he decided, seeing the classic architecture signs. It would do either way, he wasn’t picky.

A knock on the door.

“Who is it?” Shippo called. Not a squirrel, then. The wolf thought for a moment. Sounded like a kid...

“Why-a grandmother! I seek refuge?” Kouga answered in falsetto as he rummaged in a sack for some things lifted from the last hut he ate at. Shredded women’s clothes were waved ineffectually in front of one of the many gaps in the straw.

“Are not! You’re a wolf! I’m a kitsune, we know these things!”

“I am not.”

“Are too!”

“That’s it!” Kouga snapped, and giant blades sprouted from his fist. His Gorashi. “Little kit, little kit, let me in, or I’ll slice and slash your little house in!”

“Not by the hairs of my Uncle’s warty chin!”

So the blades sliced and diced...and a haystack was born. The kitsune gasped, the kitsune ran...and pounded on his neighbor’s door.

“Let me in-or the wolf will eat me!” he yelled. There was a snort from inside.

“So? Tell you what-if you say I’m great...I might let you in and protect you.”

“That you're great?”

“Yeah, you fucking brat. Like I can’t kick a wolf‘s ass.” Shippo sniffed.

“How much beer have you had, Inuyasha?”

“Not much, I’m cool,” Inuyasha replied with a hiccup.

“Uh-yeah, you’re super keen cool badass hanyou guy.” The door opened. Shippo scampered in and uncrossed his fingers.

Not ten minutes later, the wolf came trotting along to the door. Oh, great. First he plays grandmother, then tries to find a kitsune in a haystack...now he had a new house to go into! Kouga knocked.

“Ok, open up!”

“Who is-damn it. You’re a wolf.”

“Um...another youkai home, then?” the wolf wasn’t happy.

“Yeah. So fuck off.”

“Hey.” Kouga sniffed, “a hanyou. Open up and let me eat you!”

“Hell no. I’ll kick you assh.”

“Did-you just say assh?”

“No!” came the answer. But the words were slurred a bit.

“Come on!”

“I said no!” a voice rose and Kouga listened at the door, surreptitiously checking the soundness of it. A scuffle? What the hell?

“No! Not inside!!” Shippo tried...but he did.

“I said fuck off!! Kaze no kizu!!”

The blast sent Kouga twenty feet into the air. It also...wrecked the house. The hanyou brushed sticks off himself and made a face as he held Tetsusaiga with one hand. Shippo was currently wedged in a tree some distance away. He frowned and sighed.

“Fuck this shit, I’m crashing with my brother,” he decided, and staggered off.

Kouga slowly got up, and shook it off. It was ok. He was strong, determined...oh. Shippo in a tree. Distracted, he let the tipsy hanyou go merrily on his way.

Meanwhile, Sesshomaru was planning on enjoying a margarita. There was much blending at his new wet bar. Until the door was pounded on.

“Sesshomaru! Let me in, guy.”

“No,” Sesshomaru answered.

“Come on! I’m your brother!” Pounding.

“So? This Sesshomaru is aware of the story. I am in the brick home-and I do not require long term houseguests.”

“What story? Come on!!”

Screams in the distance.

“The...three small pigs.”

“Huh? Are you calling me a pig? You asshole!”

“No. I am calling you a moron.” The door opened a crack as screams neared.

“HE’S GONNA EAT ME!!” Shippo. Both Inu watched as Kouga chased the kitsune nearer.

“You did not slay him?”

“Eh-small problem with the Tetsusaiga. I wasn’t into it,” Inuyasha noted, leaning against the door as Sesshomaru pushed back. The Lord looked disgusted.

“You blew your own house in?”

“No!” he answered with an embarrassed look.

“Admit same-or camp. The weather channel predicts rain.”

“Fine! I blew my own house in! Happy?”

“Very well, but mind the new carpets.” Inuyasha rolled in and went for the couch and remote.

“Got any pretzels?” he asked as Sesshomaru closed the door.

There was pounding and screaming.

“No. This Sesshomaru is watching his carb intake.”

“Damn.”

More pounding and screaming.

“LET ME IN!!”

“Should we? He’s annoying, but well-you know,” Inuyasha asked as he flicked channels.

“Hm. You will have to share a room.” A horrified glance.

“Never mind,” the hanyou answered.

But Sesshomaru opened the door-and a Kitsune with a chewed tail ran inside. Panting and terrified, he launched himself at the hanyou!

“You sleaze! You left me out there!!” A smack and a growl.

Outside, Kouga was freaking out. The straw house, ok. The stick one had him a bit worried. Now-a damned brick one?! Shit. He knew this story. The wolf never won. But he’d been denied food, blown up, and now chased a kitsune here. He’d come too far to let it go. Kouga squared his shoulders. All wolves knew what to say at times like this.

All three paused when there was a knock on the door.

“Youkai, youkai, let me in! Let me in or I’ll slice, and I’ll slash-and I’ll tear my way in!”

“This Sesshomaru will not allow you in.”

“Sessh-damn. You??” Inuyasha glanced up.

“I wasn’t scary. But you...damn it,” he grumbled. A smirk.

“Indeed. You missed the customized mailbox and ‘Beware of the Dog’ doormat?” the Lord inquired through the door.

“Aw, come on! At least let me eat the kitsune?” Kouga yelled.

“No. This Sesshomaru intends to do so.” Shippo looked alarmed. The hanyou shrugged.

“Hey, Holidays are coming and we eat a lot. Why else do you think we keep giving you candy? You should taste pretty good with Mom’s gravy.”

“This Sesshomaru gets indigestion from same.”

“Don’t make fun of my Mom’s cooking, asshole! I told you!” Inuyasha yelled.

“Excuse me, argue on your own time!” Kouga yelled through the door.

“Look, why do you want this kitsune, anyways?” Inuyasha asked, getting up to speak through the door.

“Well...I’m not sure. I got into the moment. I mean-I’m not much of a youkai eater, you know? I thought he was living in a squirrel nest or was a Grandma. If this is that Story-I’m not loving this!”

“Ah. The hyperintelligent cross-dimensional rodents dwell on the other side of the forest. However, there is a Grandmother down the road,” Sesshomaru announced.

“Really?”

“Indeed. Turn right, and eat the woman in the house on the left hand side, third hut past the fork in the road.” Kouga jotted this down and grinned.

“Thanks!”

“Our pleasure.” They waited until he left, and looked at each other.

“Grandmother Kaede’s going to kill that wolf,” Shippo commented. That was the hut he had been directed to, after all. Just past the one with the two Priestesses who tormented their adopted monk sibling, Mirokuella. It was Miroku, actually...but they added the ‘ella’ and made him wear a dress whenever he tried to avoid using it.

“Yep,” Inuyasha nodded.

“Shouldn’t we warn someone? I’ll go-”

“This Sesshomaru has no objections.” The door opened for the kit. Shippo paused.

“You guys...aren’t really going to eat me, are you?”

Both brothers looked at one another.

“Of course not, kid. What kind of creatures do you take us for? That was just to get him off our backs,” Inuyasha said firmly. Shippo smiled and nodded. He then happily scooted off to watch Kaede kill the wolf.

They looked at each other.

“If he doesn’t come back-you get to tell Dad you lost our traditional dinner.”

“Acceptable. If he returns, we continue to fatten him as Father requested. If not-I am spared your Mother’s cooking. Mortals cannot prepare traditional youkai dishes properly.”

Inuyasha glared. But was distracted by a proffered Margarita.

And they all lived happily ever after.

Author’s notes-Warped, yes? I rather thought so. Funny I hope! So I dashed this off and elected to share it with folks. : ) Thanks for Reading!-Namiyo