InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Naresome no Netsuai ❯ Merry Christmas ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm not gonna bother with the disclaimer cause' you ppl. Should already know this.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Merry Christmas!
kk, this one is gonna be dedicated to Xmas. The next one will be fast-forwarded to April, when the pups will be born.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Chapter 16: Merry Christmas!
 
Kagome smiled as she spotted for InuYasha while he hung the Christmas Lights. There were only a couple of days before Christmas, and they were hardly ready. Everyone had passed through the well to celebrate it with the Higurashi's, and Kagome intended it to be special.
“Kagome! Can't you help me up here?” InuYasha whined as he leaned precariously over a specific spot on the roof.
“No, I'm pregnant, remember?” She called back. InuYasha groaned. “You're almost done anyways. So quit whining and get it done so we can go pick out a tree with Ayame, Sango and Ayume.” She scolded. InuYasha sighed.
“Gods, I didn't know how moody-”
“What was that InuYasha?”
“Nothing Koishii….”
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Kagome sighed happily, as she pulled the Christmas cookies out of the oven. Shippou, Rin and Rikka, as well as Tamo, Kima and Seki, :Sango and Miroku's kids: having smelled the delicious treats, raced into the kitchen. Kagome laughed as, one by one, they all gave her puppy dog eyes, each hoping to score a cookie while it was still hot. Souta, who was babysitting so the adults could get everything done, walked in a few minutes later, wondering where his charges went.
“Thank goodness this is only the first batch.” Kagome commented as she handed out a cookie to each youngster, until everyone was smiling contentedly. Souta put his hand out for one, but Kagome shook her head.
“You're too old to beg from me Ototo.” She smirked. Souta grimaced and ushered the children out of the kitchen. Humming merrily to herself, Kagome continued her baking, making sure to leave a few cookies for the adults.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
“Alright you six,” Kagome said as she tucked in Rin, Rikka and Shippou. :all in separate beds: Sango was tucking her kids in, and Ayame was making sure everything else had been done, and that the `pups' had cleaned up properly, checking their teeth and smelling their breath, etc. “You go to sleep now, so Santa can come and deliver your presents.” The women chuckled as the children cheered.
“Momma,” Shippou beckoned. Kagome walked to his bed, and leaned over, gently kissing his forehead. “Momma, Rikka-chan told me that she didn't have a Mom or Dad, and that she lives with her Aunt, who is an alcoholic. She also said that she really liked Ayame and Kouga, and wondered if you could ask them to adopt her.” He asked, a hint of heartbreak in his voice. Kagome stood there, shocked. Motioning to Ayame and Sango, she made Shippou relay the message. Ayame, who had tears in her eyes, said that she would definitely take Rikka in, even if she had to beat Kouga into submission. Walking over to Rikka's bed, Ayame gently brushed away her bangs and gave her a gentle kiss on the forehead. Rikka smiled in her sleep and seemed to relax a bit more. Ayame smiled, and walked out of the room, intent upon finding her mate and telling him what just happened. Sango checked on her children once more, before following after the she-wolf. Kagome took one last glance at Rikka, then heading to the family room, shutting the door behind her.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------
Kinda sad, but at least Rikka gets a ha ha-ue. Merry Christmas, I'm not going to publish until a day or so after Christmas.
Sayonara,
Leiko-chan
PS~ I want…..18 reviews before I post chapter 17, kay?