InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Once Upon a Cell Phone ❯ Chapter Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Title: Once Upon a Cell Phone
 
Author: Anonymous Fangirl
 
Summary: . . . Kagome brings a cell phone to the past and it works. But what's that got to do with our all-time favorite leacherous monk? (But how many can there possibly be?) Oh, and because you all are so good, this chapter, at 3439 words, this is the longest chapter to Once upon a cell phone to date. Quiet possibly the longest chapter I have writeen period. So, to the person who asked for longer stories, well, here it is.
 
Oh, and JAZZY? Try to use a little less curse words in your review. I don't mind flames. . . really the definition of a flame is constructive criticism. However, your reviews seem to be simply destructive and pointless. If you have constructive criticism, fine, I would love to hear it. (Other than the spelling chekcer thing. . . My spelling checker still doesn't work. . .) But if you are just going to curse about every little thing I will have to ask that you don't review any longer. On any of my stories.
 
On another note, Kathyren Erum is the number one reviewer right now. Yeah Kathy! I loved your review for chapter ten, and it has gone down in my hall of favorites. Thank you!
 
 
R& R& Enjoy!
 
Rating: Mature.
 
Etc: Miroku: . . .
 
Kagome: . . . you kissed me. . . (blush)
 
Anonymous Fangirl: In his defense, I made him. . .
 
Miroku: And it was barely a kiss. . . more like an innocent peck. . .
 
Kagome: . . . it was my first kiss. . .
 
Anonymous Fangirl: Well, by the end of the story, it's not going to be the only first thing you guys do together!
 
Miroku: (lays down)
 
Kagome: And what are you doing?
 
Miroku: Going to sleep. It's cold, it's raining, and it's warm. Wake me up when you want to have sex. . .
 
Kagome: YOU'RE GONNA BE DOWN THERE FOR A WHILE THEN, YOU DIRTY LEACH!
 
Anonymous Fangirl: . . . why wont she just admit it?
 
Kagome: Admit what?
 
Anonymous Fangirl: You're falling for him!
 
Kagome: . . . Am NOT!!!
 
Anonymous Fangirl: Read and Review. . . (yes you are.)
 
Kagome: (so am not. . .)
 
 
 
Chapter Twelve
 
 
 
 
They flew again in the morning, and Kagome desperately wished for one thing. . .
 
An umbrella.
 
Sure, she had known that clouds were made of water. . . but that didn't mean they had to be so. . . wet.
 
Miroku grinned at her, and Kagome knew without a shout of a doubt that he was entertaining a less than virtous thought.
 
She knew she should have shot him a glare. But it was six thirty in the morning and she just didn't have the energy to force it when it really didn't bother her that much any more. “What are you grinning about?” She asked, not sure that she wanted to know.
 
Miroku shook his head. “I was just imagining how your skin must feel this morning. . .”
 
Kagome nodded and hmphed. “Same as it feels every day, my dear monk. Like skin.”
 
Miroku laughed. “Good alliteration.”
 
They flew for the rest of the day, not landing once to rest, much to Kagome's boredom, and stopped only in the evening, this time at the mouth of a river. When Megumi informed them that there was a hot springs in the viccinty, Kagome wanted to cry in gratitude.
 
“Ah. . .” Miroku had said, rubbing his hands together, “then I will assume that Lady Kagome-sama intends to bathe? It's not really safe, seeing as we're being chased by dragons, and mayhap I should accompany. . .”
 
Miroku was then knocked in the head by a rather large rock that had been lying in just the right position for Kagome to pick it up.
 
“Pervert.” She mumbled before she started off to the hot springs.
 
Kagome, perverted though he is, I think the monk is right. You shouldn't go off on your own, especially not at night and unarmed. Megumi said, laying her tail in Kagome's path. I think that he should accompany you.
 
Miroku could have kissed her then.
 
Kagome stopped in her tracks, appaled. “Hold up. . . you're saying that he should come with me to watch me bathe!?!
 
Megumi shrugged. Hasn't he already seen you naked?
 
Kagome glowered. “More times than I care to count. . .”
 
Then what diffrence does this make? Besides. . . I was under the impression that you two were lovers.
 
Kagome felt her stomach drop out from underneath her. “And what would give you that idea, Megumi-san?”
 
I just sort of assumed. . . you two were traveling alone together. . . and before now, you seemed to have no real qualms in your nudity, so I just thought-
 
“You thought wrong.” Kagome assured her, glaring at Miroku as she sat down. “I would really rather simply not take a bath.”
 
They ate dinner (caught again by Megumi) in relative silence, only talking when necessary.
 
“Megumi.” Miroku began, swallowing a large chunk of meat, “we need to find a village. While these clothes are. . .” he paused here, searching for the right word as he studied the very feminine kimono he was brandishing, “. . . pretty, I would find it much easier to fight in. . . men's clothing.”
 
Kagome nodded in agreement. “This kimono is very heavy, even for me. And there are other things we need too. Weapons being at the top of the list.”
 
Megumi sighed. By going to a village, we risk giving away our location. Is clothes and weapons really worth that?
 
Miroku and Kagome simultaneously answered yes.
 
I don't see how gathering supplies is worth the risk of being spotted. Megumi said with a frown.
 
“Because, Megumi-san, we are constantly at risk of being spotted. I would rather increase that chance and have weapons than to ignore the fact and go in to battle with out.” Miroku said, hands moving as he explained.
 
Kagome wondered if he had takening speech classes in his time.
 
Megumi frowned, but consented none the less. Alright, but if we get caught, it's your fault.
 
Kagome grinned. “Now, Megumi-san, you don't really believe that, do you?”
 
Megumi didn't answer, and Kagome didn't press.
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
They're coming. . . hissed a silent entity from the forest as it watched the travel weary companions eat the bland flavor of open fire deer. It hissed again, disgusted by the thought of devouring meat.
 
How dare they? That deer was a creature of this forest! They presume to steal from us, brother? The second entity thought, retching violently in his mind. They shall die! He promised with a glare that dripped with menace.
 
Patience, brother. It won't be long now until Naraku gets his hands on them. . . they won't live much longer. . . they shall suffer and we shall be rewarded for their capture.
 
The second entity, the younger brother, grinned sadistically. Oh. . . but brother, Naraku doesn't need them all alive, does he?
 
The elder brother surveyed them cautiously, before his eyes landed on one of them. Naraku demanded the girl be taken alive. . . but as for the other two. . . The elder brother ran his tongue over his teeth, I see no reason why Naraku would care if we brought only their heads. . .
 
Yes. . . bring him their heads. . .
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
 
Kagome awoke cramped and cold and cranky. And she really, really needed some coffee. She had a severe case of caffeine withdrawl of the worst kind.
 
“Kagome, you look a little tired.” Miroku noticed, his usual chipper self even though he had just woken up and it was 30 degrees.
 
Kagome shot him a glower that promised she would be entirely justified if he took one step in the wrong direction. Namely, towards her.
 
But despite what Miroku claimed, it seemed he didn't speak woman too well. With out fear, he walked right up to her and circled behind.
 
Kagome turned slowly towards him. “Miroku, if your hand goes where I think your gonna make it go, you won't need to worry about Naraku, or your accursed hand hole. I'll kill you.”
 
“Duly noted, Kagome-chan.” Miroku sighed as his fingerd cupped the base of her skull and began to rub.
 
Kagome froze. What was he doing? A frightened little voice from somewhere inside of her demanded. An older, much more cool and sophisticated sounding, answered. He's trying to seduce you, you moron. Tell him to get lost! Kagome didn't say a word. A third voice, young and lustful sounding, spoke next. Oh. . . if this is what his seduction feels like, why the hell did we wait so long? Kagome pondered on that for a moment, before she shook her head, more to clear it than to get rid of Miroku's miracle hands that seemed to have melted away her insides.
 
“Kagome-chan, are you alright?” Miroku asked, fingers curling in her hair.
 
Kagome glared at him. “You can't do that, Miroku!” Kagome said, turning and pressing on efinger in to his chest, which only proved to irritate her more when she discovered she, oddly enough, longed to run her hands over those pecks just to see if they were as finely chiseled as she imagined them to be.
 
“Do what, Kagome-chan?” He asked, cupping her head with both hands and angling her face to his.
 
Kagome gulped. Since when had he been this tall? At five foot six, Kagome was used to looking down on other people. But then she had meet Inuyasha, who, at a towering six foot one, had made her feel petite and feminine for the first time in her life. Then came Sesshoumaru, who really made her feel tiny. Especailly when he was trying to kill her.
 
But Miroku. . . he had never made her feel particularly small before. Kagome mentally tried to figure out how tall he was, when suddenly. . .
 
“What don't you want me to do, Kagome?” Miroku asked, flexing and relaxing his fingers in her hair. Like a kitty cat! The feminine voice in her head purred. Soft and sensual and predetorial and. . .
 
“Don't call me Kagome-chan.” Kagome commanded as she straightened out her kimono, grateful that Megumi had informed them that there was a village twenty fourlongs, which Miroku translated to Kagome as two and a half miles, North of them. She could get s few good hours of R&R before they got back to traveling.
 
“Why not?” Miroku asked, his wide yawn betraying his perky attitude. He was tired.
 
I would love to see him when he wasn't. . . the feminine voice in her head informed her, voice dripping with inuendoe.
 
Yes, maybe he would stop hitting on us for a change!
 
Oh, but what if he were to-
 
Kagome decided she needed help.
 
Miroku tapped her on the shoulder, and she realized that he had said her name three times.
“What, Miroku?” She asked as she bid Megumi farewell and started North.
 
“Why do you not want me to call you Kagome-chan?” Miroku asked, annonying her with the simple fact that he could keep up with her despite the fact she was doing her fast walk.
 
“Because.” She answered in a childish voice that was very un-Kagome like. It was much more Shippo's style.
 
“Because?” Miroku asked, stopping in front of her to prevent her from continuing on.
 
“Because, Miroku.” Kagome worded her next words carefully. “It's complicated.”
 
Miroku shrugged and kept walking, this time behind her. Kagome had a good feeling that it was so he could stare at her ass, but she didn't bother to tell him to go away.
 
“Then make it complicated, Kagome. C'mon, complicate it.” Miroku said, longing to reach forward, just a little bit, and place his hands on her hips and pull them to his. Her head would be just under his chin and his erection would rub against her butt, letting her know with no words that it was already very complicated.
 
“I'm not a little girl, Miroku.” Kagome said with a frown a few minutes later.
 
Miroku stared at her backside with interest. “You most certainly are not.” He agreed solemnly.
 
Kagome glowered, stopped, and placed her fist on her hips in the universal sign for female anger. Raising one fist beneath his chin, she pointed one finger up at him. “I don't appreciate the way you said that, Miroku, and I am not a little girl, so don't address me as one!” She continued to walk.
 
Miroku grinned and caught her easily, grabbing her over her arms and turning to press her in to a tree. Lifting her arms above her head, Miroku tilted his own head down so that it lay passively against her forehead. But that was the only passive part of him. His hips pressed hers, pinning her helpless between hard oak and harder man. His grin stayed on his face as he rocked his hips against hers, imatating what he could do, what he would do to her if they didn't have a stitch of clothing on. “Kagome. . . I never, ever have thought of you as a child. . .” Miroku pressed against her harder, and, despite her resolve not to, Kagome's breathing quickened when his chest touched hers. “. . . but you need to know that I. . .” Miroku paused here, searhing fo rthe right word. “. . . care for you. A lot. A lot a lot. Probably more than I have ever cared for anyone else.” Miroku pressed his lips to her forehead.

Kagome arched beneath him. “Huh. . . that's weird. I care a lot a lot for you too.”
 
Miroku's hips stopped moving, but the pressure and erection remained. “You aren't falling for me, are you?”
 
Kagome looked away, not answering.
 
Miroku grinned and exerted even more pressure against her, causing her head to snap back up to his, narrowly missing his chin.
 
“You know, Kagome, to me, there are three stages in a relationship.” Miroku waited to see if she would say anything, but at her silence he continued. “First, you like somebody. Then you care for them. A lot a lot. Then you. . .” Miroku pressed his lips against her forehead, cheek, and lower lip. “. . . love them.”
 
Kagome felt her lips part of their own accord, the bodies way of submissing, inviting, but if Miroku knew that she had done it, he didn't take advantage. But he did take a tiny bite of that lower lip, pulling it in to his mouth as if it were something to be savored, like a fine wine or a good movie with friends.
 
“I've liked you since I meet you. No, before that. I liked you when I saw you washing Shippo's hair in the hot springs.” Miroku told her as he worked his way down her chin to her neck, then collar bone.
 
It surprised Kagome that she proccessed his words as fast as she did. “Saw me bathing him?” She asked, not completely sure of what he meant in her mind fogged by lust.
 
Miroku um-hmmed. “Yeah. I thought you were an angel. . . how odd that you were caring for a demon child. . .” Miroku held her hands with one of his as the other allowed itself free reign of her body. “What to my surprise when I saw you the next day, riding on a bike that wouldn't exist for centuries.”
 
Kagome mewled when his cursed hand found her right breast. “Miroku. . .” Kagome moaned.
 
“I began to care about you almost immediately after that. Cute. . .” He kissed her collar bone. “. . . funny. . .” he kissed the hem of her kimono. “. . . smart. . .” His teeth scrapped over it, preparing to drag it down.
 
Kagome shook her head slowly. “No. . .” she murmmered.
 
Miroku's head shot up to hers, desperate for her to take the word back. Desperate for her to see his desperation, his need to show her all the things she hadn't yet seen.
 
“No. . . I'm not smart.” Kagome whispered, shoulders shaking as she tried in vain to not cry.
 
Miroku's mind fled from seduction in that moment. He released her hands and cupped her face with both of his hands, thumbs brushing away any tears that they came in contact with. “Kagome, who would convince you that you aren't smart, hmm? `Cuz the way I see it is that you are very smart. Who would tell you you aren't?”
 
Kagome sniffled. “Inuyasha.”
 
Miroku stiffened. Inuyasha. . . would he always be between Kagome and him? Miroku entertained the thought that someday he might hate Inuyasha more, much more, than he did Naraku.
 
“Kagome. . . Inuyasha is a neanderthal. He never went to school. He never took any tests, and Kagome-chan,” Miroku said, stroking her lower lips sinfully, “Inuyasha was never, ever in the ninteth percentile.”
 
Kagome smiled and nodded. “Thank you, Miroku.” She said as she pulled away from him.
 
They walked in silence to the village, and spent the better part of the day conning people out of their wares by performing exorcisms.
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
They arrived back at camp shortly after night fall. Kagome was relieved to not have to wear the heavy fabric. Instead, she wore a yukata that skimmed her ankles, over laying a warriors costume much like Sango's. She would have preferred a miko's garb, but nobody seemed to have one, so she took what she could.
 
But she was no where near as relieved as Miroku, who seemed to have come to the conclusion that now that he was back in men's clothing, he could now fully devote himself to the task of seducing Kagome. Kagome, however, felt more empowered by her warriors garb and was trying with some success to ignore his constant sexual banter.
 
“Megumi-san, we are back!” Kagome said as she unwrapped the wrap-around bag filled with herbs, a gift from one of the houses she and Miroku had “exorcised.”
 
When there was no answer, Kagome turned to Miroku, who was staring pointedly at the ground. “Miroku, where is Megumi-san? You don't think she would just leave us, do-“
 
“Kagome. . . get behind me.” Miroku demanded as he put his hands on his beads, ready to tear them off at a moments notice.
 
It was then that Kagome looked to the ground. Paint? She wondered as she stared at the red trail, until realization hit her. Not paint. . . blood. . . buckets and buckets of blood. . . Her gaze quickly followed the trail, all the way to the opposite end of the clearing, where some trees had been crashed in.
 
“Megumi!” Kagome screamed as she took off at a dead run.
 
“Kagome! No! Get back!” Miroku yelled as he took off after her. But Kagome couldn't hear him. She couldn't hear anything over the sound of her heart beating wildly in her chest, and the words running through her head over and over again like a mantra. Please don't be dead. Please don't be dead Pleasedontbedeadpleasedontbedead!
 
Kagome crashed through the thick foliage and chraged on through a blood soaked path. Trees were knocked down everywhere, bushes crushed, and the imprint of a body the siz and shape of a dragons. Kagome ran and ran and ran, and just when she thought that her legs couldn't move any longer. . .
 
Kagome entered another clearing and froze in shock. No. . .
 
For there, lying with her wings pining her to the ground, lay Megumi, skinned and beheaded, never to fly again.
 
Kagome heard some one scream. It wasn't until much later that she realized it was her own.
 
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
 
 
 
 
One by one, the spiders we killed. . .
 
Younger brother, we shouldn't say that poem. . . Naraku is of the spider demon. . . we wouldn't want to offend our sponser, now, would we?
 
What song should we sing to celebrate, brother?
 
I am not sure, younger brother. I have never heard what songs the dragon slayers sing once they complete their tasks. . .
 
Do you think that anything special will happen, seeing as we slayed the dragon?
 
You know I don't believe in things like that. . .
 
Of course, brother. . .
 
 
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()