InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Onigo: A Naraku/Kikyou fic ❯ The Reason for a New Creation ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Onigo: A Naraku/Kikyo fic

Told by Naraku's POV

Ch.1 The Reason for a New Creation

"Kikyo must die." I avowed, my lips subconsciously forming a most undesirable scowl.

I looked down at my reflection beneath me. A beautiful face…with a terrible soul behind it. `Well…I thought…several souls.' Running a nail across my cheek, I smiled for a moment and then realized something. All this, this body, this power…everything I did for her. When I had made that decision, I didn't quite know whether I loved her, or just wanted one night with the miko. But as I am now this monstrosity in my new body, my feelings for…anyone are no longer capable of forming. Or at least…that's what I thought. I glance over at Kagura, sitting silently on her knees awaiting my next demand. Her scowl tells me that, as usual, she's angry as hell. Usually that amuses me. But not tonight. Sitting back against the smooth trunk of the large tree I was resting under, I remembered the event…

I smiled as I heard his swift footsteps. Inuyasha was on his way; most likely traveling with his lackeys as well. As usual I was prepared to show off my power and flee. But I wasn't in the best of moods either. Being hannyou required me to sleep a lot more than any demon and I was tired. Going 4 days without any was taking its toll on me and this made me long for the Shikon jewel even more. Suddenly, a harsh voice caught my ears.

"Naraku!!!"

Impertinent pup.

"Ah…Inuyasha…nice to see you." I said with a smile.

"Shut up you bastard! Time to die! Tetsusaiga!!!!" Inuyasha cried out, ripping his sword from its sheath.

The battle worked just as I knew it would. He would slash at me blindly, and the others would panic. It was perfect. Until…

An arrow whizzed through the air and lodged itself in my chest. I gasped out in pain. This was a purified arrow…

"Naraku!"

No…not now. Not her.

I grimaced as I saw Kikyo's form emerge from the forest. Had Inuyasha called her here? Were they all trying to fight me? Fair enough. I'll hold back a little and let them believe they're winning for a bit. But what brought Kikyo here?

"…Kikyo?" Inuyasha stammered at seeing his love.

He ran towards her, his arms open wide.

"Inuyasha…stay back. Please…" Kikyo pleaded, holding her hand out to stop him.

I was curious. I knew she loved him and she knew I was aware of this as well. So she wouldn't be trying to hide things from me. Something was amiss and I was intent to know what it was.

"Inuyasha I will meet with you later. My business is with Naraku."

Hmm…this would be amusing.

"Alright. If you wish we can leave this place. I would rather not try and fight with the hannyou and speak with you at the same time. It gets tiring." I mused with a hint of a smile.

She nodded and I enshrouded us both in black mist. I watched as she gave a wistful stare at Inuyasha before we completely disappeared into a world of mist. My heart beat slightly inclined. I had decided to chance a meeting with her in the flesh. It would be…interesting to see if she tried to kill me.

"So…what is your request?" I asked impatiently.

Kikyo glanced away from me.

"I am… somewhat bothered over something my sister Kaede has expressed to me." she said, her voice filled with sadness as always.

"Oh?" I started.

"I wanted to know if it was true that when you gained your new body…that you lost all your emotions. I would like that very much for myself."

My eyes widened. This didn't seem like Kikyo.

"Yes I did lose all emotion. And why would this appeal to you?" I asked.

She sighed sadly. "Because…of Inuyasha. I don't want to feel anything for him anymore. So I would like to take your shards in order to do this. And I will be able to, now that I have you cornered."

I smiled and let out a chuckle. She couldn't kill me. I knew that. Suddenly she reached a hand into her gi and pulled out a small dagger. I curiously wondered what she was up to. Tilting my head to one side I watched in shock as she raised the dagger about a foot away…from her own stomach. Suddenly a scene flashed across my mind…

*******

"No…I don't want to impose a burden on you Kikyo, or you either Kaede. But I am thankful for your help. I just wish I could do something." I muttered with a sneer.

Only I knew what I really wanted to do…

Well, now that I think back on it, I think she knew. But she put up with me anyways.

"Here you are; some cold water."

Her enchanting voice was all it took for me to smile. I pictured her vividly in my mind as my eyes closed. Pretending to have fallen asleep for a second, I heard her call out to me gently.

"Onigumo. Onigumo?"

I couldn't help but imagine her calling out to me…for other reasons…

Back then, I was bordering on insanity and that tempting body of hers made my situation worse. But she was always so kind to me, regardless of my sick fantasies about us.

*******

If Kikyo let herself die…

Without even knowing, my hand reached out to her and grabbed the knife, the steel blade pressing hard into my bare palm. I knew it wouldn't cut me; the edge was too dull. Wait a minute…too dull to cut through my hand…

It would have been too dull for Kikyo to use for suicide.

"So I see. Kaede was wrong. Your emotions do interfere with your plans." and with that, she walked away, through my barrier of mist.

For a few seconds I was too dumbfounded to do anything. What had happened? Why had I tried to save Kikyo? Slithering away from the site, I trudged on through the forest, thinking hard on everything that had happened. This emotion I felt for Kikyo had to be eliminated. I would kill Kikyo, and the only way to do that was to completely destroy any feelings for her.

…So now that night, I sat pondering how I would go about this, when suddenly an idea struck me. It came as a shock as I was brooding over in a corner of my palace when Kagura rushed in. She attacked me with her Ryuujin no Mai and all it took was one clutch at her heart. The woman stopped and fell to her knees. Kagura, my most annoying servant, completely under my control. That always made me smile. And then I wondered. What if I could bridle my emotions just as I could control her? Carefully I lifted my tired form and slithered out from my castle once again. I gave a twisted smirk. This new body was so much more powerful, but I did miss my legs. Looking down at my hands, I slowly raised an arm to my chest and ran a nail across. This would be painful…Pointing all of my fingers forward, I plunged my hand into my chest, just above my stomach. Warm blood spurted from the wound and splashed my face. I closed my eyes, indulging in the scent and taste. But the pain! The wound itself caused little pain compared to the realization of what I'd just done. With my hand inside my body, I clasped a handful of muscle. I was too angry to not have done this. I was too determined to do this for tears. My hand quivering, I brought the piece of my body from the wound and cast it into the pool of water before me. This one piece would contain my emotions. I hoped it worked.