InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Open Eyes: Epiphany ❯ Open Eyes: Epiphany ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

A/n: This is not something I normally write, but at the request of a friend of mine, who’s name shall be unmentioned because she knows who she is. A short vignette-like piece of Kagomes enlightenment to the Kikyou/Inuyasha thing.

Summary: She could finally see. Why they could never be together, why they were never meant to be. It took her awhile, but now she sees.

Disclaimer: I don’t own Inuyasha.

*Open Eyes: Epiphany*

By: Kage Otome


She could finally see, finally understand and most importantly, finally accept it. It took her a while but now she saw. She saw what he saw. What he felt. And there was nothing she could, would do to change that. How could she? She loved him. And his heart lay with her.

Kikyou.

And she understood now. Standing there in that clearing, watching them watch her, wait for her condemnation. But she couldn’t. She couldn’t hate him, or her. She couldn’t feel bitter or angry. Just a soft sentiment emotion, empathic.

They who’s love was cut short. He who was willing to give up his demonic half, for her. And she who died for duty. She who was bound by duty and unwilling to allow her duty to corrupt her. Both caught up in betrayals swift blades. And neither willing to admit, that maybe, they were wrong. That maybe, they should have listened to what their heart told them. Not their mind. Not what they saw. But what the felt, what the knew. And perhaps their love was weak then.

But not now.

And not ever again.

So she forced a smile. It didn’t matter that she understood, it still hurt. But she knew, oh she knew now. She saw, with open eyes; the beauty of love. Quietly embracing the couple turned and walked away, not once looking back. But isn’t that a part of love, looking to the future, not the past. Learning to forgive and forget. To move on. Isn’t it all apart of love? It was. And watching them walk off into the sunset, like something out of a dream she thought.

‘Will that ever be me?’