InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pain, Safety, Smiles ❯ Pain, Safety, Smiles ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Pain, Safety, Smiles

AN:
T. MIKO: Gomen readers, but since I just started typing this fic, It'll (obviously) be short for a while. And I REFUSE to say when I think it'll be edited, seeing as how I know what happens when a person does THAT!! **stares at Kaerobiten**
KAEROBITEN: **puts down flamethrower**WHATT!!! I TOLD YOU, I WAS GROUNDED!!!!! **picks up flamethrower and turns back to voodoo doll**
DOLL: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! HELP MEEE!!!
T. MIKO: **sweats** uh huh... ANYWAYS, I'll be doing some stuff, and most likely I'll be grounded again for a while, so I dont want to say keep your hopes up. **turns to Kaerobiten** I think I need a hobby...
Kaerobiten: **looks up from voodoo doll**Nah, getting grounded's got you busy enough. Hm... should I poke it with a dagger, or inject it with snake venom...?
DOLL: **sweats**
T.MIKO: DAGGER!!!!! **chases Kaerobiten** GIMMEGIMMEGIMME!!!!!!!!
DOLL: .... oO' .... **hides under floorboards**
TM: **returns with dagger and an unconscious Kaerobiten** I would say on with the story, but you know it's coming anyways!!
Kaerobiten: **wakes up, rubbing temples** dont... forget the disclai-- **gets cut off by flaming arrows** KYAAAH!! **dives under floorboards** Hey, VOODOO!!!!!
TM: heh... **looks over shoulder at bulky thugs** o_o' ... **sigh** I do not own any Inuyasha characters. **evil grins** but someday I-- **glances back at thugs who crack knuckles** I MEAN NEVER!!! **grumble grumble**

Prologue ~ An everyday life

'How is it that I always end up in these situations!?' A young girl, no older than seventeen in appearance, picked up her pace as the footsteps behind her grew louder and more hurried. Tying her waistlength black hair so that it wouldn't blind her in the inevitable fight that was to come, she allowed her dark grey orbs to assess the situation: seven fooball player-like males, eighteen or nineteen years old, no visible weapons(but who could tell) and no way out except to defeat all of these jailer lookalikes. As soon as she entered a one-way alley, she stopped and whirled to face her opponents.
"Hey, Kaoriten." The leader of this group stressed her name," looks like I've finally got you cornered. Think you'll regret turning me down now?" with a sneer, the head lump glanced at his cronies, who finally took the hiny and made -desperate- attempts at evil cackles. Kaoriten cocked her head and smirked. "You know I don't trust guys, Jorekoto. And just so you know, this really isn't a turn-on..." she finished in a mocking whisper. Despite the fact that she was surrounded by seven or more lackeys, Kaoriten was actually enjoying herself.
With a girly warcry, Jorekoto galloped towards kaoriten, launching a fist at her face. Kneeling swiftly, Kaoriten avoided the punch and sent a combat boot at the back of his leg, hitting just below the knee joint, disabling Jorekoto. As he fell, she stood and kneed him in the face. 'One down,' she mused grimly. Three of the jocks, upon seeing their leader fall, left so quickly it looked as if a mexican bull had stumbled into the alley. 'Okaaay... make that four down...' With three goons left, it seemed like a much fairer fight. As two of the boys lunged at her, Kaoriten positioned her feet and jumped. High. Tucking her feet under her body, she grabbed the two boys by the necks and bashed their already speeding heads together. Before she landed, though, a plank of wood connected with her temple, knocking her unconscious.
---------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------
After limping the three blocks to her house, Kaoriten stopped. 'Is he home...' she thought, as the claws of fear creeped up her spine. Praying thet her father was out drinking again, she warily slipping up to the front door, she warily slipped up to the front door and stepped inside.
He was there.