InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Pandora's Box ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I do not Own any characters associated with Inu Yasha, nor do I make any profit from these stories.
Reviews are appreciated
FFD
 
 
Pandora's Box
 
It was so beautiful, but never to be opened, that much she new. The box itself held so much mystery and magic that the elaborate carvings on the exterior seemed to glow with their own fire. Why it was never to be opened she was unsure, it did not seem that it should never be opened, after all, there was no locking mechanism on the box, at least none that could be seen from the outward appearance. Was it possible that it was some sort of trap? That some horror would spring up from the ground and crush anyone who attempted to peek at the wondrous treasures it just had to contain? The box itself was so large that it must hold something of tremendous value.
Why was this box hidden in the shadows? Clearly something as beautiful and unique should be displayed proudly, a true testament to the artisan that commissioned it, as well as the wealth of the owner who possessed it; what an enigma. She went about her business, trying to perform her duties with the precision that she was known for, without letting her eyes stray once again to the ornate box in the corner.
Time passed, the curiosity grew, surely no one would notice her if she just took a quick peek. How was she to know that she would set events into motion that would change the world forever? The room was absolutely silent, although if she listened carefully, she could make out some of the other sounds that were common in the household. Checking her surroundings once again to make absolutely sure that she was alone, and that there was no one that could disturb her, she set her things aside and knelt in front of the box. She traced more of the detailing along the lid of the box, admiring the care that had been worked into it, and the hours it must have taken to complete. Her fingertips traced the lip slowly, making sure there was no outside catch to keep the lid shut. Finding nothing she gently applied pressure to the lid, pulling her face close to the opening. Just a peek, that's all she told herself she needed.
She gasped as light seeped out of the crack, she had to see more. Pushing harder the lid slipped open another inch, when suddenly she was hit with a wave of fear, sorrow, despair and anger. She did not expect to see a single candle burning with in the hollow of the box, she did not expect to see a flash of some strange, heavy, red material, and she certainly did not expect to see a pair of small golden eyes under a shock of white hair peering back at her.
She did not expect that telling her lord what she had found in Lady Izayoi's bedroom would ultimately lead to the execution of her lady. She did not expect the Lady Izayoi to beg for the life of her son, a life that her father told her to end years ago. She did not expect that her position as a lady's maid would be demoted to kitchen help. She did not expect on having to help the half-breed child escape from the palace. She did not expect to live to see that a small outcast, orphaned half-breed child survive; thus fulfilling his destiny killing both evil humans and youkai and saving the both races from one of the greatest evils the world had ever seen.
Generations later, her descendents excepted the fact that the tolerance gap between humans and demons was bridged because of what curiosity had done; when their ancestor opened a forbidden box.
~The End~