InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Paradox: The Power of Letting Go ❯ Love Makes the Ride Worthwhile ( Epilogue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: InuYasha is owned by Rumiko Takahashi/Shogakukan Inc. and Viz Media.
Story and all original characters created are owned by me.
 
 
 
Epilogue
 
-x-x-x-x-
 
 
 
Love doesn't make the world go `round.
Love makes the ride worthwhile.
- Franklin P. Jones
 
 
 
There was one thing bothering Yash Takahashi: the fact that he saw his wife in their tree with another man. He just couldn't get that image out of his head, so he decided that it was time to erase that particular memory and replace it with one of his own. He took Kagome over to her mother's for dinner, and Mama smiled knowingly at them. Once dinner was over, he excused the both of them.
 
He led a protesting Kagome out into the night air. She fussed and complained about being tired and not wanting to walk. He teased her about her lack of balance.
 
She huffed and objected. After all, she thought she did pretty well considering she was seven months pregnant.
 
He carefully leaped up into the Goshinboku with Kagome in his arms.
 
The young woman protested slightly, but trusted in her husband. She knew he would never let her fall.
 
He settled back against the tree and cuddled Kagome on his lap, one arm resting around her waist, the other lovingly rubbing her stomach. The gentle heartbeat of their son resonated reassuringly through the thin, cotton material. He sighed contently. All was well. His wife who was pregnant with their child was on his lap in their tree.
 
Kagome leaned her head against InuYasha's shoulder. Comfortable and sated, she absently winded a strand of his hair between her fingers. “You know, InuYasha, there's a saying…”
 
“Hmmm….” The hanyou mumbled a non-committal reply. He was too busy nuzzling her and placing light nips and kisses along her neck.
 
“If you love someone, set them free. If they come back to you, it was meant to be.” Kagome had her eyes closed as she savoured the warm lips moving across her skin, but she slowly opened them as she said, “You came back to me, and I came back to you, so it was meant to be, don't you think?” Her voice was filled with all the love that was in her heart.
 
Lifting his head, InuYasha smiled tenderly down at her. The moon reflected the love in his golden gaze. “Silly wench, what do you think?” he asked huskily before he caught her lips in a soft, sweet kiss.
 
 
 
 
-x-x- The End -x-x-
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Well, that's the end of my very first fan fic. Honestly, I never meant to write one, but this story was just rattling around in my mind, itching to get out, and I'm so glad that it did. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. I know the ending was a bit of a cliché, but what can I say? I'm a real romantic at heart, and there was no other way this could have ended for me.
 
I was blown away with the amount of reviews and feedback that I received. I never expected to get the response that I did. A great BIG THANKS to everyone who took the time to leave a review. Thanks for reading!
 
A/N: May 3/08
In editing my story, I've lost all my responses to the reviews. I apologize whole-heartedly.