InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Parents ❯ Frustration ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: My first Inuyasha Fanfiction in a while! -^^- I'm going to do a romance one with my uber awesome charry Kuzume! Mmkay, let's get the technical stuff out of the way…
 
 
Author: Kuzume Moriyama (that's me! :heart:)
Email: shippos_sister_kuzume@yahoo.com
Rating: T
Warnings: Suggestive themes, language, fluff
Pairings: Sesshomaru/OC, maybe some other small ones
Summary: When Sesshomaru's father died, he was left with Inuyasha. On a stroke of kindness, Sesshomaru takes the infant hanyou back to the castle. But, dealing with Inuyasha proves to be more than he can handle, so he hires a healer from the Eastern lands to help him, and finds out a little about parenting, and a lot about love…

Disclaimer: Alas, I am in no way, shape, or form related to the wonderful creation by Rumiko Takahashi known as Inuyasha. Only Kuzume my uber awesome fox demon. But her brother, Shippo, doesn't belong to me either. God, I really need a life… *wanders off*
 
That seems right. Anyways, I may not be able to update often due to school, but I'll try to update this along with my other fanfics often. =3 Now, onto Chapter one…
 
Chapter 1:
Frustration
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
~*~ 2 A.M. - Citadel of the Western Lands ~*~
 
A baby's wail rang through the once peaceful quiet of the citadel. “Lord Sesshomaru!” a female servant cried, knocking on the door. “Lord Inuyasha's crying again!” she called urgently. “I can hear that. Shut. Him. Up.” The servant wrung the edge of her apron nervously. “B-But, sir, he's-” “I don't CARE. Shut the stupid creature up before I toss him out the window,” came the low growl from the other side of the door. “Milord, he wants YOU.” The door flew open and Sesshomaru stalked out, his eyes glowing.
 
“Can't that stupid bastard wait until a decent hour?” he asked through gritted teeth. “I'm very sorry, milord, but he considers you his fa-” The look the taiyoukai gave her shut her up instantly and then he proceeded to head to the screaming infant's room. When he reached it, Inuyasha was sitting upright in his crib, flailing his hands in the air and had his head tilted back and his mouth stretched as wide as it would go. Two servants scurried around him, trying to calm him by giving him little toys or by cooing to him.
 
He didn't stop wailing until Sesshomaru picked him up by the back of his pajamas. He then started crying softly, stretching his arms towards Sesshomaru's face. He sniffled, his little white ears twitching. “Shut up and go to sleep,” Sesshomaru demanded, and Inuyasha stopped. The servants sighed, taking Inuyasha from Sesshomaru's grip and setting him down into the crib, where he started bawling again. Sesshomaru groaned inwardly, wondering why none of his servants had the ability to shut up a crying hanyou as he turned around to another hour and a half of sleepless darkness.
 
~*~ Next Morning ~*~
 
“Jakken.” The small green imp in question turned towards his master who was currently being splattered with baby food as Inuyasha giggled and slapped his hands on the mess in his lap, further spraying the green goo everywhere. “Yes, milord?” he asked. “Find someone to handle this child by the end of the day, or I will have to retest my Tensaiga to ensure it is working at full capacity.” Jakken shivered. “Y-Yes sir!” and he scurried off.
 
Sesshomaru glared at the white haired child who grinned a toothless grin at his older brother, and held out his hands. “Ghrrybbbhhhaaaa!!” he squealed joyfully, waving his hands in the air. He clenched his fists as the servant from last night walked in, carrying Sesshomaru's breakfast. She almost dropped it when she saw the scene before her. “Oh! Um, Lord Sesshomaru, I have your…breakfast…” she said softly, placing the food down before she rushed over to Inuyasha, trying to clean him up.
 
Sesshomaru rubbed off the green mess off his cheek and tried to dismiss the infant as he ate his breakfast. Once the demon lord had finished, he stood, giving his half-brother a glare before turning on his heel and walking out of the dining room. Jakken watched as several large birds fly out the door carrying messages, and the imp a breathed a sigh of relief. He noticed Sesshomaru and jumped. “Oh, milord! The messages have been sent and should arrive back by this evening with answers,” he stuttured, and Sesshomaru continued walking, pleased Jakken could do something right for once.
 
~*~ (In a village 200 miles from the citadel) ~*~
 
“Lady Moriyama!” cried a young girl, and the village healer turned, her emerald eyes glowing with light humor. “Yes, Riko?” she replied calmly, a smile lifting the edges of her lips as she looked down at one of her favorite students. Riko sniffled and held up her finger where a splinter was poking out. The healer chuckled, bending down. “Riko, you should be more careful when you practice with the staffs,” she scolded lightly, waving a hand over her finger before pulling the splinter out. She tapped the small hole with her finger, and it closed.
 
Riko grinned. “Thanks, Milady,” she thanked, and her mentor chuckled. “You know, I don't mind if you use my first name.” Riko cocked her head to the side. “Lady…Kuzume?” Kuzume nodded. “That's perfect.” Riko grinned wider. “Okay! Bye, Lady Kuzume.” Kuzume laughed, shaking her head. She ran a hand through her fiery red hair, tucking it behind her pointed ear, the hip-length hair falling behind her. Turning around, she continued on her way.
 
She stopped by several stores on her way home, and about two hours later, she arrived to a small hut near the center of the village. She unlocked the spell enhanced lock, and entered. Shelves lined the walls of the hut, and they were filled with spell books, books about different plants and potions, and hundreds upon hundreds of different herbs and potions. She set down her basket of food, waving her hand at the small lamp, and a small flame lit the entire room. She placed the food in cupboards in the kitchen, and finally sat down to read a book she had recently bought.
 
She was interrupted a few hours later when there was a light knock against her door. Standing up, she tied her hair back, ready for some kind of an injury, but when she opened the door, she saw the village's head standing there with a scroll. “Yes, sir?” she asked calmly, a little puzzled. The man handed her the scroll, sighing. “The Taiyoukai of the Western Lands needs assistance. He's calling for any person experienced with children, preferably a talented healer of sorts. I want to wait to see if another person will take the offer, because you are our only fully-trained healer…”
 
Kuzume looked over the scroll, nodding. “One of my students is almost ready. If the offer is still up when she has finished her training, I will go. If not, then it will just be ignored. Sound good?” she suggested, and the head smiled, relief evident in his face. “Alright. Good day, Lady Kuzume.” Kuzume nodded. “And yourself, sir.” She closed the door and set the scroll down on her table. “The Taiyoukai needs help with a child? That should be interesting,” she thought aloud, eyeing the scroll as she picked up her book. “I may take up that offer…”
 
~*~(Back at the citadel, later that night)~*~
 
Sesshomaru was sitting at his desk, going through the mounds of paperwork that never seemed to end when a knock on the door interrupted his work. “Come in,” he growled, and Jakken nervously entered. Sesshomaru looked up. “Did you find someone?” Jakken nodded, and an eldery woman came scuttling in. Sesshomaru immediately recognized the foul scent. It was a human. “This is all that was available?” he asked, though stoic, it was clear that the choice was not what he had wanted.
 
The woman raised her chin. “Just because I am human does not make me incapable, Milord,” she snapped, and Sesshomaru looked into her eyes. “Do not talk out of turn, wench. You should learn your place.” The woman stamped her foot. “And you should learn yours, Milord. Remember who is the one in need of service.” Sesshomaru walked up to the woman, his temper rising, but his face still impassive. “You should also know who wields more strength. Do not test my patience.” The woman exhaled sharply and nodded curtly. “Forgive me, milord. May I see the child? It seems he is crying.”
 
The loud wail was answer enough. “Go.” With that, Jakken led the woman out, and closed the door. `How suitable, an inconsiderate old fool who is bound to die any day.' Sesshomaru sat down at his desk, and hoped that the woman would be of some use.
 
~*~(1 Month Later, Citadel)~*~
 
A servant came running up, out of breath. Sesshomaru looked at the young boy, who was nervous and jumpy. “L-L-Lord Sesshomar-ru…the woman who was taking care of Inuyasha just collapsed. She's had a heart attack!” the boy explained. Sesshomaru sighed. “Is she dead?” The boy looked a little surprised. “Y-Yes.” Sesshomaru exhaled as Jakken came running up. “Lord Sesshomaru! Are you going to use your Tenseiga?!” Sesshomaru glared at the imp. “She is too old, she won't last much longer anyhow. Look for a new caretaker.” Jakken nodded and ran off to get the messenger birds. Sesshomaru waved the servant away and the servant sprinted off.
 
~*~ (Next Day, Several Miles away from Kuzume's Village)~*~
 
“Lady Kuzume! I found it!” yelled a young woman, and Kuzume turned, seeing her apprentice crouching down in some brush nearby. She jogged over behind her, smiling as she saw the pale yellow flower in between a patch of ferns. “Thank you, Terra. Do you remember how to extract the nectar without…” “Killing the plant, I know.” Kuzume laughed and rested her hand on Terra's shoulder. The blonde murmured a spell under her breath, and a dark blue liquid rose out of the plant like a snake out of the basket.
 
Kuzume pulled out a jar, holding it underneath the liquid where it fell in. She closed it and helped Terra up. “Well, that's it. Let's head back.” Terra nodded, and they picked up their jars and jumped onto a tree branch. “Ready?” Terra asked, grinning. Kuzume grinned back. “Ready.” “3…” Terra counted. “2…” Kuzume replied. “1!” the yelled together, and began sprinting back to the village. Kuzume arrived a few seconds ahead of Terra, both of them skidding to a halt just outside the village, out of breath. Kuzume chuckled. “You're getting better, but you still haven't beat me.”
 
Terra stuck her tongue out, and they headed back to Kuzume's medical center. “So, Lady Kuzume, when do I finally get promoted?” Terra asked as Kuzume handed her the jars and she put them up. “Oh, I don't know, how about now?” Terra dropped a jar, but quickly caught it before it hit the ground. Kuzume's eyes glowed. “I'd say that little stunt just confirms it. Conratulations, Lady Terra.” Terra put the herb down and hugged Kuzume. “This is awesome!! I can't believe it!!” she exclaimed, and Kuzume laughed, leaning back.
 
“Mhm. I'd say after 20 years of training that you qualify. But this place, everything here, it's yours.” Terra gasped again, her hands covering her mouth. “Really?! Oh my God!!! Thank you soooo much!!!” Terra hopped up and down, spinning around twice before turning back to Kuzume. “So I'm going to own this place?! All on my own! And you could come in and help sometime, right?” she asked, beaming. Kuzume sighed, her grin faltering. “If it's a big emergency I might be able to, yeah.”
 
Terra stopped, not getting what Kuzume was saying. “Wait, Lady Kuzume…you're not…leaving, are you?” Kuzume shrugged. “Unfortunately, yes.” Horror slid over Terra's features, and she shook her head vigorously. “No! Lady Kuzume, you can't!! I don't think I'm ready! I don't want you to leave! Where are you gong?! Why?!” she cried, but Kuzume raised her hands. “Terra, Terra! The Taiyoukai needs someone to take care of his brother, and I've been requested to go. I need to do this, Terra. And you ARE ready. I've been training you for 20 years, and you've been training others for 5 and a half.
 
“You can do this, and I'll be writing to you and I'll visit you once a year. You'll be fine.” Tears slid down Terra's face, and she shook her head again, hugging Kuzume once again. Kuzume sighed and hugged her back. “I'll be back once Lord Inuyasha is old enough to take care of himself or Lord Sesshomaru dismisses me. But don't worry, it'll be okay. You're a strong woman, Terra.” Terra cried harder. “No I'm not…” she murmured, burying her face in Kuzume's shirt. Kuzume smoothed out Terra's hair. “Yes you are. You survived twenty-five years with me, you have to be.”
 
The two laughed weakly and Kuzume leaned back, wiping the tears from Terra's face. “Now don't cry. This isn't the last time we'll see each other, I promise.” Terra nodded, rubbing her eyes with her sleeve. “If you don't write, I'm going to kill you,” she mumbled, and Kuzume laughed. “I will. Now let's get some dinner, cuz I'm starving.” Terra chuckled and nodded, and together, they went to get dinner.
 
~*~ (Next morning, Village)~*~
 
Kuzume slung her backpack over her shoulder, thanking God she knew a spell to make the load lighter, or she'd break her back. She took one last look around her home and shut the lights off, closing the door. She locked it, turning around. The entire village had gathered to see her off. Smiling, she walked up to them. Riko and all of her students ran up, hugging her legs. “Are you sure you have to leave, Lady Kuzume?” they asked, all of them sniffling. Kuzume chuckled, ruffling their hair. “Yes, but I'll be back in a year, and I'll write to you guys, promise.”
 
The kids backed up, looking at Kuzume while wiping their eyes. She turned to look at the older people, and they bid her farewell. The head of the village walked up, carrying a small red box. “This was from the adults of the village. Akane just came back with it today.” Kuzume opened the box and let out a gasp. She held up the necklace. The chain was made out of a rare black metal found in the edges of the Eastern Lands and silver laced together, and the gem was an emerald. Kuzume looked up at them. “You shouldn't have. This is…it's beautiful…” Kuzume whispered, admiring the necklace.
 
“It's for everything you've done for us. You've been so gracious, and after saving us so many times from sickness and other demons. And you've taught our children so much, this is the least we could do.” Kuzume shrugged, smiling. She stepped forward and hugged the head. “I won't forget you, and I promise to be back as soon as I can. Terra is now a qualified healer, and she will take my place. But I have to leave if I want to get there any time soon. I'd hate for the Taiyoukai to get irritated with me on my first day.”
 
The adults chuckled, and Kuzume waved her hand, turning after putting on her necklace. Everyone waved, and Terra ran forward. “Wait!! Kuzume!!” Kuzume turned, and Terra hugged Kuzume extremely hard. Then, everyone joined in and it became a group hug. “I'll be back,” she promised, and then disappeared.
 
~*~(Noon, Citadel)~*~
 
“Jakken.” The demanding, powerful voice always scared the imp. He turned around, knowing that the cool glow in Sesshomaru's eyes wasn't good. “Y-Yes, Lord Sesshomaru?” he replied meekly. “Where is the healer? You said she would be here.” Jakken shivered. “Y-Yes sir, that's what she said.” Sesshomaru gripped the hilt of his sword. “Then what is taking so long?” Jakken jumped. “I don't know! I'll go see if she's arrived yet…” As if on cue, there was a knock on the door. A servant opened the door and Sesshomaru turned to look at the woman.
 
He could smell human, and he instantly was distasteful, but it was obvious she wasn't. Her long fiery red hair was pulled back into a half-ponytail, a few strands hung on either side of her face, almost hiding her pointed ears. Her emerald eyes held an intelligent yet youthful glow. She was wearing a white lace-up V-neck shirt that had sleeves that went to her elbows. She had a black tang top underneath the shirt that concealed a little bit more of her noticeable cleavage. Resting just above her shirt was a necklace that looked to be made of black and silver metals, and it looked as if it had an emerald on the end. She had on loose, black low-rise pants and had a bag slung over her shoulder. Around her waist was a belt with several dark brown pouches attached. She bowed her head towards him as she stepped inside.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru, I presume. My name is Kuzume Moriyama. I am the woman you have hired to care for Lord Inuyasha.” Sesshomaru was pleased that she was a demon, and at least a fit, trained, respectful woman. He lifted his chin and Kuzume walked in. “You have been around humans…” Kuzume stopped in midstep. “Yes, milord, I was the head healer and mage of a human village. Because their susceptibility to disease is higher than ours, it increased my abilities as a healer as well as my students'.”
 
Sesshomaru looked to Jakken. “Show the woman to her room, and as soon as she is unpacked, see to it she is introduced Inuyasha,” Sesshomaru commanded and Jakken bowed in reply. “Yes, sir!” Kuzume was led down the hallway and Sesshomaru watched after her for a few seconds before turning to head back to his room. `Finally, someone I may be able to use.'
 
~*~(Inuyasha's Room, an hour and a half later)~*~
 
Kuzume walked into Inuyasha's room, seeing the infant sleeping like a rock in his crib. Kuzume stood over him, looking over him intently. One would imagine her looking at him like a mother would to a child, at least that's what Sesshomaru thought as he walked in. Kuzume recognized his aura as he walked in, but didn't break her gaze. “He looks pretty healthy, his skin tone is normal, his breathing is regular, and there's no deformity in his aura or physical appearance. I would like to do a full physical after dinner tonight.”
 
Sesshomaru nodded. “Alright.” He turned to leave, but stopped when Kuzume tapped her chin thoughtfully. “Did you ask specifically for a woman when you sent out the request?” Kuzume asked calmly, smiling a bit when Inuyasha gurgled in his sleep. “No. I would have preferred a male.” Kuzume snorted. “No wonder you need a caretaker…” she muttered, and Sesshomaru turned around sharply. “Excuse me?” he asked coolly. The healer blushed, finding an interesting piece of lint on the floor.
 
“Oh, well, it was just that would have confused Lord Inuyasha having two males attend to him. Usually you want to give off a parental atmosphere of opposite genders…” she replied, shrugging her shoulders just a bit, trying to hide her embarrassment. Sesshomaru inhaled deeply and then left. Kuzume let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. At the same time, Inuyasha woke up. Kuzume looked down at him, watching him stretch and move. He looked up at her with his big amber eyes, and Kuzume cooed. “Good afternoon, Inuyasaha-chan” she said in a sing-song voice, waving at him.
 
Inuyasha looked back up at her, his little ears twitching. “Grrrooogghhooo!” he giggled, reaching up to her. Kuzume smiled down at him, picking him up. He grinned and waved his arms up and down. Kuzume lifted him up into the air and spun him around once. Inuyasha squealed excitedly and Kuzume laughed in return, bringing him back down to hold him. Inuyasha reached up and pulled at Kuzume's nose. She chuckled, squeezing Inuyasha's nose lightly. He crossed his eyes, and Kuzume tickled his chin. He started laughing again, and Kuzume knew she was going to have a good time.
 
~*~ (That night)~*~
 
Kuzume stood with Sesshomaru as she gave Inuyasha one final look-over. “He's perfectly healthy. He's progressing just fine. Just keep an eye out for any unusual behavior. If you need to, I've put several books on various illnesses in his room.” Sesshomaru walked to the door. “Well, I won't have worry about that, now will I?” Kuzume looked up, not understanding Sesshomaru's point. “Wait a second. What do you mean?” Sesshomaru glanced over his shoulder. “I won't be seeing the little bastard except during meals- possibly.”
 
Kuzume took a step forward, infuriated. “Of course you will be! I'm not his mother, and I never intended to be! I came here to HELP take care of him, not adopt him. I came to help you learn how to properly raise him, that was IT! I will not be expected to do that by myself!” Kuzume growled, and Inuyasha looked scared and started sniffling. “And don't you DARE curse in front of him!” Sesshomaru unsheathed his sword, the blade just long enough to press into Kuzume's neck and she stiffened.
 
“I will do what I please, do not forget who I am, you despicable wench. You will not raise your voice in my presence.” Kuzume's gaze didn't soften but she was forced to back down. “I understand, milord, but at least consider my words. I-” The kitsune was cut off by a light squeal of a child ready to cry. She quickly turned her gaze towards the infant and ducked under the sword and picked up Inuyasha just as he started to wail. “Oh, Inuyasha-chan, it's alright,” she soothed softly, patting the hanyou's back tenderly. Sesshomaru lowered his sword, anger boiling inside of him. His gaze was cold, but the woman who his gaze was directed at took no notice, her full concern on the upset child.
 
Just as Inuyasha began to calm down, she turned her bold look towards Sesshomaru. She smiled softly down at Inuyasha. “Would you like to go to Lord Sesshomaru?” she asked in a sweet, loving voice, and Inuyasha giggled and flailed his arms at his older brother. Kuzume looked up at Sesshomaru pointedly and held out Inuyasha. Sesshomaru met her gaze. “I don't have time for this.” He turned around and walked out of the room. Inuyasha gargled lightly, wiggling his fingers a bit. Kuzume sighed, turning Inuyasha around and looking down at him softly.
 
“You poor child. Having to live with that mean Taiyoukai. Don't worry, we'll soften that hard heart of his.” Kuzume tickled Inuyasha's chin and he giggled, flapping his arms. Kuzume chuckled and sighed. “Yes, all we need is a little time.”
 
 
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
And that's the end of Chapter 1 =D Hope you Read and Review! For every 100 views I'll draw a pic and post it on my deviantart account: http://www.thevanillapiratenin.deviantart.com
 
And I'll be adding pics of my other stories on there, too. =)