InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Passionate Disputes ❯ Kiss & Make Up, True Confessions! ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kiss & Make Up, True Confessions!



Author's Notes: I'm sorry for those of you at FF.net here didn't get the previous chap on Wed. like I planned. That day, the internet was really slow and certain sites like FF.net wouldn't even load so I was outta luck that day. If I had my chap done earlier that day, it would have been up. I'm so sorry but it was out of my control. And for future reference, I do post this fic at 2 other sites but there was no way of anyone knowing that. Just check my profile out now in case this happens again so you know where to go if you thinks it's been too long since I lasted posted. Anyway, whatever the AN are in the previous chap, I'm leaving them the way they are. I don't feel like changin' em. Anyway, here's the next chap. I really like the title of this chap. I think it's gonna be my fav of this fic. First it was just "Kiss & Make Up!" but then skimming through the chap, "True Confessions" came to mind. I couldn't pick on or the other so I decided to combine both of them. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the chap. See ya'll later! Ja ne!



Kagome goes off to look for Inu Yasha in the forest. "INU YASHA!!! LOOK I'M SORRY, OKAY?!?!?" She starts crying hysterically. "Please Inu Yasha, *sniff* come back to me. Please! *sniff* I'm so sorry." She drops to her knees beside a tree and breaks down completely.

Meanwhile, Inu Yasha sits in a tree regretting the way he acted towards Kagome. 'I didn't mean be so harsh with her but that bitch should know damn well that I have a hard time to control my own temper, especially when she starts acting all idiotic like that. Why must she always make me mad all the time? *Sighs* Hmph! And no matter how many arguments we have, I still love her anyway. Why? Well because...she's kind, compassionate, angelic...geesh the list could go on. Okay! I'll forgive her again. This was not how I wanted things to be between us anyway. Remember, I was going to try to tell that I love her. But how? How do I show her?' Suddenly, he hears some whimpering near. After smelling it's scent, he knows it to be Kagome. 'That wench! I knew she'd follow after me eventually. It was just a matter of time. Shit! First thing, I gotta stop calling her names. She never appreciates that. *Sighs* It's gonna be a hard habit to break but I'll try for her. Then he jumps down from the tree was was perched upon and follows Kagome's scent until he finds her. "Kagome?" But she appears not to hear him so he takes pity on her. "Kagome, please look at me. Look, I'm sorry too. I over-reacted and didn't mean what I said, okay?" Kagome ceases her crying a bit then Inu Yasha hugs her from behind and nuzzles his head in her hair smelling her unique addictive scent. "Now will you please hear me out?"

"Uh-huh! *nods* Okay? But first I want you to know that I didn't mean what I said either. I just let my temper get the better of me for once." Inu Yasha chuckles and she whips her head around to look at him and snaps, "What's so damn funny?"

"Nothing!"

"Then why are you laughing at me?"

"I wasn't laughing at you. It...umm...it just seems like you were acting like me for once. I always let my temper get the best of me too except all the time. That's what I found so funny."

"Oh! I understand." She turns her head back and relaxes in his embrace. "Your right, it's funny. I usually never act like you. I guess you're rubbing off on me more than you think."

"Yeah, I guess."

"Anyway, you can explain yourself now."

"Good! Now I'm going to be honest with you. I really did miss you, ya know. It's just with you not being here, I went out of my mind. Actually, I went just about insane." Inu Yasha sobs a bit. "I missed you so much. You just have no idea how much I missed you."

"I missed you too Inu Yasha, with all my heart and soul. I would have come back a look sooner if I could. I'm so sorry I worried you. But you could have come and visited me, ya know. Hey, by the way, why didn't you?"

"Because if I did silly, I would have brought you back with me in an instant. Okay! I'll admit that I'm a stupid idiot. You're right. I should have done that. And whenever I was tempted to go to you, I would have definitely brought you back with me even against your own will."

"I wouldn't have minded."

"Yeah but Sango and Miroku talked me out of it saying to leave you alone. You'd come back when you were ready and that all I could do was give you time. I was only taking their advice."

"Oh!"

"But I did visit you once though."

Kagome dries the tears from her eyes then turns around in his embrace to face him fully. "You did!"

"Uh-huh! The very night after you left. I even missed you right away. After talking about you with Miroku, I just had to see you."

"Wait! You talked about me with Miroku? About what exactly?"

"Honestly, it's hard to remember since it was a month ago but it was his idea to go see you so he helped out in the end."

"Well then I'm very glad you two talked together about me then. As I look back now, I sorta remember, after I woke up that morning, feeling a presence of a demon or someone was around at some point during the night but the feeling was just so faint. I just quickly dismissed it and went to school. Now I'm glad to know that it was you." Kagome kisses his cheek and he blushes sheepishly.

"Well I'm glad that I could finally tell you too," he tells her still blushing. Kagome blushes too for what she did and they both turn their faces away from each other while silence falls around them. They glance back at each other attentively then slowly turn to look at each other then suddenly they're drawn towards each other. They both close their eyes as their faces draw slowly together. Then Inu Yasha softly kisses Kagome on her luscious lips that he's so dreamed so often of kissing time and time again. 'It's so much better than I ever thought it could be. Her lips taste velvety. I just love it. I just wanna stay like this forever. That's it! I've finally come to my decision. I'm gonna tell her how I really feel about her. No more stalling!'

'OMG! I can't believe it. Inu Yasha is actually kissing me. My first kiss. I've never been kissed by a guy before. I've always wondered what it would be like. This feels so incredible. It's way better than even my most wildest fantasies or anything I ever could have dreamed up. Oh Inu Yasha! I love you so much! Just don't stop what you're doing please.'

They part and stare breathless at each other for a moment while Inu Yasha thinks, 'Well, here goes nothing.' They continue to stare at each other until Inu Yasha breaks the silence by speaking, "Kagome, I've got to tell you something."

"What?"

"I love you, Kagome! I always have. I always will love you and I'm so sorry I never told you sooner."

Kagome eyes start to well up with tears as she hears Inu Yasha's heart-filled confession. "Oh Inu Yasha! I love you too. I always have loved you as well. It's just with Kikyo, I was never sure if you truly love me with your whole heart and soul. I thought you saw me as a replacement for her."

"WHAT??? Never Kagome!" He suddenly hugs her tightly. "Look, I'm sorry for all the pain I ever put you through Kagome with comparing you to Kikyo and everything else. I never meant to hurt you. It's you who I wanted all along, not Kikyo. I was just so frustrated and confused in the past to see things clearly until now. You're the one I love and I do want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Kagome hugs him back and cries out, "ME TOO!!!"

"But Kagome, before we can truly be together, there are still some complications."

Kagome pulls away from him and looks up into his face. "What complications? We want to be together, right? Isn't that enough? What more is there to it?"

"Lots of things Kagome. First's there the fact that I'm half demon. Can you really accept that part of me?"

"Of course Inu Yasha! It's one of the things I love most about you." His heart swells with joy upon hearing this. "Especially those cute puppy dog ears of yours." Kagome reaches up and squeezes them to emphasize her point while Inu Yasha closes his eyes enjoying the feel of it and purrs. "You like that I see?"

"Very much so!"

Then she runs one of her hands through his silver hair. "Those and your beautiful silver hair are the things I love most about your physical appearance. I mean even if you didn't have them, I wouldn't love you any less but they're part of your demon side and I do like them."

"I'm glad to hear that." He smiles contently.

"Anyway, to answer your question. Yes, I do accept your demon side."

"But what about if I turn into a full-blood..." Kagome puts a finger to his lips silencing him.

"Inu Yasha do I have to repeat myself? I know you could never hurt me, no matter what."

"But..."

"Shhhhh....don't. Just don't worry about it. I'm not going to let something like that stop us from being together. Sure, it is a risk but it's one I'm willing to take. Okay?" He nods his head and she takes her finger away from his lips. "Anything else on your conscience while we're still at it?"

"Yes, one more thing actually!"

"What is it then? Tell me!"

"It's just the biggest problem of all Kagome."

"What?" Kagome begins to get really worried.

"We both live in two completely different times Kagome. Would it ever work out between us?"

This hit Kagome like a ton of bricks. It's something she has thought about before in the past but never focused on it entirely before because the thought of not being with Inu Yasha was too painful to bear so she kept putting it off whenever she thought about it.

"Kagome? You see! One of us would have to make a sacrifice and leave behind our family and friends just to be together. I never wanted to put you into this position."

Kagome starts crying. "Well it's a bit too late for that now, isn't it?"

"Kagome, listen to me. I never wanted to put this type of pressure on you so the decision is quite simple."

"Simple? How can it be simple? You're asking me to leave behind my family for good. How can you ask that of me?"

"Kagome, please listen! I'm not asking that of you."

This confuses her. "What then?"

"Because I love you so much, I'm willing to make that sacrifice Kagome. Besides, I truly have nothing here. If we could, we can come back and visit everyone else anytime we wish. And me and my brother don't actually get along so really I have nothing to live for here. But with you, I have everything to live for. You are my future Kagome."

Kagome is quite surprised to hear this but being overjoyed was the more superior feeling to have won out. She starts crying tears of joy and embraces him tightly once again then gives him an earth shattering kiss. Parting, she rests her temple against his and says breathlessly, "I'm glad you're willing to make that sacrifice for me. This means a lot to me ya know. I really appreciate it. But first I wanna know, are you really sure about this?"

"Yes, I've never been more sure about anything in my life before. I love you."

"There's still a lot for you to get used to. I mean I know that you've already been in my time a few times but to live there permanently. There are no demons in my time. Well, at least none that I'm aware of. And that time that my school was attacked by of those hoshimono I brought back from this time doesn't count. There will be no demons for you to fight. It will be a whole new life. Are you really prepared for that?"

"For the last time Kagome, YES!!! Besides, I'd rather our lives be peaceful than filled with violence. What makes you think I like fighting demons all the time anyway? I do that because I have to in order to protect you."

"Oops! Sorry about that! I just thought...oh never mind! Just forget it, okay?" He nods and dismisses it. "Thank you Inu Yasha for choosing to live in my time with me and I love you too." They kiss again sweetly then Kagome teases, "By the way, I'm curious about something."

"What?"

"Tell me, just how much do you love me?"

Inu Yasha grins from ear to ear as her scent is calling out to him and he can't resist anymore. "Why don't I just show you how much I love you instead of telling you." He then lowers her to the ground settling himself on top of her and kisses her passionately.



Date: Tues. Mar. 9/04