InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Playing Pretend ❯ One Shot ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Playing Pretend
 
The park was gray, almost lifeless as people slowly flittered by. The bench she sat on felt wet and cold, only it was very much dry. It was surely going to rain, and the damp air had traced down her spine making her shiver.
 
She placed her pale hand over the hand of the woman next to her, her body warmth immediately absorbed when they touched. In response, Hana-san smiled.
 
“It looks like it's going to storm,” she said smiling softly with a calm expression on her face. She noticed that Hana-san's eyes didn't seem to blink.
 
“Higurashi-san, would you like to have some coffee?” she asked as sporadic light drops of rain splattered onto her coat. She felt Hana-san squeeze her hand just a bit more beyond the normal slack.
 
“Yes,” Higurashi-san said immediately, wasting no time to get out of the rain and into wherever Hana-san was going to take her.
 
The rain began to quicken in pace, and she felt her cheeks get moist. Hana-san stood up with her hand in hers, and led her out of the park. Higurashi-san automatically followed her, letting Hana-san tug her along. She looked up and noticed that the direction they were walking was all too familiar. Hana-san was leading her to her apartment, a frequent decision that seemed to have happened every time they met. Higurashi didn't bother to ask her if she wanted to visit the shrine; Hana-san was always satisfied for meeting like this.
 
As they walked through the bustling streets of Tokyo down farther into seedier apartment complexes of town, Higurashi-san's mind began to wander. She always got to this point with Hana-san and began to second-guess their relationship and what she was doing here. What was a Mother, respectable working woman and owner of a shrine doing in the dark part of Tokyo with another woman?
 
The answer was, of course, that she needed her. Ever since her daughter jumped down a well to the past, fighting demons and missing so much of her regular life, Higurashi-san needed Hana-san. She was grateful for her, and silently, she blessed the day that had brought them together.
 
It was two years ago, after one of the first months Kagome had gone. Higurashi-san didn't know what possessed her, but she felt her body move on its own, straight to a local tavern downtown many blocks from her own home. At first it was just about walking, walking and walking until she felt she didn't want to walk anymore. Then, she stopped. She felt blisters form against the inside of her heels. She looked up, caught her breath and noticed she had stopped in front of the tavern, and the dark and murky atmosphere of the inside had drawn her in.
 
Sitting at the head of the bar, a woman lit a cigarette and then turned just as she walked in to meet with her eyes. She stared at her, and then Higurashi-san felt compelled to come over to her. As she moved closer, her mind was fuzzy and she wondered if she could be under a spell.
 
The girl had the palest luminescent skin she had ever seen. Her eyes were dark, almost like hollow pits that went on endlessly into her head. She gave Higurashi-san a suggestive smile.
 
“Better watch out, homemaker. This isn't exactly your kind of place,” the woman had chimed in a husky drawl. Then, Higurashi-san had seen what was so captivating about this woman.
 
In an eerie way, she had looked just like Kagome.
 
“I - I just stopped for a drink. I've been out walking,” she explained simply, her mind still buzzing in a daze. She looked around the place, and thankfully, it was not crowded and only littered with a few questionable characters that lurked in the shadows.
 
“You must be tired, especially walking in those pumps.” Hana-san looked down, and Higurashi-san's cheeks paled when she realized that her gaze followed very closely to the shape of her legs. Then, Hana-san smiled at her again, and then turned her head to get the attention of the bar tender.
 
“Akio, bring a gin and tonic,” she requested. She met Higurashi-san's gaze again. “It's on me, homemaker.”
 
“Ah, thank you,” Higurashi-san replied bowing, and then taking the seat next to her. “My name is Higurashi Hiroko. Thank you so much for your kindness.”
 
Hana-san stared at her, and a smile crept upon her lips. Then, she busted up laughing. “There's no need to be so formal with me, Higurashi-san. I mean, look at the kind of woman I am.”
 
Higurashi-san stared at her blankly. “What kind of -“
 
“Never mind,” Hana-said, seemingly pleased with her confusion. Then, Akio the bartender had set her drink in front of her. Hana-san gave her an expectant look. “Drink up, homemaker. Then, we'll talk.”
 
Higurashi-san inhaled deeply, and her face fell. Suddenly, she remembered what had bothered her in the first place. Her hand trembled, and she felt a lump form in the back of her dry mouth. She stared at the drink heavily, and then took a quick swig. She felt a strange rush invigorate her, and then make her fall down again. Even one drink could not stop the tears.
 
“My daughter has left to a dangerous place, and I don't know if she'll come back alive.”
 
~*~
 
When Hana-san had led Higurashi-san into her apartment, the first thing she always noticed was the spiders. The first time she had come here Hana-san had told her to pay no mind to them, that they didn't bother her. Yet to her, Higurashi-san would shiver in repulsion. Hana-san's apartment was dark and dusty. The light would slash through the curtains and illuminate the dust that lingered heavily in the air. In the corners she could not see, she just knew they were occupied with large webs. She looked around nervously, and saw a spider crawl over the top of her shoe.
 
Quickly, she followed Hana-san into the kitchen where she could stand in the most light. Her eyes followed Hana-san's quiet movements as she prepared the coffee. Higurashi-san closed her eyes and listened to the sounds of the percolation.
 
When she opened her eyes, Hana-san was staring at her with that suggestive smile. The sooner she blinked; Hana-sana's hands were in her hair and clothes.
 
Higurashi-san choked out a sigh as Hana-san's warm hands flowed over her heated skin. She stared at the spider that had crawled in Hana-san's hair. Quickly, she flicked it off and then felt Hana-san's cheeks press against hers. Her breath tickled her neck.
 
Her hands trembled, but she slowly began to tug at Hana-san's clothes, following her desperate need to become naked and raw and ready. She heard a guttural laugh come from Hana-san's throat, and she always seemed to treat Higurashi-san's responses to her as small battles that were won.
 
Pushing her backward, Hana-san led her over to the couch that was enshrouded in dusty gray blankets and littered with dirt and cigarette butts. Higurashi-san winced inwardly as she felt the debris stick to her back, but then Hana-san loomed over her and brought her lips down for a fierce kiss, stealing any time for Higurashi-san to feel disgust. And as she touched her, nothing else mattered and the only thing Higurashi-san felt was her.
 
Often times when she was with Hana-san she felt like a stranger in her own skin, though she had convinced herself that what she was doing was perfectly fine, and that she truly did need Hana-san. And as Hana-san kissed her, Higurashi-san kept her eyes open, studying her face as she looked so much like her daughter.
 
“Kagome …” she whispered in a cry and smoothed the dark hair that fell into her face
 
Soon Hana-san's fingers would be inside her, roughly, and branding against her inside walls in wild stokes. She screamed, and then Hana-san slowed her pace, grinning at her like a devilish cat as Higurashi-san began to feel the pleasure through Hana-san's scratches of pain. Then when Hana-san's touches became more tender and steady, Higurashi-san felt a hitch in her throat and closed her eyes to soak in the feeling. She could hear the wet slaps as fingers slid against and inside her skin. Higurashi-san bent in and nibbled on Hana-san's chin. She shivered against her, and soon Hana-san's strokes fed fodder to an inner heat. If she could just go faster, reach longer, she would finally feel the point of heady absolution.
 
“Hana-san, please,” Higurashi-san begged in a childlike moan. She was so desperate to feel, to have this woman who looked so much like her daughter reach inside and nurture her womb that had become so frozen.
 
“Call me Kikyou, Hiroko-san,” she had whispered in her ear. Higurashi-san had froze slightly, feeling odd that maybe she had heard that name before.
 
Suddenly, she felt cold as Hana-san left her, only to have her open her legs and settle between her thighs. Hana-san had looked up at her intently as her breath became heavy. Every nerve in her body twitched in anticipation. She knew what she was going to do, and Higurashi-san needed it.
 
She felt a single, toying lick, and Higurashi-san bit on the back of her fist. She wheezed heavily. Hana-san's tongue was surprisingly cold, and as she made contact with her, she could feel her steal her warmth. Slowly, she lapped around the edges of the sensitive flaps of skin, sucking up the proof of her preliminary need. Hana-san then breathed in the air hard, sucking vigorously as Higurashi-san began to buck her hips and thrash her legs.
 
Then, she paused.
 
“Please, Kikyou-san, please,” she begged, and she didn't have time to feel ashamed to be so desperate. She really knew nothing about this woman, only the fact that she had to be with her, she had to be in her company and pretend that Hana-san needed her too. She could pretend that she could take Kagome's place while she was gone. For her, Hana-san would fill the gaps in her reality.
 
She felt another lick, and then Hana-san's tongue darted inside her, swirling around frenetically. She grasped at her hips as Higurashi-san moved, mewling in continued ecstasy.
 
Yes, with Hana-san here, it was like Kagome was never gone.
 
With another suckle Higurashi-san felt a spasm in her legs and white, boiling heat simmer throughout her core. She opened her eyes wide, having visions of meshing colors pulse brightly and then disintegrate into the darkened room.
 
Higurashi-san exhaled, relaxing against the gritty stained sofa. She lifted her weak arms and cupped Hana-san's face as she moved to lie by her side.
 
“Thank you,” Higurashi-san smiled politely; Hana-san made no response, just smiled in victory as she always did. Curious, but it was her pleasure to see Higurashi-san in pleasure. It was something that Higurashi-san could barely understand.
 
Under exhaustion, Higurashi-san's eyes began to flutter into sleepiness. She felt subdued, and Hana-san began to stroke her hair as she rested in the crook of her arm. Hana-san stared at her as Higurashi-san became comfortable. Then, before she finally gave into slumber, she looked into Hana-san's eyes to look for her daughter there again.
 
Yet, before she slept, she could have sworn that Hana-san's eyes had shimmered red among the dark. With little energy for concern, Higurashi-san had thought nothing of it, and didn't even pay mind to the spider that had crawled over her leg.
 
And with the next day, even if Kagome did not come home, she had a reason to smile confidently - a smile she owed to Hana-san.
 
The End