InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Predestination ❯ Predestination 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

She woke up to two familiar smells, each lying on either side of her snuggled in her arms. Looking down she saw Shippo and Rin covered in daisy chains fast asleep. Carefully getting up she went to the springs washing her hair and dressing in a green and beige kimono, with dragons swirled on it. Twisting her hair into a giant bun, and leaving her bangs loose, she adorned some pretty green combs for kicks. As she walked down stairs she bumped into Keito.

"Asa Kagome how are you?" Keito chirped happily.

"I am fine, however I was wondering where Sesshoumaru was." Secretly hoping he wasn't ready for practice yet.

"He is out patrolling his lands, he will be out for some time this morning."

She nearly did a dance of sheer happiness, she dreaded sparring with him today. After chatting with Keito, she left for the gardens. Not wanting to admit it to herself but she kind of missed him, at least he kept her entertained. Not even out the door yet before she heard her name, turning she saw Eichiro walking towards her. Damnation!! Is he a hotty or what? The sun was hitting him just right, making his long hair shine and his eyes sparkle with mischief. But he still didn't quite hold a candle to Sesshoumaru, even if he is a jerk she thought sourly.

"Hello Eichiro how are you?"

"Fine, I was wondering if you would like to go to the village?"

"The village? You mean the human village. I guess." He seemed a little anxious for it but ok.

"No the inu village surrounding the base of the mountain. You look bored out of your mind, and it is my job to protect you, even from boredom." He gave her a naughty grin only causing her to laugh.

"erm ok lets go, but how are we going to get there." Her question was answered when his youkai cloud appeared at the base of his feet. Latching on to him for dear life she noted to yell at Sesshoumaru about teaching her this.

Eichiro smiled, he loved how she clinged on to him. But it was weird, why didn't she know how to fly, fight when wanted, or other basic youkai techniques. He figured it had something to do with the secret Sesshoumaru was keeping. He decided to land a little bit away from the village in order to keep suspicions under control. He looked down at her, she gave him a knowing look and a grateful smile, that made his stomach lurch. He growled inwardly at himself, he shouldn't be thinking of her like this. She wasn't his to think about she was the lord's mate.

When they entered, she was taken back by the hugeness of the village. As far her eyes could see was village, and that wasn't even all of it, for it wrapped the base of the mountain. Small my ass she thought this isn't a village it was a city. As soon as they saw her everyone bowed at once, everything was dropped, all sound suspended and a hushed silence. She looked nervously to Eichiro who was even bowed deeply.

"Uhh hello, please go back to doing what your doing. Don't let me bother you." She laughed nervously. Slowly they straightened and looked at her with bewilderment before returning to their forgotten work.

As they walked through the village the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end, its like she could feel their eyes boring into her. What do you expect Kagome you are now basically the wife of Sesshoumaru their lord. Still, it was far too much attention for her likings.

She noticed that all the men were soldiers, but what shocked her was that most of the women were to, and if they weren't in uniform they were caring for children. When she asked Eichiro about her observation he laughed and proudly told her that he and Sesshoumaru would have nothing but fighters.

She merely nodded at the odd logic of it. As he continued showing and telling her more things of the inu society she looked up to see a group of them harassing some humans. By the look and sound of it the human were traders and the inu were not satisfied with the sale.

He noticed that she stopped and was staring at the group making a trade. He walked back beside her, "Is there something you wish to have Kagome I will make sure you get it." but she never looked at him, he turned towards the spot she was so intrigued with just to see Cobalt and Weaver putting a few human merchants in their place.

She was just about to answer him, but the sound of flesh being struck and the sight of the human falling helplessly in front of the now laughing group of inus was too much. Turning to Eichiro expecting him to stop them from taking it any further she saw him nod and smile.

"How could you Eichiro?" she stepped away from him.

He looked back at her only to see her usually cheery face, shocked and laced with scorn. "What is it, how could I what?"

"Don't play stupid you saw the same thing I saw but yet you do nothing!!" she was basically screaming now, except everything ended with a loud growl. By now everybody in the perimeter was staring at her perplexed.

What was going on, a second ago he was in her good graces but now she was looking at him with contempt and disgust. He tried to approach her to talk to her but she growled furiously at him causing him to freeze. "Kagome I don't understand what are you referring to the human?" She couldn't be but that was the only thing that made since right now. "Because they are worthless they don't deserve your pity I will take care of this for you by removing them from your presence." Flexing his claws he stepped towards the cowering humans, but a green and black blur dashed in front of him. He looked up to see an indigo eyed Kagome standing calmly in front of him. He stopped his skin started to tingle, looking around he noticed the clouds getting darker. Everyone else seemed to notice to, all noise ceased. He couldn't remember the last time he was cold, but he began to shiver.

"Know this Eichiro, and the rest of this village." They all watched her lips move ever so slightly, but they heard her voice deeply resonate throughout the village. "I do not care much for the mistreatment for humans, and if I see anyone so much as harm one without justice I will take it upon myself to deal with you." The air crackled with pink lightening around them, sending off a serious warning. Turning towards the humans she kneeled before them. "Lead the way to your village."

They watched as she disappeared through the forest, frozen to the spot she left them in. They were all scared, but a stronger scent overpowered the fear. A strong scent of lust from all the males washed over the area like a tidal wave. Every single mind had one question on it, why was she not claimed by there lord yet? Marked but not claimed.

On their way to the village she spotted Keito riding Ah-Un with Rin and Shippo. As soon as they landed all three came running towards her.

"Miss Kagome we have heard what happened at the inu village." Keito said excitedly. Wow, word sure does travel fast around here.

"That sure was mean of them to mistreat the humans momma." She looked down at Shippo to see him side by side to Rin as if to protect her from harms way. How cute she thought it was a good idea to unite the two.

"Come lets not think about it."

"M'lady." The taller human bowed respectfully. "We want to thank you for saving us from the inu village and we would also want to thank you for the fire youkai incident, with a feast. Are hunters are back now so we can properly serve you." The mans voice had a slight tremble in it while his eyes were fixed on a speck of dirt at her feet it seemed.

"Please jus call me Kagome, and I will be honored to accompany you to this feast, as long as my friends may come to."

They both looked at her and her friends with awe at her informality, they nodded and agreed hastily to their lady's request.

When they arrived to the village she was surprised at the fast development, nearly all of the buildings were completed. People were running to and froe to accomplish their daily task, but when they saw her everything was instantly dropped. Déjà vu, she mumbled to herself.

Before she could say a word, a very tall man approached her wearing thick armor and a giant battle axe on his back. He had long thick black hair and narrow brown eyes; his hair was swept into a low ponytail falling gracefully to the center of his back. He bowed deeply before speaking; his voice was so low it nearly shook the earth. "Lady of the western lands please let us celebrate your visit, I was told by my cousin that you saved him today from the inu village and I have heard of your kind act during the attack. We want to thank you personally, I am Kanaye leader of the western hunters." She could see his well defined muscles clearly where the armor didn't cover up and he was as tall as Inuyasha. Oooh wee he was a hotty she thought.

"Please call me Kagome and no need to thank me, I do not stand well on mistreatment of others. Please come to me anytime if there is anything I can do." She saw his eyes light up at her remark, guessing they don't have many if any alliances here.

"Come lets feast!" Kanaye yelled, causing a roar of excited yells and laughter through the large village. The kids ran off with other kids to play games while Keito stayed with her. Many hunters came to her asking her for a dance or giving her a gift. She learned that there was over a hundred men in the Hunter group being woman and men. Kanaye told her that most of them were hunting in the southern lands when the village was attacked.

"Why were you over there Kanaye, Sesshoumaru is always patrolling his lands as well as his soldiers why don't you just help them?"

His happy face went stone again, "The only use for us humans is to repair and make merchandise for the Lord." His voice was like iron, making his dissatisfaction known.

His friend Dai quickly stepped up for his friend's rash statement. "Please do not think we are ungrateful lady Kagome, it is just that we would rather help fight the western wars and be apart of its affairs. We get tired of being just humans that are graciously allowed to live here."

"Please excuse me if I was to forward with my opinion Kagome." Kanaye retorted bitterly, she could tell it was hurting his pride to admit to that even though he felt another way. But he was right, they had rights to, hell Sesshoumaru should be happy to get an extra hand.

"Tell you what," she said it loud enough for all the people listening to hear. "As long as I am the mate of Sesshoumaru and lady of the western lands I will be your ally, your spokesperson to Sesshoumaru." As soon as she paused the whole village and mainly the hunters whooped in hollered for joy. She didn't have time to even react when Kanaye swooped her in his arms and spun her around in pure joy. By this time she was laughing just as much as the rest. She was overjoyed that they were happy and that she could possibly do something for them.

She didn't notice the three pair of eyes watching her each fogged with pulsing crimson. But she did feel an almighty wave through her body causing her to gasp. Kanaye stopped his spinning when he heard the gasp from Kagome. Gently putting her back on her feet he looked at her and took her hand in his, he saw puzzlement in her greenish blue eyes. "What is it my lady?"

He didn't need an answer, he felt the familiar cold aura of the taiyoukai, with one fluid movement he turned and kneeled before him, as did the rest of the village at once. Leaving Keito, the confused children, and Kagome staring at the red eyed lord. Along side him was a red eyed Eichiro. It now donned on her as she nervously laughed and stepped back from the tremendously scary pair, it was pitch black outside and when she arrived earlier it was early noon. She never realized how long she was out there.

"Soo what did you do today Sesshoumaru-sama?" she laughed nervously still steady backing away from his seething figure. His hair was blowing rapidly all around his face which was now so taut it looked chiseled. Oooh not good Kagome, you always knew you were bad at judging time, she whined to herself.

"Oh not much Kagome," his voice was cooler and much calmer than it should be, totally defying his cold hard face. Even when he was mad his face showed no true emotion, but his eyes were a totally different story. "When I got back from my patrol I expected my mate to be there so I could finish your lessons. But what I found was the total opposite." All the while he was backing her into the wall of a hut. By now the people were huddled far away from them but still conveniently in hearing distance. "Instead I find you here," sneering disgustingly at the ningens, "Celebrating and dancing at my expense." She raised her brow at this, was he actually worried? No couldn't be, right? But she was balling her fist at a total different reason, but she decided to save it for more private matters. For now she would have some fun.

Putting on her biggest puppy eyes she looked at him, and sighed audibly. She watched as his eyes slowly flickered away the red. "Please forgive my lack of judgment on time Sesshoumaru-sama, I just wanted to have some fun. Please forgive your incompetent wife." Without warning she launched herself to his chest flinging her arms around his neck.

He growled deeply at her game, he had no other way to respond physically by putting his hands on her waist to steady her. He could almost encircle her tiny waist with his hands. Growling again at his train of thoughts and at her antics he threw her over his shoulder, almost smiling at eliciting a surprised yelp from her. Looking at the dragon he noticed all the gifts tied to it, he commanded it to go to the castle while Eichiro escort Keito and the children back safely. He gave the hunter a glare of promising death before leaving, the image of Kagome in his arms was still all too clear in his mind. Leaping gracefully into the sky he summoned his youkai cloud.

"Thankfully you didn't wear your shoulder armor." She mumbled. She could feel his hand squeeze her calf warningly, making her sigh before shutting up.

When he got to the castle he landed on his balcony and opening the doors with his tail he took long strides to the bed depositing his burden. She nearly flopped off the bed from her harsh landing. Giving him an icy glare she started to get up but a strong tail kept her in place.

"Where do you think your going?" his cool voice washed over her leaving her with a slight pang of fear.

"To my room, lord Sesshoumaru." She said just as coldly. But he smelt her fear and he noticed how she started to use a more formal usage of his name. He growled making her jump, he didn't want her fear but he couldn't help what it did to him. Unraveling his tail he stood in front of her and wrapped it loosely around her legs, she tried to look away but he grasped her chin in a gentle hold and titled her head back in order to look at her eyes.

His fingers were firm and gentle, not soft as it would seem and not hard and unbearable like his brother's but a little of both making his nice and firm. His lips barely moved as he spoke.

"Another rule you must and will learn Kagome, is that you are royalty now. You cannot go anywhere without the proper guards or myself. I do not want this rule broken again do hear me?" his voice held a tone of slight anger.

She wanted not to answer but she knew he wasn't going to release her until she did. She just grunted before getting up and walking to her room.

He listened to her move around in her room until her scent settled and her breathing took on a rhythmic pace. As he stared at the moon he remembered seeing her in the arms of that human laughing and rejoicing over kami knows what. It still made his blood pump faster at the thought, he wanted to slice the hunter in threes for having the sheer pleasure of touching Kagome. Shit now he was pissed he didn't do it. Putting both arms against the wall, he leaned with his head down contemplating. Coming home to a shocked village and a panicked Eichiro and a missing Kagome was not his idea of a day. He nearly killed his brotherly-friend today for letting her gallivant through the forest with ningens. Again he asked himself why was he doing this, what unknown force was making him act so rash. For years, he has acted with the up most forethought, but when it comes to her he just reacts. He growled his sigh and back down on his bed wondering what adventures will tomorrow bring.

He watched a horrifying but arousing sight as the miko-inu danced around with the ningens. When was she turned? He quickly accessed by who when the western lord snatched her up infuriated. But the question as to why was most important? As he stood there cloaked in a scentless cloud atop one of the lord's mountains he was seething, and he knew perfectly well why. Unlike the ignorant inu taiyoukai he did not ignore and suppress his feelings like a child. He wanted the miko every since she appeared before his eyes. Now that his sweet miko was youkai his body responded ten times greater.

Yes, she would be his, he laughed cruelly before taking to the sky and the little rift in their relationship would give him great use in doing so.