InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Predestination ❯ Predestination 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Why didn't he heed the call of his mate? It was his fault she was dead, he could have saved her if he would have acted. He bowed his head clutching her body even closer, he lost a true friend over his pride.

A familiar vibrating pulse, faint but ever present, looking down to his side he saw the pulsating Tensaiga. He put her down gently and drew the sword; it rang as it slid from its sheath smoothly. With hope, he made an arc over her chest, hoping to see her chest rise heavily for breath, but he saw nothing. He sliced her repeatedly but nothing happened. He let out a frustrated roar as he threw the useless sword from his sight. Why would it not work?

The soldiers watched their master try to revive her; they just knew it would work. They have seen him use it so many times in war, and it never failed them. However, today it did, today with every single slice their hearts were torn apart. The mistress that gave them so much light during her short stay was gone and with her went the fragment of a heart their lord had.

He lifted his head and sniffed, wordlessly he picked up his mate and summoned his power sphere. There was only one hope left the old miko of Inuyasha's forest.

Eichiro had no idea were Sesshoumaru was going but he be damned if he went alone. He picked up the healing sword and growled for the soldiers to follow their lord.

She could sense a strong youkai approaching but she wasn't worried for she knew the aura of this one. When she looked up, she saw a sphere, quickly as it came it changed into the taiyoukai of the west holding a limp Kagome. When he approached her, further she saw the reason for his arrival. She approached Kagome's body closer, she inspected the horn imbedded into her heart and she took great notice to how her body and the jewel in her hand would glow when she reached for the horn.

"Can you help her?" even though his voice was as emotionless as usual, she could still tell that he was desperate.

"Ah yes I can, for she is not dead as of yet."

He blinked, she wasn't dead how could this be?

"Come let us move with haste, we need to move fast."

The villagers lost their initial shock when they saw their young priestess lying dead in the stoic taiyoukai's arms. The silenced hushed as she led him to her hut.

"KAFGOMEEEEEE!!!!" a familiar scream filled the air "YOU BASTARD WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!!!!" he saw his brother land in front of him, flashes of stripes appeared and disappeared on his face rapidly. Inuyasha was losing control over his blood. He clutched Kagome tighter as the hanyou rushed towards him. But he never made it to him, countless spheres surrounded to old miko and him, quickly turning into his soldiers. They drew their swords in unison pointing them to the hanyou.

"You fool he is here to help Kagome, calm down, so we can save her." the old miko said in a stern voice. He was glad his soldiers arrived; it would have been difficult fighting with Kagome in his arms. He gave his brother a warning glare before he entered the hut.

"Lay her down over there so I can look more closely at this horn." He did so quickly and moved aside so she could do so. As he stood there stiffly, he noticed the priest and huntress enter in and kneel down beside the futon. He could see the tears forming in both of their eyes; he could also smell the anger of the huntress as she looked at him. However, he did not look at her, he was too busy staring at the old miko, waiting for her analysis. He was still shocked that Kagome was not dead, but he could not be happy until she was normal again.

"It seems the horn is acting as a cork," her dry voice filled the silent hut. "It is stopping her blood from flowing out, while the jewel protects her not letting anything interfere."

"That would be why the Tensaiga did not work." He still cursed it for not working.

"Precisely the reason, the jewel is protecting her until she is healed. If she were to wake up it would cause her blood to pump more frequently thus resulting into a slow death."

He nearly killed the closest thing near him at her words, just thinking of it was unbearable.

"I am going to gather more mikos from the village to summon the jewel to release its hold. When it does we will need to act fast, the horn shall need to be removed swiftly and she would need to be healed. I have noticed the Tensaiga is not upon you, you will need it to heal her."

"Here it is lord Sesshoumaru I brought it with us." He turned to see Eichiro with the sword in hand. He quickly took it and put it to his side.

"Good now we shall find the mikos," she motioned for the priest and huntress to follow her. "Know this Sesshoumaru Kagome has been through these situations before, you of all should know this. She is too strong willed to die so easily, she is one of the strongest mikos I have ever come across she will not die so easily." With that, she left, leaving him there with Eichiro.

"Eichiro bring me the one who was with her before she was attacked." He grounded out, he wanted to know who was responsible for not saving her.

"That would be Fuuto, let me bring him." A few seconds after he left a yellow haired inu soldier came in. He grabbed him by the collar of his armor and lifted him above his head.

"Tell me in full detail as to what happened." He growled.

Fuuto trembled as he looked down at his master, his eyes were so dark they looked black almost; his body and face were so rigid he looked like he was made out of jagged stone. He was so afraid he could barley feel his limbs.

"I was in the northern part, my lord, fighting off a youkai snake, but this snake was oddly strong he wasn't like the usual snake youkai this one could regenerate when cut, ten times faster. I was struck hard on my shoulder my lord." He could see the gash on his shoulder; there was a piece of fabric from his shirt tied tightly around the wound. "I was just about to be killed until your dragon sent a power beam towards the snake distracting it from me, but I had no idea lady Kagome was going to come flying down. She jumped from all its attacks, then she jumped on its back, she turned a bright purple before causing the snake to fall to ashes. She picked up some strange stones that fell from it and made them glow. She helped with my wound and asked if she could see my wife and son sir, but while we were talking, youkai boars surrounded us. She put a protection shield over me before she attacked them, but one was still able to get to her. By the time the shield wore off general Eichiro arrived with the alpha infantry."

He dropped the soldier onto the floor and drew the Toukijin and pointed towards Fuuto's neck. "Tell me why should I keep you alive if you cannot even keep your self alive much less do your job?"

Fuuto swallowed as he stared at the tip of the deadly sword. He would have done anything if he could just go back and save the mistress. He shook his head slowly expecting the worse.

He sheathed his sword and turned from him. "Killing you would make the death of Kagome in vain. However you better pray she lives or I will torture you whenever I see fit, but I will never kill you, I rather prolong your suffering."

Eichiro heard the last words of his master when he walked in; he shuddered at the cruelty of his friend. Growling at Fuuto he signaled for him to leave. Silently he stayed in the corner of the hut as he watched his friend. He didn't fail to notice the black eyes and the rugged look of his whole appearance. Yes he prayed hard that Kagome would make it through this.

Sesshoumaru just stared at her lying there; everything was serene about her except for the fatal wound. He bowed his head in near defeat; he was the one that was supposed to take care of her, to not let anything happen to her. But for the first time he failed, he ignored her call. Kneeling down beside her, he fingered her soft raven hair.

Closing his eyes he concentrated on his blood, which flowed through her. "If you awaken from this Kagome I promise I will never fail you again. Just don't leave, I don't know why I need you as much as I do, I am just positive I do."

He heard the door to the hut open, five young girls entered behind the old miko, following them was his brother, the priest, and the Taijiya. Eichiro came and stood behind him, which was in front of Kagome while the mikos surrounded them.

Kaede turned toward his general, "I need for you to pull out the horn and I need Inuyasha to hold Kagome firmly to the futon."

Both Sesshoumaru and Eichiro released a warning growl to the hanyou as he placed his hands on either side of Kagome.

"Hush now, we don't want the chance of her fighting us when we do this." Sesshoumaru just narrowed his eyes at his brother, he knew all too well of his brother's feelings. However, he needed him now for Kagome's sake.

"Now mikos connect to the jewel, feel its power. Pray to it to release its hold." He watched as the young mikos bowed their heads and chanted prayers. The jewel started to glow from pink to purple.

"When the jewel goes completely clear I want you to pull out the horn as quick as you can and I want you Sesshoumaru to heal her with the Tensaiga." He drew the healing blade and poised readily over her. All except the mikos watched intently at the glowing jewel, pink, to purple, pink, purple, pink, purple, pink, purple, pink, CLEAR!

As soon as Eichiro saw the change he yanked the horn out of her body. Blood started to spew out of the wound. But the lightening fast arc of the Tensaiga healed the wound before any more blood could escape her body.

He dropped the Tensaiga as her back arched off the futon for air, he grabbed her gently and held her. Her eyes were wide and dazed, looking all around in confusion; slowly she focused on the one in front of her.

"Sessh-shoumaru-sama" her voice was dry and crackly, "I hope you're not mad at me for leaving the castle." She whispered with a crooked smile. Her gentle hand came up to his face and brushed his bangs from his eyes. "Calm down I am back now."

His eyes slowly faded back to amber, while his features smoothed back out. He was indescribably happy she was ok.

Turning in his arms she smiled at her friends. He put her back down on the futon, not wanting to leave her but he had a feeling her friends were anxious to see her and she was them. As soon as he and Eichiro stepped back, they surrounded her, giving her hugs and so forth.

"I think it would be best for Kagome to wash before she leaves." Kaede suggested when they settled down a bit.

"Oh hell no! She is not leaving with him again, mate or no mate." Inuyahsa yelled pointing at his brother with one of his deadly claws.

Sesshoumaru was going to kill him; how dare he try to interfere. He flexed his claws and bared his teeth, letting his anger show through his calm façade. Inuyasha could see the burning in his brother's eye, he could almost see the things his brother wanted to do to him. Feh he thought not if he did them first to him. He couldn't let her go back to him. He didn't fail to notice Eichiro right behind him with the same murderous gleam, but this one showed blatantly on his face. His ears twitched as he noticed the hut was surrounded by deep resonating growls from his brother's army. They most likely can hear us, he thought, but he didn't give a damn. He unsheathed the Tetsusaiga transforming it immediately.

"Wait Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru, Eichiro, and the whole damn army." They turned to the weak but very pissed voice. Kagome stood with the help of Sango, turning to Inuyasha she smiled gently. "It was my fault I was hurt, I left the castle without supervision and I tried to save a wounded soldier. I actually quite enjoy my stay with lord Sesshoumaru I learn a lot there, so I will go back Inuyasha and I will come back as promised. So let me bathe and rest in peace before I or anybody else gets another near death experience." With that she gathered a few things in the hut, with the help of Sango.

"You will take the proper security with you." Her mates cool voice held no room for arguing. But that didn't stop Sango.

"I hope you don't think that we will bathe with one of your men around." She all but growled at him.

He simply stared at her with an unreadable expression. "Arshes will accompany you." They all turned to see a tall inu soldier with long purple and pink hair enter. Her face was stern but Kagome could tell by her yellow eyes she was friendly.

"Sure I don't mind as long as she doesn't." turning towards the soldier.

"Of course not my lady." Her voice was surprisingly light.

When they approached the spring, she undressed slowly and stepped into the water. She stared down at her reflection. She could see the scar slowly disappearing right before her eyes, but her mind wasn't on that, it was on what happened. She remembered being hit by the boar, and she remembered the lance of pain, but she remembered being surrounded by a thick pink fog. It was as if she was in some sort of dream, then she heard a voice a deep familiar voice, but this voice held so much sorrow in it. It took her a minute to actually realize it was Sesshoumaru's asking her not to leave him. She wanted to cry, to reach out, to do anything but it was as if she was paralyzed. She wanted to tell them they would always be friends and that she would never leave him, but she felt his presence leave.

"Kagome you ok?" she turned to see a worried Sango right behind her. Smiling she nodded.

"Yeah I'm fine just tired that's all." They waded to where Arshes sat Indian style on a large rock, staring at them and looking around occasionally. "So Arshes do you have any family?" she decided to make conversation as she washed.

Arshes looked at her mistress with a quizzical eye, what an odd inu she thought. She had never meat an inu so nice before in her life. But here was one, the lady of the western lands no less and wife of the most mysterious and powerful youkai known. Everybody was absolutely shocked when they learned of her and saw her walking through the village. First it was her demeanor, so nice and innocent actually caring to walk through the soldier village. Then it was the talk of her powers, a miko youkai, the rarest of them all. Then the heart stopping characteristic of them all her fondness to humans. She could barely believe herself for sitting here guarding her and her human friend, but her lord for not slaughtering the whole village. It must be the tiny human he watches over, even though she never really minded humans herself its just plain weird for her master to put up with them.

"Well I have a few sisters and brothers, but there in different units. But if you mean as far as pups and a mate, no."

"Your so very pretty I bet you have to beat the men off, literally." Sango laughed with Kagome.

She couldn't believe a human was complementing her, this was very new. "Umm I haven't thus far they're to scared of me." She tried to control the sorrow in her voice.

Both Sango and Kagome stopped laughing and gave her a heartfelt smile. But it was quickly interrupted by Sango's outburst.

"Damn it all I have the same problem. I can't help it I want a man that I can't kick his ass." She smiled at the funny human, she couldn't imagine her kicking anyone ass, but she saw the large weapon she carried with ease. She could probably use it with such.

"Well lets get up before we decide to never come out." Kagome laughed walking out of the water, but she stopped, a familiar scent passed bye. But before she could even react she saw the Arshes's pinkish hair disappear into the bushes. The next thing they heard and saw was a shriek and the body of Miroku go flying towards the village. She heard Sango promise to beat him until unconsciousness to herself as she dressed.

"Thanks Arshes, and please stop bye the castle to visit me, please I get so bored." They were reaching the outskirt of the village.

"Um sure lady Kagome, I have never been in the castle actually." She was so shocked she could barely speak, she couldn't believe she was invited to the castle.

"Please call me Kagome and this way you can explore with me." She chirped.

They turned to see Inuyasha holding a half dead looking Miroku up, Kaede with a scroll, and Sesshoumaru with his army staring at them.

"It is time to go Kagome." Quickly she hugged everyone and promised to see them soon.

"Be careful Kagome." Sango whispered in her sister's ear. Kagome hugged her hard before replying. "I will be a lot more careful from now on."

She gave Inuyasha a big hug, which he returned. "You come to me if that bastard hurts you Kagome." They both heard a low growl; she didn't even need to turn to know who it was. "I will be ok, I will probably have a whole army surrounding me wherever I go from now on." She chuckled.

She hugged Kaede and thanked her for helping her. But before she could turn she thrust the scroll she was holding in her arms. "Here is what you need to read before you come back."

"Why?" the scroll was huge, full of spells and prayers.

"Because you will not only capture jewel shards when you return, you will also train properly in you miko arts." Sesshoumaru's insouciant voice reached her ears.

"Oh, well ok I guess. Bye see you again soon." She approached Sesshoumaru, he swiftly grabbed her waist and hauled her towards him. The cloud formed at his feet lifting them high in the air. She watched as the others turned into spheres of light and followed them.

Looking up she studied his passive face, wondering what his thoughts were. "Arigatou for saving me lord Sesshoumaru."

He just looked at her for a long moment before nodding. She wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her head on his cool armor.

"So I guess this means practice will be a lot more rigorous." She yawned out sleepily. His hold on her tightened around her waist.

"Yes and not only will you practice your fighting skills you will practice and read my scrolls once a day if not twice."

"Your heartless." She whined.

"So I am told." He loosened his hold on her waist so he could capture her under her knees, cradling her in his arms. He stared down into her eyes, wondering why he acted such ways with her.

"I will never leave you Sesshoumaru we're friends, and friends never leave each other." She whispered in his ear before succumbing to sleep on his shoulder.

She heard him, how could she? When he landed on her balcony, he opened the door with his tail. Lying her on the bed, he pulled the covers over her, turning he walked towards the connecting door.

"Sesshoumaru!!" he whipped around to see her sitting strait up in her bed breathing hard.

"Iie, not tonight don't leave me tonight." Her voice was full of desperation and need. He walked over to her and picked her up. Walking through to his room, he summoned the fire with a low growl, casting an orange hue. He laid her on top of his huge bed and began to shred the torn garment with his claws. As soon as he removed the article of clothing his body reacted to the sight. Two strange pieces of clothing were covering her most cherished places, but oddly enough, they only enhanced his arousal. He snapped back to focus when he realized he was nearly panting, quickly covering her petite form.

He undressed and slipped in beside her, she instantly molded to his warm body. Seeking warmth and his protection, he groaned inwardly, because his body was seeking very different feelings. Growling he dimmed the fireplace, causing the light in the room to fade away. But his keen eyes could still make out things as plain as day. He could still see her beautiful stripes, full lips, and the rise and fall of her chest. His stomach lurched as he was reminded of her wound; carefully he brushed the soft area where the wound was. His blood heated, when he thought of the fact that he ignored her call. Never again, he vowed, never again will he make such a fatal error.

Her eyes slowly opened and focused in on the glowing amber jewels in front of her. "Sleep, its not your fault I'm hard headed. I promise to listen to you from now on, if it makes you feel any better. But go to sleep, I can't sleep when I feel your aura twist and turn inside of me." She smiled as she brushed his bangs from his face.

"Hai, I will sleep only because you cannot, but my feelings will remain the same." He watched as the pair of blue jewels were covered in darkness, he soon followed.