InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Predestination ❯ chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

His hips surged upwards as he released his seed into her, accompanied by an almighty roar for the last time that morning. He watched as she arched her back and let out a strangled cry of both release and relief before she collapsed onto his chest in exhaustion. They were both covered in sweat from head to toe, evidence of how many times they succumbed to each other's passion throughout the night and morning.

 

Moving slightly he adjusted them both to a more comfortable position, but her moan of protest stopped him from moving her any further.

 

"No more Sessh, I do not think I can survive another." Her plea brought a smirk to his lips as he massaged her narrow back.

 

"No my Kagome I will not take you until you ask me too." He would never admit that even he was exhausted from their all night and morning rutting. The sun was high, bringing in vast amounts of sunlight into their room, telling them both it was close to noon. However he didn't quite care, everything could wait, spending the morning learning new ways to make his wife scream was far more better than his usual routines. Besides he wasn't too sure he wanted to let her out of his site again, yesterday's events were still too fresh in is head. His anger was not even close to being sated for that crime, thinking about the attack made is blood start pumping fire and his claws twitch with the familiar desire to kill. No one attacked both his children and mate and lived.

 

 

They laid there quietly for the longest, just staring out the window together, watching the birds gracefully soar through the air. Looking at the trees, as they swayed back and forth in the afternoon breeze, the beautiful sight that was supposed to make her feel better supplied her fresh memories of Kagura's assignation attempt instead. Turning from the window she looked into the taiyoukai's eyes, they weren't their usual coldness, they weren't even bored, they looked back at her with understanding.

 

"Sesshoumaru I am sorry, I never wanted to make you angry I just wanted to help those girls to safety. But I knew if I asked your permission you would have said no, and that couldn't have happened." Now she was sitting in the upright position, with the silken sheets wrapped loosely around her breast. With her head bowed slightly she continued. "However, your anger towards me was unbearable I could hardly stand it, I was starting to think I would make you happier if I just returned to Inuyasha and the hunt for the jewel shards."

 

He stared at her with clenched fist as she spoke, trying he best to squelch his anger at her outrageous comment. How could returning to his bastard brother make things better for him, she had to know he would assume the worst again like last time, because his blood and anger would have surely taken over his sanity by then. Didn't she understand his anger could not be trusted; he was only trying to protect her from it.

 

"However, Eichiro talked me out of leaving. He told me that you thought I was betraying your trust and toying with your emotions, and that you did not want me to leave. It took most of the night for him to convince me of that and I am still not quite sure though." Totally oblivious to his eyes flickering with red and his placid face becoming more and more intense, she continued to ramble on. "The point is Sesshoumaru I spent almost the entire night with Eichiro telling him how I felt, while we spent nearly a week not talking at all, I want to be able to talk like that with you Sessh not with Eichiro. I am sure we could avoid arguments like that in the future if we just talk a little more." Pausing she looked at him as if for the first time, slowly she stared at his darkened eyes, flexed hands, and set jaw. "Sessh are you ok?" bringing her hand up, she gently pushed some of his bangs to the side.

 

Closing his eyes for a moment, he breathed in an out slowly, forcing his blood to simmer down. He didn't want her frightened and he didn't want another fight, but dear Kami she needed to understand here and now if they wanted to avoid future arguments. Gently capturing her wrist that was above his eyes and grabbing her waist softly, which was straddled over his hips he spoke evenly through clenched teeth.

 

"Kagome I want you to hear me and hear me good, there are only a few things you could do to enrage me to a point of no return." Locking her confused gaze with his iron one, "first it is in any shape or form to entertain the idea of running to my bastard brother for anything and not to me, especially if it is from me." He could tell she was going to say something but he continued. "The second reason is your highly annoying tendency to attract many other males and frolic about with them in my absence." Her beautiful face went red instantly with anger but he ignored her. "Lastly and let it be known that it is an highly important point, it is your disobedience to my direct commands…

 

"My disobedience!! I am not a dog…" She paused from her building tirade and looked up for a moment. Looking back down she saw something she thought was entirely impossible. There he was the taiyoukai of the western lands silently laughing at her poor usage of words, she couldn't help but smile at the sight. Even though any onlooker would think he was just coughing silently, she knew by the twinkle in his eyes what he was really doing. "Damn you, you know what I mean." Ignoring him as he continued to laugh harder, "Sesshoumaru you will and cannot order me around." This stopped his infernal laughing like a blow to the gut she smirked at the reaction. "I will listen to what you have to say and take your advice if needed but do not expect me to jump when you say so. Because I am going to tell you now that will never work, your going to wake up and find me long gone if so." The feelings of slight shock and anger were literally emanating from his body.

 

"I will never let you escape me Kagome, I told you no one would ever have you the way that I do." The way he said it creeped her out, it was deathly smooth while his face was equally as calm. But she needed to make her point, leaning down and cupping his face gently she stared him directly in the eyes.

 

"Then do not give me any reasons to escape." He just stared at her for a while with the same passively bored expression before letting out an earth shaking groan of consent. Smiling she kissed him on the nose and sat up. "Lets eat lunch!"

 

~ ~ ~

 

She just finished the daily training with her sector, now she was enjoying a peaceful walk along the hills that ran alongside of the inu-village. The entire day just seemed to drag along; it was as if it would never end, something was missing from it. Her mood didn't help matters either, she wasn't tired but she wasn't her usual energetic self. Almost everyday she got up with the energy to leap mountains and race rivers, but ever since that battle with the strange hanyou, Naraku, she just wasn't all there. Even though she tried to deny it she knew why she felt this way, but damn it all, she shouldn't feel this way not about him. Groaning she slapped her forehead with her open palm, she picked the worst guy to become enamored with. She couldn't stop thinking about him, the way he held her in his strong arms as he ran swiftly behind the lady and the taiyoukai ignoring his own wounds for the sake of hers. The memory of those golden eyes glowing with determination and spirit in the heat of battle, plagued her dreams. Dammit, she couldn't think of HIM like this she needed to get over it, because it was never going happen and that was that. It was a lost cause, he is basically the sworn enemy of her lord master but worst than that he was still in love with her newly acquired best friend or lady of the western lands to be exact. He would never want a calloused, ball-busting soldier like herself in comparison. Letting the wind catch hold of her hair, she closed her eyes and sighed in defeat. "All I wanted was someone to love me, and it seems I am no match."

 

~

 

Keito climbed the hill somberly, not taking any notice to her surroundings. Her only goal was to get away from the castle and the village, all everyone could seem to talk about was Kagome and her victorious encounter. How she was the ideal woman, the woman every man should try to look for now. She had the women in awe of her, while the men were entranced by her, especially a certain youkai soldier whose every sentence uttered by that gorgeous idiot had something to do with HER. `Damn it all I am not supposed to be feeling this way. Not about her she has been nothing but kind to me so far. But damn if I don't hate her.` She was pretty sure she could kick a hole in a wall right about now. So busy in her seething thoughts, she nearly tripped over someone. Stepping back she looked to see Arshes sitting in front of her smirking at her clumsiness.

 

"Gomen Arshes, I did not see you there." The soldier shrugged and gestured to the ground next to her. Relieved that the soldier was not mad she happily obliged. Keito could easily remember the time where Arshes and herself never spoke to one another and never considered doing so either; now she considered her a friend that could be trusted through the hardest of times. That battle against that odd hanyou proved that, they had Kagome to thank for that though.

 

"How are you today Arshes?" the soldier seemed sullen for some reason.

 

"To tell you I am doing well would be a lie. How about you?" The solder's bright yellow eyes studied her for a minute, before turning back to the forest view before them.

 

She sighed a little before answering; she really did need someone to talk to.

 

"Tell you what, I'll tell you what is wrong in my life if you tell me what is wrong with yours."

 

"Deal." She laughed at the rabbit youkai's strange bargain, but what the hell she couldn't talk to Kagome so that left the rabbit.

 

~ ~

 

Sesshoumaru had the servants bring up lunch and set up a small table on the balcony so that they wouldn't have to go all the way downstairs. But Kagome was pretty sure the taiyoukai didn't want to be bothered by anyone, just like she really wasn't ready to leave their private little world. Lying on the bed on her back letting her head dangle off the side facing the opened balcony doors, she watched Sesshoumaru grab some fruit and walk back over to her. He didn't bother putting on his shirt, which she was immensely happy about, and gracefully laid down beside her on his back. Scooting her self up so that her head wasn't hanging off the edge, she propped her head on the pillows so she could look at him clearly. `So this is how it felt to be married. ` She rather enjoyed the odd feeling it gave her.

 

"Tell me…did..um…" she just knew her face was as red as a tomato. `Dammit` now he was looking at her with that damnable smirk.

 

"Hai?" His tone was lazy but intrigued, making it even harder for her to ask her question, and on top of that, his deep voice sounded so damn good.

 

"Did you and Kagura have a …well…you know…a," by now her hands were flailing uselessly trying to help her find the right non-embarrassing word. But to no avail, as usual. (A/N dammit I know that is a fragment but I like it like that so deal w/ it pleez. Thanx!) "Dammit did you have a thing with Kagura, because the way she sounded yesterday it was like you and her …." She stopped for two reasons, first she was totally embarrassed trying to convey her feelings to the emotionless youkai staring at her, second, and this one took the cake, the smug bastard was grinning at her in her moment of despair. She seriously considered purifying one of his ears off, for his heartlessness towards her.

 

Before she could say anything she felt his warm hand glide lazily over her hip, causing her to stop mid sentence just so that she may shiver freely. Damn him and his control over her body, it was like she was the puppet and he was the master. When it came to her responses to him, she had no control over what was happening to her. The hand glided over her backside and firmly grabbed it pulling her whole body flush up against his. Slowly she lifted her gaze to his amber one, eyes that held no clue to what he was exactly feeling.

 

"No my mate, that wind sorceress and I never rutted." The blunt way he said it brought the flames of embarrassment straight to her face, causing the arrogant taiyoukai to chuckle deeply. But as soon as he started he ended, and stared at her with startling seriousness. "I will not lie to you Kagome, I am no virgin by no means I have lain with many women." As if reading her worried thoughts he continued. "But now that you are with me I have no reason to ever look outside my own home." He sealed his words with a deep warm kiss, reassuring her that she was the only one for him.

 

He would never know how much she wanted to hear that. To be the only one.

~ ~ ~

 

Surprisingly the sun was still shining brightly in the sky when Sesshoumaru and Kagome decided to get to get some things done today. Kagome was talking to Kanaye in the village when she sensed a very familiar presence coming towards her. Still seated she turned and looked at the tree line that surrounded the ningen village.

 

"What is it Kagome do you sense something!" she could tell by the way the warrior's body stiffened that he was expecting invading demon's like before.

 

Turning back to him she smiled casually, "Oh no nothing to worry about just a hanyou on the loose."

 

"Well thanks Kagome, see if I come to visit you ever again." She stood up at the sound of the angry/ irritated voice. Inuyasha stood with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face looking at her and the warrior.

 

"Inuyasha, what are you doing here?" she laughed as she hugged the hanyou, who in turn embraced her with his strong grip.

 

"Yes Inuyasha what are you doing here?" the cool razor edge voice of the taiyoukai, made both Inuyasha and Kagome groan. Releasing Kagome Inuyasha turned to see his older brother standing behind the warrior who was scrambling to get up fast enough.

 

"Sessh…" she was getting sick and tired of his weird jealousy problems.

 

"I am here to see Kagome, you got a problem with that bro. Or did you forget she was with me long before she was with you." He smirked, he knew that would get to the tight ass.

 

"…she was with me…" those simple words were going to throw him over the edge. Sesshoumaru clinched and unclenched his hands slowly, never letting his face slip the entire time letting his bastard brother think he was bored. His eyes slowly passed over Kagome, she was staring at him with a plea in her eyes. He allowed his mind to filter into hers and vice versa.

 

("Sesshoumaru please do not fight with your brother, we are having such a good day today.") He shrugged nonchalantly and walked over to his brother. He watched as the hanyou tensed and reached for the hilt of his sword. ("Sesshoumaru you will not fight him do you hear me!") He nearly smirked; it was amusing that she even screamed in her head. ("You hold no feelings for my brother, so you say, so that means if I fight him, there will be no great loss.") Her beautiful purplish blue eyes flashed a vibrant indigo as she fixed him with an unrelenting stare. ("I do hold feelings for your brother, thank you very much.") Now it was his turn to react he turned so fast from the hanyou if one was to have blinked thay would have missed it. Sesshoumaru was now towering over his wife giving her his own unremitting look. ("You did not lie to me when you told me that you stopped loving my brother, so why is it that you change your mind now, Kagome?") Kagome rolled her eyes and sighed with a smile. ("I do not have feelings for Inuyasha like that but I do care about him as a friend and as a brother-in-law, and you should care about him as a sibling. However, we will talk about this another time, all I want now is to enjoy the rest of my day and my visit from Inuyasha, so please try to get along.") With that she gave the Taiyoukai a quick kiss and turned around.

 

`Damn her and her ability to persuade me.` Watching her sit back down gracefully she waited for everyone to return to normal. The villagers that watched slowly started to return to their task, while the mikos sitting near Kagome continued with their meditation. Kanaye the young ningen warrior bowed respectably before him before returning back to Kagome. All but Inuyasha returned to their previous state. He slowly met his brother's gaze, but what he saw was something he was pretty sure he would never receive from his brother. Standing before him was the illegitimate prince of the western lands, and son of the great dog demon Inutasio smiling at the very brother he tried numerous to take his very soul and he promised unrelenting hate towards him. The smile held a knowing look as well as a look of suppressed laughter. Sesshoumaru was beyond words, to describe how annoyed he was. He gave his brother one last look of death before returning back towards the castle.

 

 

~ ~

 

Arshes, Keito, Kanaye, Inuyasha, the five mikos, Miroku, and Sango who arrived not long ago, they were all sitting in a semi circle in the village temple. Kagome sat peacefully off to the side of the circle in order to keep watch over Shippo and Rin who were busy coloring abstract things. She sat quietly and watched her friends as they discussed further plans and new ideas for the army. After the idea was tossed around and modified it was thrown her way so that she may decide whether to use it or not. She never realized running your own army would be so difficult, but thankfully she had friends that new a little of everything. They were coming up with things she would have never remembered on her own. Such as food, clothing, lodging, defense maneuvers for different occasions, and other important details. She smiled grimly as she thought to herself, `My army would have surly died with me as their sole leader.`

 

" I still do not understand our purpose in this my lady Kagome" Iva `s confused look a long with the other's told Kagome that they still were not quite sure how much they meant to this army.

 

Smiling she looked out towards the children playing and towards the villagers working, trying to think of the right words to say. "By now all of you know of our enemy, each and every one of your lives has been affected by this ongoing battle. No one person can kill him; it's been tried and has failed in the process. Naraku will use every weakness he can find and exploit it until we can physically take no more. That is why we are together now, Sango's skills as ataijiya, Miroku's cursed hand and blessed seals, Inuyasha's bravery and sword, Sesshoumaru's army and his sword, and our," looking at each one of the mikos, "and our holy powers. So you see you are just as important as the rest of us. Besides a ningen army will be slaughtered in seconds before they are even able to strike the enemy. However, if we have a holy shield and purified attacks we will be just as strong as Sesshoumaru's army. Our army will be able to do things Sesshoumaru's will not be able to do, we will be able to form alliances where a youkai army cannot. Trust me, you are needed greatly in this battle."

 

"Then Lady Kagome we will do our best to assist you in this battle against evil." Iva's words were spoken on behalf of the other miko's, who in turn nodded deeply in respect and agreement.

 

 

 

~ ~

 

He watched silently at her side as she tucked each child in bed giving them endless kisses and loving words, when she turned away he received his very own expectant looks from both of them. Looking towards Rin, he wasn't the least bit surprised to see an excited & expecting look on her face. As customary he patted her head gently and nodded towards her, giggling she snuggled deeply into her futon. Turning to the futon on the other side of the room his eyes met with the wide greenish brown eyes of the kit, filled with his usual curiosity and hope. He nodded deeper than what he would present to others he associated with at formal junctions; he then turned and left the room with Kagome.

 

His eyes watched her closely as she prepared for bed; he took note of her slight shift in mannerisms this evening. Something was on her mind, she wanted to tell or ask him something and she didn't know how to, and that aspect bothered him. Why couldn't she just ask him? Hell they have been through worse situations together, she should trust him by now. Besides it couldn't be anything drastic, nothing has really happened for her to tell him anything shocking. Except for one thing, only one minor flaw, Inuyasha, that bastard. Dammit it was about that bastard he just knew it. Even the way she brushed her hair and braided it told him she was dying to ask him something.

 

Sighing inwardly, he grabbed his hair and tossed over his shoulder so he could lie against the headboard unhindered. Cracking his knuckles, he placed his hands behind his head and waited, his expression wasn't the usual, though this time his face clearly showed his abundant agitation. Slowly she put her brush down and climbed in beside him, staring up at him her eyes were full of hesitation and confusion. He couldn't take it anymore; he was never going to get on with the night at this pace.

 

 

"Kagome ask me your question about that bastard brother of mine." Her eyes went from shock to laughter in seconds then to serious. Putting her hairbrush down, she turned back to him and crawled his way across the bed. He watched, as the muscles in each arm grew taught with each movement, he was amazed how her small body visually betrayed her youkai strength and abilities. After letting his eyes roam once more over her body, he settled back on her beautiful eyes, which held determination and curiosity as expected. This brought him back to reality to the matter at hand, sighing he grabbed her gently by the waist and scooted her the rest of the way so that she was now lying against his chest staring up at him.

 

She smiled at him shyly before asking her question. "Why do you hate your brother so much, and don't tell me it's because he is a half breed either, because you and I both know you really don't hate ningens as much as you claim."

 

Growling a sigh, he ran a clawed hand slowly through his hair thinking of what to say. Damn he didn't want to talk about this he wanted to do other things, more interesting things, but looking into her eyes he knew she really wanted to know. " Hate is not really the emotion I feel when I look at that idiot, its more like disappointment. With every decision that idiot makes, further strengthens my beliefs that he is a disgrace to my family title." He paused, looking to see if she was going to make a remark. But surprisingly she said nothing, she just gazed up at him with her intense eyes and waited for him to finish. He brought his hand up and ran it slowly through her silky hair, `where would he be without her?`. "You must understand I knew what my brother could have been and what he could have done to live up to our family title even with his mixed blood. If he wasn't such a fool he could have changed what is said about hanyous, not adding wood to the fire as he is now." Just thinking about that idiot agitated his usually cool nerves. "Inuyasha has come to the point where I believe killing him is the only way to save himself and my family's title."

 

He looked at her closely as she began to move from his chest, her face held no tell-tell sign of what she was feeling or thinking. She simply got under the covers and snuggled up to his side.

 

"Well I think your wrong Inuyasha is changing what people think about hanyous, just in his own way." she ignored his "humph" and continued, "and you know I think your wrong and a tad bit crazy about the killing him idea." She could feel his icy glare at her statement as he joined her under the covers. "All I can say is I hope one of these days both of you will try and understand each other."

 

The taiyoukai's sonorous growl was the last thing she heard before drifting to sleep.

 

`I Sesshoumaru, try to understand my brother's logic, I take THAT as an insult.`

 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

 

 

Sesshoumaru watched from his position at the table as Kagome and Shippo explained the importance of the jewel shards to Rin. He smirked inwardly as Shippo gave the most dramatic and detailed performance with each event he could remember. He would have never thought the kit could grow on him but for some reason he was tolerable if not more. `I am growing soft, this is unacceptable.` He was interrupted from his thoughts as Jaken came up to him and handed him a letter. Just by looking at the regal wax seal, he knew what it was and what it was about. Growling he stood up and swiftly left the room, telling Kagome with a single growl, he would be in the study.

 

 

After she played with the children and helped with their daily lessons she finally went to Sesshoumaru's study. The way he reacted when he received the letter was somewhat alarming, making the event nag in the back of her head all morning. As she walked quickly through the castle halls, she realized that she was walking around here as if she would her house in the future. Strange.

 

Sesshoumaru turned from the window to see his mate enter the room gracefully, wearing one of her yellow kimonos with black designs. He watched as she walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his chest and feigned sleeping. Smiling he turned and wrapped his arms around her. It was somewhat funny the way they acted towards each other, he would have never guessed her little antics and gestures or just her presence would actually make him feel happiness.

 

"We are invited to the territorial meeting, it is a meeting held by the primary region lords to talk about anything of importance. And it seems they have found out that I now have a mate, and they have deemed that important." He took in her confused look and continued, "Some wish to argue with me and try to bring up ancient agreements that my father made with them about me marrying their daughters. Some are simply female youkais who wish to argue our marriage and challenge it, and then there are the few who actually just want to see you, out of their own curiosity. Then there is the matter of the mysterious north army that we must all work out together and form some sort of decision. Either purpose we must attend." Sitting down in his chair he placed her on his lap and nuzzled her neck, today her scent seemed to be driving him a little crazy. " Keito will come along as your companion and Eichiro and Jaken will come along as advisors.

 

Her delicate faced frowned as she thought for a second, "who will take care of the children?"